Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Spy' used voodoo to shield general from Taliban

UM-Bot

news icon rA british army translator accused of spying for Iran was a voodoo priest who used black magic to protect the commander of NATO forces in Afghanistan from the Taliban, a court heard.

Iranian-born Daniel James, 45, who was the personal interpreter to General David Richards, told the Old Bailey that he used pictures, dust, candles and seashells to cast spells protect his boss.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: The Telegraph

Wow. What this guy doesn't know about real Vodou.

Wonder how many times he watched 'The Believers', the 'Chucky' movies and "Serpent & the Rainbow' before he considered himself a priest.

Interesting fella, he does remind me a bit of Lt. Col. Michael Aquino who was one of the original members of the church of Satan until he split with Anton Lavey and formed the Temple of Set. Though Lt. Col. Michael Aquino has actual credentials in the left hand path (not just a video watcher). So it doesn't surprise me much to see someone in the military who doesn't have traditional christian beliefs. Well I guess I kinda drifted left field of the subject. I personally don't know much about Vodoun so I don't know how valid this guys claims are as to being a high ranking priest but it's possible.

Edited by newbloodmoon

I can see this… I use voodoo all the time at my job…. Whenever someone calls me saying there computer is not working I get out the staff with the shrunken heads on it and dance around there computer a few hours… OK sooooo it does not fix their computer but they do not call me any more… Muhahahaha…

If you want to protect yourself from the Taliban, get a vest made out of bacon!

• Like 2

If you want to protect yourself from the Taliban, get a vest made out of bacon!

and a sausage patty helmet?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...