Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Paranormal State ...Fakes The Show

Aanica

I agree and I understand your position and I share it whole-heartedly. I am also a fan of PS but I also never kidded my self and followed blindly believing all the things were real and I can tell you there is no way TAPs is any different.

I will never understand why someone would believe a show like that would not have the influence of ratings and advertising dollars. I mean if you think about it isn't it on the Sci-Fi channel.? ;) These shows are for entertainment ...right?

I know this is America but two plumbers make it rich ghost hunting... :lol: I still plan to watch PS but I just felt it necessary to post this because none of these shows should be taken for any more than what they are...shows.. :)

I totally agree Aanica, but if I were the home owners and had a bunch of teens in my home drinking beer and showing signs of deceipt I would have gone to any extreme to get them out of there, before it was filmed..JMO..JN :yes:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aanica

• The Paranormal Skeptic

• Korbus

• Pauly Dangerously

Yes thanks Aanica!, I had already stressed many times over on this board that Parnormal state was nothing but a cash cow hoax.... And this just backs up what I said....

A cash cow maybe but all the paranormal shows are cash cows now, I wish I had stock in one ....any one.. :D Do you guys ever wonder why the paranormal is more active than ever?

A cash cow maybe but all the paranormal shows are cash cows now, I wish I had stock in one ....any one.. :D Do you guys ever wonder why the paranormal is more active than ever?

I think now more then ever people need something else to believe in. The advances in science and the internet lead to more evidence in either direction as well

Do you guys ever wonder why the paranormal is more active than ever?

There is definitely a rise in spirituality lately. It seems like more people are kind of backing slowly away from organized religion and moving toward spirituality instead. But as far as the paranormal themed shows, I think it's probably because despite all the advances in science, people are still just as easy to believe nonsense as ever. And if you have a huge group of people who will believe just about anything, you can put nonsense on tv and people will eat it up.

Now, don't get me wrong...I enjoy the paranormal as well. And I watch some of these shows we're talking about too. But if people are going to believe without questioning, more and more shows will keep popping up. And, unfortunately, that means more fakery.

Paranormal State is not fake. I did some research and I uncovered some sites that said the news is fake, and to not fall for it for one second. Meh, I still believe the show is real.

I'd like to echo the request to see what you found that shows evidence that the story of Paranormal State faking and misrepresenting stories is bogus. Thank you in advance!

The paranormal has always been there even without internet and tools of the trade. I think the dead are more active or the veil between us and them is thiner... :o

As far as the Chipper goes, my personal POV is that he's always rubbed me the wrong way. I'm not just saying that because of TV. I've met - or I should say, tried to meet - him several times when he and PRS came to LI and he's always snubbed me and people in my group. That's very odd for someone who has such a public persona (by contrast Ryan, Kristen, Heather etc. have all been great people to hang out with!).

I saw him give a Franks' Box demo once and wasn't at all impressed.

This is just my own opinion.

As far as the Chipper goes, my personal POV is that he's always rubbed me the wrong way. I'm not just saying that because of TV. I've met - or I should say, tried to meet - him several times when he and PRS came to LI and he's always snubbed me and people in my group. That's very odd for someone who has such a public persona (by contrast Ryan, Kristen, Heather etc. have all been great people to hang out with!).

I saw him give a Franks' Box demo once and wasn't at all impressed.

This is just my own opinion.

To me this man is no better then Sylvia Brown. I mean he charges damn near the same price for a reading. I believe ms. brown charges 700 Chip charges 500

To me this man is no better then Sylvia Brown. I mean he charges damn near the same price for a reading. I believe ms. brown charges 700 Chip charges 500

(Not to change the subject)

IF I were to pay for a reading (and I wouldn't) I'd go with John Edwards. I've seen him "perform" and can't find any obvious deception.

IF I were to pay for a reading (and I wouldn't) I'd go with John Edwards. I've seen him "perform" and can't find any obvious deception.

I have not heard of John Edwards for a while what has happened to him..?

HEY! Chipper is a national baseball legend. He's played for the Braves for 15 years... sorry wrong Chipper.

Paranormal State apparently does fake their evidence and stage/script the show...

I do enjoy this "show" but even I cant take Chip sometimes...LOL This is a review of several shows, This last one is where clients come forward and tell all that went on in their Oregon home...The one the with guy that was decapitated and did not want his friend to feel guilty about the car accident that caused his death....

Paranormal State, Client Confession...

Blogs Owner Main Site

edit: To include original site for references

I bookmarked the site after reading much off the top of it. Wow. It's good to read guest's stories about Ryan and to learn that what some of have been suspecting is actually happening. I only hope that other paranormal investigators whom I deem worthy don't follow Ryan's footsteps, i.e., Ghost Hunters with Jason and Grant, Steve and the rest. These people who do what Ryan and his crew do just set us back so very far and it takes milestones to get past what they do and get the truth to be believed. Thank you so much for sharing this website/story with us Aanica!

:yes:

I bookmarked the site after reading much off the top of it. Wow. It's good to read guest's stories about Ryan and to learn that what some of have been suspecting is actually happening. I only hope that other paranormal investigators whom I deem worthy don't follow Ryan's footsteps, i.e., Ghost Hunters with Jason and Grant, Steve and the rest. These people who do what Ryan and his crew do just set us back so very far and it takes milestones to get past what they do and get the truth to be believed. Thank you so much for sharing this website/story with us Aanica!

:yes:

Your welcome...:)

i wrote a hole post about PS bashing it.... and man this is way better! i said Ryan was a ego dink, but nothing beets this quote

"Ryan took great pride in coming up with “This shadow man that you see in your home...” He practiced saying “shadow man” in a deeper register than he usually uses and was quite pleased with himself. He requires everyone on his team to worship him and show and express their admiration of him to everyone. "

thank you for posting this man!

I thought all he did was cold readings which can be faked especially with a lot of people. This is why I want like an hour with him. Tottally want to know.

And I never noticed that Ryan looks at himself in the mirror.....I'm going to have to watch the show just to catch him doing it.

Did anybody else find the article extremely repetitive???? seems to me that if this were real proof they wouldn't have to keep using the same quotes over and over and over again

Did anybody else find the article extremely repetitive???? seems to me that if this were real proof they wouldn't have to keep using the same quotes over and over and over again

yeah i did. that was the only thing i didn't like about it.

It's very hard to take televised paranormal shows seriously.

I know it's not exactly on topic, but I can't help myself - what was your overall impression of John Edward? Did he actually impress you?

Paranormal State apparently does fake their evidence and stage/script the show...

I do enjoy this "show" but even I cant take Chip sometimes...LOL This is a review of several shows, This last one is where clients come forward and tell all that went on in their Oregon home...The one the with guy that was decapitated and did not want his friend to feel guilty about the car accident that caused his death....

Paranormal State, Client Confession...

Blogs Owner Main Site

edit: To include original site for references

Great post. This is the first I've heard about that.

I know it's not exactly on topic, but I can't help myself - what was your overall impression of John Edward? Did he actually impress you?

I cannot answer for MP, but I heard he used headphones (ear piece) and was told about the people prior to reading them. Heard that last year sometime. I do enjoy watching him as well, but if I had my choice I :yes: would rather see Lisa Williams. JMO...JN