Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Howard Storm - Truthful or False?

Fatal

Has anybody here heard of Howard Storm? He was an atheist who looked down on all religions and apparently had a near death experience in 1985 and supposedly, he was being led to Hell but was then saved by Jesus, after praying to him. I just read some of the events he was supposedly told by the beings of Heaven. Some of those events, was that the world economy would eventually collapse. [Kind of makes me think, because just look at the economy right now]

He was also told there would be an increase of natural disasters, such as earthquakes, volcanic activity, tornados and hurricanes. [There does seem to be an increase the last few years]

He also claims these Heavenly beings told him the world would eventually be full of nature and it would be like a big garden around the world and there would no longer be a need for war, machines and other modern things. Apparently, in 200 years (from 1985), everyone would know how to use psychokinesis and telepathy.

He is now a minister at a church in Ohio, preaching about angels and Jesus. You can look up his name on Wikipedia and learn about all this if you don't know about it already. So my question is, do you believe this guy is truthful or just a fraud?

Edited by ~Shadow~

• 1 year later...

<!--coloro:#000080--><span style="color:#000080"><!--/coloro-->Has anybody here heard of Howard Storm? He was an atheist who looked down on all religions and apparently had a near death experience in 1985 and supposedly, he was being led to Hell but was then saved by Jesus, after praying to him. I just read some of the events he was supposedly told by the beings of Heaven. Some of those events, was that the world economy would eventually collapse. <b>[Kind of makes me think, because just look at the economy right now]</b>

He was also told there would be an increase of natural disasters, such as earthquakes, volcanic activity, tornados and hurricanes. <b>[There does seem to be an increase the last few years]</b>

He also claims these Heavenly beings told him the world would eventually be full of nature and it would be like a big garden around the world and there would no longer be a need for war, machines and other modern things. Apparently, in 200 years (from 1985), everyone would know how to use psychokinesis and telepathy.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--coloro:#000080--><span style="color:#000080"><!--/coloro-->He is now a minister at a church in Ohio, preaching about angels and Jesus. You can look up his name on Wikipedia and learn about all this if you don't know about it already. So my question is, do you believe this guy is truthful or just a fraud?<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Yes, as a born again believer, I do believe that Howard Storm went into the outer darkness that all unbelievers will eventually experience and that he came back to describe it. In fact, it coincides with scriptures in Act where it says that in the last days there will be an increase in supernatural experiences such as visions & dreams (NDE is not mentioned specifically). Anyway, it all boils down to one thing and that is believing that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and that He died in place of you and for your sins. It also is about having the faith to live for Him each day in your heart and walking out what the Word of God Says to do. This is basically what Howard Storm is encouraging everyone to do. He is not asking for your money or your time to invest in anyone, but Jesus Christ. This is how I know he is for real. Everyone has their opinions about whether or not he made up this wild story, but if you look past all of this and just focus on what Howard Storm has accomplished and done with His life since his NDE, you will see that He was making a lot of money as a professor in a large university, but turned away from all of this after his NDE to follow after Christ and probably only makes 1/2 of what he did before. He does not care about money because this is not his focus any longer. Its about making a difference while he is alive on this earth and touching all those that he can with God's love. You can choose to believe this or not- its up to you, but in the end, you will be faced with a very real choice- whether or not Jesus is your Lord and that will determine where you spend eternity.

Yes, what Storm said is 100% true. I have a friend who does spiritual stuff and the stuff he has told me coincides with the experience of Howard Storm. Storm's near death experience is the only one I believe so far. It is absolutely true beyond a doubt. He was in the early stages of going to "hell"..

Sounds like brain damage to me.

<!--coloro:#000080--><span style="color:#000080"><!--/coloro-->Has anybody here heard of Howard Storm? He was an atheist who looked down on all religions and apparently had a near death experience in 1985 and supposedly, he was being led to Hell but was then saved by Jesus, after praying to him. I just read some of the events he was supposedly told by the beings of Heaven. Some of those events, was that the world economy would eventually collapse. <b>[Kind of makes me think, because just look at the economy right now]</b>

He was also told there would be an increase of natural disasters, such as earthquakes, volcanic activity, tornados and hurricanes. <b>[There does seem to be an increase the last few years]</b>

He also claims these Heavenly beings told him the world would eventually be full of nature and it would be like a big garden around the world and there would no longer be a need for war, machines and other modern things. Apparently, in 200 years (from 1985), everyone would know how to use psychokinesis and telepathy.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--coloro:#000080--><span style="color:#000080"><!--/coloro-->He is now a minister at a church in Ohio, preaching about angels and Jesus. You can look up his name on Wikipedia and learn about all this if you don't know about it already. So my question is, do you believe this guy is truthful or just a fraud?<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

If he says he had a near death experience...which it was, seeing as how he was dead for several minutes in an actual hospital...I'm kind of leaning towards believing him. He was an atheist, and I would think even an athiest wouldn't waste their time on anything religious. Besides, I imagine Howard is a far ways away from living Benny Hinn's lifestyle.

In 200 years TK and PK abilities will more than likely be realized through tech. They're already decoding actual video of people's memories right now. I say we don't need either of those abils...since we're already too damned lazy as it is.

Edited by SpiderCyde

He was also told there would be an increase of natural disasters, such as earthquakes, volcanic activity, tornados and hurricanes. [There does seem to be an increase the last few years]

Really? Theres an increase in the last few years? Could have fooled me.

You can choose to believe this or not- its up to you, but in the end, you will be faced with a very real choice- whether or not Jesus is your Lord and that will determine where you spend eternity.

:rolleyes: If you say so. Oh, I better start repenting now, I'm so afraid.

It is absolutely true beyond a doubt.

Evidence?

They're already decoding actual video of people's memories right now.

That sounds interesting. Do you have a link to that article?

I either saw the article on here, or slashdot.org, or engadget.com, I'm looking for it now.

Here you go, found it reprinted on sciencedaily: http://www.scienceda...91215202322.htm

That has nothing to do with what you said. It has nothing to do with "decoding video of peoples memories".

That has nothing to do with what you said. It has nothing to do with "decoding video of peoples memories".

Meh, probly wrong article then. The one I read said they have video, but it was slightly blurred, they supposed it was because the test subject's recollection of what he was viewing at the time wasn't precise...if you think about it, no human's ever really is down to the exact detail. I remember reading in it that a program was designed to analyze the brain's signals, then translate them to viewable data. Sorry, it's been at least 6 months + since I read it. I'll look around some more though.

Edited by SpiderCyde

You unbelievers are bafoons. How can you go into a man's near death experience and prove that it is false. If the man is an atheist and believes in nothing then how could he have possibly come up with a story like that. Atheist believe in absolutely nothing. Atheist do not believe in life after death or God or anything of that sort. Being attacked in darkness ,seeing a light, being thought things by the light beings and then being brought back to earth/life again. If Storm is an atheist how could his brain possibly create such a fascinating story. Did he read of this happening somewhere? How can a atheist create such a fascinating story of being in darkness and then entering the light, when atheist don't believe in anything. How can Storm's brain create a near death experience that matches with many peoples near death experiences around the world. People that he never knew or never heard of...

You unbelievers are bafoons.

Well, if we're going to play that game, you believers are naive.

How can you go into a man's near death experience and prove that it is false.

You cant. Just as you cant prove that my NDE involving the FSM is false.

If the man is an atheist and believes in nothing then how could he have possibly come up with a story like that. Atheist believe in absolutely nothing. Atheist do not believe in life after death or God or anything of that sort. Being attacked in darkness ,seeing a light, being thought things by the light beings and then being brought back to earth/life again. If Storm is an atheist how could his brain possibly create such a fascinating story.

I dont believe in that mercury guy from Terminator, but I once had a dream involving him... Obviously my brain could create it.

NDE comes in all the different flavors. In Howard Storm's version, Jesus clearly stated that he is not 'THE GOD'. In the version of a infamous Argentinian Catholic woman, her NDE confirms that Catholic Church is the only true church, so go figure Big Chief.

Edited by ambelamba

NDE comes in all the different flavors. In Howard Storm's version, Jesus clearly stated that he is not 'THE GOD'. In the version of a infamous Argentinian Catholic woman, her NDE confirms that Catholic Church is the only true church, so go figure Big Chief.

Isn't Jesus really a doorway to God (God the Father, The Real Deal, The Main Man) and Christians are supposed to pray to God the Father by proxy of Jesus, who in turn fwd's those prayers onto the big man, right? I know Jesus is part of the trinity, but I've always wondered about people who have NDE's where they fall to the ground and immediately start worshipping Jesus when they see him. Often times, Jesus supposedly tells them to stand, interrupting their worship of Him, (at least...that's what I've read a few times with different accounts). It's complicated I guess. Ever hear anything like that before?

Edited by SpiderCyde

Isn't Jesus really a doorway to God (God the Father, The Real Deal, The Main Man) and Christians are supposed to pray to God the Father by proxy of Jesus, who in turn fwd's those prayers onto the big man, right? I know Jesus is part of the trinity, but I've always wondered about people who have NDE's where they fall to the ground and immediately start worshipping Jesus when they see him. Often times, Jesus supposedly tells them to stand, interrupting their worship of Him, (at least...that's what I've read a few times with different accounts). It's complicated I guess.

NDEs in non-Christian cultures have totally different experiences. In a case in India, a Hindu god showed up and told the dead guy that there was a 'clerical' error.

NDEs in non-Christian cultures have totally different experiences. In a case in India, a Hindu god showed up and told the dead guy that there was a 'clerical' error.

LOL...that's awesome. "Oops, sorry your dead pal, our bad."

LOL...that's awesome. "Oops, sorry your dead pal, our bad."

And Muslims with NDEs do experienced Islamic version of Paradise. But I really don't think the afterlife is user-friendly like that.

• 1 year later...

And Muslims with NDEs do experienced Islamic version of Paradise. But I really don't think the afterlife is user-friendly like that.

Hmm, this was a good one. I was just about to create a thread about Howard Storms nde but decided to search first and see if this topic was posted previously. I watched all of Storms videos on the net and believe him 100%.. His NDE is not really Bible or Christian based if you look at the whole picture. He really didn't see "Jesus Christ but a light being who he perceived to be Jesus Christ when he called on "Jesus". All religions nde's see light beings (angels of light) and perceive them to be their religious figure head. This falls in line with other NDE's

• 11 months later...

Storm's NDE is typical of the Christian oriented ones. I just emailed him in this regard to point out a notable inconsistency in his book which I am just finishing. He notes that God's love was unconditional then in the same context he starts talking about all sorts of conditions, "the choices we make in this world determine whether we are candidates for heaven or not". This contradicts the message of Jesus himself who was very clear on the meaning of unconditional. No conditions or requirements of any kind must be met for inclusion in the love of God. Everyone is included absolutely freely and without condition. Doesn't matter what you have done or not done. The stories of Jesus are clear on this- the prodigal (father did not even want any apology and shut him up for trying). Or the vineyard workers- did not matter how long or how little you put in any effort. All get the same generous reward. And all those comments about not holding any grudges, not remembering faults. Even Paul said in his love hymn (1Cor,13), love does not keep a tally of faults. Do we really think a God of love would hold himself to a lower standard than we are told to meet?

The interesting thing in all those stories told by Jesus is how good, moral, religious people with a strong sense of payback justice (good is rewarded, evil is punished), these people were so offended by the scandalous, unconditional generosity that Jesus spoke about. it really was unconditional.

So I told Howard Storm that his account reminded my very much of my Evangelical past and its numerous conditions and requirements for salvation and acceptance by God. How opposite that is to the actual reality of unconditional love. The actual message of the historical Jesus (a very different person from the Christian Christ).

He needs to revisit the historical person and soak up the wonder of real, authentic, actual unconditional. It is quite liberating. The more Christian oriented accounts of NDEs will talk about unconditional love but then undermine it with all sorts of religous conditions (faith in Jeezus, holding to Christian doctrine, and on and on). And this distorts the real meaning of unconditional love.

Wendell Krossa

• 3 months later...

Just to point out that there is no contradiction between unconditional love of Jesus Christ and people still going to hell. Unconditional love of Jesus Christ is made null and avoid if person rejects it. For example I can really like a girl and be willing to be together with her no matter what she does she can treat me really bad, cheat on me, lie, hold me in contempt, but I still love her no matter what, the only problem she could not care less for my unconditional love for her. So as they say it's not enough to receive a check for $1 million you also have to go to the bank and cash it. So if a person rejects unconditional love of Jesus Christ this person never makes use of it. So I just wanted to give an example that unconditional love and hell not necessarily mutually exclusive. Thank you.

Edited by xnighter
  • Like 1