Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Random Vibrations in bed

Resonance

Hi All!  I know that I am a bit behind on this discussion.. But I Like most people here have had similar experiences.

I believe that i have some psychic capabilities..which I do not practice intentionally but have noticed that i do have my fare share of unexplained experiences..be it astral projections, or this bed shaking thing, sleep paralysis..etc.

ever since childhood..that is around the age of 7 or 8. I use to A.P even though i had no idea what it was back then. Then i moved to a new place when i was 24 and the bed shaking incident happened. Initially I was spooked and thought that the house was haunted but none of my other family members felt anything.  also i had my  only 2 sleep paralysis attacks during this period..that is last 2 years(but to that i found an explanation..it was basically because i use to work shifts that had disrupted my sleep patterns). 

Then suddenly the bed shaking experiences stopped. But today , I once again experienced the same. Initially i thought might be an earthquake but did not find any results when i googled it. hence i had to conclude that the episodes have started again. (i do not work shifts now..not for past 2 yrs)

For me it is like my headrest vibrated 6 times while i was quite relaxed..as i was watching a movie..These vibrations use to be very spontaneous..about 1 2 secs..I know it wasnt from within my body..was on the outside.So the explanation that I have after reading on the topic is that perhaps our bodies are projecting some of its energy outside  it.. which in turn is being reverted in the form of vibrations(newtons 3rd law). But still it does not explain things .

I hope someday some scientists actually are able to discover the reason why this happens.  But till then I believe that most of the people who experience this are psychic to some level:

for instance in my case i have a strong intuition. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 11 November 2008 at 5:36 PM, Resonance said:

Okay, this may sound far fetched, but here goes. Sometimes when i'm going to sleep, my girlfriend and I will be laying in bed, and the bed will start to vibrate. Not like, "OMG WTF! IT's SHAKING!"... But, it's almost like a cell phone vibrate, except it's the whole bed. My bed is a normal spring queen size mattress, with evertyhing a normal bed has. Nothing special at all. Just sometimes, i'll be laying there with my eyes open, or even closed, and the bed will vibrate for about 5 seconds, and then stop! Nothing around my bed is electronic, other than alarm clock, and it's on the night stand.

I figured i'd just post this, in a change to maybe get some input. I think maybe, ( i haven't done any research at all on AP, but i think it might be Astral Projection). I know that i've been able to concentrate hard enough to project my thoughts to wherever i want, and see and feel and hear things (Who knows if they're just in my head though). But, it's a weird experience.

We'll lay there, and sometimes even 3 times throughout the night, the bed with just vibrate. For no reason!

Any ideas guys?

Hi Resonance , just found this website & your post . Know what your saying , as the same thing happened to my teenage daughter & I .. We were both just sitting on my bed, it was the middle of the afternoon , first of all we heard a loud clap , than we heard movement above our heads , from the roof , as were on the top floor, & than the bed started to vibrate / shake, it wasn't violent , but you couldn't miss it, & it happened twice within the space of a few minutes ... My daughter was unnerved by the experience, I wasn't due to the experiences that I have had in the past , & my vibe didn't tell me it was anything bad.., I believe in God, & my faith is stronger than my fear ... 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I experienced this just last night, and having no experience with this, I immediately prayed. I have no idea why, because I'm not inherently religious, but the sheer terror that came from feeling as though I was in a personal earthquake terrified me. The crazy thing is that it worked. I used the name of God and the shaking stopped.

The only two explanations I could come up with are:

A.) God is DEFINITELY real, along with ghosts and demons.

B.) The religious intervention was a placebo that stopped the tremors because it was all in my head.

All I know is that I found other people who have experienced this, so I know I'made not (completely (?)) crazy. This is definitely something you have to feel to understand...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/12/2014 at 4:46 AM, pililiw said:

I read everyone that had the same vibrating story. I Looked for similarities between us since i experienced it too. All of us were sleeping next to their girlfriend when they felt it in the mattress. It never vibrated when i was alone in bed . Second , it happens only at night which cancels some arguments that its just plates moving or earthquakes somewhere in the world. Third, i experienced other paranormal activities beside this bed vibrating experience. Idk if you all have experienced paranormal ex before this one .

I guess I'll break the mold in the girlfriend aspect. :(

I sleep on a futon rather than a "regular" mattress. (Don't judge me too harshly, as I'm still in high school)

Also, the reason I'mean replying to this so late is for future readers.

Edited by Evening_Log
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hello All

First post from me too as I just discovered this thread after an internet search.

It is interesting that many people have experienced this phenomenon and I would like to add my story to the mix.

I started to experience mattress vibrations about three years ago just after our little dog died.  I have a completely open mind as to the cause but in my own mind I hoped it was our dog returning to let me know she was ok.  We did have a very strong bond.  Because I believed it might be our dog I was not scared and actually welcomed the phenomenon when it occured.  Its a very soft vibration which does seem to centre on my body and when I stretch my arms out I suppose the vibrations occur for about a foot all around my body.  It lasts maybe up to around ten seconds. I don't think it has ever happened before I fell asleep.  I am a light sleeper and am woken by the vibrations.

Now here is the strange part.  When I go to bed I talk to the phenomenon as if its a person.  I will sometimes say that I haven't had the mattress vibrate for a while so would you come back to visit me again? (still hoping its our little dog I suppose).  More often than not I will experience the vibrations that night.

About two weeks ago we changed the layout of our bedroom and the bed is in adifferent place.  Last night before going to bed I spoke to the phenomenon and asked that it could return and make the mattress vibrate because it hadn't occured since we moved the bed.  Sure enough I was woken by gentle vibrations.

As I say, I am not afraid at all.  If it is something para normal I am sure it means me no harm.

By the way, from time to time, I have alse felt a weight pressing down on the bottom of my legs whilst in bed.  It felt the same as when our little dog used to lie on the bed with us at night.  Tricks of the mind possibly?

• Like 2

Hey read all the posts on this page and I can relate to about 95% that is said and I've been having this now again recently for the past couple of weeks again, last time this happened was 2015_2016  since then I have changed my bed, matress and even room and it stopped for a while but now its all come back the bed shaking and moving but mines a bit different as when the bed moves it feels like a giant snake/worm is moving to my location depending where I am in the bed but its only on my bed as everytime I stay at the girlfriends house or sit on someone elses bed nothing happens. I'm beginning to grow tired and restless I've search everything from parasites to demons and possessions as when it moves to me it will target either my anus or mouth and then its like its putting worms inside of me and I've not felt the presence of something moving in and out of my anus since no matter how much I do to try and stop it and I cant stay even on my bed now with the feeling of invisible worms squirming to get in my body though the sides of my eyes, ears, mouth, anus and my penis but its like if the thing in the bed moves anywhere else it will target either my head or center of my back and then it will feel like its licking my back or its trying to pull me though the bed as I can feels what describe as a claw sticking though the matress but when I look nothing is there, I just wanna sleep again 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/11/2008 at 11:06 PM, Resonance said:

Okay, this may sound far fetched, but here goes. Sometimes when i'm going to sleep, my girlfriend and I will be laying in bed, and the bed will start to vibrate. Not like, "OMG WTF! IT's SHAKING!"... But, it's almost like a cell phone vibrate, except it's the whole bed. My bed is a normal spring queen size mattress, with evertyhing a normal bed has. Nothing special at all. Just sometimes, i'll be laying there with my eyes open, or even closed, and the bed will vibrate for about 5 seconds, and then stop! Nothing around my bed is electronic, other than alarm clock, and it's on the night stand.

I figured i'd just post this, in a change to maybe get some input. I think maybe, ( i haven't done any research at all on AP, but i think it might be Astral Projection). I know that i've been able to concentrate hard enough to project my thoughts to wherever i want, and see and feel and hear things (Who knows if they're just in my head though). But, it's a weird experience.

We'll lay there, and sometimes even 3 times throughout the night, the bed with just vibrate. For no reason!

Any ideas guys?

Well today i am feeling it for the second time but its actually me vibrating and not my bed i was lying down and thinking about a person i love the most and he is into spiritual n m exploring it too so i realised that might be some sort of energy coming out of me last time i experienced it when i was talking to him we live quite far in different cities so i wonder its me doing it subconsciously or its his energy surrounding me....but i feel it for few seconds 5-6 seconds and when i concentrated i was sure thats only me vibrating very subtly.

I am quite sensitive so i guess i can catch energies and empath its been hardly a month since i started feeling these sensations like strong pressure in my heart when i am hurt and pulsation in root chakra but its always happens when m in his contact or we emotionally connected. So i feel its other person strong force or etheric cord connection that effects you and you feel these and by the way his kundalini is activated and quite close to opening his third eye. I feel its energy of human or soul i cannot say.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone,

I had the same vibration experience twice in this month. Random search brought me to this forum. I feel relieved to know that others have experienced exactly the same. I thought it was earthquake but nothing has been reported. I am not into meditation or psychic stuff but your explanations seem to make sense. 

• 1 year later...

Your question is what lead me to this platform. Yes, I have recently had this very same experience - previously it was always a knocking sound that either woke me up or prevented me from falling asleep. What it is I have no idea. I live alone - no pets and I absolutely check everything is locked up tight before I go to bed. The bed will shake with either a buzzing sound or what I can only describe as a bird rapidly flapping its wings between the bed and the wall. I have investigated everything but found nothing.

On 11/16/2008 at 7:07 AM, Resonance said:

SRGhostgirl's "crown chakra" sounds very interesting but I don't meditate.

• 7 months later...

I was surfing the internet and came upon this thread so I became a member to share my story. I too experience bed vibrations, I have since I was a child. It doesn't happen all the time but when it does it last for several minutes maybe more. It generally happens when I wake up in the middle of the night but I'm not sure if that's actually what wakes me up. The vibration is quite subtle, not violent like in horor movies but definitely noticable enough to sit up in bed wide awake and search for the source of the vibration. I believe it's the bed actually vibrating and not my body. I'm not a religious person or even spiritual but this is a real thing and makes it kind of hard to fall back asleep. From my reserch I've found no logical reason for this to be happening.

There's probably a lot of reasons why your body is vibrating. GOOGLE is your friend. In my case, I now know it's to do with blood parasites. Parasites procreate really quickly and before you know it you can have millions of them in your bloodstream. I've got a really bad parasite infection and it's nigh on impossible to get any help from doctors. One bizarre thing I've noticed is that they really do come alive during a full moon and my body and bed really start to vibrate a lot. It's like they are doing the Lambda. It's a weird thing to experience. I also get muscle spasms all over and I'm certain that these parasites have something to do with my really bad tinnitus. Either way, these pesky critters are hard to get rid off. I've tried loads of different health supplements that initially appeared to work and I felt much better and the vibrations disappeared, but these evil critters keep coming back with a vengeance. It was the hospital that originally infected me in the first place when they cleaned a cut on my eye with water contaminated with parasites. Literally the next day I could see them as they looked like black dots swarming about in my vision which then spread to my other eye and then everywhere else and over the years have grown in size and now look like small transparent tadpoles. After doing a lot of research I now know that the black dots I can see is the nucleus of the parasite. This happened 20 years ago and today these parasites have certainly had a detrimental effect on my health and I still have the vibrations. I honestly feel like a 100-year-old with no energy whatsoever. Sigh!          

• 3 weeks later...

Blood parasite? Oh, I thought you were talking about my ex-wife, shes already bleeding me dry, lol. Ok, back to the topic, this is the first I've heard of blood parasites causing body vibrations. I guess it could be plausible, I guess? I don't know what I would rather have pulsing through my veins, a restless spiritual force or billions of blood parasites? Has anyone else heard of this being the cause of body vibrations?

@AI Construct, do you really believe that you have billions of parasites in your blood stream? 

Sounds more psychological, they way you’ve described it. @BuddingPsychic1111 knows about conspiracy nanobotz.

@louisstout, welcome to UM.

The body can ‘shudder’ under stress (sickness/injury/psychological trauma), but it’s more of a shiver/shudder than vibration. 

If it’s happening when you wake you it’s most likely just something due to known sleep-related phenomena. Namely sleep paralysis or https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnagogia

There's no better experience than first-hand experience. I know for a fact that I have a parasite infection and it has nothing to do with psychology whatsoever. Parasites can pass the blood-brain barrier and infect your brain. Remind me again what your brain controls? That would be everything. :) 

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2014/nov/21/tapeworm-parasite-mans-brain-four-years-china

• 7 months later...

my vibrating bed mystery is solved. This crap drove me crazy. My bed vibrated, but I had someone show me why, let me explain. I couldn’t figure out why my gf would always want to nap at various times during the day. Not normal naps, face down ass up naps with folded lips and druel coming out of her mouth naps like she was having an orgasm. She denied it being adult toys which I did not believe, but she wasn’t completely lying. I started noticing a pattern, every time she took a nap it was bc she was tired from doing laundry, running the dishwasher, taking a long hot bath. Big appliances draw more power, and when they ran, and more of them ran, the more my bed vibrates. That’s what was causing my bed to vibrate. 

• Haha 1

My bed and sofa moves as if there's something running through it or punching it. But there's nothing....nothing inside. I tore it apart searching. I started sleeping on the sofa bc of the movements on my bed only to find out my sofa does the same exact thing. I'm frustrated and disturbed. It's annoying and I'm kind of scared!! Alot of times I'm just sitting and can feel it. I'm so confused! I'm healthy, physically, mentally. I dont have sleep paralysis. There's no springs in my bed. Idk how to cope. I've even tried not sleeping bc it's so bothersome. Please tell me that I'm not the only person going through this!!

1 hour ago, Christina Marie said:

My bed and sofa moves as if there's something running through it or punching it. But there's nothing....nothing inside. I tore it apart searching. I started sleeping on the sofa bc of the movements on my bed only to find out my sofa does the same exact thing. I'm frustrated and disturbed. It's annoying and I'm kind of scared!! Alot of times I'm just sitting and can feel it. I'm so confused! I'm healthy, physically, mentally. I dont have sleep paralysis. There's no springs in my bed. Idk how to cope. I've even tried not sleeping bc it's so bothersome. Please tell me that I'm not the only person going through this!!

I can't say my experience is as dramatic as yours but it's similar so no, you're not crazy. My situation seems to only happen in bed, it's a soft vibration almost like a humming. Your situation sounds more violent and confusing. Please share more of your experience with me maybe we can figure this out together. Two heads are better than one, right? Lol.

On 11/11/2008 at 10:54 AM, Hazel Eyed Lynx said:

t could be from cars driving down the road especially semi's. My bed vibrates a lot because of this.

Do you have any plumbing running under your bedroom floor?

These are good suggestions, also proximity to railroad tracks?  

On 1/28/2020 at 8:42 PM, louisstout said:

I can't say my experience is as dramatic as yours but it's similar so no, you're not crazy. My situation seems to only happen in bed, it's a soft vibration almost like a humming. Your situation sounds more violent and confusing. Please share more of your experience with me maybe we can figure this out together. Two heads are better than one, right? Lol.

Hello, I wouldn't say my experience is violent, but the vibrations can be quite extreme. Also it's interesting you mention a humming noise because I can hear that too. Sometimes it almost feels like I am being bombarded with some kind of sound frequency. However, I also suffer from Tinnitus which can make sleeping impossible. So humming noises are nothing new as far as my physical & mental health is concerned. I'm back to the Doctors soon, hopefully this time I might actually get somewhere.  

11 hours ago, AI Construct said:

Hello, I wouldn't say my experience is violent, but the vibrations can be quite extreme. Also it's interesting you mention a humming noise because I can hear that too. Sometimes it almost feels like I am being bombarded with some kind of sound frequency. However, I also suffer from Tinnitus which can make sleeping impossible. So humming noises are nothing new as far as my physical & mental health is concerned. I'm back to the Doctors soon, hopefully this time I might actually get somewhere.  

I also have Tinnitus, sometimes it sounds like a thousand locust other times it's a ringing whistling sound, it's gotten so loud before I've actually asked my girlfriend if she could hear it too, lol. I'm not hearing the humming, it's more of a body feeling but it's always when my bed is vibrating. I've woken up from a deep sleep and consciously made an effort to feel the bed and my body to pin point the vibration and I'm almost positive it's my bed. This has happened in other houses and other beds so yeah it will kinda freak ya out.

5 hours ago, louisstout said:

I also have Tinnitus, sometimes it sounds like a thousand locust other times it's a ringing whistling sound, it's gotten so loud before I've actually asked my girlfriend if she could hear it too, lol. I'm not hearing the humming, it's more of a body feeling but it's always when my bed is vibrating. I've woken up from a deep sleep and consciously made an effort to feel the bed and my body to pin point the vibration and I'm almost positive it's my bed. This has happened in other houses and other beds so yeah it will kinda freak ya out.

For people who can stay more aware of the process of physically going to sleep (sounds weird but can be done) there can be all sorts of unusual sounds and feelings associated with it. Such as shaking, vibrating, swaying and even a feeling of "sleep paralysis". I think it's normal, but not something we are normally aware of. People who practice various techniques to "astral travel" (which is really just being aware in a dream ie. a fantasy of the mind) as they go to sleep often experience such things. Perhaps for whatever reason, this is what you are experiencing. It could be worse, waking with sleep paralysis regularly doesn't sound like much fun.

Can you record this?

17 hours ago, Horta said:

For people who can stay more aware of the process of physically going to sleep (sounds weird but can be done) there can be all sorts of unusual sounds and feelings associated with it. Such as shaking, vibrating, swaying and even a feeling of "sleep paralysis". I think it's normal, but not something we are normally aware of. People who practice various techniques to "astral travel" (which is really just being aware in a dream ie. a fantasy of the mind) as they go to sleep often experience such things. Perhaps for whatever reason, this is what you are experiencing. It could be worse, waking with sleep paralysis regularly doesn't sound like much fun.

The worst one I had was a hypnic jerk where a shock wave radiated out from me shifting my whole bed a foot towards the window. This will sound odd, but my sensory experience of the event tells me the whole planet shifted a foot.

I have also had some strong Vibrations while in bed, rapid up and down moments, side to side swaying, and extreme shaking. But the only time this happens, is when me and my wife are in bed together!!:D

Peace