Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Go in a Someone Else's Body in Astral Travel.

mcmsinger

Lastly guys, no "claims" are being made. lol

I myself am unsure...no claims!

You're not making claims. Others are, though.

...But there's no reputable research on astral travel in the first place. No documentation by reputable scholars. Only cheerful acceptance by people who have had experiences which could almost all [if not all] have mundane explanations.

Don't get me wrong, I can see where you're coming from. I've had several OBEs myself. I just see no reason whatsoever to think any of them were astral travel, as opposed to, you know, daydreaming.

Of course it would be intrusive. But that has nothing to do with it. Again, why should any more credence be given to the claim that it's impossible to take over someone's body through astral travel than to the claim that it is very possible to take over someone's body through astral travel?

TOWI:

I know you asked me this question earlier, and I believe when I answered I did not understand what you are saying. Now that this posting is more clear to me, I perceive you as saying that since astral projection has no valid research behind it, neither idea, if you will, regarding astral projection holds more weight than the other. If we are talking about research on astral projection only, of course not. However, outside of research, there are things that are based on common sense and physical impossibilities. I am at the place where someone would have to prove to me that they could go into someone else's body and astral project. I still ask, what's the use? It all does not make sense to me.

I really appreciate your viewpoint.

Srghostgirl,

The way you write proves that your unsure of what this whole thread is about.

First you imply that I'm talking about remote viewing.

Then later you ask if I'm talking about remote viewing.

Then I say that I never talked about remote viewing. And then you get mad and say that you asked me. You implied something which is completely off topic of this thread.

Please, think before posting.

________________________________________________________________________________

Lastly guys, no "claims" are being made. lol

I myself am unsure...no claims!

Whoah, I jsut got dizzy from this posting.......:):):D

Yes, I made a mistake in referring to remote viewing in my last post. Oh well, in a hurry and mistakes happen.

Some interesting and

tangentially relevant material:

Probably a charlatan (although never proved so) author Lobsang Rampa insisted throughout his life that

he was actually a Tibetan Trong-Jug practitioner who had taken over the body of a middle-aged

Englishman.

Rampa's authenticity and other literature (predominantly Indo-Tibetan) pertaining to this esoteric

practice receive quite a bit of academic treatment at various points in Dan's ultra-scholarly

blog, where he prefers the transliteration "Drongjug" :

http://tibeto-logic.blogspot.com/2007/02/l...d-to-think.html

One of Dan's erudite correspondents notes that the Hindu Tantric literature is fully acquainted with

the practice, generally referring to it as "Parapurapraveśa."

Edited by Paimon

Whoah, I jsut got dizzy from this posting.......:):):D

Yes, I made a mistake in referring to remote viewing in my last post. Oh well, in a hurry and mistakes happen.

okay...

Guess you were just in a hurry.

astral travel is physically impossible.

Astral Projection is anything but physical.

Astral Projection is anything but physical.

Oh, I definitely agree- astral projection is purely spiritual. Thus, while I respect the original poster's theories and idea of going into another body to astral project, I believe that the AP experience is personal to each of us.

Edited by SRGhostgirl

I have not had the time to read through all the replies, but I will address the original posters first post.

For me it seems rather absurd to even consider doing something like this. Yes, it is possible, I have done it to some degree at several occasions myself, but never on purpose. Did you consider your karmic debts for doing something like this?

What you would have to do is basically murder another person. You have to free him/her for the astral bodies it has, including the fixed etheric body which may be called the soul and is the part that never leaves the physical body even when astral projecting. This can only be done though death.

Also, then your own physical body would have to die as that's what happens when you move your own etheric body out of it, or to put it better, the etheric body can only be moved once the physical body is dead. Another option is that your physical body will be left in a coma with only the etheric body left and all other astral bodies and your mind and consciousness exited and out into this other persons body. I believe you would then have to still let the other people alive as you would have to connect to that persons etheric body to be able to control his physical body.

This means that if you let the etheric bodies alive, but get the rest out so to speak, you may end up in a rather messy situation. Think about psychological diseases like insanity, split personalities, schizophrenia etc. This is often the cause of several "souls" inhabiting the same body. Possession basically. And they fight about the power and there is a lot of confusion.

So basically you have to either kill both yourself and the other person and transfer your whole spiritual self and consciousness including your etheric body into the other persons empty shell (physical body without any lifeforce or astral bodies left) or you would have to take control and posess the other person while he is still alive and try to be the strongest and keep the control.

This leaves you with many risks . 1- you go wrong and die. 2 - you go wrong and make the other person die. 3- you go wrong and both of you die. 4- you go wrong and end up insane and stuck in a body with several souls. 5. you go wrong and make the other person insane from the extreme experience even though you end up in your own body again.

If you succeed you're still left up against the divine laws and karmic bands you create from a cruel action like this. I would strongly discourage you from even trying something like this.

The only way I could say it would be ok is if BOTH you and the other person wanted to do this and have agreed to try it out. That still would leave most of the risks mentioned there. It would be extremely difficult as well, and both would have to be very good with astral projection etc.

Sounds like you want to do this because you are not satisfied with your current life and want to take someones elses life to get things changed. I'd say change yourself instead, its both easier , more efficient, safer and good.

-EA

I have not had the time to read through all the replies, but I will address the original posters first post.

For me it seems rather absurd to even consider doing something like this. Yes, it is possible, I have done it to some degree at several occasions myself, but never on purpose. Did you consider your karmic debts for doing something like this?

What you would have to do is basically murder another person. You have to free him/her for the astral bodies it has, including the fixed etheric body which may be called the soul and is the part that never leaves the physical body even when astral projecting. This can only be done though death.

DB:

Are you saying you astral traveled from someone else's body on several occasions, though not on purpose? In the next sentence you say you would have to murder someone to astral travel from their body. I don't believe it can be done at all (as you have read :) :)), but I certainly would like to hear more about your experience.

...What you would have to do is basically murder another person. You have to free him/her for the astral bodies it has, including the fixed etheric body which may be called the soul and is the part that never leaves the physical body even when astral projecting. This can only be done though death...So basically you have to either kill both yourself and the other person and transfer your whole spiritual self and consciousness including your etheric body into the other persons empty shell (physical body without any lifeforce or astral bodies left) or you would have to take control and posess the other person while he is still alive and try to be the strongest and keep the control...

Yes, precisely! But I'm afraid that counseling traditional ethics to the few who possess this art is like

telling Tony Soprano he'd be better off running a hot-dog stand. Trong-jug practitioners consider

themselves an important spiritual elite, whose power frees them from the restrictions

of conventional morality.

TOWI:

I know you asked me this question earlier, and I believe when I answered I did not understand what you are saying. Now that this posting is more clear to me, I perceive you as saying that since astral projection has no valid research behind it, neither idea, if you will, regarding astral projection holds more weight than the other.

Yep, that's it.

If we are talking about research on astral projection only, of course not. However, outside of research, there are things that are based on common sense and physical impossibilities.

Well, for me, common sense would dictate that if I could leave my body, I should be able to enter someone else's.

Though, scientifically, and leaving the spiritual completely out of it, I doubt the thought patterns would match up with the new body's brain. But astral travel tends to be taken as spiritual, so...

I am at the place where someone would have to prove to me that they could go into someone else's body and astral project. I still ask, what's the use? It all does not make sense to me.

Whereas I'm at the place where someone would have to prove to me that they could astral project. This should actually be far easier than proving some kind of possession.

I really appreciate your viewpoint.

I appreciate yours too. :tu:

Yes I'm saying that at several occasions I've astral projected into other peoples bodies without the intention of doing so. After some research, experimentation and higher guidance I figured out the meaning behind those experiences though and how and why it occured, I've detailed this in my posts on the topic here: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...howtopic=133042

For the type of Body Swap the original poster is interesting in, he wants his physical body to die as far I've understood and leave it permanently in favor of someone elses body. This means that the other person would have to physically die, and thus reject its spirit in all forms, for the other person to enter his body and gain complete permanent control.

In my case, I only took over for shorter periods of time, and had to fight hard to keep in those bodies. This is because their bodies still had their etheric bodies and the astral body was only temporarily out while I was inside them.

And yes it can be done, I've personally experienced it and had it verified with other people.

Best wishes

-EA

DB:

Are you saying you astral traveled from someone else's body on several occasions, though not on purpose? In the next sentence you say you would have to murder someone to astral travel from their body. I don't believe it can be done at all (as you have read :) :)), but I certainly would like to hear more about your experience.

Yes I'm saying that at several occasions I've astral projected into other peoples bodies without the intention of doing so. After some research, experimentation and higher guidance I figured out the meaning behind those experiences though and how and why it occured, I've detailed this in my posts on the topic here: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...howtopic=133042

For the type of Body Swap the original poster is interesting in, he wants his physical body to die as far I've understood and leave it permanently in favor of someone elses body. This means that the other person would have to physically die, and thus reject its spirit in all forms, for the other person to enter his body and gain complete permanent control.

In my case, I only took over for shorter periods of time, and had to fight hard to keep in those bodies. This is because their bodies still had their etheric bodies and the astral body was only temporarily out while I was inside them.

And yes it can be done, I've personally experienced it and had it verified with other people.

Best wishes

-EA

Isn't your post mildly self-contradictory?

Edited for accidental italics.

Edited by The One Who Is

No, why would it be?

Just because I didn't enter their bodies by intention doesn't mean I did not try to stay in those bodies with intention.

-EA

Isn't your post mildly self-contradictory?

Edited for accidental italics.

Just some additional information on the Trong-Jug practice:

Hindu Tantrics most often refer to this as "Parakāyāpraveśa." Probably the most famous

account of it in mainstream Hindu literature involves Sankara's utilization of the art

to gain experiences forbidden to those who - like himself - had taken monastic

vows.

Thus, it is apparent that this technique has long been acknowledged and (secretly)

practiced in Asia for many centuries.

Darkbreed,

Thanks for answering my questions. Appreciate it.

About trong-jug well you could find out that knowledge in AP.

But you'd have to give it time and practice.

No, why would it be?

Just because I didn't enter their bodies by intention doesn't mean I did not try to stay in those bodies with intention.

-EA

:lol:

I was hoping you'd say that. That must have been fun.

Sounds interesting even though I am a bit skeptical of astral projection and OBEs.

Off Topic:

I'm going to travel back in time and found out how this is done. pretty cool, right?

WHAT?

You can travel back in time, travel in the future and look these things up.

Easy.

HOW?

And can you please prove this?

Edited by Psikillion

I understand a skeptic's point of veiw, and I know it's not easy to soften up to, but just think in a believer's eyes...

Astral Projection is claimed with similar symtoms and stories by thousands and thousands of people worldwide. There is no psyical law of nature that says it is impossible. Simply trying it yourself or looking into it a little more can help you stumble upon interesting facts and stories. Just because its different doesn't mean it's impossible.

IFor me it seems rather absurd to even consider doing something like this. Yes, it is possible, I have done it to some degree at several occasions myself, but never on purpose.

This is what happened to me....I was having my first full-blown spontaneous lucid dream...flying around

thinking 'wow...I'm in a dream and I know I am....etc'....to cut a long lucid dream short...at some point

everything suddenly went dark...and I felt very afraid. Then it went light again...and I was in someone elses

body.

The person I was 'in' was (I gathered) a patient in hospital. A mental/psychiatric hospital...(no jokes at my

expense please... :) )

'I' (they?) was going a bit crazy....careering around, flipping out a bit...the nurses were holding me/them.

I was looking deeply into the eyes of one nurse...saying.."I'm not who you think I am...You're not looking at the

person you think you are...I am asleep and this is a dream...I am asleep and this is a dream..."

Another, more senior nurse, held my/their arm and injected a strong drug of some kind into my/their hand.

I felt the sharp pain of the needle going in...then kind of went all woozy...and blacked out.

Woke up......pretty shook up.

I wonder if people who are having psychiatric problems or having lots of legal (maybe illegal, as well?) drugs...

are kind of vunerable to being 'possessed' even accidently?

I certainly wouldn't do this kind of thing on purpose...it just kind of happened....and I hope it never happens again.

I understand a skeptic's point of veiw, and I know it's not easy to soften up to, but just think in a believer's eyes...

Astral Projection is claimed with similar symtoms and stories by thousands and thousands of people worldwide. There is no psyical law of nature that says it is impossible. Simply trying it yourself or looking into it a little more can help you stumble upon interesting facts and stories. Just because its different doesn't mean it's impossible.

I would try it out if I had the time, but unfortunately I do not at the moment. I have tried other psionic abilities too.

Whatever I try out usually works except I usually get busy with other things and tend to forget.

Well it's possible.

Including the body swapping/possession.

Just try it if you find time.

And what about the questions I posed to you before?

When I responded to the skeptic, I spoke of AP in general.

Body Swapping, however. Seems impossible. Here's my theory. You and your pysical body are bound by electromagnetic means, plus, there is still a large majority of energy in your pysical body. Your Astral body has very little energy. The only way one astral being could enter another's phyical body is if the traveller had broken the bond between their physical body and their spirit (which has proved impossible so far), and enter a body that has little to no energy and electromagnetism to defend itself from being inhabited.

I just don't see it happening. Even if you think you did, it may have been imaginary on the astral plane.

I think people are confused about what I am confused over...

@ansub

You said that you can travel through time, so how do you do it (detailed explanation) and can you please prove that you can do this?

• The topic was locked