Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A Black President for USA

Karlis

Celebratipon parties, because they like him??? :hmm:

Well that and... he WON...

You get confused alot :hmm:

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AROCES

• MasterPo

• BlindMessiah

• Mattshark

Using your logic, couldn't you make the same argument for legalizing slavery or removing black or women's right to vote?

Too bad we dont have a document we could use as a guideline in these kind of situations...

Oh Gee, now he is superman..... :blink:

He is the closest thing we will ever see to Superman in a human on this planet, honey!

Well that and... he WON...

You get confused alot :hmm:

Yeah he won.... so? What is Canda and australia so happy about that they have to party and celebrate?

Yeah he won.... so? What is Canda and australia so happy about that they have to party and celebrate?

Wow, seriously.

Do you need people to spoon feed you or what?

Use your head my friend.

He is the closest thing we will ever see to Superman in a human on this planet, honey!

Because he won the election and was a good community organizer?

The main consequence is the breaking of an implied barrier. In other words, after the Obama Presidency ends, if a black man or woman runs for President in the future, nobody will care about his race - and that's the good part. It's kind of like how nobody really gives a **** about whether or not a candidate is Catholic now after Kennedy won in 1960, even though right up to the election there were a number of protestant ministers talking about how he didn't "share their values" and the like (and the 1928 Al Smith campaign was openly accused of being servants to the Papacy).

I think Lex Luthor did that once too.

You'll appreciate it when he saves the world from global warming. :tu:

AWG is one of the biggest hoaxes of our generation, so those lines don't really appeal to me.

Wow, seriously.

Do you need people to spoon feed you or what?

Use your head my friend.

Yeah spoon feed me, what got the Canadian and Australian so excited about a President of another country who has not really done anything so far but win an election?

Obama winning would've been one of the greatest Unexplained Mysteries ever not too long ago. Wow, I cannot believe this is possible in a country that has been based on keeping Blacks down for so long! He's also the most attractive President ever. :wub:

Yeah spoon feed me, what got the Canadian and Australian so excited about a President of another country who has not really done anything so far but win an election?

You do know that who leads YOUR country effects people all over the globe. As your closet trading partners we have a stake in your election too...

Hey, to be so unknown (to most of America) and new to the scene, raise that much money, dodge all that McCain mudslinging, and still come out clean, calm, and collected? If the cape fits.

You do know that who leads YOUR country effects people all over the globe. As your closet trading partners we have a stake in your election too...

Yeah, so what has he done so far other than win the election?

Hey, to be so unknown (to most of America) and new to the scene, raise that much money, dodge all that McCain mudslinging, and still come out clean, calm, and collected? If the cape fits.

You can say that to all the Presidents, for it's a long hard road.

You can say that to all the Presidents, for it's a long hard road.

Even the ones who rode on daddy's coattails?

I am a White 22 year old American, seeing Barrack Obama win the Presidency seriously brought tears to my eyes and made me choke up, I love watching history unfold. For the first time in American history we now have a African-American president. I am so excited but frightening worried about him. I worry that there will be people out to kill him just because the color of his skin, we are supposed to be a FREE NATION and yet we still have predjuice!? It is 2008 not 1800's. This saddens me that people could still be like this. Look past the skin color and get to the facts, then and only then can we truly appreciate how much of a blessing this man is for not only America, but for the World. He is going to bring peace to many here and abroad, he is this nations new JFK. I cannot wait until January 20th for this man, our President and new leader to take office.

So he won, the USA's first black president, what does this mean for the USA and the world? Is he going to be a wolf in sheeps clothing.

For one thing, Obama is very "charismatic". In our News, there was a report of loud jubilation by university students, not only Australian, but of other nationalities.

Why is it so? :huh:

Kind regards,

Karlis

The figure of the black man is the source of our collective American conscience.

Tonight I watched the results come in at a crowded and high-energy party of Obamists. I did not vote for this man (don't worry I CERTAINLY DID NOT vote for McCain) and was the odd-man out in the crowd. As it was ultimately called for Senator Obama the momentous nature of this washed over me. Though I knew it would probably be him for some time, when it actually happened it was somewhat numbing. By virtue of simply living we are all constant witnesses to history yet at times like these it is so manifest that this day is like no other that it is overwhelming. I was frozen for a time.

The United States HAS A BLACK PRESIDENT!!!!

People wept around around me, and while not an Obamist myself there was a strange feeling historical justice and closure. I like this feeling. We've all been brought up by schools and parents to believe in the PC all inclusive equal and not racist nature of our society and polity. "We're all the same" always seemed like cheap and sometimes insulting lip service to the principle in the face of endemic and racist poverty and iniquity. New York is a very black city; all my life I never felt racist but tonight every time I saw a black person -something was definitely different. We've lied to ourselves about our "equality" for so long that I'd incorporated the farce into my understanding. The black man, perpetually and injustly the victim of our society, and consequntly source of our collective American conscience, guilt and spirit. Today...we ARE the same. Thats real now, and so much seems possible...

I feel more autonomous in a way, my conscience free of the black man as trope and reminder for a rather condescending humility and fraternity. What a symbol. Vindication.

Its true what some say -the future belongs to what he represents: a multi-racial, integrated world. Andrew Jacksons and George Washingtons, John McCains are our past. The future is brown. Voting Obama is voting with the inexorable flow of history. The world wanted and expected this of us. I for one will chuckle when its Dehli telling London to go to hell (sooner than you think)

Yet he's still a politician. He's still a politician. I'm not one to lose myself in the mindless euphoria of the moment. I'm not unhappy he won, I'm certainly glad the republican didnt, but I am ultimately highly suspicious of anyone that plays on my emotions so viscerally. I like to think I make my decisions by an appeal to intellect and reason, not the force of my emotional disenfranchisement, disillusion and alienation of eight years. This brought us all out in droves of course.

The streets of Manhattan were raucous in some parts, people out in crowds banging pots and cheering, screaming catharsis after a year of tense politiking and a beleaguering EIGHT YEARS. Despite this I dont surrender my cynicism; I'm suspicious of populist leaders with mandates, people that talk about great changes. Yes we need change but history has taught us to be wary of men who draw screaming crowds (how fitting he did so even in Berlin of all places)

I won't let my guard down, neither should you.

People intoxicated with a sense of belonging, power through association came up to me screaming "OBAMAAAAAAA YEAAAAAAH!!!!!"

I yelled back at them:

"WE'LL SEEE!! WE'LL SEE!!!"

I reserve judgement on this one. He called out all us cynics in his acceptance speach. Some months from now, perhaps a year, I genuinly, truly hope I have to eat my words...

So he won, the USA's first black president, what does this mean for the USA and the world? Is he going to be a wolf in sheeps clothing.

The wolf is not President anymore,right Mr Bush??

There are people who make me sick,because they use the skin color as an excuse of how bad the future will be,and bla bla bla,....

I think people are so fanatic with american presidencials,geee it just a young politic man with liberal ideas and that was chosen to be President,whats de problem? you had worse than him and dealed with it.

I think America needed this guy,many countries need young people who doesnt have afraid of evolution.

Edited by Endymion