Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

people with abnormal powers

oz100

Uh, kevin7557. I highly suggest that during your research of the paranormal, you also research spelling and grammar. It would help with your credibility when trying to flame someone. Not to mention, try not to make statements as fact when they are your own personal bias. Those too will draw away from your credibility.

As to the OP.

I am a psychic. I won't attempt to prove it to anyone for I don't care. I don't do readings for others. Being psychic doesn't always mean future seeing. The word psychic is a broad based term that includes any specialized mental ability. I'd go into detail, but I don't care enough to do so. Hopefully you won't get anymore flame wars on this thread. Peace out. :innocent:

Woe woe. Yeah I know my grammer sucks sortof. I am pretty good on word but I try to uphold a sort of edicate here in forums which prevents me from speaking like I normally speak. Second I am not try to flame no one. You make claims you have to back them up and explain your inaccuracies when the keep amounting as hers did. My first post was in favor of her telling the truth then I read her post...Yeah I was wrong so I have to admit it and reform my opinion and move on just as if she comes back and proves me wrong then I will have to rinse and repeat

Okay the second comment is toward the OP. Congrats best of luck to you.

I meant 'conciously' (sp?)

Goodness.

I know we use 100% to keep our bodies and all that stuff in check.

Atmokenesis

Telekenesis

Electro

Magno

aero

seer

precognition

healer

severe psychic empathy :(

And someone much too wise for his age.

I can only talk to old people.

I have to pretend to be a fool when I hang out with my friends.

My birthstone is amythest and for some reason every time I see one I die from bliss.

Even before I knew it was my birthstone.

Woe woe. Yeah I know my grammer sucks sortof. I am pretty good on word but I try to uphold a sort of edicate here in forums which prevents me from speaking like I normally speak. Second I am not try to flame no one. You make claims you have to back them up and explain your inaccuracies when the keep amounting as hers did. My first post was in favor of her telling the truth then I read her post...Yeah I was wrong so I have to admit it and reform my opinion and move on just as if she comes back and proves me wrong then I will have to rinse and repeat

Okay the second comment is toward the OP. Congrats best of luck to you.

Not to worry Kev, just have a hard time reading it when I feel like I'm grading a paper for a class ^_^ .

Not to worry Kev, just have a hard time reading it when I feel like I'm grading a paper for a class ^_^ .

I had this problem with the flu (Or whatever it was) that kind of screwed with my head. It was horrible. Not that my writing was superb before hand but it declined in quality afterward. I think if you look for something that I posted in November or earlier you can see what I am referring to.

LOL. I get a few of these headaches every now and again. Last night I had one and now I have to go back and rework part of my book because of the degraded quality of the section. It was an action scene too. :(. What a pain in the *** that is going to be. I mean I can't believe I didn't think of that discription last night when I was writing that section. Such a pain.

I had this problem with the flu (Or whatever it was) that kind of screwed with my head. It was horrible. Not that my writing was superb before hand but it declined in quality afterward. I think if you look for something that I posted in November or earlier you can see what I am referring to.

LOL. I get a few of these headaches every now and again. Last night I had one and now I have to go back and rework part of my book because of the degraded quality of the section. It was an action scene too. :(. What a pain in the *** that is going to be. I mean I can't believe I didn't think of that discription last night when I was writing that section. Such a pain.

That's definately true. Usually when people are sick, their cognitive abilities go down. Hopefully you'll get better soon. :yes:

That's definately true. Usually when people are sick, their cognitive abilities go down. Hopefully you'll get better soon. :yes:

Thanks for letting me know. Yeah I am going to go to the doctor again soon. My health if you have seen my other posts hasn't been the best :lol: I got the chicken poxs three times. Thanks for the support. Have a good day.

Thanks for letting me know. Yeah I am going to go to the doctor again soon. My health if you have seen my other posts hasn't been the best :lol: I got the chicken poxs three times. Thanks for the support. Have a good day.

I'm so glad for my immune system. I can't get chicken pox, measles, poison ivy, poison oak, pink eye, and most other common illnesses. I can eat anything that's edible and I won't gain a single pound. I eat and drink things that are expired that others won't and it doesn't make me sick. The bad part of that? When everyone else is sick, I'm still the guy at work all the time. I don't even get the flu. I very rarely get a cold. What does that translate to? I work more. :hmm:

Get well soon. :tu:

Name: Shade

Abilities: Precognition, Empathy, And energy manipulation

Ever since i was about 9 years old ive been able to see the future. not only in dreams, but in random waking visions. During my freshman year in highschool, my empathy really kicked off, and you can imagine how aful it would be to be empathic around a bunch of emotional teens XD Anyways, after my empathy kicked off, i started looking for anything that could help me gain control over my abilities. after some quick websearching i found a website dedicated to the documentation of abilities that surpass normal human standards. This website has really helped me discover my true potential, and even make some friends with abilities of their own. not sure if i am allowed to say what the website is on this forum, so if you would like to get more info send me a PM and ill be sure to reply as quickly as i can. anyways, i think ive talked enough, im sure i look like a babbling idiot now, so i guess i will take my leave.

~~~~~THIR13EN~~~~~

Excellent thread.

Well my take on this is some people do have those abilities. From my perspective it has something to do with our DNA.

DNA are strands of libraries filled with information that determine our individual make up. In simple words the color of your eyes, what kind of hair (curly, straight), how tall....etc. These kind of determinations of what forms us into distinguishable traits come from the open libraries in our DNA. But there are several libraries that are dormant and we still don't know what information those DNA strands have. It is in my humble opinion that some of us may have been born with maybe one or two of those libraries that give some of us psychic powers or what ever other unusual traits that would seem to categories them with abnormal powers. I have no scientific facts as far as what or why those dormant DNA libraries are there but it seems to me that the information inside of those dormant DNA libraries give a person the ability to have such gifts. My guess here is that one day in the future when the human being evolves into it's next level those dormant libraries will open up and release the information contained in them. lolo

Excellent thread.

Well my take on this is some people do have those abilities. From my perspective it has something to do with our DNA.

DNA are strands of libraries filled with information that determine our individual make up. In simple words the color of your eyes, what kind of hair (curly, straight), how tall....etc. These kind of determinations of what forms us into distinguishable traits come from the open libraries in our DNA. But there are several libraries that are dormant and we still don't know what information those DNA strands have. It is in my humble opinion that some of us may have been born with maybe one or two of those libraries that give some of us psychic powers or what ever other unusual traits that would seem to categories them with abnormal powers. I have no scientific facts as far as what or why those dormant DNA libraries are there but it seems to me that the information inside of those dormant DNA libraries give a person the ability to have such gifts. My guess here is that one day in the future when the human being evolves into it's next level those dormant libraries will open up and release the information contained in them. lolo

Yes, but please refrain from calling the abilities, "powers." Many people can take offense at the word. Some with no ability, others with abilities that can be curses. :hmm:

Yes, but please refrain from calling the abilities, "powers." Many people can take offense at the word. Some with no ability, others with abilities that can be curses. :hmm:

You have an important point there. Perhaps the word 'gift' is appropriate. : )

You have an important point there. Perhaps the word 'gift' is appropriate. : )

I disagree as not all of the abilities would be considered gifts. Some would be curses or have horrible consequences everytime they are used. So I think the better term would be ability. Power implies that it is strength and some of them are utterly useless.

Hows about gift of the ability? Power doesnt seem to fit exactly... I agree.

Hows about gift of the ability? Power doesn't seem to fit exactly... I agree.

Gift doesn't fit either Too many abilities seem to be a hindrance. :hmm:

Gift doesn't fit either Too many abilities seem to be a hindrance. :hmm:

How bout we don't call it anything and just realize it's part of what defines our individuality.

Semantics problem solved, kthx :D

How bout we don't call it anything and just realize it's part of what defines our individuality.

Semantics problem solved, kthx :D

Nah, not at all, because there does have to be some kind of term to classify it. Otherwise how would someone address it? "Here's my individuality?" or "here's my ability."

Ability is the safest most apt term.

Nah, not at all, because there does have to be some kind of term to classify it. Otherwise how would someone address it? "Here's my individuality?"

That would open you up to the comments of how that may be the most accurate way to describe it.

Edited by aquatus1

Nah, not at all, because there does have to be some kind of term to classify it. Otherwise how would someone address it? "Here's my individuality?" or "here's my ability."

If you truly feel that way, then so be it. I just don't care for those terms simply due to the fact that saying you have a power and/or ability makes it sound as though you classify yourself above another. Additionally, I don't care for labels or classifications for things that aren't entirely tangible, but I respect your opinion.

I think its more a matter of practicality. If you mention that a person shouldn't get into a plane because you feel it is going to crash, you'll be a little out in the wind when they ask you why you feel that way, and you can only respond "I don't have a term for it."

Actually, that might sound even more pompous.

I think its more a matter of practicality. If you mention that a person shouldn't get into a plane because you feel it is going to crash, you'll be a little out in the wind when they ask you why you feel that way, and you can only respond "I don't have a term for it."

LOL fair enough, but it's just an odd situation regardless. You'll sound insane if you state that you used your 'mystic powers', arrogant if you state that you used your 'ability', and just plain weird if you say "I just know........"

Oh, Lets just say were "special talents".... lol

Okay fine be that way we will name it. God. :rolleyes:

Talent, Capability, A knack, potentiality, deftness (I like that one), THere we go. Choose one of those. :)

Assuming people had these abilities, then everyone else would have them too. I would look at it as more of a skill then an ability.

Your right though if people could do these things it would be hard to put them into a classification.

Assuming people had these abilities, then everyone else would have them too. I would look at it as more of a skill then an ability.

Your right though if people could do these things it would be hard to put them into a classification.

Aye, skill would work too sort of. But really, I'd attribute skill to something physical, not mental. Someone may have great skill in running, but have an inborn musical ability. That's where prodigy children come from. "Power" give a superior air, "skill" sounds like something done physically. Ability sounds more apt just due to they way it is percieved. You certainly wouldn't use it in normal conversation of course since any mention of things like these to an outside observer tends to already put one as a separate entity. I suppose it depends on the target of your communication. If they have ability, they'd understand. If they don't, they'll attribute your wording to something they understand.

Aye, skill would work too sort of. But really, I'd attribute skill to something physical, not mental. Someone may have great skill in running, but have an inborn musical ability. That's where prodigy children come from. "Power" give a superior air, "skill" sounds like something done physically. Ability sounds more apt just due to they way it is percieved. You certainly wouldn't use it in normal conversation of course since any mention of things like these to an outside observer tends to already put one as a separate entity. I suppose it depends on the target of your communication. If they have ability, they'd understand. If they don't, they'll attribute your wording to something they understand.

Everyone has the ability to play music, run or draw... Some people are just more creative then others and do it better after years of acquiring the skills to master their strong suits.

These 'prodigy' kids have the potential to become great musicians but without obtaining the skill sets necessary to realize their potential they never will. People are born more inclined to do certain things.

Lets just say here that people can read minds like in the movies, some of these people are more inclined towards it however without mastering how to do this and read specific thoughts they could never know what you were thinking about because a near endless amount of thoughts occur in our brains at any given time.

I really wouldn't class such abilities as paranormal if they existed, since everyone would be capable of learning how. I would class them like I would martial arts, painting and playing music.... There is not one person who couldn't learn how to paint or play music etc. However some people are just more inclined whether it be mentally, physically or creatively.