Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Obama Has More Threats Than Other

Lt_Ripley

This is truly puzzling.

I though he was the one to bring unity to the country?

He's the one who can bridge the gap and heal old wounds.

This must be a mis-report.

:sk

*expletive* you, you *insulting adjective* *insulting expletive noun*!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MasterPo

• acidhead

• BlindMessiah

• Splodgenessabounds

Top Posters In This Topic

Now now. Take inspiration from our great leader and reach across to heal the wounds the divide. :D

Now now. Take inspiration from our great leader and reach across to heal the wounds the divide. :D

While you legitimize white supremacist assassins?

While you legitimize white supremacist assassins?

What the heck are you talking about? Are you off your meds again?

I wonder why so many people feel such strong angst against President-elect Obama now, considering the celebrations and widespread optimism upon his winning the election? For instance, one would think that reactions such as in the following news article would never happen in the USA today.

What has changed?

Karlis

November 15, 2008

By JESSE WASHINGTON, AP National Writer

Cross burnings. Schoolchildren chanting "Assassinate Obama." Black figures hung from nooses. Racial epithets scrawled on homes and cars.

Incidents around the country referring to President-elect Barack Obama are dampening the postelection glow of racial progress and harmony, highlighting the stubborn racism that remains in America.

From California to Maine, police have documented a range of alleged crimes, from vandalism and vague threats to at least one physical attack. Insults and taunts have been delivered by adults, college students and second-graders.

There have been "hundreds" of incidents since the election, many more than usual, said Mark Potok, director of the Intelligence Project at the Southern Poverty Law Center, which monitors hate crimes.

One was in Snellville, Ga., where Denene Millner said a boy on the school bus told her 9-year-old daughter the day after the election: "I hope Obama gets assassinated." That night, someone trashed her sister-in-law's front lawn, mangled the Obama lawn signs, and left two pizza boxes filled with human feces outside the front door, Millner said.

She described her emotions as a combination of anger and fear.

"I can't say that every white person in Snellville is evil and anti-Obama and willing to desecrate my property because one or two idiots did it," said Millner, who is black. "But it definitely makes you look a little different at the people who you live with, and makes you wonder what they're capable of and what they're really thinking."

Potok, who is white, said he believes there is "a large subset of white people in this country who feel that they are losing everything they know, that the country their forefathers built has somehow been stolen from them."

Grant Griffin, a 46-year-old white Georgia native, expressed similar sentiments: "I believe our nation is ruined and has been for several decades and the election of Obama is merely the culmination of the change.

"If you had real change it would involve all the members of (Obama's) church being deported," he said.

Change in whatever form does not come easy, and a black president is "the most profound change in the field of race this country has experienced since the Civil War," said William Ferris, senior associate director of the Center for the Study of the American South at the University of North Carolina. "It's shaking the foundations on which the country has existed for centuries."

"Someone once said racism is like cancer," Ferris said. "It's never totally wiped out, it's in remission."

If so, America's remission lasted until the morning of Nov. 5.

The day after the vote hailed as a sign of a nation changed, black high school student Barbara Tyler of Marietta, Ga., said she heard hateful Obama comments from white students, and that teachers cut off discussion about Obama's victory.

Tyler spoke at a press conference by the Georgia chapter of the NAACP calling for a town hall meeting to address complaints from across the state about hostility and resentment. Another student, from a Covington middle school, said he was suspended for wearing an Obama shirt to school Nov. 5 after the principal told students not to wear political paraphernalia.

The student's mother, Eshe Riviears, said the principal told her: "Whether you like it or not, we're in the South, and there are a lot of people who are not happy with this decision."

Other incidents include:

• Four North Carolina State University students admitted writing anti-Obama comments in a tunnel designated for free speech expression, including one that said: "Let's shoot that (N-word) in the head." Obama has received more threats than any other president-elect, authorities say.

• At Standish, Maine, a sign inside the Oak Hill General Store read: "Osama Obama Shotgun Pool." Customers could sign up to bet $1 on a date when Obama would be killed. "Stabbing, shooting, roadside bombs, they all count," the sign said. At the bottom of the marker board was written "Let's hope someone wins."

• Racist graffiti was found in places including New York's Long Island, where two dozen cars were spray-painted; Kilgore, Texas, where the local high school and skate park were defaced; and the Los Angeles area, where swastikas, racial slurs and "Go Back To Africa" were spray painted on sidewalks, houses and cars.

• Second- and third-grade students on a school bus in Rexburg, Idaho, chanted "assassinate Obama," a district official said.

• University of Alabama professor Marsha L. Houston said a poster of the Obama family was ripped off her office door. A replacement poster was defaced with a death threat and a racial slur. "It seems the election brought the racist rats out of the woodwork," Houston said.

• Black figures were hanged by nooses from trees on Mount Desert Island, Maine, the Bangor Daily News reported. The president of Baylor University in Waco, Texas said a rope found hanging from a campus tree was apparently an abandoned swing and not a noose.

• Crosses were burned in yards of Obama supporters in Hardwick, N.J., and Apolacan Township, Pa.

• A black teenager in New York City said he was attacked with a bat on election night by four white men who shouted 'Obama.'

• In the Pittsburgh suburb of Forest Hills, a black man said he found a note with a racial slur on his car windshield, saying "now that you voted for Obama, just watch out for your house."

Emotions are often raw after a hard-fought political campaign, but now those on the losing side have an easy target for their anger.

"The principle is very simple," said BJ Gallagher, a sociologist and co-author of the diversity book "A Peacock in the Land of Penguins." "If I can't hurt the person I'm angry at, then I'll vent my anger on a substitute, i.e., someone of the same race."

"We saw the same thing happen after the 9-11 attacks, as a wave of anti-Muslim violence swept the country. We saw it happen after the Rodney King verdict, when Los Angeles blacks erupted in rage at the injustice perpetrated by 'the white man.'"

"It's as stupid and ineffectual as kicking your dog when you've had a bad day at the office," Gallagher said. "But it happens a lot."

http://kezi.com/news/national/63979

"No matter who the people of America elect, they will get the leader they deserve." I forget who said that but, it seems to hold true.

Lately, I have noticed a new one taking root... Whenever someone breaks wind or belches, soemone around them will respond "president Who?' I don't know what that has to do with any of this discussion but, I do still think that it is funny.

In all eight years, I never heard any one say that they thought that Bush was going to be assassinated but, here we are almost two months before Obama will take office, and I have been hearing that rumour for almost a year now. Oddly enough, not from any of my white or latino friends. Like Bush or not, the point is that there were never any home grown groups rattleing their sabers like there are now with Obama.

Personally, I think that he stands a better chance of being denied office on account of his foreign birth than him being shot. Speaking of which, if he is found to be ineligable for the presidency, would Biden then take office or would there be either a special election of the peolpe/Congress? I know that if he is killed, Biden automatically steps in t this point inthe game but, if Obama is not eligable, does Biden still get the office?

Just wondering!

BM;

You.

Just.

Rock.

How is this not slanderous?

Don't forget a blatant personal attack. Kind of reminds me of Tyson when he knew he was losing (Holyfield) and the 'fight or flight' instinct kicked in resulting in the ear nibble heard round the world.

Until Jan 20th BUSH is still 'our great leader'.

So that must be whom you are referring to.

Like I said above:

Please M Po, wouldn't all your energy be better channeled into something more positive?

*Edit:

I had considered posting this exact same article/topic, but having been accused of 'bringing up race in EVERY topic' I decided to wait. I also pretty much knew there would be those who jumped right in with their pathetic, bitter and mean spirited comments (and, yes, right on que :tu: ) thus turning a potentially meaningful, needed discussion into a repetitive back and forth with one or two individuals that gets absolutely nowhere.

The latest:

After Obama's win, white backlash festers in US-

The election of America's first black president has triggered more than 200 hate-related incidents, according to the Southern Poverty Law Center – a record in modern presidential elections. Moreover, the white nationalist movement, bemoaning an election that confirmed voters' comfort with a multiracial demography, expects Mr. Obama's election to be a potent recruiting tool – one that watchdog groups warn could give new impetus to a mostly defanged fringe element.

Most election-related threats have so far been little more than juvenile pranks. But the political marginalization of certain Southern whites, economic distress in rural areas, and a White House occupant who symbolizes a multiethnic United States could combine to produce a backlash against what some have heralded as the dawn of a postracial America. In some parts of the South, there's even talk of secession....

But postelection, at least two white nationalist websites – Stormfront and the Council of Conservative Citizens – report their servers have crashed because of heavy traffic. The League of the South, a secessionist group, says Web hits jumped from 50,000 a month to 300,000 since Nov. 4, and its phones are ringing off the hook.

"We're not looking at a race war or anything close to it, but ... what we are seeing now is undeniably a fairly major backlash by some subset of the white population," says Mark Potok of the Southern Poverty Law Center's Intelligence Report in Montomgery, Ala. "Many whites feel that the country their forefathers built has been ... stolen from them, so there's in some places a real boiling rage, and that can only become worse as more people lose jobs."

In an election in which barely 20 percent of native Southern whites in Deep South states voted for Obama, the newly apparent political clout of "outsiders" and people of color has been unnerving to some.

"In states like Mississippi, Louisiana, and Alabama, there was extraordinary racial polarization in the vote," says Merle Black, a political scientist at Emory University in Atlanta. "Black Americans really do believe that Obama is going to represent their interests and views in ways that they haven't been before, and, in the Deep South, whites feel exactly the opposite."

But for nonviolent secessionist groups like the League of the South, the hope is for a more vigorous debate about the direction of the US and the South's role in it, says Michael Tuggle, a League blogger in North Carolina.

Mr. Tuggle says his group isn't looking for an 1860-style secession but, rather, a model that Spain, for one, is moving toward, in which "there's a great deal of autonomy for constituent regions" – a foil to what is seen as unchecked, dangerous federal power in Washington.

"To a lot of people, the idea of secession doesn't seem so crazy anymore," says Tuggle. "People are talking about how left out they feel, ... and they feel that something strange and radical has taken over our country."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/csm/20081117/ts_csm/aaryan

*Note by me on this:

"Many whites feel that the country their forefathers built has been ... stolen from them..."

What? Who built this Country? Are we talking literally? Because I think that could be slightly inaccurate...

Personally, I think that he stands a better chance of being denied office on account of his foreign birth than him being shot. Speaking of which, if he is found to be ineligable for the presidency, would Biden then take office or would there be either a special election of the peolpe/Congress? I know that if he is killed, Biden automatically steps in t this point inthe game but, if Obama is not eligable, does Biden still get the office?

Just wondering!

Unless I'm mistaken but.. Hawaii is a US state, and was one when he was born there.

I have a haunting feeling I'm going to wake up sometime in the next 4 years and see "President Obama assassinated" headlining my newspaper. If he was white, I wouldn't. Being the FIRST BLACK PRESIDENT means a lot in a country who has some people chock full of racial hatred for black people.

Myself not being one of them. I did not vote for Obama nor do I like his ideas, or the fact he's had only about 100 days of actual lawmaking in Congress. However, (as I have stated in previous posts on this forum,) I'm far from being all gungho about how bad he is going to be. I'm just waiting for January...but I still can see him getting assassinated within the first year.

People in this country are just that crazy.

linked-image

The first black president of the United States of America, The same US of A that had slavery and a civil war, and the need to have a civil rights movement. That new black President has been threatned? Racially?

Noooooooo.......You are joking.

FBI: Racist threats over computer sent by black man posing as white

A black man from Mississippi has been arrested and accused of sending racist death threats over the Internet to three black students at Louisiana's Nicholls State University.

The FBI in New Orleans said Dyron Hart, 19, was arrested Wednesday. He is accused of sending the messages by way of the students' Facebook accounts. The messages contained racial epithets and death threats and were sent to two black women and a black man at Nicholls State in Thibodaux, La.

The author of those messages cast himself as a white man who intended to kill blacks because Barack Obama was elected president.

Hart told an FBI agent that he sent the messages to "get a reaction," according to the agent's sworn statement.

The criminal complaint was filed in U.S. District Court in New Orleans. U.S. Attorney Jim Letten's office said Hart made his initial court appearance in Biloxi. It was unclear when he would be brought to New Orleans.

Although the case sprang from a probe into messages sent to the three Nicholls State students, the FBI agent's statement said Hart also admitted sending the message to students at other institutions, including LSU, the University of Mississippi and the University of Alabama.

An FBI news release said Hart, if convicted, would face a maximum sentence of five years in prison and a fine of up to $250,000.

Repeatedly using an obscenity and the N-word, the author of the message threatens to kill more than 3,000 black people in a month because of Obama's election and warns the recipient of a pending attack from "a random white man," according to the agent's affidavit.

More of the article here: Link

------------------------------------------------------

Yet another race hoax emerges.

Since Obama was elected, he showed everybody that it is hard work that gets you ahead. We should stop treating minorities as special with affirmative action and other race based incentives that only promote racism.

FBI: Racist threats over computer sent by black man posing as white

A black man from Mississippi has been arrested and accused of sending racist death threats over the Internet to three black students at Louisiana's Nicholls State University.

The FBI in New Orleans said Dyron Hart, 19, was arrested Wednesday. He is accused of sending the messages by way of the students' Facebook accounts. The messages contained racial epithets and death threats and were sent to two black women and a black man at Nicholls State in Thibodaux, La.

The author of those messages cast himself as a white man who intended to kill blacks because Barack Obama was elected president.

Hart told an FBI agent that he sent the messages to "get a reaction," according to the agent's sworn statement.

The criminal complaint was filed in U.S. District Court in New Orleans. U.S. Attorney Jim Letten's office said Hart made his initial court appearance in Biloxi. It was unclear when he would be brought to New Orleans.

Although the case sprang from a probe into messages sent to the three Nicholls State students, the FBI agent's statement said Hart also admitted sending the message to students at other institutions, including LSU, the University of Mississippi and the University of Alabama.

An FBI news release said Hart, if convicted, would face a maximum sentence of five years in prison and a fine of up to $250,000.

Repeatedly using an obscenity and the N-word, the author of the message threatens to kill more than 3,000 black people in a month because of Obama's election and warns the recipient of a pending attack from "a random white man," according to the agent's affidavit.

More of the article here: Link

------------------------------------------------------

Yet another race hoax emerges.

Since Obama was elected, he showed everybody that it is hard work that gets you ahead. We should stop treating minorities as special with affirmative action and other race based incentives that only promote racism.

Just because Obama was elected does not mean racism does not exist. It does not mean Racism cannot block people from successes. What it means is that for the first time since the inception of this country, it can finally be overcome.

Affirmative action will stay where it is, and for good reason.

From all the racist posts I've seen on the net very recently, Racism is still alive and well.

Just because Obama was elected does not mean racism does not exist. It does not mean Racism cannot block people from successes. What it means is that for the first time since the inception of this country, it can finally be overcome.

First time?! Just what the heck do you think has been happening for the last 40 years?!

Sheesh! You make it sound like the Emancipation Proclamation was just signed this year! :o

you know what's good about this is that a lot of these people will get arrested and put in jail or pay money. They will get an excellent education in how it is illegal to threaten the president of the US.

Affirmative action will stay where it is, and for good reason.

Affirmative action, the right kind of discrimination?

you know what's good about this is that a lot of these people will get arrested and put in jail or pay money. They will get an excellent education in how it is illegal to threaten the president of the US.

He and his henchmen will expand the definition of "threaten".

For example, during the election the DA of St. Louis threatened to sue any reporter and newspaper that printed "libelous falsehoods" about Obama.

This is what constitutional scholars refer to as the "chilling effect" on freedom (in this case freedom of speech).