Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

people with abnormal powers

oz100

it sounded to me like he was saying that proof for 'magical powers' is actually invisible unless you already believe in them.

it sounded to me like he was saying that proof for 'magical powers' is actually invisible unless you already believe in them.

Well, that's just silly circular logic wrapped in some nice prose..

Surely we have enough threads covering this topic, and they all just end up being verbal war zones for the believers and the aethiests. I think this should be locked to be honest.

Surely we have enough threads covering this topic, and they all just end up being verbal war zones for the believers and the aethiests. I think this should be locked to be honest.

What does atheism have to do with any of this?

• 2 weeks later...
A 15 year old's ego. Amazing how much teenagers think they know.

Utterly nessecary reply

Hey!

Nobody has abnormal powers. They're just skills that everyone has.

i have the ability to feel other peoples emotions, close range mind reading, . who else has powers??

Reading minds but only at close range? Kinda seems a little to convenient for me.

i have the ability to feel other peoples emotions, close range mind reading, . who else has powers??

I also have some special abilities:

-Short-range telekinesis (with other humans)

-Long-range telekinesis (with spirits)

-Visions of the future

-Aerokinesis

-Electrokinesis

-Astral Projection (also into other dimensions)

-Precognition

-Past-life viewing

-Psychic and spiritual defence

-Visions of the future

-Aerokinesis

-Electrokinesis

-Precognition

-Past-life viewing

Isn't precognitive thought and visions of the future the same thing?

Don't take any offense if I don't believe you... Cause I don't.

Nobody has abnormal powers. They're just skills that everyone has.

Skills that are untestable, unproveable, and unrepeatable in front of real live people.

Edited by The Skeptic Eric Raven

this thread has not gotten very far, sadly, but still i cant help but ask, is anyone here an empath?

i can see what i've always assumed to be electrical fields around people and am sensitive to low frequencity ELFs. the fields are kinda like a slight blur around a person and if i focus, i can get colors. as far as the ELFs, i can tell if a tv is on (muted or otherwise) if i enter a house. i don't brag about it because it seems like a fairly useless skill.

i can see what i've always assumed to be electrical fields around people and am sensitive to low frequencity ELFs. the fields are kinda like a slight blur around a person and if i focus, i can get colors. as far as the ELFs, i can tell if a tv is on (muted or otherwise) if i enter a house. i don't brag about it because it seems like a fairly useless skill.

thats really interesting. have you always had this gift, or did it develop at some point?

i'm not sure how long i could do it, but i've always been sensitive to ELFs, (a moderate sized minority of people are, it's not a psychic power, it's just a biological thing), i can hear the tv's field buzzing. and i really started noticing people's fields in my midteens. i kinda ignore them, for the most part, they are pretty faint. when i focus on someone, it's more like i sense the colors, i can't explain it really. it's not like aura photography, each person has one particular color, and it doesn't change with moods. my wife tried to get me to do body scans, trying to focus deeper into people and do a mental x-ray type image. i've had minimal success, and it usually is a black/deep blue image, and is kinda blurry. it's pretty neat. i know this sounds kinda bs.

i can tell if a tv is on (muted or otherwise) if i enter a house. i don't brag about it because it seems like a fairly useless skill.

I can tell when a TV is on in a house too, but it isn't a "skill" or a "power" - it's a ringing sound that I can hear. I think most people can.

i can walk down a street and hear it from outside. i never said that it was impressive, i'm just more sensitive than most.

Young people's ears an hear higher frequency sounds than old people's. This is why many young people can hear the high electronic whine emitted by the capacitors in many electronics. I myself used to be able to hear the whine from one of my parents TVs. I could always tell if it was on or off, even with my eyes closed. But now that I'm older, I can't.

In fact, this phenomena started an urban legend about a high pitched cell phone ring which adults couldn't hear. While such a sound does exist, when applied to cell phones, most of them were unable to properly emit the sound. Also, many adults ARE in fact able to hear it, and there are even some kids who cannot. But generally speaking, young people an hear higher frequencies. It's not psychic, it's a biological fact.

i'm not sure how long i could do it, but i've always been sensitive to ELFs, (a moderate sized minority of people are, it's not a psychic power, it's just a biological thing), i can hear the tv's field buzzing. and i really started noticing people's fields in my midteens. i kinda ignore them, for the most part, they are pretty faint. when i focus on someone, it's more like i sense the colors, i can't explain it really. it's not like aura photography, each person has one particular color, and it doesn't change with moods. my wife tried to get me to do body scans, trying to focus deeper into people and do a mental x-ray type image. i've had minimal success, and it usually is a black/deep blue image, and is kinda blurry. it's pretty neat. i know this sounds kinda bs.

actually it sounds pretty cool, very interesting

I could do a body scan on your wife...

(Sorry, I had to. *laughs*)

-Visions of the future

-Aerokinesis

-Electrokinesis

-Precognition

-Past-life viewing

I have all of these powers as well, and my spiritual defence is extremely powerful. I can also see auras.

I have all of these powers as well, and my spiritual defence is extremely powerful. I can also see auras.

No you don't.

I don't think its useless. Ever watch Ghost Hunters? They walk around the house with EMF detectors to track ghosts. Do you ever see an ELF field, but nobody is physically there?

I don't think its useless. Ever watch Ghost Hunters? They walk around the house with EMF detectors to track ghosts. Do you ever see an ELF field, but nobody is physically there?

Ghost Hunters is fake... Anyone who knows anything about how a TV show works knows 'reality' from a TV show is impossible.

If I am not wrong , Discovery Channel ( Or was it history channel? ) , did something like this , they brought some people to this `haunted house' that was in fact perfectly normal , the ghost hunters used EMF detectors and l8r on , the people on Discovery channel revealed that nothing was wrong and EMF can be produced by metallic items , even pipes.

This may not be entire correct as the show was quite a while ago , but the only part I remember clearly is the part where they say that EMF fields can be produced by even pipes.