Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Interpretation of my dream?

JustNormal

Ok, this may sound odd, but last night I had a dream that I was sitting on a sofa talking to my son (who is grown).. I had my left leg elevated because it hurt, but we continued to just talk about my leg. The history of this leg is I have had 4 knee surgeries prior due to injuries sustained in a motorcycle accident. Right now its fine, and no pain and I can ski, skate and do whatever I choose. Anyway, in the dream I told my son it was numb from the knee down. He said something about messing with it, and when he did, THEN the entire bottom of my leg fell off and slid across the room. I was horrified and angry at my son for messing with it. But I remember saying to him " we knew this could happen but OMG how will I live now?" With that I woke. I feel there is some sort of meaning behind this, can anyone interpret it for me? Thanks..JN

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JustNormal

• Shadowmalerenamon

• Delirious Duck

• eight bits

I don't do dream interpretation, JN, but maybe a helpful hint ot two.

Theater of the Grotesque stuff (body parts coming off, and then sliding around, in case you didn't notice they weren't attached anymore, lol) has the "look and feel" of a device to get the dream into long-term memory, and so into waking thoughts.

A lot of dreams are thinking about things, not "messages," just thinking things over. Four knee surgeries? That's something to think about, no?

But I'll bet a lot of people are having similar dreams right now, with the economy the way it is, asset values heading south, and so on. Their dreams will refer to their biographies, just as your dream refers to your biography.

"We knew this could happen, but OMG how will I live now?" You haven't heard that in waking life lately? Read it in the newspapers? Maybe thought it yourself, or know that your son is thinking it?

I'm not saying that's what your dream is about, just saying. Like the dream itself, food for thought.

This seems like a combination of multiple dreams in your memory. We dream vast numbers of dreams each night, so perhaps you are remember multiple dreams at once, but your mind thinks they are one. Other than that, I'm not sure how to interpet it, but it probably has something to do with your son.

quote name='eight bits' date='Nov 13 2008, 10:05 AM' post='2604242']

I don't do dream interpretation, JN, but maybe a helpful hint ot two.

Theater of the Grotesque stuff (body parts coming off, and then sliding around, in case you didn't notice they weren't attached anymore, lol) has the "look and feel" of a device to get the dream into long-term memory, and so into waking thoughts.

A lot of dreams are thinking about things, not "messages," just thinking things over. Four knee surgeries? That's something to think about, no?

But I'll bet a lot of people are having similar dreams right now, with the economy the way it is, asset values heading south, and so on. Their dreams will refer to their biographies, just as your dream refers to your biography.

"We knew this could happen, but OMG how will I live now?" You haven't heard that in waking life lately? Read it in the newspapers? Maybe thought it yourself, or know that your son is thinking it?

I'm not saying that's what your dream is about, just saying. Like the dream itself, food for thought.

LOL Thanks Eight. I never think about my surgeries but the fact my leg slid across the room is funny now, but not in the dream of course. I recently had the loss of a very very long term friendship, so thought "maybe" I was feeling as though losing this person, is just as painful as losing a limb, but I normally cannot interpret my own dreams. I like your biography concept better than mine..Thanks again..JN :yes: [

This seems like a combination of multiple dreams in your memory. We dream vast numbers of dreams each night, so perhaps you are remember multiple dreams at once, but your mind thinks they are one. Other than that, I'm not sure how to interpet it, but it probably has something to do with your son.

Thank you so much for replying. My son and I are very close and hes a good guy, and would NEVER pull my leg lol..Of course being a Mom I worry about him, so you could be correct..Thanks again..JN :tu:

MAYBE... you'll have to get your leg amputated sometime in the near future. :unsure:

That's just my very poorly devised interpretation.

Hopefully that won't actually happen. >.>

Best of luck with keeping your limbs attached!

Ok, this may sound odd, but last night I had a dream that I was sitting on a sofa talking to my son (who is grown).. I had my left leg elevated because it hurt, but we continued to just talk about my leg. The history of this leg is I have had 4 knee surgeries prior due to injuries sustained in a motorcycle accident. Right now its fine, and no pain and I can ski, skate and do whatever I choose. Anyway, in the dream I told my son it was numb from the knee down. He said something about messing with it, and when he did, THEN the entire bottom of my leg fell off and slid across the room. I was horrified and angry at my son for messing with it. But I remember saying to him " we knew this could happen but OMG how will I live now?" With that I woke. I feel there is some sort of meaning behind this, can anyone interpret it for me? Thanks..JN

My gut feeling is simply a fear of amputation. subconciously, a part of you believes your leg will be removed in the future. Try not to think too much about it or validate it. Giving that fear power over you can bring about the unwanted results. The law of attraction is real. If you think about something long enough, it comes to pass.

Thank you so much for replying. My son and I are very close and hes a good guy, and would NEVER pull my leg lol..Of course being a Mom I worry about him, so you could be correct..Thanks again..JN :tu:

*bows* Glad to be of service. I've been haunted by my dreams for so long, so its nice to help another with their's.

MAYBE... you'll have to get your leg amputated sometime in the near future. :unsure:

That's just my very poorly devised interpretation.

Hopefully that won't actually happen. >.>

Best of luck with keeping your limbs attached!

EEEK I dont think amputation will ever be an option. I had a knee replacement in 2001, and I love it, and can do anything even running etc. It aches sometimes at night, so maybe I felt that in the dream? JN

*bows* Glad to be of service. I've been haunted by my dreams for so long, so its nice to help another with their's.

LOL Thanks. I have some very vivid and graphic dreams and always remember them. That one was mild compared to others lol..That one just shocked me, and I felt it was symbolic of something that was in my head..JN :yes:

You told your son not to do something but he went ahead and did it.

You both knew it could happen and you warned him against it, but he still did it.

The results were pretty awful and you didn't know how you would be able to live after it happened.

But, like the leg, things have been fixed in the past to a good-as-new state and no doubt they will again this time.

You told your son not to do something but he went ahead and did it.

You both knew it could happen and you warned him against it, but he still did it.

The results were pretty awful and you didn't know how you would be able to live after it happened.

But, like the leg, things have been fixed in the past to a good-as-new state and no doubt they will again this time.

WOW Thanks, now THAT makes sense, and he listens to me, but doesnt "hear" me sometimes, if you know what I mean? JN

LOL Thanks. I have some very vivid and graphic dreams and always remember them. That one was mild compared to others lol..That one just shocked me, and I felt it was symbolic of something that was in my head..JN :yes:

May I ask what these other dreams are generally about?