Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Random Vibrations in bed

Resonance

I felt my bed do this the other night as well. But I am convinced it was my body vibrating because of so much activity that was running in my head during my sleep. I don't know if I was alseep or awake but it felt real and I could not move while I felt these small vibration all over me. It was a negative feeling though a feeling of no control. I don't understand it either but it might be internal energy we all have reacting for some reason. Hope everything goes okay brother.

Edited by Lightshine

• 2 weeks later...
Okay, this may sound far fetched, but here goes. Sometimes when i'm going to sleep, my girlfriend and I will be laying in bed, and the bed will start to vibrate. Not like, "OMG WTF! IT's SHAKING!"... But, it's almost like a cell phone vibrate, except it's the whole bed. My bed is a normal spring queen size mattress, with evertyhing a normal bed has. Nothing special at all. Just sometimes, i'll be laying there with my eyes open, or even closed, and the bed will vibrate for about 5 seconds, and then stop! Nothing around my bed is electronic, other than alarm clock, and it's on the night stand.

I figured i'd just post this, in a change to maybe get some input. I think maybe, ( i haven't done any research at all on AP, but i think it might be Astral Projection). I know that i've been able to concentrate hard enough to project my thoughts to wherever i want, and see and feel and hear things (Who knows if they're just in my head though). But, it's a weird experience.

We'll lay there, and sometimes even 3 times throughout the night, the bed with just vibrate. For no reason!

Any ideas guys?

its happened to me but it was much stronger than a cell phone vibration, after i went does stairs nd asked ma mum n dad if there have been a tremor n they go no y it weird

• 3 months later...

Just like 3 months ago my bed started vibrating I felt it on my feet firts I figured it was poor blood circulation cause of the running and lifting I do during the day. But I couldn't figure it out I had this bed for a long time this just started happening 3 months ago. But then one night I was awaken by a hard vibration on my upper body it freak me out bad. What causes this?

Just like 3 months ago my bed started vibrating I felt it on my feet firts I figured it was poor blood circulation cause of the running and lifting I do during the day. But I couldn't figure it out I had this bed for a long time this just started happening 3 months ago. But then one night I was awaken by a hard vibration on my upper body it freak me out bad. What causes this?

There's been a couple good explanations, yet none of them fit my situation. I honestly couldn't tell you what causes it, but my best guess would have to be closer to sleep paralysis and the sensations often felt when at a deep relaxed state.

Still, none of that fits me, because I'm wide awake when it happens.... so, the world may never know. :)

If I come across anything or hear anything, I'll keep you guys informed.

Thanks for the stories and help!

Edited by Resonance

Wow, just found this thread. The same thing happens to me. Also it happened where I used to live. When it started at my old house I assumed either I was just kind of imaging it or it had something to do with the house like plumbing or some other movement. Then we moved into our new house and I feel it every now and then. Not always but if I lie real still it seems to happen. Again making me think I'm just over sensitive to normal movement.

The vibration seems VERY slight, almost non-measurable but it is there. With me I can only feel it when I lie completely still. I just assumed it was always there and I could only feel it when I would lie very still and actually "look" for it to happen. Others should try this to see if it is just some sort of perception you get when you are in the lying position.

Edited by drpaxton

succubi or succubus.

does your girlfriend get a lil gassy at night? :P

No, but your was over last night... And daaaamn... what do you feed that girl?!

• 2 months later...

hi i just wondered if you have had what they call (exploding head ) this is were you get a loud bang and or a flash of white light with like a electric jolt feel .and did you get like a humming noise while you felt the vibration ? it happens to me but this one time when i just went with the flow it ended up with me shaking so violently and the noise got so loud that it scared the **** outa me and i shouted stop .iv never since went with the flow lol...but after seeing your post i might just need to control my fear

Wow, just found this thread. The same thing happens to me. Also it happened where I used to live. When it started at my old house I assumed either I was just kind of imaging it or it had something to do with the house like plumbing or some other movement. Then we moved into our new house and I feel it every now and then. Not always but if I lie real still it seems to happen. Again making me think I'm just over sensitive to normal movement.

The vibration seems VERY slight, almost non-measurable but it is there. With me I can only feel it when I lie completely still. I just assumed it was always there and I could only feel it when I would lie very still and actually "look" for it to happen. Others should try this to see if it is just some sort of perception you get when you are in the lying position.

It's not an easy subject to nail down. I experience this feeling the same way, it seems. I tried it intentionally one night after viewing lucid dream techniques described online (youtube I think). They say to ask yourself: "am I awake or am I asleep?" repeatedly while maintaining a sense of focused awareness of any change in perception, which would signal the bodies shift into dream. You are to expect a physical sensation, a vibration, sinking or shift, explained as the bodies natural paralysis kicking in to keep you from acting out your dream scenarios. This, I believe, is the feeling we are experiencing. I felt a slight full vibration for one or two seconds, found the feeling remarkable because I expected it but was surprised to be able to (seemingly) have some control. Again I focused and found a kind of simultaneous lifting and sinking for a brief second then actually drifted off, (didn't successfully dream with lucidity though, lol).

Excerpt from: In Bootzen, R. R., Kihlstrom, J.F. & Schacter, D.L., (Eds.) Sleep and Cognition. Washington, D.C.: American Psychological Association, 1990 (pp. 109-126). [source: The Lucidity Institute] Lucid Dreaming: Psychophysiological Studies of Consciousness during REM Sleep

by Stephen LaBerge, Ph.D.

Implications for Research on Sleep and Cognition

The fact of lucid dreaming presents conceptual difficulties for certain traditional beliefs about "sleep" and presumed limitations of dream mentation. In a certain sense, the anomalous appearance of lucid dreaming parallels that of the state that has been called "paradoxical sleep." The discovery of REM sleep required the expansion of our concept of sleep. The evidence associating lucid dreaming with REM sleep reviewed above would seem to require a similar expansion of our concept of dreaming, and a clarification of our concept of sleep.

Fenwick et al. (1984) showed that a subject was able to perceive and respond to environmental stimuli (electrical shocks) without awakening from his lucid dream. This result raises a theoretical issue: if we take perception of the external world to be the essential criterion for wakefulness (LaBerge et al., 1981a; see above) then it would seem that Worsley must have been at least partially awake. On the other hand, when environmental stimuli are incorporated into dreams without producing any subjective or physiological indications of arousal, it appears reasonable to speak of the perception as having occurred during sleep.

Furthermore, it may be possible, as LaBerge (1980c) has suggested, for one sense to remain functional and 'awake' while others fall 'asleep.' Similarly, Antrobus, Antrobus and Fisher (1965) argued "...that the question -- awake or asleep -- is not a particularly useful one. Even though we have two discrete words -- sleep and wakefulness -- this does not mean that the behavior associated with the words can be forced into two discrete categories. ... not only do sleeping and waking shade gradually into one another but there is only limited agreement among the various physiological and subjective operations that discriminate between sleeping and waking. At any given moment, all systems of the organism are not necessarily equally asleep or awake." (pp. 398-399)

As long as we continue to consider wakefulness and sleep as a simple dichotomy, we will lie in a Procrustean bed that is bound at times to be most uncomfortable. There must be degrees of being awake just as there are degrees of being asleep (i.e. the conventional sleep stages). Before finding our way out of this muddle, we will probably need to characterize a wider variety of states of consciousness than those few currently distinguished (e.g. 'dreaming,' 'sleeping,' 'waking,' and so on).

Edited by HDesiato

• 2 weeks later...

whoa nice post, HDesiato.

I think you just helped me know what I need to do to stop being trapped in-between sleep and wakefullness.

thanks a lot.

I also agree with what you said about the vibrations "of the bed."

-Muddy

whoa nice post, HDesiato.

I think you just helped me know what I need to do to stop being trapped in-between sleep and wakefullness.

thanks a lot.

I also agree with what you said about the vibrations "of the bed."

-Muddy

Hope it helps.

• 2 years later...

Hi there, the only reason I went on this site is because I was searching for what has been going on to me for the past couple months. What you explain throughout your threads has started to happen to me as well. But for me it’s when I'm almost asleep or maybe already sleeping, I'm not 100% sure. The vibration pulls me right out of my sleep. It usually happens to me when my mind is racing or if I have a lot on my mind. My wife is always sound asleep beside me when it happens. She has not felt the bed move; I brought it up the first night because it freaked me out. She thought I was imagining it... I found that if I read a lot before I go to bed and totally exhaust myself I can fall asleep before it happens. If it is keeping me up late at night I will take a sleeping pill I use for when I travel and it will knock me right out. I work away a month at a time and when I'm at work it never happens. It's a full body sort of vibration, and I can feel myself being pulled out of my sleep and then it just lingers for 4-5 seconds then it’s gone. But after it’s done, I'm wide awake. For a while I thought it was just because I was over tired and I'd kind of just let it happen, trying to justify it. In the past I've had no problems falling asleep. My wife use to joke that no one could fall sleep faster than me.

The thing that made me search the world machine for an answer happened to me right before I left for work this time. My mind was racing because I was heading to Russia for a month, it usually does. It happened two or 3 times even after I turned my bed side light on for the 3rd time to try and read myself into a coma. Then Turned out the light and was just drifting to sleep then I vibrated harder than normal and it startled me. I laid there starring at the dark ceiling for a bit then my 3 year old daughter who is in the next room to me, started crying and calling for mom. I went into the bedroom and she was sitting strait up in her bed staring at me. She kept saying "bad guy, bad guy, bad guy". I had never heard her say that before, I told her that there were no bad guys and told her to go back to sleep. She kind of laughed uncomfortably and then said "I think I need a treat". That is more the daughter I know, I told her it was the middle of the night and she needed to go to sleep. I think she was sleeping 15 seconds later. I know toddlers sleep patterns are not the greatest at time but my 8 month old son can be screaming at the top of his lungs right next to her and she will sleep right through it. It could totally be a coincidence that this all happened at the same time but it has been weighing on my mind quite a bit.

I'm just a normal guy I'm not really into the "AP" stuff or anything like that. But it really scarred the **** out of me. As far a anything moving my bed, I'm pretty sure it would take a chainsaw idling on my bed for me to feel it. First off I can barely move the thing and secondly its one of those mattresses you can’t feel if the other person is moving (you know for married people haha). And it almost doesn’t even feel like the bed is vibrating it’s almost like it’s me vibrating in the bed, very weird feeling. If anyone can help me with this it would be greatly appreciated...

Hi I don't know if anyone gave you any serious answers I stopped reading when I realized how many people were making a jokeof your situation when you obviously came on here to get helped! What your feeling is actually quite common! Check out sleep paralysis on google or astral projection. These people also feel the vibrations. If you like send me a private MSG and I can pass you on to someone who knows exactly what your going through and should be able to help.

Hi I don't know if anyone gave you any serious answers I stopped reading when I realized how many people were making a jokeof your situation when you obviously came on here to get helped! What your feeling is actually quite common! Check out sleep paralysis on google or astral projection. These people also feel the vibrations. If you like send me a private MSG and I can pass you on to someone who knows exactly what your going through and should be able to help.

Hi I don't know if anyone gave you any serious answers I stopped reading when I realized how many people were making a jokeof your situation when you obviously came on here to get helped! What your feeling is actually quite common! Check out sleep paralysis on google or astral projection. These people also feel the vibrations. If you like send me a private MSG and I can pass you on to

someone who knows exactly what your going through and should be able to help.

Check my post on this page and my sig as well.

Seriously.

Alright, I read through this whole thread, and it's possible that it's just the blood rushing through your veins.

What time at night does it happen?

Are you wide awake when this happens?

Can you get and walk around? (When you get up remember to try to turn a light on.)

• 4 weeks later...

It is very likely to be a classified through the wall weapon.I am being targeted with this and other types of through the wall weapons . It would be used by a neighbour or from a vehicle nearby. Many thousands of people have these. They are particulaly used on T.I's (targeted individuals) of gang stalking, organised harassment and electronic harassment. These weapons are covert and are supported by governments and police all over the world. technological abled countries. They will be denied if you complain. Gang stalking is very well documented on the net. A good reference would be Eleanor White, Raven1.

Edited by tioheh

It is very likely to be a classified through the wall weapon.I am being targeted with this and other types of through the wall weapons . It would be used by a neighbour or from a vehicle nearby. Many thousands of people have these. They are particulaly used on T.I's (targeted individuals) of gang stalking, organised harassment and electronic harassment. These weapons are covert and are supported by governments and police all over the world. technological abled countries. They will be denied if you complain. Gang stalking is very well documented on the net. A good reference would be Eleanor White, Raven1.

Yikes?!?!

Okay, this may sound far fetched, but here goes. Sometimes when i'm going to sleep, my girlfriend and I will be laying in bed, and the bed will start to vibrate. Not like, "OMG WTF! IT's SHAKING!"... But, it's almost like a cell phone vibrate, except it's the whole bed. My bed is a normal spring queen size mattress, with evertyhing a normal bed has. Nothing special at all. Just sometimes, i'll be laying there with my eyes open, or even closed, and the bed will vibrate for about 5 seconds, and then stop! Nothing around my bed is electronic, other than alarm clock, and it's on the night stand.

I figured i'd just post this, in a change to maybe get some input. I think maybe, ( i haven't done any research at all on AP, but i think it might be Astral Projection). I know that i've been able to concentrate hard enough to project my thoughts to wherever i want, and see and feel and hear things (Who knows if they're just in my head though). But, it's a weird experience.

We'll lay there, and sometimes even 3 times throughout the night, the bed with just vibrate. For no reason!

Any ideas guys?

Okay I've finished wiping away the tears of laughter and got rid of smutty vibrating toy thoughts.

It sounds like your mattress or bed springs are old.