Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

people with abnormal powers

oz100

I can say do not trust what you see on TV no matter how real it seems.

Shows like Ghost Hunters are bogus. There is no such thing as true reality TV because all shots need to be set up.

Shows like Ghost Hunters are bogus. There is no such thing as true reality TV because all shots need to be set up.

Yep, tv is not science. It is not controlled and entertainment is more important than honesty.

Yep, tv is not science. It is not controlled and entertainment is more important than honesty.

I rarely watch anything on TV that I don't think is informative.... Unless it's like sci fi or something classic like Doogie Houser or My Secret Identity, I used to love those shows.

Snapping back from nostalgia lane for a moment... You're right TV for the most part is a business it's about making money via ratings. If TAPS never really 'found' anything the rating would slump and the show would be cancelled and I highly doubt that Jason and Grant want to lose all that sweet TV money they are making now.

• 2 weeks later...

I would not normally think that controlling the weather was down to a humans ability. I would however agree that there is a strong relationship between the weather and the way we feel. For example, i get a nagging headache when theres a strong east wind blowing from Europe across the UK, and especially so in Winter. This could be due to temperature, humidity, ionisation etc. I also get aches and pains in my knees and other main joints before rain or snow. Even in dosctrines such as Astrology this type of relationship is known and has been known for thousnds of years. I am certainly much more sceptical that it works the other way. ie that my aching knee makes it rain.

Having said that however some things are stranger than fiction. In July 2007 some advertising or marketing geek decided to place a 150 foot image of Homer Simpson next to the Cerne Abbas Giant figure in the UK to advertise the Simpsons movie. Even though it was done in biodegradable paint which could easily be washed away when it rained, many local people and especially the Pagans were none too impressed by this. The pagans decided to start praying and employing natural magic to make it rain as quickly as possible. This story was carried in many of the main British newspapers, both serious and tabloid more because of those "crazy Pagans" than the Simpson move of course. Within days the rains came, got heavier and continued till large tracts of the country and its towns were under severa feet of water. As far as the Pagans were concerned it was a case of Job Done. Strangely, there was hardly any coverage of this in the straight press.

Perhaps the media were a little scared of highlighting anything which they could not explain or at the very least belittle and anyway were not going to let the Pagans enjoy any glory. Whatever, the Pagans got their wish and their prayers were answered. Or perhaps a few of them noticed they had aching knees and knew they were onto a winner. See pic here. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/hi/pop_...8005/html/1.stm

Wettest summer on record .. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6971370.stm

A 15 year old's ego. Amazing how much teenagers think they know.

Hey! We're not all that bad ;)

I would not normally think that controlling the weather was down to a humans ability. I would however agree that there is a strong relationship between the weather and the way we feel. For example, i get a nagging headache when theres a strong east wind blowing from Europe across the UK, and especially so in Winter. This could be due to temperature, humidity, ionisation etc. I also get aches and pains in my knees and other main joints before rain or snow. Even in dosctrines such as Astrology this type of relationship is known and has been known for thousnds of years. I am certainly much more sceptical that it works the other way. ie that my aching knee makes it rain.

Having said that however some things are stranger than fiction. In July 2007 some advertising or marketing geek decided to place a 150 foot image of Homer Simpson next to the Cerne Abbas Giant figure in the UK to advertise the Simpsons movie. Even though it was done in biodegradable paint which could easily be washed away when it rained, many local people and especially the Pagans were none too impressed by this. The pagans decided to start praying and employing natural magic to make it rain as quickly as possible. This story was carried in many of the main British newspapers, both serious and tabloid more because of those "crazy Pagans" than the Simpson move of course. Within days the rains came, got heavier and continued till large tracts of the country and its towns were under severa feet of water. As far as the Pagans were concerned it was a case of Job Done. Strangely, there was hardly any coverage of this in the straight press.

Perhaps the media were a little scared of highlighting anything which they could not explain or at the very least belittle and anyway were not going to let the Pagans enjoy any glory. Whatever, the Pagans got their wish and their prayers were answered. Or perhaps a few of them noticed they had aching knees and knew they were onto a winner. See pic here. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/hi/pop_...8005/html/1.stm

Wettest summer on record .. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6971370.stm

Heavy rain during the British summer is hardly stranger than fiction. It very common.

Speaking of television, do you watch virtues of harmony and war of the genders?

Okay, first and foremost I believe that all humans have certain abilities they are born with. Some people grow up to be great athletes, some people train and become great athletes, but some people simply do not have the physical makings of an an athlete, and I think that magical and psychic powers are very much the same way. Some people have natural raw talents and aptitudes in which they excell, some things can be taught and learned, and honed to a high degree of skill, and in some cases, some people will simply never be very good at one thing or another.

In my case I have very exceptional healing powers, I also have a knack for prophetic dreams, but I am also a sensitive. I have been able to really enhance my healing by learning methods and techniques to where I can achieve really awesome results. This was a talent I was born with. In a similar fashion I have use my sensitivity and hone in on something to get a better feel, but I cannot grab an object and go to town with psychometry, I am just not skilled at sensing in that fashion. Finally I do not control my dreams, i probably could do lucid dream work and such. However, somethign I learned was things like energy manipulation in general terms, it does not just flow freely and effectively like the healing abilities do, and then some people can do things like talk to animals psychically, I certainly cannot do that, I have tried and failed.

So I think psychic things are like any subject you learn in school. You have what you are great at and a natural for, you have what you can learn and excell in that way, and you have the subject in which you probably just will never be the best, or might not even care to be.

Okay, first and foremost I believe that all humans have certain abilities they are born with. Some people grow up to be great athletes, some people train and become great athletes, but some people simply do not have the physical makings of an an athlete, and I think that magical and psychic powers are very much the same way. Some people have natural raw talents and aptitudes in which they excell, some things can be taught and learned, and honed to a high degree of skill, and in some cases, some people will simply never be very good at one thing or another.

In my case I have very exceptional healing powers, I also have a knack for prophetic dreams, but I am also a sensitive. I have been able to really enhance my healing by learning methods and techniques to where I can achieve really awesome results. This was a talent I was born with. In a similar fashion I have use my sensitivity and hone in on something to get a better feel, but I cannot grab an object and go to town with psychometry, I am just not skilled at sensing in that fashion. Finally I do not control my dreams, i probably could do lucid dream work and such. However, somethign I learned was things like energy manipulation in general terms, it does not just flow freely and effectively like the healing abilities do, and then some people can do things like talk to animals psychically, I certainly cannot do that, I have tried and failed.

So I think psychic things are like any subject you learn in school. You have what you are great at and a natural for, you have what you can learn and excell in that way, and you have the subject in which you probably just will never be the best, or might not even care to be.

What have you healed? How do you learn to prophetically dream? You must be rich and famous for having such great powers!

Edited by SkullofBears

I am phyckic Well not by much. Just a tiny bit. I have had premintion dreams as you call them. Nothing ever important. One time I dreampt a day in I think it could have been 7 grade. But I was in elementry school and had no knowledge of it. I have dreampt other things as well. Boring none important stuff which I normally just forget until I get that deija Vou feeling and remember. It happens rarily but I am pretty sure it happens. There have been times I have felt things in my dreams. Not pain or anything but felt. I am aware for alot of my dreams. Sometimes taking active roles in them. THe best dream I ever had I saw the light in. I raise chickens and I had this one I named Lightning. He was a great bird. Loyal and nice. But he died. Killed by a coon. It saddened me greatly and I was beating myself up over it. Well that night or a few nights later. I had this weird dream. I was standing at the back of my house facing the back yard. There was this golden light surrounding everything. It was beautiful. It made you feel like you didn't have a care in the world. Seriously that is how you feel. Anyway I walked back to the chicken coop and there he was all fine. What makes this significant is that there were others that I remembered dieing and then there were the ones that I had forgotten about. All were fine. I talked to lightning. Well it looked like I was but I don't remember any words and didn't hear any. More hanged out with him I guess. I drifted in and out a few times but eventually I had to leave. When I woke up I remembered the whole thing (not something special as I tend to) but I was at peace. A warm peace and I haven't beaten myself up about it since.

I see ghosts too. Well not specially but my house is active. Though it isn't like I have the gift or anything it is just my house is active.

How do you people feel about magick. I ask before I tell the tale. (I am not lieing and am trying to make sure I don't over exagerate) Well those are some of my experiences.

• Like 1

I many times have spoken with dead people in my dreams. In your case it was dead chickens, and you were not speaking, but I know what you mean. I would say the most surreal was when my Grandmother appeared to me, and told me that I knew what I had to do, and that she was proud of me. It was during a turbulent time, and I was needing direction. Some would say they are just dreams, our subconscience telling us something we already know, but sometimes when I cannot find something, I just ask my grandmother where it is, and somehow, it appears very soon there after.

Who knows, and who cares. For those of us who draw strength and courage from our beliefs, they are apowerful and good thing, those who doubt, well, until they experience it themselves, they will always doubt, and it is more sad for them in my mind, than it is for me.

I am phyckic Well not by much. Just a tiny bit. I have had premintion dreams as you call them. Nothing ever important. One time I dreampt a day in I think it could have been 7 grade. But I was in elementry school and had no knowledge of it. I have dreampt other things as well. Boring none important stuff which I normally just forget until I get that deija Vou feeling and remember. It happens rarily but I am pretty sure it happens. There have been times I have felt things in my dreams. Not pain or anything but felt. I am aware for alot of my dreams. Sometimes taking active roles in them. THe best dream I ever had I saw the light in. I raise chickens and I had this one I named Lightning. He was a great bird. Loyal and nice. But he died. Killed by a coon. It saddened me greatly and I was beating myself up over it. Well that night or a few nights later. I had this weird dream. I was standing at the back of my house facing the back yard. There was this golden light surrounding everything. It was beautiful. It made you feel like you didn't have a care in the world. Seriously that is how you feel. Anyway I walked back to the chicken coop and there he was all fine. What makes this significant is that there were others that I remembered dieing and then there were the ones that I had forgotten about. All were fine. I talked to lightning. Well it looked like I was but I don't remember any words and didn't hear any. More hanged out with him I guess. I drifted in and out a few times but eventually I had to leave. When I woke up I remembered the whole thing (not something special as I tend to) but I was at peace. A warm peace and I haven't beaten myself up about it since.

I see ghosts too. Well not specially but my house is active. Though it isn't like I have the gift or anything it is just my house is active.

How do you people feel about magick. I ask before I tell the tale. (I am not lieing and am trying to make sure I don't over exagerate) Well those are some of my experiences.

I many times have spoken with dead people in my dreams. In your case it was dead chickens, and you were not speaking, but I know what you mean. I would say the most surreal was when my Grandmother appeared to me, and told me that I knew what I had to do, and that she was proud of me. It was during a turbulent time, and I was needing direction. Some would say they are just dreams, our subconscience telling us something we already know, but sometimes when I cannot find something, I just ask my grandmother where it is, and somehow, it appears very soon there after.

Who knows, and who cares. For those of us who draw strength and courage from our beliefs, they are apowerful and good thing, those who doubt, well, until they experience it themselves, they will always doubt, and it is more sad for them in my mind, than it is for me.

I know. LOL. That wasn't a dream and fuwee to all who disagree. I know when my dreams are dreams and when they are something else, but that is just me. I can't speak for the skills of others but I am more aware in my dreams than most I guess. I can remember them when I wake up. Most of them are just dreams. THings for my amusement. But and it hasn't happened for awhile I sometimes get those weird feeling ones. I am not as aware during those though and my awareness in my dreams has gotten more. I should go back to that book and work on controling them.

Its always the teenagers with the psychic powers. Hmm.

Hey I am about to leave my teens thankyou. I am turning 20 in march. :)

i have the ability to feel other peoples emotions, close range mind reading, . who else has powers??

I have the uncanny ability of vuja de.

It's the sense that you've heard bull**** somehow, somewhere before.

I miss George Carlin.

I have the uncanny ability of vuja de.

It's the sense that you've heard bull**** somehow, somewhere before.

I miss George Carlin.

What part of safely talk about your powers don't you understand!?

All of it, apparently. Didn't mean to offend, I apologize.

I don't think of myself as having 'powers' or anything like that however I am empathic and can spot a lie coming a mile away, both of these come from reading peoples body language. On the other hand, I always know who is on the other end when the phone rings (and I don't have caller ID lol) and there are times when some one will want to ask something and I know what it is before they say it or as an example I was in a group discussion and someone asked a question, she then changed her mind and said "Oh is that when..." the rest of the sentence was whispered to the person sitting next to her. I knew what the rest of the sentence was even though the topic was slightly out there. I know there is an explaination for all these things but at the same time still kinda cool

Whoa, listen man, safety doesn't mean freedom from challenge. If you are truly safe, you'll be able to defend your opinion with confidence, and not be threatened by any challenge.

I don't think of myself as having 'powers' or anything like that however I am empathic and can spot a lie coming a mile away, both of these come from reading peoples body language.

Yes! Reading body language is a lost art. I suggest you google "The naked ape", or look it up on youtube. Animals are able to communicate without spoken or written language. Humans communicate the same way, but we have lost our ability to consciously understand human body language.

On the other hand, I always know who is on the other end when the phone rings (and I don't have caller ID lol) and there are times when some one will want to ask something and I know what it is before they say it or as an example I was in a group discussion and someone asked a question, she then changed her mind and said "Oh is that when..." the rest of the sentence was whispered to the person sitting next to her. I knew what the rest of the sentence was even though the topic was slightly out there. I know there is an explaination for all these things but at the same time still kinda cool

This doesn't have anything to do with some sort of metaphysical event. The human brain can anticipate and predict events based on information it already has, or is being given. Don't mistake this natural part of humanity for some sort of metaphysical event. The vast majority of people polled report having at least one dream which has come true to some extent.

Blatant misconception arising from a biased opinion and general ignorance. Yay for analysis.

I don't think of myself as having 'powers' or anything like that however I am empathic and can spot a lie coming a mile away, both of these come from reading peoples body language. On the other hand, I always know who is on the other end when the phone rings (and I don't have caller ID lol) and there are times when some one will want to ask something and I know what it is before they say it or as an example I was in a group discussion and someone asked a question, she then changed her mind and said "Oh is that when..." the rest of the sentence was whispered to the person sitting next to her. I knew what the rest of the sentence was even though the topic was slightly out there. I know there is an explaination for all these things but at the same time still kinda cool

It is my understanding that all humans are essentially telepathic. It is our culture that has conditioned us to see it differently. Can you imagine a world where we can not lie to another.

So I see what you have described as natural skills that have been surpressed in most of us.

John

Blatant misconception arising from a biased opinion and general ignorance. Yay for analysis.

Okay then, it's USUALLY the teenagers with the psychic powers.