Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A haunting in conneticut

Hans Dolbrook

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sweetpumper

• Oubli

• stargazer123

• SystemOfADown

There's usually a load of Hollywood movies based on 'a true story' which come out every year and they're never anything special.

I'll probably watch it eventually, i just hope it breaks the trend of a lot of boring films 'based on true events' haha xD

I like how they did the poster. It's awsome. I like the colors too.

Can someone tell me a summary? Because I don't think I've seen the episode. :/

I like how they did the poster. It's awsome. I like the colors too.

Can someone tell me a summary? Because I don't think I've seen the episode. :/

this family moved into the house cause it was closer to the hospital. due to the fact their teenage son had cancer.

when they moved in they noticed that it had previously been a morgue. as usually the haunting started with footsteps, weird sounds, and unexplained sightings.

the ghost seem to focus on the teenage son. one day the son decided to confront the prescence. after confronting the spirit the son became darker and darker.

he stopped talking to the family, he began playing loud music, he began writing evil things, and when he talked to the family he would start fights.

well after a while he started trying to really hurt the family. after attacking his cousin. he was sent to the hospital. he warned that things would get worse since he was gone.

and they did. after the family returned home the wife went to take a shower, and the husband went to work. the ghost really freaked, it wrapped the shower curtain around the wife. it attack the cousin. it used the car to attack the husband. i mean it literally tried to hit the husband with the car. voices were all over the place, black masses were in the corners of the house. and that was just part 1.

they called in investigators to check out the house the investigators slept in the house, whenever they slept the beds they slept on would rise up, like they were breathing.

one of the rules the invest. had was never walk around the house alone. one of the head invest. got away from the group when he was attacked by something.

the investigators held an exorcisim. during the exorcisim people were thrown against the walls, choked, crosses and statues of mary were being melted. i mean real hollywood movie stuff. eventually the exor. was a big success and the family moved.end of part 2

i dunno if the movies gonna be like that.

but thats what i remember from the show.

Okay. Then I definitely saw that. All I remember is that a house used to be a morgue. That's all I remember.

Thanks, IronWarrior.

Okay. Then I definitely saw that. All I remember is that a house used to be a morgue. That's all I remember.

Thanks, IronWarrior.

it was a funeral home not a morgue. :tu:

it was a funeral home not a morgue. :tu:

Close enough. Right? It had to do something with dead people.

Thanks for correcting me. =3

True events seem to make the best movies, imo. :lol: I'm just to scared to watch them. My brother will be really interested in it though. I loved the episode on A Haunting, it was pretty interesting.

To actually experience something like that would really have to make you feel hopeless... Some of it's just so fantastical it doesn't even seem real.

John Zaffis was the demonologist involved. You can read his account in his book "Shadows of the Darkness". Very freaky!

I hope he advised them on this film.

• 2 weeks later...
this family moved into the house cause it was closer to the hospital. due to the fact their teenage son had cancer.

when they moved in they noticed that it had previously been a morgue. as usually the haunting started with footsteps, weird sounds, and unexplained sightings.

the ghost seem to focus on the teenage son. one day the son decided to confront the prescence. after confronting the spirit the son became darker and darker.

he stopped talking to the family, he began playing loud music, he began writing evil things, and when he talked to the family he would start fights.

well after a while he started trying to really hurt the family. after attacking his cousin. he was sent to the hospital. he warned that things would get worse since he was gone.

and they did. after the family returned home the wife went to take a shower, and the husband went to work. the ghost really freaked, it wrapped the shower curtain around the wife. it attack the cousin. it used the car to attack the husband. i mean it literally tried to hit the husband with the car. voices were all over the place, black masses were in the corners of the house. and that was just part 1.

they called in investigators to check out the house the investigators slept in the house, whenever they slept the beds they slept on would rise up, like they were breathing.

one of the rules the invest. had was never walk around the house alone. one of the head invest. got away from the group when he was attacked by something.

the investigators held an exorcisim. during the exorcisim people were thrown against the walls, choked, crosses and statues of mary were being melted. i mean real hollywood movie stuff. eventually the exor. was a big success and the family moved.end of part 2

Geez I thought that was normal teenage behavior.

Source?

A link, I don't have, it's been so long. It came from the author himself as he had to finish the book but their stories kept changing and couldn't pin them down on events. He finally gave up and finished it himself. I found out about it after my brother spent $100 on the book.

A link, I don't have, it's been so long. It came from the author himself as he had to finish the book but their stories kept changing and couldn't pin them down on events. He finally gave up and finished it himself. I found out about it after my brother spent $100 on the book.

Jesus Christ, the only thing I can say is who charges (and pays) $100 on a book? o_o That sounds fishy in itself.

Jesus Christ, the only thing I can say is who charges (and pays) $100 on a book? o_o That sounds fishy in itself.

It's true, check it out. It's certainly a good read.

1 new from $89.95 11 used from $44.58 1 collectible from $80.00

http://www.amazon.com/Dark-Place-Ray-Garton/dp/0440216982

Edited by Sweetpumper

Sounds quite interesting.

It sounds promising, better than a lot which is at the cinema at the moment, that pic on your sig is the thing which has scared me the most in a long time though!

• 2 months later...
Close enough. Right? It had to do something with dead people.

Thanks for correcting me. =3

I grew up in a house that was built from the wood of an old roadhouse built in the 1820's (where murders had occured). And if that was'nt enough, my family's land contained an old Indian village/burial ground. Growing up in this house in Gilbert, SC (on Priceville Rd.), me, my Mom, Brothers, Sisters, friends, etc.. all had some sort of creepy experience at one time or another. We saw shadowy figures, heard voices, heartbeats, foot steps, cold spots, the feeling of being watched, etc... Both me and my sister had doors that we were opening, jerk out of our hands and slam shut. My family experienced objects moving with nobody near them. I saw my oldest brother get pushed back in a chair (we tried to talk to the spirit) and a hand print was left on his chest. And that same night, the spirit followed us to my step father's house in Saluda county, about 35 miles away. Let me tell you, that night was the single most freeky of my entire life !

One of my step brothers came to live with us in the late 70's and he came to the breakfast table one morning looking obviously shaken. He asked us "what's the deal here". We played it off to see what he would say. He had been sleeping in the house's master bedroom where there were two twin beds set up. He had laid a suit on one of the beds, as he was going to wear it to a job interview that morning. About 2 or 3 am, he was awakened up out of a sound sleep and heard a "breathing" sound. The "breathing" got louder and louder. Outside the house in the yard, we had a security light on a power pole. Light from that partially illuminated the master bedroom. He said something drew his attention to the bed with the suit on it. He claimed that with the breathing sound, the chest of the suit jacket, rose and fell as if someone was in it.

My relatives who lived around us and even my best friend who lived a short walking distance away also had weird unexplained things go on at their houses, but not to the extent that we did. The house was sold in the mid 80's. The new owners went to see my Aunt and Uncle one day, inquiring about the unexplained "nighttime activity" they were having. My Aunt and Uncle played dumb to see what they would tell them. The new owners referred to it as "night noise". Finally my Aunt and Uncle confessed that we had had problems/experiences there as well.

Over the course of the last 20 years, I have had the opportunity to go back there, but I won't. Whatever is there, I hope it stays there. Somethings are meant to be left alone. Oh, and don't mess with Ouija boards. THEY ARE NOT TOYS !!! Some of you reading this may think "wow, I'd like to see what that is like". But take my advice, the supernatrual is not something you want to go fooling with. I have heard from others that some spirits will actually follow people to other houses, even states. However, Gilbert, SC does have alot of haunted places. Priceville Rd. is located off HWY 1 at the crossroads of US 1/Priceville/Peach Festivel rds. The fall seemed to be the time of most of the activity.

I have read about the actual events of this case and it seems Hollywood took a lot of liberties and threw a lot of bunk in there. I don't think I'll pay to see it at the theartre, but I might rent it some day out of boredom.

Geez I thought that was normal teenage behavior.

ROFLMAO!!! Actually the whole episode sounds like a normal day at my house...