Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghost Hunters tricks?

kalight

Eh, maybe you do. But I actually do understand what you are saying. I also have my causes and I won't lie or try to appear holier than thou: I could see myself lying, cheating, stealing or whatever I had to do if it was, for instance, my family on the line.

Maybe I do sound like I'm making excuses? :lol: I've been on the verge of doing just that, lying to try and get more money for my family because we need it. (My step-dad is a jerk and went and spent ALL of the money he was left by his parents on air planes and models instead of considering insurance and food, so YAY! we're almost broke. He's a jerk, simply put.) I think a lot of people would, if the circumstance were important enough.

I guess my opinion is that if they are going to present it as reality, it should be so. If they love the paranormal field, they should understand that lying doesn't help it.

That's true, and I've heard them say the same thing themselves numerous times. They're (or, at least, they appear to be) incredibly against hoaxing, and I think for the previous eight or nine years of their existence they were. On a few of their radio shows they've done bits on known hoaxers, and I mean you can just feel the distaste in their voices. I'm not saying that's a legit reason to say they don't fake their evidence, but I do believe it's reasonable to say that, at one point in time, their views were the same as yours. What they do believe now though, well I guess that's a mystery...

I mean, they could quit. Now, I understand it is easy to say I would quit if I were in their shoes, but I think that would be the only justifiable thing to do. There are other ways to make money in the field. Especially for a team that is the most known and respected in the entire field. I could foresee prime time specials on major networks, more books, dvd's, public appearances, etc. Heck, they could do another show on a different channel that would be more newsmagazine oriented. Their TAPS Paramagazine would be a great starting point for a new television venture....

Ha, easier said than done. :D But I think that's a suggestion you should make to them, it's definitely a thought, and not one I've considered. It would definitely be better for them, to move off of SciFi--that's for sure. I would bet that they've thought about it, but the more people that supported the idea would certainly look much better. I think I would rather watch TAPS discuss rather than investigate, their radio shows are very interesting and can keep me amused for hours (as I repeatedly listen to them out of sheer boredom).

But, really, coming from an investigator yourself, I think you should consider sharing that idea with them. It'll be a giant leap for TAPS, oh yes, but what would they do without suggestions?

Fans of the show LOVE these guys. They'll be mad at first, yes. But I think, ultimately, they'll forgive them. But they have to step up and do the right thing.

As long as it's still Jay and Grant doing the things they do, I wouldn't forsee a lot of anger. I know LOADS of people that don't even watch the show for the ghosts, they watch it for the people and the humour--heck, half the people I know that watch it watch Ghost Hunters because Tango's a hottie, Grant's a babe, or because Steve and Tango are the cutest brother-like duo on earth. As long as it's still TAPS. :innocent:

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stormcrow

• Korbus

• theGhost_and_theDarkness

• Amnesiac

I'm watching the New episode of GH right now, the first half (thus first investigation, Clovis Avenue Sanatorium) is already over. I have one thing to say (and then more, lol);

"I like the one in the hat."

PUH-LEZE! What a lame and obviously FAKE 'evp', what's next? Tango in a sheet?

This is a sad, sad day for the rest of us Ghost Hunters who take our hobby seriously and work our butts off!

I'm hurt, saddened, upset, pizzed off, confused...

Combining this with last weeks show and the 'best of' the live show, I can almost feel the hesitancy in Jason when he's 'playing along' with Grant about things happening or being said. Either he's a bad actor or has a guilty conscience. I always considered Jason, Grant and Steve to be solid and honest... I cannot question their motives, because everyone has to make a living and the lure of fame is powerful...

I'm just saddened.

:tu:

Took the words right out of my mouth. Except that Tango/sheet thing. That was brilliant and original.

HN

Maybe I do sound like I'm making excuses? :lol: I've been on the verge of doing just that, lying to try and get more money for my family because we need it. (My step-dad is a jerk and went and spent ALL of the money he was left by his parents on air planes and models instead of considering insurance and food, so YAY! we're almost broke. He's a jerk, simply put.) I think a lot of people would, if the circumstance were important enough.

That's true, and I've heard them say the same thing themselves numerous times. They're (or, at least, they appear to be) incredibly against hoaxing, and I think for the previous eight or nine years of their existence they were. On a few of their radio shows they've done bits on known hoaxers, and I mean you can just feel the distaste in their voices. I'm not saying that's a legit reason to say they don't fake their evidence, but I do believe it's reasonable to say that, at one point in time, their views were the same as yours. What they do believe now though, well I guess that's a mystery...

Ha, easier said than done. :D But I think that's a suggestion you should make to them, it's definitely a thought, and not one I've considered. It would definitely be better for them, to move off of SciFi--that's for sure. I would bet that they've thought about it, but the more people that supported the idea would certainly look much better. I think I would rather watch TAPS discuss rather than investigate, their radio shows are very interesting and can keep me amused for hours (as I repeatedly listen to them out of sheer boredom).

But, really, coming from an investigator yourself, I think you should consider sharing that idea with them. It'll be a giant leap for TAPS, oh yes, but what would they do without suggestions?

As long as it's still Jay and Grant doing the things they do, I wouldn't forsee a lot of anger. I know LOADS of people that don't even watch the show for the ghosts, they watch it for the people and the humour--heck, half the people I know that watch it watch Ghost Hunters because Tango's a hottie, Grant's a babe, or because Steve and Tango are the cutest brother-like duo on earth. As long as it's still TAPS. :innocent:

You think Tango is a hottie? EWW no offense. I think Steve is good looking and I think Grant is adorable in an innocent average guy kinda way. Yep and the guys watch it see the female, OMG I forget her name. If thats the case, we should watch Cinemax LOL..JN

You think Tango is a hottie? EWW no offense. I think Steve is good looking and I think Grant is adorable in an innocent average guy kinda way. Yep and the guys watch it see the female, OMG I forget her name. If thats the case, we should watch Cinemax LOL..JN

I think he's cute, but Steve is more my type--all those bad-*** tattoos but the incredible fear of spiders and his love of cats. xD But, those are just the words of others, "half the people I know that watch it watch Ghost Hunters because Tango's a hottie".

Imo, none of the women are what I would call "lookers". :lol: Donna wasn't really what I would have called physically appealing, but she wasn't bad looking either. The other girl, what's her name, no idea, I think she's too pretty. She almost seems a bit daft, too new and inexperienced to have been included on the show. I think it was because of her looks. :hmm: I would have rather had Donna continue investigations rather than her--the chick with the glasses, because she just has way more experience.

Keep in mind that you are watching TV! Reality does not translate to truth. Yes, TAPS has been around since I believe 92-93 and I don't doubt they have good intentions but as another user said, "They are under contract" and SciFi will edit the raw footage as they see fit. I would not doubt the producers of the show add there own effects to the edits without TAPS knowing.

TV is all about ratings, any real paranormal investigation followed through in realtime would be for the most part boring. A real investigation requires weeks of interviewing and research, site surveys, several site visits and follow-ups many times leading to a inconclusive case file.

It's entertainment and thats all it should ever referred to as.

I think he's cute, but Steve is more my type--all those bad-*** tattoos but the incredible fear of spiders and his love of cats. xD But, those are just the words of others, "half the people I know that watch it watch Ghost Hunters because Tango's a hottie".

Imo, none of the women are what I would call "lookers". :lol: Donna wasn't really what I would have called physically appealing, but she wasn't bad looking either. The other girl, what's her name, no idea, I think she's too pretty. She almost seems a bit daft, too new and inexperienced to have been included on the show. I think it was because of her looks. :hmm: I would have rather had Donna continue investigations rather than her--the chick with the glasses, because she just has way more experience.

Home Depot and Sassy Lashes? hahahahaha. Those are the most awesome names for cats. I think Kris is the one you guys are talking about. She is pretty.

And, I feel alone cause I think Tango is hot. :lol: I think its cause he's a dork. I love nerds. . .they're so adorable. :wub: It doesn't really have anything to do with how they look.

Home Depot and Sassy Lashes? hahahahaha. Those are the most awesome names for cats. I think Kris is the one you guys are talking about. She is pretty.

And, I feel alone cause I think Tango is hot. :lol: I think its cause he's a dork. I love nerds. . .they're so adorable. :wub: It doesn't really have anything to do with how they look.

Rofl, I don't think they're that weird at all. XD Then again, that's coming from someone who's named their cat Half and Half and their dog Mokey (which apparently, according to dog naming websites, is a real name. :blink: I never knew that. xD I only wanted it because they wouldn't register him as Mocha). Home Depot is my favorite name evarrrr.

AND YES. Kris. That one.

I love Tango's obliviousness to everything. It cracks me up so bad! Have you ever heard his "Word of the Week" on their first radio show episodes? GOD. That is the funniest stuff ever. (If you haven't: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjDUDSAMrko)

I do feel bad for him sometimes though, because before he met TAPS he had it pretty rough and it just makes me go ":(".

Edited by Ebonykrow

LOL Steve is my type too, except screaming after seeing a spider might be a turn off..Tango? To each their own. There is something about Grant that is "cute" and an all around nice man. That girl. whatever her name is, is a model and wanted to go into acting, she needs to give that up lol..She always wears revealing clothes, so MEN and BOYS will watch. I believe they keep her there because she is cute so I agree. She is about a psychic as a leaf. Is her name Kristen? I liked Donna too but her medical condition interfered, and thats too bad. Jay does nothing for me LOL.. ;)

That girl. whatever her name is, is a model and wanted to go into acting,

Yeah, Kris Williams. She was/is a model/actress and has a photography business. That would seem suspicious to me. . .however, I used to be a actress too, and I loved ghost hunting. :P Those two hobbies don't seem to go well together from an outside perspective. :lol:

Yeah, Kris Williams. She was/is a model/actress and has a photography business. That would seem suspicious to me. . .however, I used to be a actress too, and I loved ghost hunting. :P Those two hobbies don't seem to go well together from an outside perspective.

I met Kris last fall on a trip to the QM. She is very pleasent and shy.

But - and not as any slight to her - it's clear to me she is on the show to appeal to the young male demographics.

I met Kris last fall on a trip to the QM. She is very pleasent and shy.

But - and not as any slight to her - it's clear to me she is on the show to appeal to the young male demographics.

Exactly! :yes:

AND THANK GOD FOR THAT

Haha! Eh, ya know what, I'll go ahead and agree. I used to be more inclined to watch for investigation, research, and evidence. But with that stuff lacking lately, I'll not complain about the pretty girl. There's still blood running through my veins.

:tu:

Took the words right out of my mouth. Except that Tango/sheet thing. That was brilliant and original.

HN

I'm a huge fan of the show, but a seed of doubt has been planted. Has anyone else noticed that the "voice" saying "I like the one in the hat" sounds A LOT like Steve?

I'm a huge fan of the show, but a seed of doubt has been planted. Has anyone else noticed that the "voice" saying "I like the one in the hat" sounds A LOT like Steve?

...I don't think it sounded anything like Steve? Honestly, it sounded like a very old mentally handicapped man to me, and I'm around a lot of them so I think I wouldn't confuse it with a young, fluent Steve.

I hadnt thought it sounded like Steve upon first listen, but maybe I'll check it out again. Either way, GH and TAPS seem to have lost a great deal of credibility with people lately.

Oh, and welcome to UM!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
...I don't think it sounded anything like Steve? Honestly, it sounded like a very old mentally handicapped man to me, and I'm around a lot of them so I think I wouldn't confuse it with a young, fluent Steve.

LOL, Maybe the old handicapped man is the contract holder making them fake their evidence.Seriously though, I have not had a chance to watch it more than a few times. I don't get the sci fi channel. I have seen GH international more. Is that owned by the same people?

• 3 weeks later...

[it would have been very hard to fake the pulling of the jacket,]

B.S.!!! I have seen several people on UTube copy the jacket tug and it is EASY PEASY!!!!