Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A question of mind

behaviour???

I often wondered when I was young Where my thoughts came from!!with the passage of time I knew about mind.......but yet no doctors have been able to find any physical proofs about this so said wonderfull phenomenon.........thoughts always comes from the brain(scientifically speaking) but why did we humans call this mind?????

Thanks

Universal Legend

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• behaviour???

• Mr Walker

• Bee Eff

• jelly metal

Top Posters In This Topic

Thoughts don't always come from the mind. Thoughts are the end process of nerve sensations taking place throughout the body (feel a sting and think of insects). Pure mind centered thoughts are I believe the product of just such none localised reception of sense experience on a direct quantum level. The brain is constantly recieving the quantum field and forming thoughts dependant on the that input. I don't really believe that any thought is trully just our own internal process.

Br Cornelius

I often wondered when I was young Where my thoughts came from!!with the passage of time I knew about mind.......but yet no doctors have been able to find any physical proofs about this so said wonderfull phenomenon.........thoughts always comes from the brain(scientifically speaking) but why did we humans call this mind?????

Thanks

Universal Legend

I think you will find this is less and less true. Experts are discovering the physical brain, and its operations, and how these affect the workings of our mind (self aware consciousness.)

Just two little facts to come to light in recent times. When a young person sees a colour, one part of the brain holds and processes that colour. When, however, the child is taught the name of the colour an entirely different part of the brain takes over, holding and processing, that knowledge. This seems indicative that words/spech and conceptual development occur in a separate part of the brain from visual recognition of a colour or object.

Secondly, when shown a photo of a person, it has been found that the recognition of that photo is held within one single neuron (this is not a scientific explanation so pardon me if my terminology is incorrect) Basically one object is remembered by one neuron, while another object is memorised by another one. The processing, analysing, comparing, and evaluating, may take up more of the brain, but the memory storage is incredibly specific.

I have mentioned before that scientists in the field believe that in less than 20 years they will be able to replicate, extract, duplicate and restore/transfer a human's memory , consciousness and processing ability, from one organic brain to another, and probably from an organic brain to an artificial one.

Even now scientists can create and instal completely artificial memories, which are indistinguishable from honestly obtained ones, and selectively remove memories which may underly significant ongoing trauma for people, so they may overcome psychological illness resulting from those traumatic memories.

The mind is quite demonstrably a product of the organic chemistry of the brain and how it functions. One group of scientists is building a replica of a human brain, synapse by synapse. It will be huge, and not especially functional, but in doing so they gain a good physical understanding of how a human brain creates and manipulates thoughts, through the mapping of the brain, and the tracing of individual thoughts, and patterns of thoughts, within small/individual elements of the brain.

Edited by Mr Walker

Thoughts don't always come from the mind. Thoughts are the end process of nerve sensations taking place throughout the body (feel a sting and think of insects). Pure mind centered thoughts are I believe the product of just such none localised reception of sense experience on a direct quantum level. The brain is constantly recieving the quantum field and forming thoughts dependant on the that input. I don't really believe that any thought is trully just our own internal process.

Br Cornelius

I am a behavior analytical and physiological psychologist. As such, behavior analysis doesn't believe in the "mind" per say. Thoughts are the byproduct of neural firing. They are the activity in the brain between external stimuli and external response. They are the minor neural responses between stimuli and action. They are the neural feedback loop allowing further control of action. The "mind" is a dualist delusion, if you must have a "mind" to control your brain, where is the "mind" that controls that "mind"? The brain is all there is, there is no "mind".

I do not feel like going into an in depth discussion on the subject, as such do a search on the following "homunculus problem of dualism."

Edited by Bee Eff

i beleive the thoughts are a persons base creative ability at work. your thoughts come from you. the mind is not only a product of the brain it is also a product of the spirit. the mind is the middle man between the body and/or brain and the spirit. if one releases their spirit from the body they will feel a very strong transition in which the spirit is somewhat releived of the body. this is because the bodies affect on the mind is no longer applicable.

so to answer where thoughts come from they come from you. they are subject to the body and the spirits balance (mind) but they stem from the very essence of you. the you science describes and the real you are not one in the same.

Thankyou for that information Jelly metal

Thanks

Universal Legend

I am a behavior analytical and physiological psychologist. As such, behavior analysis doesn't believe in the "mind" per say. Thoughts are the byproduct of neural firing. They are the activity in the brain between external stimuli and external response. They are the minor neural responses between stimuli and action. They are the neural feedback loop allowing further control of action. The "mind" is a dualist delusion, if you must have a "mind" to control your brain, where is the "mind" that controls that "mind"? The brain is all there is, there is no "mind".

I do not feel like going into an in depth discussion on the subject, as such do a search on the following "homunculus problem of dualism."

i bet you find a lot of raw materials here to work with....

randomhit10