Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man's Second Fatal Flaw

Shadowmalerenamon

Man needs food to survive, so he takes it from the land. Selfishly, man consumes all he can, depriving his fellow man of the food he also needs. Eventually, the land is bare, and both men will perish, but the weaker will suffer before death overtakes him, while the stronger will be freed by the same death before he suffers his deserved guilt.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shadowmalerenamon

• Chauncy

• Mbyte

• Max.L

Man needs food to survive, so he takes it from the land. Selfishly, man consumes all he can, depriving his fellow man of the food he also needs. Eventually, the land is bare, and both men will perish, but the weaker will suffer before death overtakes him, while the stronger will be freed by the same death before he suffers his deserved guilt.

I don't really see this as the reality of things.

There was a time when the individual grew their own food. They grew only as much food as they could eat, maybe a little extra to trade for things they needed. Then something happened that caused the individual to have to grow way more food than what they needed.

The food was locked up , it was taken from the individual. The people that banded together and called themselves a kingdom , locked the food up and made people grow alot more food than what they needed, in order to get the food they needed.

Well , draining the land , blame the Americans , they have the most resources consumed per person.

Edit: Typo

Edited by Max.L

I don't really see this as the reality of things.

There was a time when the individual grew their own food. They grew only as much food as they could eat, maybe a little extra to trade for things they needed. Then something happened that caused the individual to have to grow way more food than what they needed.

The food was locked up , it was taken from the individual. The people that banded together and called themselves a kingdom , locked the food up and made people grow alot more food than what they needed, in order to get the food they needed.

This does not only apply to food. The food is symbolic

I suppose greed would be a better word here. When one acts greedy they have an insecurity. Greed spreads like wild fire unless your not insecure. All these Flaws are caused by insecurty. Well.. all the results from the "flaws" are caused by insecurty.

I suppose greed would be a better word here. When one acts greedy they have an insecurity. Greed spreads like wild fire unless your not insecure. All these Flaws are caused by insecurty. Well.. all the results from the "flaws" are caused by insecurty.

Perhaps it would be a better word, but since I am going with the symbolism of food, "gluttony" seems to have a deeper impact

Perhaps it would be a better word, but since I am going with the symbolism of food, "gluttony" seems to have a deeper impact

I dig what your saying, gluttony has been the fall of individuals. It doesn't seem, though, to be that which is the demise of our species. I mean, we are still the apex species that flourishes on this planet. If the scenario you set forth were true, we would be extinct, no?

I dig what your saying, gluttony has been the fall of individuals. It doesn't seem, though, to be that which is the demise of our species. I mean, we are still the apex species that flourishes on this planet. If the scenario you set forth were true, we would be extinct, no?

tick tock tick tock tick...

I don't think I'm getting off-topic Chauncy, but "gluttony" seems to be one of the warnings God gave the Hebrew Tribes, just as they were to enter the Promised Land.

Through the mouth of Moses, God said that when they prospered there, were well-fed and comfortable, they would forget about God and follow the desires of the flesh instead. When that happened, Moses warmed, God would bring destruction upon them. According to Scriptures, that is exactly what happened.

Maybe the past tells about the future? :mellow:

Just a thought to consider ... B)

Karlis

tick tock tick tock tick...

Exactly. It is not a matter of whether or not it will happen, but when.