Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Negative Thinking is NOT Critical Thinking

coberst

Negative Thinking is NOT Critical Thinking

Negative thinking often displays itself in ad hominem attacks. Often a forum has one or more individuals who have grown to think of themselves as the local ‘shaman’; these individuals try all kinds of ways to reject others who they fear will take away some of their ‘power’, so they use all forms of negative attacks to reject that new person.

I have seen instances of individuals who are very anti-intellectual devise means for rejecting any form of ideas that appear to be intellectual.

Ideologues are always fighting against other ideologues and they use every means to reject non-conforming ideas. I see that especially in anti-theism ideologues. I had one instance of an individual rejecting the works of Becker because Becker uses the word "faith", such a word was like the appearance of a snake under the bed.

We are indoctrinated in our ideologies and we are constantly fighting either for ours or against another, this leads to various techniques to throw off any invading new ideas. Also I am convinced that our schools and colleges have made people unconsciously fearful of any serious concepts that have not been introduced to them by a teacher. Self-learning is unconsciously an alien concept.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• crystal sage

• coberst

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

;) I feel I seem to come across as quite negative in many of my posts... but seem to rebel against 'spoon fed accepted reality'.. I consequently get attacked by many who have the safety of their linear empirical based proofs... but if you put their empirical proofs ... assumptions of reality in the sudoko matrix of life... they don't fit...

As I am the type who seems to see ... or thrills.. in the symbolic. physical...connections.. in life... as with the laws of 'cause and effect' every thing should in some way be connected... but if you try and delve in further... try and connect these empirical facts/ideas... scientific reasonings to the other accepted various facts/ideas/ reasonings.... or other incidents in nature... in history... occurances....they just don't add up when you try and attach..connect.. these accepted realities !!!

linked-image

I mentally ask new questions..look up new possible assumptions.. scenarios....that would connect these into our matrix of life...that would make more sense...

(picture a puzzle where you get a few random letters.. and a lot of blank spaces.. you have to find.... guess... rationalize.. the right letters. ..that will make up logical ..the missing sentence... ) I investigate further... .. and found that others too have come up with similar conclusions... or train of thoughts that support my hunches....

I try and share these findings...

Try and point these inconsistencies out to others.. with references to other studies.. other possibilities...how these ideas all connect with one another... and only get constantly get told off for being off topic... derailing the threads...spaming...

It is very frustrating...

I know with our education system we are all taught the basic information... much of the same information that has been around for decades...(my kids work on science books and other reference books that are decades old..even though we pay a fortune to give them an A grade education) so that I gather... all future students can communicate with the 'Peers' the old students from the 'same' basis of reality..

If you think of how our views of reality are constantly being fed from all fronts.. all over the world...almost daily with new discoveries/findings.. that often parallel.. or change.. previous held concepts .. even history is being changed or needs to be reviewed/revised.. with the discovery... of new information.. the appearance of old/lost .. forgotten documents.. archaeological findings......

But what happens to them...?

linked-image

Do they get challenged/reviewed by the Peers... the scholars?... or are they put aside in the numerous 'too hard baskets of anomalies and other random findings' but could be vital to our concept of approved reality

Just think of all these anomalous facts.. articles.. lost in basements of Universities.. Museum.. art collections.. the Vatican.. Warehouses... all over the world...that may just put a new slant to what is real... make more sense..

I have even been told off by moderators for daring to match.. post the idea of 'spirit' and 'extra terrestrials' in the UFO or ET forums...as they do not belong together...

linked-image

Yet many have seen a connection between the two... Note the idea of channeling spirit...who often insist they are beings from other worlds..planets.. Note Guardian spirits.. spirit that assist 'Healers' often insist they are from other worlds... possessions... reincarnation where they talk about past lives in other worlds...

Biblical Angels being from other worlds.. for the stars.. the heavens....

The Vatican is even coming clean with the connection.wondering how they are going to explain this to their congregations..... and wondering if they can baptize them..

linked-image

If we continue to separate facts... knowledge.. in their own little jealous boxes of reality... we are going to be deprived of lots of understandings...lots of information .. lots of affirming connections... vital information that would assist further discoveries of the true beauty of this magnificent world... reality...