Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Random Vibrations in bed

Resonance

Okay I've finished wiping away the tears of laughter and got rid of smutty vibrating toy thoughts.

It sounds like your mattress or bed springs are old.

You are so off the mark. You should read through the thread. This is actually quit common.

• 4 months later...

It's strange, but this exact same thing happened to me last night. The bed wasn't shaking violently, but vibrating like yours, so I sat up and tried to determine it's source, but couldn't. I felt the mattress with my hands and I knew that I was really feeling it. It lasted for what felt like forever...maybe a minute? I checked for earthquakes in my area and there were none. Zip. Notta. I'm a little freaked out...but am trying to remain calm. I have a fan that I face towards my bed however. I wonder if the vibrations could've been caused by it?

Free vibrating bed, sounds like a good deal. Unless of course there's something sinister about it,

I've got no ideas.

Oh, I didn't read through the thread... :whistle:

Edited by Lrak

I know what he mean's I sleep on a metal bunk bed, at the top because the bottom is a clothes wrack but I feel vibrations rarely but when it happend's it's like is that the bed or me? its not like your bed is shacking it's actully vibrating.. I call out in my mind stop... but it dont stop... it just stops? I do try to meditate and clear my mind every so often. It is strange. It happend to me last night aswell?

Edited by Ronseal

Happened to me but it was just The Beach Boys downstairs practicing. Good vibrations they were too. :)

It happens to me,but feels more like something beating on the bed from above rather than shaking from underneath, like a mini-Shiatsu massage.

QUOTE (Resonance @ Mar 24 2009, 03:19 PM)

Yes, it's one of those things you have to experience yourself. I don't know how to explain it, but twitching is the only 'logical' explanation i can think of.

I wish it were that, but I know it really isn't. You used to think it was ghosts also? That's amazing. That's what I first thought it could be.

I think this may just go unexplained till it occurs again to me, and I can rule out completely, all outside sources. Then, if it happens again, I can then have my girlfriend look me over to rule out all biological sources. After all of which is ruled out, I will then start searching for possible electromagnetic anomolies surrounding myself.... If all is ruled out, I have no further ways to explain this away.

Like most of the strange things that happen to me, this experience follows me. It's not connected to a certain room, a certain house, a certain thought pattern, certain beliefs or anything like that.

I do notice that people who say things like I do, and people who have these strange experiences like I do, and people who think like I do,

all have some similarities.

It's almost all people who became awakened by the good smoke.

It's people who meditate,

it's people who feel that this physical world is but a fraction of the whole.

It's people who have trouble with staying completely permanent in their body.

I wonder if I just started out less connected to this physical world than most people are??

When I was 4 I had experiences with ghosts and god, and not having a body...

I used to think I was the only one who was here, like I was in a giant experiment, and everyone else was in on it.

Not to sound irrational, but I as well have had an encounter with a supposed "God." I say supposed, because I no longer believe in a Christian God, but more of the idea that there is a Supreme Being that started the Universe (whether it be energy itself, or w/e, I don't know).

I could get into that story if you'd like, but won't waste the time typing it out at this time, as it's 2:00 A.M. right now and I need to go to bed.

It's strange, but this exact same thing happened to me last night. The bed wasn't shaking violently, but vibrating like yours, so I sat up and tried to determine it's source, but couldn't. I felt the mattress with my hands and I knew that I was really feeling it. It lasted for what felt like forever...maybe a minute? I checked for earthquakes in my area and there were none. Zip. Notta. I'm a little freaked out...but am trying to remain calm. I have a fan that I face towards my bed however. I wonder if the vibrations could've been caused by it?

Try not to worry about it, I posted this thread 4 years ago and, since about 2011 I haven't honestly noticed it happen to me again. However, it could just be that I have a lot more to think about than I did in 2008/2009. I am having a baby in 6 months and so I haven't truthfully been paying much attention to see if this phenomenon is happening anymore, I will try to see if it happens tonight and I'll post on here if it does.

Good luck to everybody that knows what I referenced in this thread, it obviously isn't harmful, as I'm still alive. ;)

Take care everyone, talk to you all again soon.

Edited by Resonance
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

You are not lyiing. This happened to me for the first time today. It was just like my cell phone was on vibrate and was going off. I thought that is exactly what was happening. I know I was not asleep because I was annoyed with the vibrating. I'm a lawyer and with a B.S. in Biology so I'm not given to paranormal fastasy but something happened today that I really can't explain. Again it was like my cell phone vibrated three or four vibrations then delay then vibrate three or four more times and did this in just like a cell phone. It has me so concerned at this point that I'm wide awake searching the net for answers when I need to be sleeping.

i used to get this this bed shaking thing a lot when i was a kid.. happened less and less as i got older..

(to me) it doesn't span 3-4 seconds (that's actually quite long) ..it's more like it'd be 3-4 really fast shakes (less than a second)

if it's the same thing i had..the first 3 shakes seemed to be happening in sleep, it's like you wake up on the last shake

Edited by unit
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

This has been happening to me for years. It happens in bed as well as in a recliner that I take naps in. I'm right on the edge of falling asleep and the bed/recliner starts to shake slightly. I used to shift my position in order to make it stop. One night I did an experiment, after coming back awake from the edge of sleep I just layed there with my eyes closed while my bed was shaking. The bed continued to shake while I layed there wide awake but with my eyes closed. I layed there while it shook in my estimation for about 20 minutes. Finally I opened my eyes suddenly hoping that I would see a ghost or something, I saw nothing but the shaking immediatly stopped when I opened my eyes. On another night I had a sweatshirt over my head while it started to shake, I opened my eyes suddenly under the sweatshirt and the shaking stopped. Eventually opening my eyes stopped working. I am to the point where I actually have to say these words out loud in order to make the shaking stop: "In the name of Jesus Christ I command you to stop". I don't know what I'll do when that stops working. If anyone ever figures this out please let others know how to deal with it.

Edited by jstamp007

Okay, this may sound far fetched, but here goes. Sometimes when i'm going to sleep, my girlfriend and I will be laying in bed, and the bed will start to vibrate. Not like, "OMG WTF! IT's SHAKING!"... But, it's almost like a cell phone vibrate, except it's the whole bed. My bed is a normal spring queen size mattress, with evertyhing a normal bed has. Nothing special at all. Just sometimes, i'll be laying there with my eyes open, or even closed, and the bed will vibrate for about 5 seconds, and then stop! Nothing around my bed is electronic, other than alarm clock, and it's on the night stand.

I figured i'd just post this, in a change to maybe get some input. I think maybe, ( i haven't done any research at all on AP, but i think it might be Astral Projection). I know that i've been able to concentrate hard enough to project my thoughts to wherever i want, and see and feel and hear things (Who knows if they're just in my head though). But, it's a weird experience.

We'll lay there, and sometimes even 3 times throughout the night, the bed with just vibrate. For no reason!

Any ideas guys?

I suggest you read my Topic as i have experienced this before. I have experienced the Bed shake before but nothing that you would really take notice of. But this time it felt like it was a ******* Earthquake. I am not even lying. I was just in my Bed minding my own business watching TV when all of a sudden it started shaking and it got really violent and then it just stoped. I was also fully awake and not moving a muscle either.

http://www.unexplain...opic=239880&hl=

Edited by stevemagegod

• 1 month later...

That's what I thought too. It's happened to me in the bed and on the sofa, even just sitting on it. My first thought was that there was a rumbling under the earth nearby. We don't get earthquakes here but I'm sure those tiny rumblings are everywhere.

Hello again, everybody.

SpiritTraveler, if you read through the entire thread, you will note that (at least, I'm partially certain lol) I already addressed that explanation. I spoke with a seismologist the week of the initial incident and was informed that there were no micro seismic events in our vicinity according to their sensors. I am lucky enough to live and attend a college that is very big on geology and seismology. The earthquake scenario was thrown out a long time ago with me.

I originally posted this thread back in 2008, and it is now 2013. I regularly had these types of experiences for a few years while I practiced Astral Projection and furthered my understanding of lucid dreaming. I can currently induce lucid dreaming but never truly was able to astral project, so I finally gave up on the endeavor. Since giving up on astral projection, the bed shaking ceased entirely. I haven't had the problem, or at least felt any sort of random vibration in bed/sitting since.

Perhaps there is some sort of correlation? Who knows...

Nonetheless, I am a proud father now, and am so busy with college that I have been unable to update this thread. It is nice however, to see that people are still intrigued by the matter, and also interesting to see that numerous other people have witnessed/lived through the experience themselves.

Please, feel free to continue the thread on. I will periodically respond if necessary.

Thanks everybody,

Edited by Resonance
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have this same experience periodically. It would wake me with a vibration most accurately described as someone with leg spasms shaking the bed . hubby would be asleep and not shaking and I would be awake enuff to knowit wasnt me never felt threatning just odd would last in bursts of approx 5 seconds had no prob going back to sleep no paranormal activity in the house and no odd history either house less than 18 years old, we're the second owners weird but not frightening. No real explanation.

Guys, the vibrations are NOT physical. It's a very common sensation that occurs at the onset of an OBE. It usually happens right at the awake/sleep threshold. If it happens frequently you are lucky. I suggest doing some reading around the site and internet on astral projection and OBEs. If you want to learn, I can give some useful techniques and pointers. It should be easy if the vibrations are consistently happening.

Good luck!

• Like 2

I've had that experience myself last year. It happened once that I remember but hasn't happened since. Don't know what it was don't know that I want to know with the crazy **** that had been happening then. Just glad its over for now or forever idk but at least next time my husband knows to call a priest.

• 3 months later...

So here is bit of science explanation of these demonic activities that causing your bed shake affecting your beautiful life. Let’s see if this making sense at all.. This started in 2010, I was trying to quit smoke started with Nicorette gums, life was restless, one night woke up with bed shaking very lightly, since we are in LA, Calif, we are always careful of earthquakes, so immidietly woke up my wife. She checked touched walls and asked me to go back to sleep as she did not feel anything at all. I blamed it on nicotine as I read somewhere these could cause vivid dreams, so I ignored anything that happened afterwards.

Recently around a month back I felt again this bed shake, this time my wife also felt it, I realized just before these shakes that lasts for less than a minute, I usually see something moved by me, or something touched me etc. etc. As I have read by many people described, I also started to believe it could be demonic stuff … not that easy, I am a software engineer, I won’t give up that easy without finding out the root cause. BTW whatever you going to read below is not just a result of thinking, we work with different scientists, doctors etc., to write software program for them so I actually spent some time with these geniuses & proved myself as what actually going on here. Please Google to know more about below subjects. Let’s take one part at a time, first bed shake & then seeing things. In your case bed shake could be result of one or all causes listed below, if you carefully relate things you might be able to convince yourself and sleep peacefully as it’s no biggie, so please take time and read all.

Reason to BED Shake - 1: Ever heard of “Seismic Noise”? Apart from earthquakes there are persistent vibrations in the ground, since these are so low signals are not recorded by seismometers. Seismic noise has very low amplitude and cannot be felt by humans but sometimes the amplitudes are magnified or amplified and one of the example is bed shake, especially when you are not on ground/first floor, you have used wood for flooring, your bed is at least queen size using slats, springs, louder shake towards center of the floor, remember these shakes cannot be felt when you lying on the floor as on floor these are not amplified. These causes different effects wave like, vibrate like depending the cause of the noise, these are bigger nuisance on the higher buildings. The cause of Seismic Noise could be anything from human activities such as road traffic and industrial work to natural sources like rivers, wind and other atmospheric phenomena that causes ground vibrations. You could feel these shakes anytime fully awake or half sleeping or wake up with these shakes, these shakes could happen every day at same time due to causing activity like train passing every day at same time, though miles away.

Reason to BED Shake - 2: (Trust me combining with fear this is the main culprit for most of people those who feel bed shake at night) Ever heard of “Neural oscillations”? Human body is very complex and it has more secrets than this whole universe anyways, Neural oscillation is rhythmic or repetitive neural activity in the central nervous system. Neural tissue can generate oscillatory activity in many ways, these were observed by researchers as early as Hans Berger in 1924, but their functional role is still not fully understood. But these could happen due to sleep disorder, narcolepsy, or simply due to over dose of day sleeping or overdose of nicotine etc., that disturbs your sleeping cycle. OK, but why would it shake your bed? Neural oscillations(shake within human body) usually occurs when you are trying to sleep or at certain initial stages of sleep, if you are sleeping on hard surface you may not feel these body oscillations, but spring or slatted bed gives you feel of bed shaking, instead of your own body shaking, sometimes these oscillations are passed to your bed and your partner on same bed could also feel it and now you are sure it’s a work of devil.

Demon or Ghost part: Ever heard of “Fear of Unknown”? Fear is an emotion induced by a perceived threat which causes entities to quickly pull far away from it and usually hide. It is a basic survival mechanism occurring in response to a specific stimulus, such as pain or the threat of danger. Now look at the magic of human brain, after you send signals to your brain that you may be in danger, it will not let you rest until unless you are safe, and when you try to sleep your brain will amplify all sounds, just to protect you from danger, you may hear noises louder or you may open your eyes suddenly and guys unfortunately transition of images in to real world from sleep state takes time and you actually may see smoke, a black thing flying or white thing moving around after opening your eyes.

Ok you felt vibration or shake first time, you asked your partner she said no, probably because her side of bed there were no vibes, you go back to sleep thinking it’s all in your head. Fun part, it happens again, you Google it, you read all these stupid demon stuff and now it’s working in your head.

Now look at these events your body is cautious, because you think ghosts are around and watching you, half asleep, bed shakes due to seismic noise or Neural oscillations , suddenly you open your eyes see demon moving, bed still shaking …. You actually feel ghostie woke you up and bed start shaking!!! LOL!!! Worst part is if you try sleep aid pills these may worsen your imagination but with alcohol you will not see any of these ghost as your confidence is high your connection with brain is poor, making sense?

Silly me, I am from India and when I asked my friend he told me to change your house you are living with ghosts … you think that’s wise J ?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I live in the UK and have been suffering from these bed vibrations off and on for years now. I also suffer from the dreaded hum and I still have no explanation on what's causing them. In my case I think the two experiences might be connected and the bed vibration doesn't just last a few seconds , it's all night and is very intense and my whole body is also vibrating. It's like being bombarded with high frequency sounds and it's nearly impossible to get a good nights sleep. I'm lucky if I get 3 hours. :(

Solution: Get a camera, attach something to your bed that will show it vibrating like a close hanger around a leg jutting out, set the camera on it, see if the beds actually vibrating. Maybe it vibrates without you on it? Maybe only when your on it. It would at least answer some questions.

I'v had similar experiences, iv even had it on a couch where my mom also took a nap and she said it felt like the couch was vibrating. Same genes? Anyways we finally got some rain tonight in Arizona, weve had a 3 month dry spell wich is not unusual. But with it I believe the vibrating bed came back again last night. I woke up it felt like a cell phone in the mattress, I was on my back, I sat up and felt the bed with my hand it was vibrating for about 2 minutes? Idk why. This is the first time iv noticed it at my girlfriends apt and its been years since I have felt it at my parents house. Back when I did a lot of drugs I noticed it quite a bit.

QUOTE (soulseeker @ Mar 24 2009, 01:20 PM)

perhaps it's your well pump or water pump, or heater kicking on.....that might cause vibrations in the structure of the house, including the floor that your bed is on...which might cause the bed to "tremble" slightly.

Another possability would be traffic, cars trains etc......i live near a main road and when semis go by they hit a bump in front of my house & it rattle the whole house...including the bed. But if it last like 5 seconds it is more likely a pump.

If none of these...it could be a lot of paranormal things.

Well, the 'well pump' idea, I would say, is the only explanation that would fit with my settings. I have a cement floor (basement), no cars drive near our place, (out in the middle of bumF|_|ck egypt), no heater to speak of, downstairs at least.

Lots of ideas for paranormal explanations. What might yours be?

Or maybe were all schizos lol, thats funny I used to think the same thing when I was a kid, that maybe everyone was a angel and I died as a baby. But this gods way to figure out wether my soul should go to heaven or hell. I didn't realllly believe that but I thought it was a possibility. Kind of a wierd thing for a 6 year old to ponder. Never told anyone that before.

Rohitsing has the same idea as I do. I have had these light vibrations going off and on for the last few years. I have a wooden bed 4x4 post on a wood floor ontop of a concrete slab foundation. At first I thought it was constuction. But then i started noticing the vibrations happening on nights of major earthquakes somewere on the other side of the world. For example I felt vibrations on the night before the sunami hit japan and many other quakes overseas. I live in florida which is a large sand bar. So most logic says it shouldn't be residual vibrations from quakes on the other side of the world. on a couple of occasions it happend while standing still. But It has co-insided with real quakes more often than not for me. I'm at a very busy timeof my life right now so i dont think I have a chance to notice it lately, but when things slow down in life it occures more often. Just an Idea. For me it feels like sitting on wooden bleachers and have someone walk down the steps. its a residual vibration feeling to me.

• 1 year later...

First there is nothing wrong with your body. You're not diseased or psychotic as some doctors will tell you.

It happens to me to. I know what it is and most people will not like the answer. It's "Tremors" in the earth. We all know the earth is made up of plates and they are constantly shifting and moving. It's just extremely minor vibrations in the earth.

I'm here in the Texas Panhandle and I feel them here as well and while laying in bed...a metal bed frame and headboard, by the way. If it helps anyone Mark 13:8 says Nation will rise against nation and ethnic group against ethnic group. There will be earthquakes in various places...and so on. If I were you I'd search online for seismic activity and fault lines in your area...maybe this will ease your mind.

i've had similar things occur.

The fact that i only experience it while on the cusp of sleep tells me all i need to know.

Edited by Misanthropic

Hi. I read your story and i had the same experience as you for two weeks now. Im sleeping with my gf in bed and we felt a vibration in the bed like if there is a phone inside the matress. I dont understand what is it and i couldnt explain it aand i looked under the matress and under the bed frame and in between the matress and the bed frame . I think its abnormal and i couldnt sleep tonight because of it.

• Like 1

I read everyone that had the same vibrating story. I Looked for similarities between us since i experienced it too. All of us were sleeping next to their girlfriend when they felt it in the mattress. It never vibrated when i was alone in bed . Second , it happens only at night which cancels some arguments that its just plates moving or earthquakes somewhere in the world. Third, i experienced other paranormal activities beside this bed vibrating experience. Idk if you all have experienced paranormal ex before this one .

• Like 2