Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Paranormal State ...Fakes The Show

Aanica

Paranormal State apparently does fake their evidence and stage/script the show...

I do enjoy this "show" but even I cant take Chip sometimes...LOL This is a review of several shows, This last one is where clients come forward and tell all that went on in their Oregon home...The one the with guy that was decapitated and did not want his friend to feel guilty about the car accident that caused his death....

Paranormal State, Client Confession...

Blogs Owner Main Site

edit: To include original site for references

Edited by Aanica

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aanica

• The Paranormal Skeptic

• Korbus

• Pauly Dangerously

Surprise. Surprise.

I'm pretty sure that all of these shows are scripted and staged and dramatized, but it was very interesting to see what the clients had to say about it.

Thanks Aanica! :tu:

I'm having skepticism as to the truthfulness of that document.

As I read on it sounds more and more like someone who has some weird deep disdain for the show, making a story to tear it a new hole.

I think for me the show has more credibility than this web page...

Don't believe everything you read on some blog on the internet.

Edited by shadowdude

I'm having skepticism as to the truthfulness of that document.

As I read on it sounds more and more like someone who has some weird deep disdain for the show, making a story to tear it a new hole.

I think for me the show has more credibility than this web page...

Don't believe everything you read on some blog on the internet.

That's what I thought. Someone who dislikes the show and/or the people for some reason, going a long way just to make them look bad. There's some people on the show, some clients, that act pretty naturally and seems pretty realistic. I doubt those people are that good of actors.

Everyone lies. Why can't they both be lying? I have seen and read more than my share of bs and both the show and that blog reek. It's like a really uneventful battle of psychics that ends in "Shut up," "No, YOU shut up."

I guess each side has their own story. I think there are lies & truth comming from both sides . Only thing....which do you believe?

They must have to stage a lot for the rating of the show , so a lot of that I believe is true. The people in the home seem like they wanted to bring all this staging up so viewers know what goes on.

The only thing I believe 100% is about Chip. He just seems so fake and I think he should go into acting , he's good at faking !

The thing I love the most is whenever I suggest TAPS or Ghosthunters may be faking I get crucified but now that someone says PRS fakes stuff people are starting to say I’m pretty sure all shows fake it. Only comment I have is I hope all these shows are exposed because IMO and this is all it is my opinion I think these shows do more harm then good.

I've been saying PS was scripted since I first started posting here - it's no big secret. Just watching it (ugh) makes it obvious.

The thing I love the most is whenever I suggest TAPS or Ghosthunters may be faking I get crucified but now that someone says PRS fakes stuff people are starting to say I’m pretty sure all shows fake it. Only comment I have is I hope all these shows are exposed because IMO and this is all it is my opinion I think these shows do more harm then good.

Exsposing a fraud is always worth the effort, imo, but I will agree that these shows do more for sensationalism than any real good.

I've been saying PS was scripted since I first started posting here - it's no big secret. Just watching it (ugh) makes it obvious.

Agreed.

For all you skeptics that believe Ghost Hunters is faked this is proof positive that it isn't. What do I mean by that? You see now a days with the magic of the Internet it is not possible to fake a show and get away with it. There will ALWAYS be someone who will leak that info on the Internet.

Paranormal State has only run for 1 or 2 years and it was found out as fake. Ghost Hunters has been running far longer than that and no one has come forward with proof it is staged of faked.

I hated Paranormal State anyway..heh

For all you skeptics that believe Ghost Hunters is faked this is proof positive that it isn't. What do I mean by that? You see now a days with the magic of the Internet it is not possible to fake a show and get away with it. There will ALWAYS be someone who will leak that info on the Internet.

Paranormal State has only run for 1 or 2 years and it was found out as fake. Ghost Hunters has been running far longer than that and no one has come forward with proof it is staged of faked.

I hated Paranormal State anyway..heh

Umm, no. Not in my opinion, anyway. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. In other words, just because a producer or someone hasn't come forward to say they faked stuff doesn't mean it never happened. Besides, I don't think TAPS fakes stuff right in front of clients. I just think they play a little fast and loose with evidence review. Or, during their latest live show, fail miserably at slipping a disembodied voice and a jacket tug past thousands upon thousands of eagle-eyed viewers.

Again, why can TAPS not be questioned? I have no doubt this board would be fuming had the latest TAPS fiasco been perpetrated by Most Haunted instead. But TAPS? Naaah. And this is coming from someone who has been a TAPS/Ghost Hunters fan for years. I think in this field everything should be questioned. Even TAPS.

It is T.V

no matter who they are ......

no matter who they are their responsible to the network first and that means ratings and commercials that want to sell their product while a hot show is on.

It is T.V

no matter who they are ......

no matter who they are their responsible to the network first and that means ratings and commercials that want to sell their product while a hot show is on.

Aanica I have been in this debate a thousand times people dont think like this. For some reason Jason and Grant are Gods of the paranormal. I gaurentee if the evidence they caught was on PRS people would say how fake it was. There is no proof that TAPS fakes evidence yet, but I am pretty sure along with almost everyone on the scifi boards they are frauds after the live Halloween special last week. A funny thing will happen if they ever are exposed everyone here I have had debates with on this subject will suddenly have known for a while the show was staged.

To CpJason just because no one has come out and said this show is fake is not proof it is legit. I mean look at the real world it wasnt exposed it was staged till about the 13th season during a behind the scenes show on television. Same thing with Jerry Springer millions of people thought this show was legit for many years then one day they were busted. Even shows like my wife watches one is called The Hills, she couldnt believe it when she heard one of the characters say in a interview "we were never friends a producer saw me and liked my face and offered me a deal." My point is, just because Ghosthunter is in its 4th season and not exposed yet doesnt mean they are legit.

Paranormal State is not fake. I did some research and I uncovered some sites that said the news is fake, and to not fall for it for one second. Meh, I still believe the show is real.

Paranormal State is not fake. I did some research and I uncovered some sites that said the news is fake, and to not fall for it for one second. Meh, I still believe the show is real.

Can you show me what you have read or found please, id like to read it.

Oh hell. FAKE maybe is a strong word, I'll give some of you that. But embellished to lead viewers to think something MORE than what is actually happening, is happening. C'mon, lets be honest. It's not THAT far fetched. People just don't like to admit they got fooled. The news embellishes all the time, either to make things seem worse, or to make them seem not as bad. If it's not sensational, it ain't newsworthy. Anyone here taken a journalism class? The rule in T.V. journalism is, "Blood leads." Whatever is the most bloody crime/accident will lead local news. Whatever will invoke the most reaction is the lead story. That's why the news always starts, "Barack Obama is the new president elect, ect. ect. AND there was an early morning murder on the near east side..."

Whats gonna bring in viewers?

I don't watch either show unless my sister tapes them for me,since I only have basic cable and don't get the SCI-FI Channel.

TAPS has been around for a long time,long before the show.Have they faked any evidence, that I don't know.

It would not be worth their while to do so, in my opinion. What exactly happemd on the Halloween show last week.I know something about Grant's jacket being tugged at,but that's all.Didn't feel like reading all those pages at the TAPS18+ forum under episodes and watch parties.You have to go through like 20 pages of Hi Joe,How are you/ before you actually get through to where the actual show is discussed.

TV is all about ratings and money. If like the Real World they stage stuff so it's a lot of drama,then it draws in viewers which brings money. Don't understand all that,but my sister does, working in television.Even on their forums questions have been raised about some of the evidence.

This fake business in regards to TAPS was first brought up in regards I think to one of their California investigations.It was either the Charlie Chaplin Studios or Manson House episodes. But I can't recall what it invovled.or maybe it was when they were at the Presidio. Oh, I think it was invovling the Queen Mary Episode. Seems to me someone tried to fake evidence,a team member, but they are no longer with TAPS.Think I read it on their board.

But I do think Grant and Jason try to be fairly honest about stuff they get on the show.

I don't watch either show unless my sister tapes them for me,since I only have basic cable and don't get the SCI-FI Channel.

TAPS has been around for a long time,long before the show.Have they faked any evidence, that I don't know.

It would not be worth their while to do so, in my opinion. What exactly happemd on the Halloween show last week.I know something about Grant's jacket being tugged at,but that's all.Didn't feel like reading all those pages at the TAPS18+ forum under episodes and watch parties.You have to go through like 20 pages of Hi Joe,How are you/ before you actually get through to where the actual show is discussed.

TV is all about ratings and money. If like the Real World they stage stuff so it's a lot of drama,then it draws in viewers which brings money. Don't understand all that,but my sister does, working in television.Even on their forums questions have been raised about some of the evidence.

This fake business in regards to TAPS was first brought up in regards I think to one of their California investigations.It was either the Charlie Chaplin Studios or Manson House episodes. But I can't recall what it invovled.or maybe it was when they were at the Presidio. Oh, I think it was invovling the Queen Mary Episode. Seems to me someone tried to fake evidence,a team member, but they are no longer with TAPS.Think I read it on their board.

But I do think Grant and Jason try to be fairly honest about stuff they get on the show.

The show isnt Jason and Grants, it belongs to sci fi. I am not saying I think Jason and Grant want to fake evidence if the network says do it, they have to do it. What if they dont, then they dont have a show. If they dont have a show they dont get easy money and will have to become plumbers again. Anyway this thread is about PRS I better knock it off or start a new thread. I just dont get how people can say something PRS gets is faked because one doesnt like the show and if TAPS got the same evidence people start drooling over it.

Aanica I have been in this debate a thousand times people dont think like this. For some reason Jason and Grant are Gods of the paranormal. I guarantee if the evidence they caught was on PRS people would say how fake it was. There is no proof that TAPS fakes evidence yet, but I am pretty sure along with almost everyone on the scifi boards they are frauds after the live Halloween special last week. A funny thing will happen if they ever are exposed everyone here I have had debates with on this subject will suddenly have known for a while the show was staged.

To CpJason just because no one has come out and said this show is fake is not proof it is legit. I mean look at the real world it wasn't exposed it was staged till about the 13th season during a behind the scenes show on television. Same thing with Jerry Springer millions of people thought this show was legit for many years then one day they were busted. Even shows like my wife watches one is called The Hills, she couldn't believe it when she heard one of the characters say in an interview "we were never friends a producer saw me and liked my face and offered me a deal." My point is, just because Ghost hunter is in its 4th season and not exposed yet doesn't mean they are legit.

I agree and I understand your position and I share it whole-heartedly. I am also a fan of PS but I also never kidded my self and followed blindly believing all the things were real and I can tell you there is no way TAPs is any different.

I will never understand why someone would believe a show like that would not have the influence of ratings and advertising dollars. I mean if you think about it isn't it on the Sci-Fi channel.? ;) These shows are for entertainment ...right?

I know this is America but two plumbers make it rich ghost hunting... :lol: I still plan to watch PS but I just felt it necessary to post this because none of these shows should be taken for any more than what they are...shows..:)

I agree and I understand your position and I share it whole-heartedly. I am also a fan of PS but I also never kidded my self and followed blindly believing all the things were real and I can tell you there is no way TAPs is any different.

I will never understand why someone would believe a show like that would not have the influence of ratings and advertising dollars. I mean if you think about it isn't it on the Sci-Fi channel.? ;) These shows are for entertainment ...right?

I know this is America but two plumbers make it rich ghost hunting... :lol: I still plan to watch PS but I just felt it necessary to post this because none of these shows should be taken for any more than what they are...shows..:)

Exactly!!!!!!

Beautifully said :tu:

Rubbish... No I agree, just felt like being obstinate.

Paranormal State apparently does fake their evidence and stage/script the show...

I do enjoy this "show" but even I cant take Chip sometimes...LOL This is a review of several shows, This last one is where clients come forward and tell all that went on in their Oregon home...The one the with guy that was decapitated and did not want his friend to feel guilty about the car accident that caused his death....

Paranormal State, Client Confession...

Blogs Owner Main Site

edit: To include original site for references

Good post. It was obivious to the majority of us that watched this crap that it was staged. Some people just choose to believe no matter what is shown. Boo ya.