Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US Marines Armed With 'Secret Scream' Gun

UM-Bot

news iconUS troops are to be armed with a stun gun that uses a baby's high-pitched scream to bring the enemy to its knees. The gun, which will be issued to marines in Iraq this month, fires "sonic bullets" that can be targeted like a torch beam.

Anyone hit with a full blast would suffer excruciating pain, permanent deafness and some form of cellular damage.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: femail.co.uk

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tat2 netty

• UM-Bot

• joc

• Diebytheflyguy

Top Posters In This Topic

huh.gif did the U.S not do some tests like that back in the 60's and the outcome

was far worse than expected?not just were people left deaf,in the following years

crops in those areas weren't growing but was there not some evidence that it could cause infertility?OR IS THAT JUST ANOTHER CALCULATED RISK?

Wow!! This could be huge. Imagine further perfection of the product that could be fired from a drone plane disabling entire divisions of infantry!

This also may be the forerunner to something like a photon weapon. Imagine a laser fired at the same time as the sound blast, the laser being 'echoed' thru the sound blast?

OMG! That's awesome! (Wonders where he could buy one) tongue.gif

yes yes just what we need Joc

is that what you need..?? ohmy.gif

i thought that what we all need here is PEACE...!!?

ohmy.gifohmy.gif

i·ro·ny ( P ) Pronunciation Key (r-n, r-)

n. pl. i·ro·nies

The use of words to express something different from and often opposite to their literal meaning.

An expression or utterance marked by a deliberate contrast between apparent and intended meaning.

A literary style employing such contrasts for humorous or rhetorical effect. See Synonyms at wit1.

Pah! rolleyes.gif Us mothers have withstood alot more than that!

Usually at 3am accompanied by stinky nappie. grin2.gif

thats kinda scary...imagine if they use it on us! their own people! ohmy.gif

if kerry wins thats whatll happen!!! lol j/k laugh.gif

Next they'll have weapons that fire stinky nappies. That'll put entire armies to their knees. They may be trained to kill but i bet they have no chance against changing a nappie tongue.gif

I can see breaking up a riot, but permanant deafness? NOT COOL.

REALLY NOT COOL. I could see it being used at 90-100 decibels (or whatever the range is for pain WITHOUT causing deafness). mad.gif

Edited by saidanddone

I can see breaking up a riot, but permanant deafness? NOT COOL.

REALLY NOT COOL. I could see it being used at 90-100 decibels (or whatever the range is for pain WITHOUT causing deafness). mad.gif

A part of the article states exactly: "The gun, which will be issued to marines in Iraq this month, fires "sonic bullets" that can be targeted like a torch beam. Anyone hit with a full blast would suffer excruciating pain, permanent deafness and some form of cellular damage. A prolonged blast could kill."

Why would you not use this for permanant defence? Its similar to the rubber bullets that can be fired by police officers... Its use it to make people completly incapable of doing anything by lay on the ground... now you tell me if this isnt good enough? We dont need to kill someone to make them incapable of attacking us... If you got hit by one of these im 100% sure that you, or everyone else would not get up to attack again... For permanant defence this is a great weapon to use... And if for some reason it does not keep a person down and out, it can also kill someone (since that is what a good defence is to you) This weapon is just like hog tieing someone... It makes them incapable of doing anything.