Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

An Alternate History

Dragunai

What destoryed / Ended the Magic Era?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. What destoryed / Ended the Magic Era?

• A God (One of many)
    • An All powerful Entity
    • A Magic spell or Virus of Decaying power
    • Too Much / One massive war
    • Ignorace (Self inflicted decay)
    • Don't care
    • Don't Know

To date we have 3 Possible creators of us, The Universes most insignificate life form, they are:

Evolution

Made in Heaven (a tag at "Made In Taiwan" Lol)

and The raelians belief we were made by Aliens

Well what about this theory.

I was recently watching a TV show about String Theory and the creation of the Universe. A scientist made a theory that Perhaps the Universe had always just been there, just like God is eternal and has always been there.

So the gears in my imagination started to turn, then spin.

If the universe is eternal then surely our Planet has been alot longer than we have

been lead to believe. Possibly that scientist is correct and everything has been where it is right from the start, possible millions of years ago.....

Well, Everyone thinks that Elfs, Goblins and Giants are a thing of fantasy, But what if there was a time before time?

Possibly a time before Prehistory, a Time which is lost because Man is too ignorant to believe it ever exsisted and so never will.

My Theory is That Before Prehistory Elfs, Goblins and Humans did exsist.

Could be in a war like state or a peaceful one. They lived together on our Planet and had their politics, Art's and cultures. Magic did exsist and so on and so forth.

Isn't possible that something could have happened?

Possible theories on destruction of Magic era

* There may have been a war and in that war the various creatures fought until they had done so much damage that they destroyed other parts of our world, IE Atlanta or Lemuria. This led to the destruction of the Elves and Goblins (and any other races). Humans with a lack of technology then broke down into the cave people (Homo - sapien and the other one) and then re-evolved never remembering their ancient past.

* Some God / Powerful Entity destoryed everything and drove the humans into a state of pure and utter stupity, therefore out came the cavemen.

* Like everything else, they got to a state where they were Utopian and something hit them that they couldn't stop. Ie: A Virus or Magical war spell. The cultures broke down until they no longer could function and devolved from Elfs and Goblins.

Goblins became Reptiles and Elves re-evloved into Humans, weaker versions of them selves.

These are thoeries which could have happened. You may dismiss them as fantasy or stupitiy of you wish, But do you not think it possible that this may have happened in our freaky little world?

It could explain the loss of Atlanta and Lemuria, The Psychics are actully Mages

who have basic power and the strange creatures that we see lurking are those oh so famous eternal creatures set out to guard something or they were entrapped in something and an archiologist freed them.

Please feel free to add to this or debate it. I will answere any questions as best I can.

Dragon

Edited by Dragunai

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Azael

• Athenian

• Dragunai

• DC09

Top Posters In This Topic

All of it sounds reasonable and possible... Just not the magic part... huh.gif

Magic / Telekineses / Psychic, they're all the same really. Manipulating something in order to control it and inflict damage or some other use.

But really if you think about it Magic stems from Psi, Doesn't it?

Well if you put it that way... The brains possibilities and uses are still pretty much unknown and I am sure one day that sort of stuff or at least half of it will be proven by science or be proven as merely beliefs of psychosis and coincidence. But magic is not such a good word for it...

But really if you think about it Magic stems from Gunpowder, If you somehow saw a rifle fired and killing someone a few thousand years ago, Doesn't it?

Edited by Athenian

True, But let us not diversify from the original Subject.

Humans could be a descendant of Eleve?

Agree or disagree?

You've watched the Lord of the Rings more than I have.

That theory is absolutely ridiculous and sounds like a B-plot from a fantasy film done in the 70s.

Let me "tweak" it for you.

Let's say goblins, and dragons, and the whole lot existed.

Why can't we find proof of this?

Because God doesn't want us to (Or a mage "teleported" them all to another dimension or Hollow/Middle Earth.)

Of course, that theory lack plausibility too.

For the record, elves and dwarves probably existed, but as geneticly isolated populations rather than actual races (Think of the pygmies in Africa who are not only short, but also have less fingers than we do.)

Orcs could be Kossacks or Mongols.

Goblins could be Woody Allen!

Agreed, But it all depends on what your definition of Elves are...

Elf: Tall Humanoid with Pointed Ears

Elf: Tall Humanoid with Pointed Ears

I do not recall pointed ears on an elf in Norse mythology. But the tall and humanoid is there...

In mainly Teutonic and Norse folklore, the elves were originally the spirits of the dead who brought fertility. Later they became supernatural beings, shaped as humans, who are either very beautiful (elves of light) or extremely ugly (dark / black elves). They were worshipped in trees, mountains and waterfalls. The Danish elves are beautiful creatures, but they have hollow backs. The Celtic elves are the size of humans.
Edited by Azael

So one can assume the elves were an advanced human race or humanoid aliens that used to visit, died out, or suddenly left who were worshipped as mythological lesser gods for their superiority... Theres alot added onto by other cultures so who really knows...

According to Norse mythology, Elves and dwarves are the most likely who existed scientifically long ago... or still remain today... wacko.gif

Edited by Athenian

Why do you assume they were "advanced" or "alien"?

There have been dozens of cultures that have done plenty of bizarre and wonderful things and then disappeared totally. They were not "advanced" or "alien".

They were merely held in high regard because they did things that the peoples viewing them did not do. This can be looked at in positive and negative ways.

Example; there was a group of people related to the Kossacks who lived on the steppes of Russia. They were a savage and brutal people who use the skulls of the fallen as cups. They also were godly when it came to goldsmithing.

Let's take an old fashion Roman and let him watch them drink from skulls.

He will call them barbarians and think them inferior beings.

Let's let him watch the same people work with gold.

He will call them "mysterious smiths of the wild" and hold them in a high regard.

"Elves" were nothing more than another culture that people held in high regard for whatever reason. They were not advanced nor alien.

What Magic era would this be then?

btw: Lord of the Rings didnt actually happen.

Edited by WorkMonkey

Well the fact that they are stated as supernatural, lesser gods, having possesed "powers", and that some elves were even worshiped and prayed to is enough to believe they were advanced or alien. I do not see the romans worshiping and praying to the people you mentioned or them having a part in the religion/mythology of the romans as lesser gods. They were not only held in high regard or respected... It seemed to be even more than that...

Heck, The elven culture you claim was that was just in high regard was in an entirely different realm/world/dimension called Alfheim that was above Midgard(the place where mankind lived aka Earth)...

BTW Midgard means Middle-Earth, It is surprising how much Tolkien stole from Norse mythology... tongue.gif

Edited by Athenian

Midgard is a snake.

No your thinking of Jormungand that lives in Midgard... It has several different names and one of them happens to be Midgardsorm and somebody shortened that to Midgard for some reason which isn't right...

Edited by Athenian

this idea is completely ridiculous to me, elves, goblins, dwarves and the rest are all just products of some cartoonist as he tried to come up with a new comic. give me a break, I cant believe some of you believe this...I consider myself to be completely open-minded and Im sure some of you have read my wacked out posts, so if I dont believe this theory then either Ive lost touch with my drug-induced reality or there really isnt any turth in this whatsoever.

but hey, dont go killing your sheep because of one martyr, ive been wrong before.

this idea is completely ridiculous to me, elves, goblins, dwarves and the rest are all just products of some cartoonist as he tried to come up with a new comic. give me a break, I cant believe some of you believe this...I consider myself to be completely open-minded and Im sure some of you have read my wacked out posts, so if I dont believe this theory then either Ive lost touch with my drug-induced reality or there really isnt any turth in this whatsoever.

The mythos of elves, dwarves and goblins have been around for hundreds of years.

Well, Think about it, If these cultures never exsisted then why do people still go about them?

What about Atlantis?

or Lemuria?

Both missing (probably non exsistant) yet Scientists with P.H.D's are still looking for them. The Yeti or the Missing link...

Makes ya think. And what about that African Tribe that had pictures of Aliens on the walls of their caves and Tribal Monuments?

I am talking the day's BEFORE TV and other assorted Media systems, before the whole U.F.O idea took off.

Therefore, At one stage in Earths History surely it was possible that Maybe there were Elves, Goblins and Dwarves runnig around?

Perhaps they did die out and humans were left because we had a survival ability they didn't. Or maybe they went subterranian!

This world is so screwy as it is surely there is a possibilty that These other races did exsist on our Planet.

Also you mustn't forget We are still discovering things about our planet all the time new animals and creatures which up until now we didn't know exsisted!

And as for a lack of proof, what about the fact that this time period Pre dates prehistory. The Artifacts have all been destroyed by the sans of time and cannot be found.

Lemuria and Mu never existed, and Atlantis was an inland island like Pompeii.

And sure, it is possible that elves and dwarves ran around. In fact, it's a likely fact.

However - they were certainly not supernatural beings not another race of people! They could only have been humans who were geneticly isolated, like the pygmies.

And as for a lack of proof, what about the fact that this time period Pre dates prehistory. The Artifacts have all been destroyed by the sans of time and cannot be found.

What the hell are you rambling about?

Stop toking, Tolkien!

Hey!!!

I have already been banned from 2 sites because of flame wars. please don't start another!

Look Its just a theory ok, Lets not get into pointless arguements.

Shall we leave it at me having an over active imagination?

Dragon