Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Obama might be next Hitler

Splodgenessabounds

I have asked before, how do you propose to pay the huge deficit military spending that Bush has poured into Iraq without taxes?

Money needed to fight a war so you and I can sit here in freedom and life to debate stupid points - There's a novel concept.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MasterPo

• Splodgenessabounds

• ninjadude

• FurthurBB

Money needed to fight a war so you and I can sit here in freedom and life to debate stupid points - There's a novel concept.

You didn't answer his question.

You didn't answer his question.

Enact policies that expand the base of the economy. The more businesses there are, the more jobs that are created to fill the need, the more taxes collected. Works everytime it's tried.

Seems you and the president-elect are on the same page. Next?

WASHINGTON — President-elect Barack Obama on Saturday outlined his plan to create 2.5 million jobs in coming years to rebuild roads and bridges and modernize schools while developing alternative energy sources and more efficient cars.

"These aren't just steps to pull ourselves out of this immediate crisis; these are the long-term investments in our economic future that have been ignored for far too long," Obama said in the weekly Democratic radio address. The economic recovery plan being developed by his staff aims to create 2.5 million jobs by January 2011, and he wants to get it through Congress quickly and sign it soon after taking office.

source

Seems you and the president-elect are on the same page. Next?

source

What? MasterPo and Obama agree, this I have to mark down somewhere lol

What? MasterPo and Obama agree, this I have to mark down somewhere lol

Maybe so.

But just how will he do all that?

How, for example, will reconditioning a bridge or building a new road help the CPA or IT worker or stock broker out of work?

Maybe so.

But just how will he do all that?

How, for example, will reconditioning a bridge or building a new road help the CPA or IT worker or stock broker out of work?

Surely they'd become road builders, or are you thinking more long term?

Surely they'd become road builders, or are you thinking more long term?

So you think the 45 y/o CPA will be inclined to pick up a shovel or jack-hammer?

(unless you're comment was sarcasm)

So you think the 45 y/o CPA will be inclined to pick up a shovel or jack-hammer?

(unless you're comment was sarcasm)

No, not sarcasm. If it were me out of a job I'd build roads to pay the bills no matter how overqualified I am for the job. Would I be happy that I'm building roads, not really but a job's a job.

Then again, I'm not 45.

I can see what you mean but I'm still versatile and sprite so I can do anything.

Edited by Splodgenessabounds

No, not sarcasm. If it were me out of a job I'd build roads to pay the bills no matter how overqualified I am for the job. Would I be happy that I'm building roads, not really but a job's a job.

Then again, I'm not 45.

I can see what you mean but I'm still versatile and sprite so I can do anything.

Don't forget too that kind of work is union and if you're not in the union you don't get the job! And to get into the union, first you usually have to know someone. Even then, you have to apprentice at barely more than min wage and no bennies with crappy hours and work conditions. Could take years to get your full membership. Not someting a 40-something white collar professional with a family, kids, mortgage etc. is eager to jump into.

A job is not a job!

It's easy for government to make-work jobs in construction. But we are long past the point where the majority of Americans work blue collar. The real money, real wealth generation is in the white collar fields. And there is little government can do to specifically generate jobs in that arena. Only entreprenures (pardon the spelling) businesses themselves can do that. So to that end, low taxes and few regulations are about all government can do to promote.

Don't forget too that kind of work is union and if you're not in the union you don't get the job!

Ahhh.... :hmm:

And to get into the union, first you usually have to know someone.

Oh.... :hmm:

Even then, you have to apprentice at barely more than min wage and no bennies with crappy hours and work conditions. Could take years to get your full membership.

Hmmm..... :hmm:

Guess that's both of us out building roads, what other jobs was Obama going to create? :lol: .

Well I live in the UK but once again the UK is starting to follow you guys :lol: , so I guess I better start thinking about these things anyway just in case the unexpected redundency comes my way. Now that I think of it, I'm sure the way your unions work differ from ours. I'll have to read into that.

Edited by Splodgenessabounds

Well I live in the UK but once again the UK is starting to follow you guys :lol: , so I guess I better start thinking about these things anyway just in case the unexpected redundency comes my way. Now that I think of it, I'm sure the way your unions works differ from ours. I'll have to read into that.

Don't get me wrong. I agree that if that's the only work available that's what you need to do. I did that myself. Not road construction. But I was one of the thousnads of IT people out of work in NYC after 9/11. Just a few weeks before my unemp ran out I took a bluecollar union job that paid 1/3rd of what I made before. You try paying the bills on that! But it was either that or work at Starbucks for $8/hr. At least it was steady work but was treated like garbage because that's what happens in a union shop when you're new. It's not "we're all in this together" that you often get in white collar jobs. Not at all. In a union shop it's all about seniority and the number of years in. Reminded me of the stories I've heard about soldiers in Vietnam who wouldn't even acknowledge the newbies because they hadn't put in their time in the war.

I survived, even advanced a little, in that job for a little over 3 years before I quit and finally was able to get back to IT.

But if I had to do that now, I'd probably shoot myself first. No way I could go back to that, both mentally as well as physically.

That's why I have to laugh at all these people teary-eyed at Obama's 'plan' for making jobs that are all labor/blue collar.. Won't help anyone who isn't a laborer.

Both Obama and Biden start every discussion of the remedy for the nations' ills with raising taxes. Obama is on record in the public (Joe The Plumber) saying he considers it only fair to take from someone who has succeeded and give to someone who Obama feels hasn't. Biden is on public record saying it's patriotic to pay more taxes.

Economic freedom - the unalienable right of a person to keep all of what their labors bring them - is the corner stone of all forms of freedom and liberty. Take that away regardless, of the best intentions, and you have oppression.

All other [ridiculous] issues that people here feel are sooooooo important are meaningless without economic freedom.

That is not what I asked. Although I have never heard anyone talk about wanting to take from the rich and give to the poor. When taxes are spoken of, they are talking about how we are going to fix this mess. Of course someone has to pay, you perfer it to be the middle class even though that would sink us. Now to get back on track look closely, why when all the things you describe are the opposite of fascism would you worry about Obama being the next Hitler?

Sure that would be wonderful, too bad we cannot find that war. <_<

That is not what I asked. Although I have never heard anyone talk about wanting to take from the rich and give to the poor.

*knock* - *knock* Hello? Anyone home in there??? :huh:

Where have you been for the last several months?

The Messiah's plan is to tax 5% of the population and give tax cuts to 95% (the rest). Now given that 40% of that 95% don't pay any income taxes at all sounds to me like it's take from the "rich" to give to the poor!

*knock* - *knock* Hello? Anyone home in there??? :huh:

Where have you been for the last several months?

The Messiah's plan is to tax 5% of the population and give tax cuts to 95% (the rest). Now given that 40% of that 95% don't pay any income taxes at all sounds to me like it's take from the "rich" to give to the poor!

No, that is what you want people to believe. I know that it is about paying off our debt and getting our economy headed in the right direction. Your little knock knock nonsense should be directed at yourself because it seems like the lights are on, but, no one is home.

No, that is what you want people to believe. I know that it is about paying off our debt and getting our economy headed in the right direction. Your little knock knock nonsense should be directed at yourself because it seems like the lights are on, but, no one is home.

Cut taxes for 95 percent of workers and their families with a tax cut of $500 for workers or $1,000 for working couples.

Provide generous tax cuts for low- and middle-income seniors, homeowners, the uninsured, and families sending a child to college or looking to save and accumulate wealth. (<- these are the people who pay no income tax in the first place!)

Eliminate capital gains taxes for small businesses, cut corporate taxes for firms that invest and create jobs in the United States, and provide tax credits to reduce the cost of healthcare and to reward investments in innovation.

And...

Middle class families will see their taxes cut – and no family making less than $250,000 will see their taxes increase. The typical middle class family will receive well over $1,000 in tax relief under the Obama plan, and will pay tax rates that are 20% lower than they faced under President Reagan. According to the Tax Policy Center, the Obama plan provides three times as much tax relief for middle class families as the McCain plan.

Families making more than $250,000 will pay either the same or lower tax rates than they paid in the 1990s. Obama will ask the wealthiest 2% of families to give back a portion of the tax cuts they have received over the past eight years to ensure we are restoring fairness and returning to fiscal responsibility. But no family will pay higher tax rates than they would have paid in the 1990s. In fact, dividend rates would be 39 percent lower than what President Bush proposed in his 2001 tax cut.

Obama’s plan will cut taxes overall, reducing revenues to below the levels that prevailed under Ronald Reagan (less than 18.2 percent of GDP). The Obama tax plan is a net tax cut – his tax relief for middle class families is larger than the revenue raised by his tax changes for families over $250,000. Coupled with his commitment to cut unnecessary spending, Obama will pay for this tax relief while bringing down the budget deficit.

(source: http://www.barackobama.com/taxes/)

So how will he give all these tax cuts and still pay off the debt?

he should be removed that is out of line ....I think the folks of Georgia need to find someone else....

He was just exercising his right to free speech.... Firing him from his job and punishing him would be unconstitutional.

I don't think it would, and I'm sure other people on this fourm will think the same as I do.

Edited by Ufo Believer

I don't think it would, and I'm sure other people on this fourm will think the same as I do.

I certainly don't agree. Removing someone from office, when they have not broken the law, is wrong. You can't remove people because you don't agree with their opinion, no matter how stupid or inflammatory. If we set a precedent of doing this, we will be in a mental state of martial law.

I certainly don't agree. Removing someone from office, when they have not broken the law, is wrong. You can't remove people because you don't agree with their opinion, no matter how stupid or inflammatory. If we set a precedent of doing this, we will be in a mental state of martial law.

President Bush. :D

• 5 weeks later...