Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is this really an unexplainable object ?

UM-Debate-Bot

It has been suggested that the object is in fact wild fires raging on a distant hill but as yet,nothing has been proved definitively either way.

Were there wild fires on that line of sight that night?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moonie2012

• thefinalfrontier

• karl 12

• Phillee

Is that a palm tree in that pic? This is Minnesota we're talking about here, we don't have any palm trees. No wildfires either, but that's a good possible explanation.

Apparently there was no video of the 6-9 hour Minneapolis event.

Edited by Moonie2012

I live in the area and didn't here a thing about this. I also find it weak that there is no other videos in such a populated area if it hovered for 6-9 hours. But being theres a palm tree in the pic theres no way its in MN.

I'm not 100% on the "cars on a hill" angle, but I do think they are some sort of ground-based lights, either on a hill or in a valley. I believe it's an illusion of light and distance.

And yes, the fact that nobody else sees it when it's supposedly over a huge metropolitan district for 6-9 hours is more suspect than anything to me.

Was it overcast that night? If so, then the light could have been reflection on the clouds or an inversion layer making a mirage. It looks like some kind of reflective balloon to me. The fact no one else stopped probably means it was not that large.

It is possible to make just such balloons out of trash bags with candles in them to provide lift. This was done in the 70s all the time. There are likely books on how to do it.

• 1 month later...

TTF, don't whine if you have no evidence to back it up with. The mere idea of UFOs has countless flaws. To me, it defidently looked like car lights.

Since this was taken via phone camera, it wouldn't have a decent zoom on it.... So the person filming this is not far from the 'object' at all... So if this person filming really thought they were standing so close to a UFO... why did they stand so far back to film it... Wouldn't you think that if they thought they were filimg a real ufo, then they would have crossed the road and gone right over to it to get a better shot at it???

I think this gives reasoning that it's a hoax!

I thought headlights at first, but it seems to sit there, stable, not moving. If it were headlights being from the streets wouldn't it move? Then toward the end of the vid it moves in not so normal directions, even if it were car lights. I don't know what to make of this.

Who said the car had to be moving? It could be some hick up in his car, parked, with his lights on.