Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Poles returning home are receiving

chemical-licker

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/...K-benefits.html

Poles returning home are receiving master-classes on how to keep claiming UK benefits

linked-image Employment officers say returning Poles are using EU rules to keep claiming UK handouts for months after returning home

Polish workers flooding back to their homeland are receiving government master-classes in how to keep milking Britain and Ireland for benefits.

Employment officers say returning Poles are using EU rules to make sure they can keep claiming Western handouts for months after they've returned to their own country, it emerged today.

Polish daily paper Gazeta Wyborcza says local employment offices have been run ragged by demands for benefits.

'Ireland's Polish workforce is starting to come back,' said Renata Cygan, vice director of the regional job office in Opole, south west Poland.

'In one day we received 10 calls about how to get Irish unemployment benefit and how to keep claiming it in Poland.'

Now Polish jobs chiefs are even holding workshops and seminars on how to keep using the UK and Ireland for unemployment handouts.

'We work on the assumption that if someone worked abroad, they should claim benefits there.

'Why should we pay? That's why we're organising information meetings about how to seek benefits abroad,' said Ms Cygan.

Another job centre in Rzeszow says it has received more inquiries about claiming British and Irish unemployment benefits in one week than it had all the previous year.

Poles returning from Ireland need only to prove that they have been employed there for 39 weeks, in order to qualify for job seekers' allowance.

And despite being home in Poland, they can keep claiming the handout for up to three months.

But Poles returning from the UK do not even need to prove that they have worked for any specific amount of time.

In Britain, job seekers' benefits are calculated on the basis of the seeker's last salary.

The Polish media claims that in the case of UK Poles this usually works out at around 700 GBP a month.

The handout - 3,200 Zloty in local currency - is more than the average monthly salary of a worker in the capital, Warsaw.

By comparison Poles on local benefits claim just 121 GBP - or 551 Zloty - a month for just six months before the payments stop.

The news follows press predictions, last summer, that one in four Poles in Ireland could become jobless, as the Irish economy collapses.

Where does all this money come from? this is really messed up :yes:

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GreyWeather

• chemical-licker

• The Brain Overlord

• zimbob

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going to stop reading stuff like this because it just makes me angry.

Angry at immigrants for being so greedy.

Angry at immigrants for not abiding by our laws.

Angry at our law's for not reprimanding these immigrants.

Angry at the UK politicians for not stopping this.

Angry at the UK public for putting up with this.

Angry at the EU for encouraging this.

Angry at myself for letting this happen to the country I love.

For as long as I can remember (born in 75) not a single Prime Minister has done anything that would greatly increase the standard of living for the common man/woman including the protection of our establishments like the benefits system, when will we as responsible British people say enough is enough and remove the bloody idiots that have driven this country into a recession worsened by stupid laws and even more criminally insane regulations decided by the EU.

Great Britain does not need the EU it does not need any more immigrants and it does not need another painfully stupid and quite possibly corrupt politicians.

I think I'm going to buy an apartment, quit my job and claim benefits.

I think I'm going to buy an apartment, quit my job and claim benefits.

dont think about it, DO IT :yes: then write a book on how to claim benfits and it will be a best seller, i give away all my best ideas :cry:

These Poles have come over to England and taken our Jobs, Taken our Benefits, installed badly fitted kitchens, built shoddy walls,harrassed our women, now the're off.... GOOD RIDDANCE :yes:

Edited by illuminati rules

These Poles have come over to England and taken our Jobs, Taken our Benefits, installed badly fitted kitchens, built shoddy walls,harrassed our women, now the're off.... GOOD RIDDANCE :yes:

But... Polish women are pretty hot :cry: Can't the Polish women stay?

But... Polish women are pretty hot :cry: Can't the Polish women stay?

They are hot alright, they give it the bigg'un WHEN YOU GOT YOUR WALLET OPEN, then trun as cold as ice when your a bit skint from paying another pole for building work on your house, good riddance to them an all :yes:

The English rose it BACK IN BUSINESS :yes::tu:

i like the poles the majority come for the money. i believe their all off to Norway now were the minimum wage is £10 an hour.

Where its all gone wrong in the UK is letting ourselves get sucked into the EU by weak leadership. but its the benefit system that needs reforming. its open to abuse and people aren't going to turn down free money. we should be directing our fire at the shower of **** we call our government.

i want some of this action.

Here is a summary of the broad range of policies proposed by UKIP for an independent Britain in which democracy really works.

* UKIP will leave the political EU and trade globally and freely. We will re-embrace today’s fast-growing Commonwealth and we will encourage UK manufacturing so that we make things again.

* We will freeze immigration for five years, speed up deportation of up to a million illegal immigrants by tripling the numbers engaged in deportations, and have ‘no home no visa’ work permits to ease the housing crisis.

* We will have a grammar school in every town. We will restore standards of education and improve skills training. Student grants will replace student loans.

* We will radically reform the working of the NHS with an Insurance Fund, whilst upholding the ‘free at the point of care’ principles. We will bring back matrons and have locally run, clean hospitals.

* We will give people the vote on policing priorities, go back to proper beat policing and scrap the Human Rights Act. We will have sentences that mean what they say.

* We will take 4.5 million people out of tax with a simple Flat Tax (with National Insurance) starting at £10,000. We will scrap Inheritance Tax, not just reform it and cut corporation taxes.

* We will say No to green taxes and wind farms. To avert a major energy crisis, we will go for new nuclear power plants on the same existing site facilities and for clean coal. We will reduce pollution and encourage recycling.

* We will make welfare simpler and fairer, introduce ‘workfare’ to get people back to work, and a new citizens pension and private pensions scheme insurance.

* We will support our armed forces with more spending on equipment, military homes and medical care. We will save our threatened warships and add 25,000 more troops.

* We will be fair to England, with an English Parliament of English MPs at Westminster. We will replace assembly members like MSPs with MPs. And we will promote referenda at local and national levels.

* We will make customer satisfaction number one for rail firms – not cost cutting and will look seriously at reopening some rail lines that Beeching closed. We will make foreign lorries pay for British roads with a ‘Britdisc’ – and we will stop persecuting motorists.

* Last, but never least, we will bring in fair prices and fair competition for our suffering farmers, and restore traditional British fishing and territorial waters.

^ It sounds all good.

But... Aren't the UKIP kinda. Extremists?