Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mystery over new Russian weapon

DC09

MOSCOW, Russia (AP) -- Russia has designed a "revolutionary" weapon that would make the prospective U.S. missile defense useless, Russian news agencies reported, quoting a senior Defense Ministry official.

The official, who was not identified by name, said tests conducted during last month's military maneuvers would dramatically change the philosophy behind development of Russia's nuclear forces, the Interfax and ITAR-Tass news agencies reported on Monday.

If deployed, the new weapon would take the value of any U.S. missile shield to "zero," the news agencies quoted the official as saying.

The official said the new weapon would be inexpensive, providing an "asymmetric answer" to U.S. missile defenses, which are proving extremely costly to develop.

Russia, meanwhile, also has continued research in prospective missile defenses and has an edge in some areas compared to other nations, the official said.

The statement reported Monday was in line with claims by President Vladimir Putin's that experiments performed during last month's maneuvers proved that Russia could soon build strategic weapons that could puncture any missile-defense system.

At the time, Col-Gen. Yuri Baluyevsky, the first deputy chief of the General Staff of the Russian armed forces, explained that the military tested a "hypersonic flying vehicle" that was able to maneuver between space and the earth's atmosphere.

Military analysts said that the mysterious new weapons could be a maneuverable ballistic missile warhead or a hypersonic cruise missile.

Full Article

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Diebytheflyguy

• fearfulone

• Viva

• DC09

Stupid, stupid, stupid... thats all the world leaders are.

Why dosent the U.S. invade Russia and rid them of their Weapons of Mass Destruction as they did to Iraq... Russia has suttley stated that they could pretty much attack the U.S. very easily, or what, do the United States like the pick on the little guys?

Why dosent the U.S. invade Russia and rid them of their Weapons of Mass Destruction as they did to Iraq... Russia has suttley stated that they could pretty much attack the U.S. very easily, or what, do the United States like the pick on the little guys?

I cant believe im reading this crap. sad.gif What gives the US the right to be the only nation armed with weapons of mass distruction? While I agree tinpot dictators should be quelled, Russia has as much right as the US. They were working on their program long before the US, they were just slower. It's that American attitude 'Invade everyone' thats going to be the end of this planet! Some countries need to grow up! Russia may be skint but it still has a Nuke arsenal to rival the US and I think the US would have a nasty shock if they tried to invade Russia. The Russians are desperate to be westernised theyd have no reason whatsoever to be a thret to the US!

The USA is the threat to the worlds existence! To humanitys existence! alien.gif Russia is next in that line...

Edited by Athenian

Cold war all over again crying.gif God, i hope not...i dont wanna go back down to the nuke shelter for another 30 yrs blink.gif (i'm only 20, so i've never really been down there, but it doesnt look fun sad.gif )

It's a shame nations can't come together to fight pollution or disease or something, instead of new ways to fight each other huh.gif

Utopia is cool cool.gif

Edited by Homer

I cant believe im reading this crap. sad.gif What gives the US the right to be the only nation armed with weapons of mass distruction? While I agree tinpot dictators should be quelled, Russia has as much right as the US. They were working on their program long before the US, they were just slower. It's that American attitude 'Invade everyone' thats going to be the end of this planet! Some countries need to grow up! Russia may be skint but it still has a Nuke arsenal to rival the US and I think the US would have a nasty shock if they tried to invade Russia. The Russians are desperate to be westernised theyd have no reason whatsoever to be a thret to the US!

Man im joking... my post was a joke... sorry if i wasen't more clear or scarcastic enough!

The USA is the threat to the worlds existence! To humanitys existence!  alien.gif Russia is next in that line...

I agree with that... I would say North Korea is third, but you gotta watch out for us Canadians... you wouldnt want to mess with our "squirt guns," as I have heard some Americans say... but you may have forgotten our secret weapon... the Avero Arrow!

Edited by Diebytheflyguy

has canada ever been a threat to ANYONE?! i mean really, come on...would you be afraid of a country that mis-pronounces about (canadian version: aboot) and their other language is french. Sorry, but i'll take the southern nation of the USA any day...anyway....enough canada bashing eh? whistling2.gif

I think that the Russian's are just trying to let the world know, "Even though we are completely broke as a nation, we are continuing to protect ourselves." i'm sure the US already has a weapon to combat this, or are in the process of developing one.... i suggest this tactic: gunsmilie.gif just walk into russia doin that...you'll get your azz kicked lol...crazy russians thumbsup.gifwhistling2.gif

has canada ever been a threat to ANYONE?!  i mean really, come on...would you be afraid of a country that mis-pronounces about (canadian version: aboot) and their other language is french.  Sorry, but i'll take the southern nation of the USA any day...anyway....enough canada bashing eh?  whistling2.gif

What what and what??? Canada has played a big enough role in WW1, WW2 considering that our present population is only 30,000,000... and what are you talking about <--- SEE ABOUT NOT "ABOOT," I dont know where you got that from... And so what if our second language is french... We only have one provience out of 10 proviences and 3 territories that speak french... Oh I forgot about the whole freedom replacing anything with french in it (which by the way is stupid) Lets ges a soda and some freedom fries, then after lets go to a freedom cafe and order a freedom vanilla coffee and some freedom food discuss how we hate the freedom language and hate the freedom cause they didnt help us in the war... Hahaha... lol, im just kidding around.

Edited by Diebytheflyguy

Oh I forgot about the whole freedom replacing anything with french in it (which by the way is stupid)

i agree...stupid stuff...i mean really...french fries werent even invented in FRANCE!!!! geez...some people are extremists arent they? rolleyes.gif

given that...my position on CANADA stands! seriously...no offense to canadians, but go ask saddam if he felt any pressure or threat from the canadians eh?...my point exactly blink.gif