Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Video proof that psiballs are real

ArchangelBaw

dont hate the playa, hate the game. and in this case...

dont hate the skeptic, hate the people who dont provide any proof to back up their Bold claims.

true knockin.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Agent. Mulder

• ArchangelBaw

• Shadowmalerenamon

• The Silver Thong

I'll tell u what mouthy, YOU FUND every penny of the tests and I'll get them done. otherwise SHUT UP ABOUT IT>

Do you have pay pal?

Or you could start here and make a fortune.

http://skepdic.com/randi.html

There have been numerous challenges here on U.M. and if you make a video showing what YOU claim. I will pay you a thousand dollars. After it has been looked at and the general consensus is that it's a real video the money is yours. A gentleman's bet if you will, and don't worry I have the money. Do you have the video?

Do you have pay pal?

Or you could start here and make a fortune.

http://skepdic.com/randi.html

There have been numerous challenges here on U.M. and if you make a video showing what YOU claim. I will pay you a thousand dollars. After it has been looked at and the general consensus is that it's a real video the money is yours. A gentleman's bet if you will, and don't worry I have the money. Do you have the video?

Silver...What kind of video would you have in mind? Like, what would the set up be? Would the thermometer and the feather set up work? I havent done psi stufrf in a while, and Im not claiming I can do much anymore...But, I might take a shot at it...

true knockin.

Ha!

that made me laugh :D:tu:

but im still waiting for their proof.

Basically you are stating that "psi" balls are balls of energy correct? I'm pretty sure that I've flipped through Cartoon Network and have seen a cartoon pertaining to this issue...but I digress. If this really is an actual phenomenon, don't you think that people in lets say, Russia would be masters of creating heat "psi" balls? Russia is a pretty damn cold place and "psi" balls would be pretty damn useful if you ask me..

you may wanna calm down AB. the mods already mentioned that a few times. no ones trying to get you riled up or upset.

dont hate the playa, hate the game. and in this case...

dont hate the skeptic, hate the people who dont provide any proof to back up their Bold claims.

Shush!

I AM.

:lol:

I love how the people who start the topic, act childish, which p***es off the skeptics, which compels them to act in the same exact way.

Feuds are fun :D

Some may view this as *fun* (I guess). However, I will remind everyone of the rules regarding proper behaviour on UM forums:

3d. Trolling: Trolling is strictly disallowed. We define a 'troll' as someone who's purpose on the site is to create as much disruption as possible, offend as many people as possible or otherwise cause disruption intentionally for personal amusement. Behaviour that can be defined as "trolling" generally involves the posting of knowingly false or offensive comments or views designed to provoke, bait and annoy other members.

3e. Flamebaiting: Do not intentionally instigate "flame wars" or bait others in to making personal attacks.

3f. Abusive behaviour: Do not be rude, insulting, offensive, snide, obnoxious or abusive towards other members.

Please contain the *fun* within acceptable parameters.

I'm pretty sure that I've flipped through Cartoon Network and have seen a cartoon pertaining to this issue...but I digress.

No, you didn't. That's it, the entire natural history of psi balls is that cartoon characters toss them around. Oh - and they have sound effects, too. BizzzZZAPOW!

I havent done psi stufrf in a while, and Im not claiming I can do much anymore...But, I might take a shot at it...

You're under 18, Heart. Thong made the offer to somebody who claims to be older than that. Management takes a dim view of money offers to minors on UM.

No, you didn't. That's it, the entire natural history of psi balls is that cartoon characters toss them around. Oh - and they have sound effects, too. BizzzZZAPOW!

You're under 18, Heart. Thong made the offer to somebody who claims to be older than that. Management takes a dim view of money offers to minors on UM.

Kay...Thats cool.

But honestly, when I heard about psi, I had never seen a tv show about them. i hated cartoon network...I learned about em on this site im pretty sure...

Well, before you guys start bashing, you should understand why people who practice this think its real. When you do it, it seems very real, like magnets are repelling against your hands, and then it feels like a cold breeze fills your hands...Its a very odd, but very real sensation. Now, I also know the mind is very powerful, so it could just be a mind trick. But, the important thing to remember, is that most people arent making up the sensations that they feel. They actually feel them. The real question, is what the sensations are caused by. Is it really "psi" or is it just a trick of the mind?

Neither, actually. The people are most certainly not making up the sensations that they feel. So, what are these sensations?

The key to understanding what they are feeling is understanding what the role of the brain is. The brain is, essentially, blind. It relies entirely on interpretation. It doesn't so much rely on sensory input from the eyes, from touch, or any of the other sense as much as it relies in the interpretation of this input. This is why you can have one input, such as a sheet flapping in the wind, and have it misinterpreted by the mind as a ghost, and thus create a feeling of fear (just as an example; I know some people would be tickled pink if they though they saw a ghost).

So, now that we know that the mind reacts to interpretations, not to actual stimuli, the next step is to realize that the mind can create its own interpretations (in extreme forms, we have people whose minds are so overwhelmed by incorrect interpretations that they have to be isolated into mental wards). Simple dreams are enough to inspire various different reactions from people in the absence of physical stimuli, everything from terror, to happiness, to lust, to terror. Everyone has heard of people waking up in cold sweats, randy, or happy.

The mind, then, is capable of creating physical reactions in the absence of stimuli through nothing more than interpretation. Basically, thoughts can cause the body to react. So, how does this connect to psi-balls?

The mind is designed. at its core, as a survival mechanism. To that end, one of its major functions is to shunt resources to where they are needed. If the stomach is full, blood is sent there to help digest. If the legs are pumping hard, blood is sent to them to provide energy. The mind does this because it has interpreted that this area needs the extra blood.

So, now our intrepid psi investigator assumes the lotus and begins to concentrate on his hands. The mind doesn't know a psi-ball from a flapping sheet from a hole in the ground; the mind only perceives one thing: hands. There is a lot of focus on the hands, and for whatever reason, the mind interprets that the hands need attention. Subsequently, the mind floods the hands with fresh blood, in preperation for whatever they are being focused on for.

The person concentrating doesn't know any of this. They suddenly feel that their hands are staring to feel like they are holding something. Why is this? This is because we know, from experience, that anytime we hold something, our hands feel "fuller". This is because the weight from the object is compressing our hands and the blood within them, creating greater pressure. Now, the investigator isn't holding anything, however the hands are filling up with blood sent there by the mind. The effect is the same. As blood fills the tissues, the pressure increases, simulating the increase in pressure from holding an object.

They also start to feel a sense of warmth. In fact, this greater warmth can even be recorded by heat-sensitive cameras. Again, the blood is to blame. The increased circulation results, quite naturally enough, in an increased amount of blood hot from the body's core, circulating to the relatively thin surface of the hands.

About this time, people start feeling a sense of detachment, a certain light-headedness, usually attributed to the energies flowing around the body. Actually, this feeling of light-headedness is the same one that a person feels after eating a particularly large meal. All the blood in the stomach, or in the hands, for that matter, is that much less blood circulating to the one organ that demands the highest blood supply of the body, the mind. Less blood to the brain results in a feeling of light-headedness.

In a nutshell, that is why people feel psi-balls.

i think the proponents of psi balls as a magical power will just say that the psi ball causes increased flow of blood to the hands rather than the increased flow of blood causing the psi ball effect aquatus.

Silver...What kind of video would you have in mind? Like, what would the set up be? Would the thermometer and the feather set up work? I havent done psi stufrf in a while, and Im not claiming I can do much anymore...But, I might take a shot at it...

As was said you are a little young for betting, as far as the video. I will have the members of U.M. watch and judge the validity of it and if the major consensus is that it is real and not fake then I will send the money and maybe get this husband and wife team on David Letterman ;) I'll gladly be there agent if this is real.

As was said you are a little young for betting, as far as the video. I will have the members of U.M. watch and judge the validity of it and if the major consensus is that it is real and not fake then I will send the money and maybe get this husband and wife team on David Letterman ;) I'll gladly be there agent if this is real.

i wouldnt mind them going to a uni/col physics or science department and Proving this to us.

im not sure why none of them have dont this as of yet. you think if they could prove it to some profs. at a large school and film it there would be no question as to whether or not its real.

FOR STARTER'S DON'T PUT WORDS IN MY MOUTH. MY HUSBAND & I HAVE NEVER CALLED ANYONE HERE A KNUCKLE DRAGGING LOSER. BUT THE JEALOUSY AND BITTERNESS OF THOSE WHO DON'T HAVE ABILITIES LIKE WE DO IS WAY OUT OF HAND HERE! IF PEOPLE WAN'T TO RESENT SOMETHING, THEY NEED TO LOOK AT THE THINGS THEY CAN CHANGE IN THEMSELVES INSTEAD OF TRYING TO PICK BATTLES THEY CAN'T WIN ON HERE!

AND TO RESPOND TO THE TESTING THING: I'M A MOTHER OF 3 BOYS, LOL I DON'T HAVE TIME TO DO TESTING.

BUT you have time to post over and over on the internet. We get nothing but excuses from everyone that has supposed powers. Same ole same ole. Scared to be proven wrong.

i think the proponents of psi balls as a magical power will just say that the psi ball causes increased flow of blood to the hands rather than the increased flow of blood causing the psi ball effect aquatus.

**shrugs**

I'm not here to convince anyone. I'm just explaining the science side of it.

The really interesting question is - why can they feel the ball rolling on their left hand, when they move their right one?

The really interesting question is - why can they feel the ball rolling on their left hand, when they move their right one?

Same reason. Interpretation. The mind only works off what it has, and when a person has prepared themselves to believe they are holding a ball in their hands, it isn't all that big a leap to have the ball act like a ball.

There have been some really interesting experiments in which a person has a false arm in front of them, their arm is hidden underneath the fake arm, the person knows the arm is fake, and yet, when the fake arm is tickled or poked with a pin, the person feels a reaction on their arm is if the fake arm was theirs. The mind was fooled by nothing more than the perception of the fake arm being theirs and reacted.

To me it is ironic that our mind is the most powerful thing we possess yet it is fragile at times and easily fooled. I would be willing to wager that aquatus has hit the nail squarely on the head. (for most cases) :tu:

They appearantly also are steroids. Have you seen the muscles on those wielding the "psi" balls?

post-80852-1226878563_thumb.jpg

Same reason. Interpretation. The mind only works off what it has, and when a person has prepared themselves to believe they are holding a ball in their hands, it isn't all that big a leap to have the ball act like a ball.

There have been some really interesting experiments in which a person has a false arm in front of them, their arm is hidden underneath the fake arm, the person knows the arm is fake, and yet, when the fake arm is tickled or poked with a pin, the person feels a reaction on their arm is if the fake arm was theirs. The mind was fooled by nothing more than the perception of the fake arm being theirs and reacted.

i took part in something very similar to this. its a very strange sensation.

My mother once told me of an experiment done years ago in which a subject was lead to believe that he was undergoing a medical procedure while conscious and that he was in some danger, and the subject actually went into shock! All the time, NOTHING was being done to him. The mind IS powerful, but I don't think it can create visible light out of the nether.

Neither, actually. The people are most certainly not making up the sensations that they feel. So, what are these sensations?

The key to understanding what they are feeling is understanding what the role of the brain is. The brain is, essentially, blind. It relies entirely on interpretation. It doesn't so much rely on sensory input from the eyes, from touch, or any of the other sense as much as it relies in the interpretation of this input. This is why you can have one input, such as a sheet flapping in the wind, and have it misinterpreted by the mind as a ghost, and thus create a feeling of fear (just as an example; I know some people would be tickled pink if they though they saw a ghost).

So, now that we know that the mind reacts to interpretations, not to actual stimuli, the next step is to realize that the mind can create its own interpretations (in extreme forms, we have people whose minds are so overwhelmed by incorrect interpretations that they have to be isolated into mental wards). Simple dreams are enough to inspire various different reactions from people in the absence of physical stimuli, everything from terror, to happiness, to lust, to terror. Everyone has heard of people waking up in cold sweats, randy, or happy.

The mind, then, is capable of creating physical reactions in the absence of stimuli through nothing more than interpretation. Basically, thoughts can cause the body to react. So, how does this connect to psi-balls?

The mind is designed. at its core, as a survival mechanism. To that end, one of its major functions is to shunt resources to where they are needed. If the stomach is full, blood is sent there to help digest. If the legs are pumping hard, blood is sent to them to provide energy. The mind does this because it has interpreted that this area needs the extra blood.

So, now our intrepid psi investigator assumes the lotus and begins to concentrate on his hands. The mind doesn't know a psi-ball from a flapping sheet from a hole in the ground; the mind only perceives one thing: hands. There is a lot of focus on the hands, and for whatever reason, the mind interprets that the hands need attention. Subsequently, the mind floods the hands with fresh blood, in preperation for whatever they are being focused on for.

The person concentrating doesn't know any of this. They suddenly feel that their hands are staring to feel like they are holding something. Why is this? This is because we know, from experience, that anytime we hold something, our hands feel "fuller". This is because the weight from the object is compressing our hands and the blood within them, creating greater pressure. Now, the investigator isn't holding anything, however the hands are filling up with blood sent there by the mind. The effect is the same. As blood fills the tissues, the pressure increases, simulating the increase in pressure from holding an object.

They also start to feel a sense of warmth. In fact, this greater warmth can even be recorded by heat-sensitive cameras. Again, the blood is to blame. The increased circulation results, quite naturally enough, in an increased amount of blood hot from the body's core, circulating to the relatively thin surface of the hands.

About this time, people start feeling a sense of detachment, a certain light-headedness, usually attributed to the energies flowing around the body. Actually, this feeling of light-headedness is the same one that a person feels after eating a particularly large meal. All the blood in the stomach, or in the hands, for that matter, is that much less blood circulating to the one organ that demands the highest blood supply of the body, the mind. Less blood to the brain results in a feeling of light-headedness.

Wow. That was actually pretty neat.

Its nice to see .Flv based sites providing videos with insight on this to people. Back in the day when I actually used to post more then once every two weeks, we really didn't have youtube stuff.

There was another force described by someone that would override even the survival mechanism. That was the force to expand one's own power through the essence of will.

I really don't care about psi balls though, they don't seem as significant as other things. There is an electromagnetic force that exists within our bodies. It is what travels through our nerves. As you probably know, with electronic equipment that has electricity running though it, they emits EMF (electromagnetic fields).

Humans have a bunch of wires of electricity running through them (do you dispute this?). Albeit, they are biological wires, they are still wires. It only seems to make sense to me that these wires (nerves) are going to at least give off a slight EMF. The human body is an amazing thing, and the supposed limits of it are always defying the odds. When you touch something - metal - a person - an animal - certain kinds of fabric; and you generate a static shock. Do you see what I'm getting at?

Our bodies also generate heat. Obviously, I'm sure you're all aware that body heat isn't only inside you, it radiates from you as well.

Our bodies also move kinetic energy, along with some other types of energy that may happen (brain waves for example).

Really for me, it comes to no surprise that with practice these energies can be consciously manipulated, and used together (they are used together in harmony inside of your body naturally).

Some of you are saying, "Well if it was true these things would be researched." Well, they are and have been researched for thousands of years. Look at martial arts, yoga, hermetics, healing through prayer, energy healers, etc. The human aura has recently started to creep into mainstream science with some picture evidence of its existence.

It seems to me you are viewing these things as some sort of X-Men power, when they aren't that extraordinary, however their utilization is pretty extraordinary.

Edited by carrot sprite