Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

people with abnormal powers

oz100

i have the ability to feel other peoples emotions, close range mind reading, . who else has powers??

Edited by oz100
  • Like 5

i dunno man, i hear theres some pretty vicious skeptics around here, I'm not sure i feel comfortable discussing my magical powers, I'm too intimidated by their sanity, in fact i think i just won't bother making up any lies. But you can read my mind so you knew that already.

• Like 3

I don't want to be the group skeptic here, but I've seen so many threads about people wanting to discuss their "powers." I don't understand. Psychic ability is all a part of human nature, it's just a matter of if we listen to our intuition and stay in tune with what is going on around us. It has nothing to do with power. Every person in the world is psychic in some way, but many choose to ignore that part of themselves or they just don't recognize it as such.

I know a lot of people who can pick up on others emotions, who have often finished a sentence I started, knew what I was thinking, and I also have done the same kinds of things. It often happens with people I know, but it's also happened with strangers. Haven't you ever gone into a room after people have been arguing and you can feel the heavy energy? Or, you parents have just shared some great news with each other and you walk into the room and can feel their joy? Or, your boss calls you in and you know what he's going to say next? I can bet you most every person here and everywhere else can relate to those experiences.

As for controlling the weather- I don't think so. However, you might be in tune to what will happen with the weather because of the signs that certain weather conditions bring. Weather is a natural phenomenon. I'm not trying to be cruel, but I'm 99.99 % sure that you, I, nor anyone else can control the weather.

• Like 5

ultimately the fact is this is not a 'safe' place to discuss your 'magical powers' because i for one will scrutinize any claims made in this thread as will others, i believe there are forums specifically dedicated to talking about 'magical powers' where you will be safe from the skeptics. If you are about to offer any evidence for your claims whatsoever then i would love to see it, otherwise expect not to be taken very seriously.

Sorry if i come across as a dick.

• Like 3

Weather control? Give me a friggen' break. How old are you?

If you really have these powers, then lets devise a test for them so we can prove once and for all that they are real.

• Like 3

Not to be rude.

But can not anyone figure out that when someone uses the word 'power' They are talking about 'abilities'!!!

These people have been through self-disciplined training, or trained with other people for a while and have developed their mind's 'power'

Abilities, Power.

Their talking about the same thing!

You can't judge someone on what word they use.

Even if ever once in a while someone will use it in a way that makes them sound 'better' then any of us.

I understand that some people will make up these things just for attention but you can never be too sure.

Its has happened so often its hard to tell the real 'talents' among the fakes.

Controlling weather? Just because you cant do it. Just because no one you may possibly know cant do it. Just because you dont believe in the body's and mind's 'talents' that can be enhanced (hince that scientists have found we use only 10% of our brain) through excersises (sp?) does not mean they dont exist. :] Because honestly, you dont know what the mind and body can do. That leads to point that if you dont know what it 'can' do then you can't claim on anything that it 'can't' do. Unless it has been proven, then I will accept it. And yes, your probably like 'that is what I mean You have to speculate it 'can't' be done, because there is no proof.' Well, how do you prove that 'proof' is correct? Because when you are enhancing your natural abilities, and this also goes for when your trying to 'prove' something. How can you 'prove' something that takes a while to do.

This person could video tape his skill, and the results would be within the next day. But many would be like 'it was already in the forecast'

What makes you think stuff like this is all about 'instant' success? Because honestly, 'abilities' are mainly our own influence upon a force of nature, or any object or perhaps being. The greater the influence, the better and perhaps faster the results.

Thanks,

Full of secrets.

Edited by Full Of Secrets
  • Like 6

:D

<----- Read mine in my quote thingy that I wrote. :innocent:

And I can prove it, back track most any thread I've been on and you can see I'm right at 100% accurate... ~rofl~

:lol:

• Like 1

Not to be rude.

But can not anyone figure out that when someone uses the word 'power' They are talking about 'abilities'!!!

These people have been through self-disciplined training, or trained with other people for a while and have developed their mind's 'power'

Abilities, Power.

Their talking about the same thing!

You can't judge someone on what word they use.

Even if ever once in a while someone will use it in a way that makes them sound 'better' then any of us.

I understand that some people will make up these things just for attention but you can never be too sure.

Its has happened so often its hard to tell the real 'talents' among the fakes.

Controlling weather? Just because you cant do it. Just because no one you may possibly know cant do it. Just because you dont believe in the body's and mind's 'talents' that can be enhanced (hince that scientists have found we use only 10% of our brain) through excersises (sp?) does not mean they dont exist. :] Because honestly, you dont know what the mind and body can do. That leads to point that if you dont know what it 'can' do then you can't claim on anything that it 'can't' do. Unless it has been proven, then I will accept it. And yes, your probably like 'that is what I mean You have to speculate it 'can't' be done, because there is no proof.' Well, how do you prove that 'proof' is correct? Because when you are enhancing your natural abilities, and this also goes for when your trying to 'prove' something. How can you 'prove' something that takes a while to do.

This person could video tape his skill, and the results would be within the next day. But many would be like 'it was already in the forecast'

What makes you think stuff like this is all about 'instant' success? Because honestly, 'abilities' are mainly our own influence upon a force of nature, or any object or perhaps being. The greater the influence, the better and perhaps faster the results.

Thanks,

Full of secrets.

So what you're saying is that you can't actually prove any of your abilities.

Nice excuses though. Unfortunately, they are the same ones every other kid on here uses.

Don't worry, you'll grow out of it. Hopefully.

I can't run 100 meters in 10 seconds. I have never seen anyone run 100 meters in 10 seconds. However, this doesn't mean I think it's impossible. I know it is possible, because I know the relative physical limitations of the human body, and I can figure that with enough training, it can be done. But attempting to be proficient in a function which cannot be measured or tested is an effort in futility.

I have never seen much, if any, evidence for the existence of psychic powers. I have seen evidence of spirits, demons, and aliens. But any "evidence" I find regarding "psychic powers" never stands up to testing or scrutiny.

At this point, I am convinced that psychic powers come from watching too much anime. Every single person who comes on here posting new threads like this one is still a teen, or younger, and loves anime or comics. They start these threads because they need other people to tell them their imaginary "powers" are real in order for them to actually FEEL real. And you guys want to believe so badly, you actually start thinking you really DO have these powers, and that you can see evidence of them.

However, every time, every SINGLE TIME, when you are asked to show your powers, you make excuses. I have been here for years, and I have seen every excuse in the book.

Excuses excuses, but never one shred of proof. No demonstrations, no videos, no pictures, nothing but excuse after excuse after excuse.

This makes me think that it's all a load of BS. I mean, if these powers were real, it would take only ONE person to prove them. But nobody has. All they do is make excuses.

Edited by Insight
  • Like 3

well i dont know if this counts for anything, but i've had a few weird incidences when i've done some readings. one example is of a lady on this forum. i was able to describe one of her fondest memories of her son. another time i was able to tell a man several things that i shouldn't rightly have known about his aunt and uncle. personally if people would like to attempt to discredit the above information, i say let them, they are only displaying their insecurities as to what they know about the world we currently live in.

(hince that scientists have found we use only 10% of our brain)

Nope actually, this is what people who know nothing of science say. Scientists say we use 100% of our brain, see the difference.

Anyone claiming these powers feel free to go to you nearest university and prove it. If you are in Belfast I'll happily validate any claim myself.

Oz100, what is an inviroment?

• Like 3

i have the ability to feel other peoples emotions, close range mind reading, and control weather. who else has powers??

Close mind reading? Possible , but very likely that you are lying , but come on , gimme a break ,CONTROLLING WEATHER? you're like the ........umm.............nth person to claim that and not support it with a video and I can almost predict what's gonna happen , the video doesn't show up , you stop posting on this thread and the whole thread gets forgotten , just like those hundreds in the archives.

Edited by Max.L
  • Like 1

However, every time, every SINGLE TIME, when you are asked to show your powers, you make excuses. I have been here for years, and I have seen every excuse in the book.

Excuses excuses, but never one shred of proof. No demonstrations, no videos, no pictures, nothing but excuse after excuse after excuse.

This makes me think that it's all a load of BS. I mean, if these powers were real, it would take only ONE person to prove them. But nobody has. All they do is make excuses.

Okay, I promise you then.

I have I have to train anyways, so once I get my abilities to the point that I can heal small cuts in a matter of minutes, I will video tape it for you. :]

I will post it on youtube and everything.

It might take a few weeks or a month for me to develop it but we shall see.

I promise. You may call me a liar, you may call it an excuse that I will never ever happen.

One day, I promise I will post it on youtube. for all the skeptics out there, I understand your view point.

I'll try my best. :]

Thanks for the inspiration,

Full of secrets.

• Like 1

Nope actually, this is what people who know nothing of science say. Scientists say we use 100% of our brain, see the difference.

Anyone claiming these powers feel free to go to you nearest university and prove it. If you are in Belfast I'll happily validate any claim myself.

Oz100, what is an inviroment?

I meant 'conciously' (sp?)

Goodness.

I know we use 100% to keep our bodies and all that stuff in check.

i have the ability to feel other peoples emotions, close range mind reading, . who else has powers??

To feel another person emotions is empathy. I am empathetic, and it is a gift that is available to all. I use it with my animals. Although, I can pick up on deep emotions and can tell when a person's emotions and unspoken thoughts don't match what they say. A psychologist said that I was highly empathetic, as I was able to connect with a patient that they had trouble to get to open up. He was surprised how I was able to see under her surface.

I have other gifts, but I don't think of them, as being anything special, as we are all capable of these gifts, if we allow ourselves to believe and have faith. Also, the gifts without love amount to nothing worthwhile. If used with love, they are very fruitful. I don't call them powers, because we are all endowed with the capacity to do such marvellous things. Most of us don't tap into our spiritual energy, which means that the gifts are hidden from view. I see my body as a casing for my true nature, which is spiritual in nature, or light energy.

• Like 1

To feel another person emotions is empathy. I am empathetic, and it is a gift that is available to all. I use it with my animals. Although, I can pick up on deep emotions and can tell when a person's emotions and unspoken thoughts don't match what they say. A psychologist said that I was highly empathetic, as I was able to connect with a patient that they had trouble to get to open up. He was surprised how I was able to see under her surface.

I have other gifts, but I don't think of them, as being anything special, as we are all capable of these gifts, if we allow ourselves to believe and have faith. Also, the gifts without love amount to nothing worthwhile. If used with love, they are very fruitful. I don't call them powers, because we are all endowed with the capacity to do such marvellous things. Most of us don't tap into our spiritual energy, which means that the gifts are hidden from view. I see my body as a casing for my true nature, which is spiritual in nature, or light energy.

I like your description of gifts and skills. Even more I like your understanding that everything done with love takes on the greatest power (influence).

I normally do not even read these threads. The positive replies only antagonize those who wish to be otherwise. They have the right and the obligation to think and feel authentically as much as any other. Only those who wish to understand the true nature of love, can understand my point of view on this.

John

Edited by John A Spera
  • Like 2

Okay, I promise you then.

I have I have to train anyways, so once I get my abilities to the point that I can heal small cuts in a matter of minutes, I will video tape it for you. :]

I will post it on youtube and everything.

It might take a few weeks or a month for me to develop it but we shall see.

I promise. You may call me a liar, you may call it an excuse that I will never ever happen.

One day, I promise I will post it on youtube. for all the skeptics out there, I understand your view point.

I'll try my best. :]

Thanks for the inspiration,

Full of secrets.

yeah and one day when i turn into a pig and start flying i will post a video of it on youtube too.

• Like 1

Okay... this myth bugs me. Not the people who believe it, as I did too once upon a time. lol.

We do NOT only use 10% of our brains. That's a misquote and misinterpretation. It's a myth from supposibly the 1800s. We now know that isn't the case, if it WERE the case, then neurosurgeons wouldn't have to map out with EXTREME caution where they're removing brain tissue in regards to epileptic patients.

Scientists way back when thought that due to some rat experiments dealing with removing parts of their cerebral cortex- the rats being able to re-learn things afterward meant that if you took out parts of the brain, being supposibly only 10% was being used, it wouldn't harm to remove other parts, it'd simply adjust and re-learn- BUT, we now know in this day and age that harming even a teensy part of the human brain can cause lots of damage to behavior.

For more info, just google "you use only 10% of your brain myth". I found out originally straight from a neurologist's mouth. :yes: Now you know. Learn something new everyday. :D

• Like 1

i believe that abilities their for everyoen to use. you just have to get in touch with them. no as far as soem things, i can honestly make water do some crazy ****! it cant be floating but i can make shapes in the water as long its still touching water. and btw people need to stop bashing others. we all came to this site to learn and grow so get over it...

thanks

I meant 'conciously' (sp?)

Goodness.

I know we use 100% to keep our bodies and all that stuff in check.

PS- Also incorrect. There's no actual data that supports the theory of us being able to unlock special abilities due to using more than 10% of our brain. The theory in and of itself actually doesn't make sense in a medical standpoint and has a great lack of evidence in it's favor. I really do insist on googling what I posted previously. It's interesting to read about and it's never a bad thing to learn something new right? I don't blame you for not knowing originally. I surely didn't! It's a very popular myth, however that's all it is- myth. :)

As for the original poster: I understand what you mean when you say "powers" but some people will take it differently, perhaps for next time- just say abilities, not powers as it does come off a bit immature even though I know you don't mean it to come out that way. The only "ability" I had I purposely blocked out because I guess I just couldn't deal with it. Some people can and some people can't I guess. My family viewed it more as a curse than anything. It wasn't forseeing or anything of that interesting sort though.

i believe that abilities their for everyoen to use. you just have to get in touch with them. no as far as soem things, i can honestly make water do some crazy ****! it cant be floating but i can make shapes in the water as long its still touching water. and btw people need to stop bashing others. we all came to this site to learn and grow so get over it...

thanks

You're still in school, you can't even type properly, and you expect us to believe you have mastered an ability which takes a martial artist his entire life time to learn?

Riiiiiiight. And I have a bridge in New Jersey for sale...

• Like 2

PS- Also incorrect. There's no actual data that supports the theory of us being able to unlock special abilities due to using more than 10% of our brain. The theory in and of itself actually doesn't make sense in a medical standpoint and has a great lack of evidence in it's favor. I really do insist on googling what I posted previously. It's interesting to read about and it's never a bad thing to learn something new right? I don't blame you for not knowing originally. I surely didn't! It's a very popular myth, however that's all it is- myth. :)

As for the original poster: I understand what you mean when you say "powers" but some people will take it differently, perhaps for next time- just say abilities, not powers as it does come off a bit immature even though I know you don't mean it to come out that way. The only "ability" I had I purposely blocked out because I guess I just couldn't deal with it. Some people can and some people can't I guess. My family viewed it more as a curse than anything. It wasn't forseeing or anything of that interesting sort though.

Thank you for correcting me then.

And thank you for not doing so in a harsh way. :]

You're still in school, you can't even type properly, and you expect us to believe you have mastered an ability which takes a martial artist his entire life time to learn?

So you do believe that it is possible?

So you do believe that it is possible?

Certain martial arts masters can manipulate Chi in ways which are extraordinary. This isn't a question of whether or not they can, because they can demonstrate their abilities to the public. I have seen hundreds of masters do this sort of thing. While it may not be common knowledge, or taught in schools, there are things the human body can do which go beyond most people's general understanding, mainly because they have devoted an amount of training which is beyond most people's understanding.