Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

people with abnormal powers

oz100

Then why has no one who makes these claims ever been able to do such a thing in controlled conditions? Do you understand why controlled conditions are so important and why a youtube video is easy to fake? Why is there no system for it in brain? There are no sections of the brain able to do this and if you say we only use 10% of our brain (something with no basis in reality) I will petition for remove of your keyboard.

Well, first off, I did not say that humans only use 10% of their brains, and like I said, if you want proof YOU must look for it, and if you deny proof given to you, then just go away because there is no use in trying to be proven if you deny. You do not have to believe, no one here in this stupid forum does, and if you want to find someone of "power" go find them yourself on your own time and not rely on other people's sources. Science does not explain everything, for science is not everything.

Well, first off, I did not say that humans only use 10% of their brains, and like I said, if you want proof YOU must look for it, and if you deny proof given to you, then just go away because there is no use in trying to be proven if you deny. You do not have to believe, no one here in this stupid forum does, and if you want to find someone of "power" go find them yourself on your own time and not rely on other people's sources. Science does not explain everything, for science is not everything.

That is because it is not proof, it is a video and it simply not verifiable.

Anyone who makes the claim is responsible for providing good quality evidence. Videos are not that.

No not everything is science, however, this is.

hmm... actually, i can provide some infos..

these are based on my experiences and other people's as well

first and formost, put aside any scientific hoola baloos or anything. period

well, it's some sort of a game rpg,it might sound be funny and not reliable..but it's what i've experienced/researched

i classified it into those

types:

clairvoyancy-time reading, past, present, future

healing-under revival, life giving, healing, quick recovery, power giving and stealing

illusion-not yet tackled/researched much, but can have doubles, make mirages

telekenises-mind reading, moving objects, *mind reading-encountered and have experience, moving objects-not yet

senses-super senses of course

medium-spirit communicator

well, those are the brief explanations of such activities i've encountered/experienced/researched.

...hmmm... i can't blame people if they deny or don't believe. cuz for as long as i'm concerned,

to see,feel, hear and touch is to believe, to experience is to believe more.

people will be looking for proofs...scientifically. it's not wrong..but it really gives us a hard time understanding

those ****s.its hard for us, for us who experience or have those gifts to understand it, so much for people who

dosn't have that and experience to understand those crap.

Edited by strings of fate

That is because it is not proof, it is a video and it simply not verifiable.

Anyone who makes the claim is responsible for providing good quality evidence. Videos are not that.

No not everything is science, however, this is.

I am not a resource for this stuff. If you have a problem with that, well... It is the human's problem if they claim something, and they DO NOT have to prove anything, for that is a right someone has. What is your definition of good quality evidence?

Members are reminded that this thread specifically assumes the existence of such powers, no matter how nonsensical the premise may be. Questioning of these skills is allowed, but the continued insistence that the entire genre (I just can't bring myself to call it a field) exists has already been asssumed for the sake of the discussion.

I am not a resource for this stuff. If you have a problem with that, well... It is the human's problem if they claim something, and they DO NOT have to prove anything, for that is a right someone has. What is your definition of good quality evidence?

Mine would an experiment done under controlled conditions and repeated.

what i've posted earlier, or reply is only my experiences... but those, i can't call powers or supernatural powers.

for those who have those, heck, we're not "HEROES". OR SUPER HEROES.

those are only the capacity of controlling of nature and man's capacities and harmonizing it.

i've learnt how to level things- that is, i won't go beyond the subject. because there are other

factors that may become more bizaare and intriguing if i added this kind of stuffs- the nature

spirits. but LOL, i haven't much have evidences and i'm not claiming that it's a full fact... let's just

assume here.

and still, its a touchy subject...

and science can't merely prove things... if you read the "the tao of physics" you can grasp

a thing of what science would seem and the mysterious side of philisophy-like our argument here...

you'll get something new insight....science and philisophy are in parallel...physical and spiritual are

also parallel. but LOL!!! you'll get a nose bleed reading that!!!

Edited by strings of fate

I meant 'conciously' (sp?)

Goodness.

I know we use 100% to keep our bodies and all that stuff in check.

I know about people who can literally read in others mind and even communicate straight in your mind.

• 4 weeks later...
I don't want to be the group skeptic here, but I've seen so many threads about people wanting to discuss their "powers." I don't understand. Psychic ability is all a part of human nature, it's just a matter of if we listen to our intuition and stay in tune with what is going on around us. It has nothing to do with power. Every person in the world is psychic in some way, but many choose to ignore that part of themselves or they just don't recognize it as such.

I know a lot of people who can pick up on others emotions, who have often finished a sentence I started, knew what I was thinking, and I also have done the same kinds of things. It often happens with people I know, but it's also happened with strangers. Haven't you ever gone into a room after people have been arguing and you can feel the heavy energy? Or, you parents have just shared some great news with each other and you walk into the room and can feel their joy? Or, your boss calls you in and you know what he's going to say next? I can bet you most every person here and everywhere else can relate to those experiences.

As for controlling the weather- I don't think so. However, you might be in tune to what will happen with the weather because of the signs that certain weather conditions bring. Weather is a natural phenomenon. I'm not trying to be cruel, but I'm 99.99 % sure that you, I, nor anyone else can control the weather.

I can't control the weather, only the wind. And I can only do it when there's already wind. I can make it stop continue become softer, become faster etc.

Controlling weather? Just because you cant do it. Just because no one you may possibly know cant do it. Just because you dont believe in the body's and mind's 'talents' that can be enhanced (hince that scientists have found we use only 10% of our brain) through excersises (sp?) does not mean they dont exist. :] Because honestly, you dont know what the mind and body can do. That leads to point that if you dont know what it 'can' do then you can't claim on anything that it 'can't' do. Unless it has been proven, then I will accept it. And yes, your probably like 'that is what I mean You have to speculate it 'can't' be done, because there is no proof.' Well, how do you prove that 'proof' is correct? Because when you are enhancing your natural abilities, and this also goes for when your trying to 'prove' something. How can you 'prove' something that takes a while to do.

This person could video tape his skill, and the results would be within the next day. But many would be like 'it was already in the forecast'

What makes you think stuff like this is all about 'instant' success? Because honestly, 'abilities' are mainly our own influence upon a force of nature, or any object or perhaps being. The greater the influence, the better and perhaps faster the results.

Thanks,

Full of secrets.

Yea, I'll videotape it outside my house by the willow tree so you can see the effects of the wind

Yea, I'll videotape it outside my house by the willow tree so you can see the effects of the wind

That is no use. It wouldn't show anything.

Do it in a lab, a air current can be created in there and that'll be evidence.

where can i find a lab?

Here's a question for you. If you do not believe that this is possible or plausible which appears to be the case, why are you on a forum that discusses and consists of people who believe it is real? What do you get out of it? Joy, Pleasure, Satisfaction? Ruining other peoples discussions, does it bring you a sick kind of joy? In which case what kind of person would you consider yourself to be? When you look in the mirror are your generally happy with what you see or do you just stare into it with a self loathing for what you have become?

Further more another question to be posed. Can you prove it doesn't exist? Absence of proof is not proof of absence. Can you bring up videos disproving beyond a scientific doubt that it doesn't exist? Other than your opinion, and if we go off of an equality scale based on what you have said in consideration to what those that believe it exists, which makes you opinion just as worthless without you scientific proof of certainty, can you prove these powers none existence?

Further more if you can prove that can you also prove the none existence of gods and goddesses? If you can, do you have any faith or do you have no belief in any god(s) or goddess(es), if you do not that equivocates to the fact that our existence as individuals is essentially worthless and pointless (and be equivalents yours as well) and that only the whole as a species has value. In which case doesn't mean that we must begin ridding ourselves of less desirable characters of our species so that we can be great as a species because as individuals we have no worth what so ever other than what we do to continue the species existence and ascension to even greater greatness.

Another question for you to prove is that if god is all powerful why can't he allow such powers to exist? If he cannot then he is not and if he is not then the basic foundation of all faith is wrong and thus people are worshiping something that is no better than themselves and just in a different form. Thus answer for this question, Why can't god allow such powers to exist?

Another interesting question. Under the quantum physics why is it that given the way molecules act in relation to each other and the general function of the brain, why can't such powers be generated? Under basic scientific principle the possibility must lie there or we have to redo all of our physics to correlate to this new rebalance.

Also since you are able to question the nature of my belief, I by default am able to question yours. Now if science is so perfect why is it that there are always discoveries being made that force us to rethink what we knew? If it is perfect then it should never have to be rethinked. Thus because it is not perfect maybe it is the problem in the equation and not what it is calculating and trying to prove. How is it that science can measure something which it doesn't believe to exist? If you don't believe it to exist how can you have measurements standards and machines which would be needed to measure such a phenomenon? Further if science is merely excepted opinion which is provable by the fact it is always changing, then how can it be sure such "powers" don't exist? Wouldn't that equivocate to just current excepted fact which is subject to change. Also if science is 100 percent on these powers nonexistence why isn't there laws stating such? If there is no laws stating such doesn't that mean that it is only YOUR opinion that these powers don't exist? And given earlier speculation on the powers none existence disproving god, as they are in the same category, which made you worthless as only the species has any worth and any belief otherwise is a delusion, you opinion doesn't have any valor or worth to it. Thus you are merely running your mouth about something in an area you should be talking in. And that is scientific deduction which comes to that conclusion. Disprove me on this and if you are able to then you have proven the very thing you have said doesn't exist.

Here's a question for you. If you do not believe that this is possible or plausible which appears to be the case, why are you on a forum that discusses and consists of people who believe it is real? What do you get out of it? Joy, Pleasure, Satisfaction? Ruining other peoples discussions, does it bring you a sick kind of joy? In which case what kind of person would you consider yourself to be? When you look in the mirror are your generally happy with what you see or do you just stare into it with a self loathing for what you have become?

I really don't think it matters why Matt is hear, the question is irrelevant. It would be wise to stay away from personal attacks, as this topic is not about how

Matt feels about himself.

Further more another question to be posed. Can you prove it doesn't exist? Absence of proof is not proof of absence. Can you bring up videos disproving beyond a scientific doubt that it doesn't exist? Other than your opinion, and if we go off of an equality scale based on what you have said in consideration to what those that believe it exists, which makes you opinion just as worthless without you scientific proof of certainty, can you prove these powers none existence?

There is no need to prove powers don't exist. There has NEVER been any reliable evidence to say that abnormal powers do exist in the first place.

Besides, the one making the claim needs to provide the evidence to back up said power, thats how it works.

Personally, I felt the rest of the post was irrelevant to the topic being discussed.

Wow, this posted conversation is still going? I am surprised. Oh well, nice speech Kevin.

lol at people calling it 'abnormal' if anything its more 'normal' than people think, personally to me its a primitive skill many of us have forgotten/lost touch with...but that's just me

and no it's not a power, it just is like breathing

where can i find a lab?

Go to any well known university.

I'm willing to be proven wrong. Sorry it upsets you so much :)

Further more if you can prove that can you also prove the none existence of gods and goddesses? If you can, do you have any faith or do you have no belief in any god(s) or goddess(es), if you do not that equivocates to the fact that our existence as individuals is essentially worthless and pointless (and be equivalents yours as well) and that only the whole as a species has value. In which case doesn't mean that we must begin ridding ourselves of less desirable characters of our species so that we can be great as a species because as individuals we have no worth what so ever other than what we do to continue the species existence and ascension to even greater greatness.

Two points. Moro made one, the burden of proof is on the claimant of the extraordinary

The second is that you cannot prove a negative, so which absence of proof is not proof of absence it is in fact strong evidence of it.

Another question for you to prove is that if god is all powerful why can't he allow such powers to exist? If he cannot then he is not and if he is not then the basic foundation of all faith is wrong and thus people are worshiping something that is no better than themselves and just in a different form. Thus answer for this question, Why can't god allow such powers to exist?

Conjecture based on conjecture

Another interesting question. Under the quantum physics why is it that given the way molecules act in relation to each other and the general function of the brain, why can't such powers be generated? Under basic scientific principle the possibility must lie there or we have to redo all of our physics to correlate to this new rebalance.

QM only matters on a quantum scale, it does not affect all physics and all the evidence shows it does not affect neurology because neurons are too big.

Also since you are able to question the nature of my belief, I by default am able to question yours. Now if science is so perfect why is it that there are always discoveries being made that force us to rethink what we knew? If it is perfect then it should never have to be rethinked. Thus because it is not perfect maybe it is the problem in the equation and not what it is calculating and trying to prove. How is it that science can measure something which it doesn't believe to exist? If you don't believe it to exist how can you have measurements standards and machines which would be needed to measure such a phenomenon? Further if science is merely excepted opinion which is provable by the fact it is always changing, then how can it be sure such "powers" don't exist? Wouldn't that equivocate to just current excepted fact which is subject to change. Also if science is 100 percent on these powers nonexistence why isn't there laws stating such? If there is no laws stating such doesn't that mean that it is only YOUR opinion that these powers don't exist? And given earlier speculation on the powers none existence disproving god, as they are in the same category, which made you worthless as only the species has any worth and any belief otherwise is a delusion, you opinion doesn't have any valor or worth to it. Thus you are merely running your mouth about something in an area you should be talking in. And that is scientific deduction which comes to that conclusion. Disprove me on this and if you are able to then you have proven the very thing you have said doesn't exist.

Feeling insecure are you? How about instead of moaning and making badly thought out post you go and back up your beliefs? I can't disprove something with no evidence, that is an impossibility, there is nothing to disprove.

My argument is perfectly valid, if you can find a glaring real error (not the logical fallacy of proving a negative) feel free to you show why it is illogical.

My logic: I don't believe in these powers as there is no evidence pertaining to them.

Sorry kid but you need to learn what science is before making arguments involving it.

Members are reminded that this thread specifically assumes the existence of such powers, no matter how nonsensical the premise may be. Questioning of these skills is allowed, but the continued insistence that the entire genre exists has already been assumed for the sake of the discussion.

I really don't think it matters why Matt is hear, the question is irrelevant. It would be wise to stay away from personal attacks, as this topic is not about how

Matt feels about himself.

There is no need to prove powers don't exist. There has NEVER been any reliable evidence to say that abnormal powers do exist in the first place.

Besides, the one making the claim needs to provide the evidence to back up said power, thats how it works.

Personally, I felt the rest of the post was irrelevant to the topic being discussed.

Actually through the claim he makes it has everything to do with it.

I'm willing to be proven wrong. Sorry it upsets you so much :)

Two points. Moro made one, the burden of proof is on the claimant of the extraordinary

The second is that you cannot prove a negative, so which absence of proof is not proof of absence it is in fact strong evidence of it.

Conjecture based on conjecture

QM only matters on a quantum scale, it does not affect all physics and all the evidence shows it does not affect neurology because neurons are too big.

Feeling insecure are you? How about instead of moaning and making badly thought out post you go and back up your beliefs? I can't disprove something with no evidence, that is an impossibility, there is nothing to disprove.

My argument is perfectly valid, if you can find a glaring real error (not the logical fallacy of proving a negative) feel free to you show why it is illogical.

My logic: I don't believe in these powers as there is no evidence pertaining to them.

Sorry kid but you need to learn what science is before making arguments involving it.

No your not and that is arrogance in its prime.

First correct. You claim it doesn't exist thus you now have to prove it. It works both ways. Second only idiots can't prove a negative. It is basic knowledge that everything has an effect on everything and through coarse of action negatives are provable and thus is why science has proven negatives pretty well so far. Try the black hole method it works quiet nicely if I do say so myself.

You might want to rethink that last statement as the point went right over your head. Energy is energy and thus can interact on many levels.

Insecure. LoL LMAO ROFL... ah that is priceless. Man that made my day. Owe that so priceless its funny. Again yes you can. Disproving evidence and finding evidence that disproves are two different things in and of themselves. LOL. For a person who uses science you sure don't want to use it correctly in all of its supposed glory.

Logic involves reason and intelligents. Without ether there is no logic only ignorance and bigotry.

Ah an Ageist. How quant. LOL I need to learn science wow, that coming from the person who can't prove a negative. LMAO priceless, truly priceless.

Actually through the claim he makes it has everything to do with it.

No your not and that is arrogance in its prime.

First correct. You claim it doesn't exist thus you now have to prove it. It works both ways. Second only idiots can't prove a negative. It is basic knowledge that everything has an effect on everything and through coarse of action negatives are provable and thus is why science has proven negatives pretty well so far. Try the black hole method it works quiet nicely if I do say so myself.

You might want to rethink that last statement as the point went right over your head. Energy is energy and thus can interact on many levels.

Insecure. LoL LMAO ROFL... ah that is priceless. Man that made my day. Owe that so priceless its funny. Again yes you can. Disproving evidence and finding evidence that disproves are two different things in and of themselves. LOL. For a person who uses science you sure don't want to use it correctly in all of its supposed glory.

Logic involves reason and intelligents. Without ether there is no logic only ignorance and bigotry.

Ah an Ageist. How quant. LOL I need to learn science wow, that coming from the person who can't prove a negative. LMAO priceless, truly priceless.

Sorry but you are dead wrong fella. You cannot prove a negative. It is basic science, you have to evidence a claim, no evidence means it can be rejected as nothing more than conjecture.

Please tell me how you can prove something does not exist realistically? You can't.

Show me scientific papers that prove a negative. I'll be waiting.

Yes energy is energy and in biology it comes from the break down of carbohydrates and lipids. So what. It is nothing to do with QM however. QM has failed to show any importance in neurology.

There is no evidence to disprove (or more accurately there is nothing to falsify).

An Argument from ignorance.

As I said I don't believe it this to be real, but I am willing to accept evidence to the contrary.

Now if you want to discuss this further please IM me, but your still very wrong about science and proving negatives.

Edited by Mattshark

Sorry but you are dead wrong fella. You cannot prove a negative. It is basic science, you have to evidence a claim, no evidence means it can be rejected as nothing more than conjecture.

Please tell me how you can prove something does not exist realistically? You can't.

Of course you can reject. It is your right to reject everything even if it has been proved over and over.

Show me scientific papers that prove a negative. I'll be waiting.
You cannot lick your elbows, animals with wingspan bigger than "?" cannot fly, nobody can run 1 mile in 4 minutes.

Yes energy is energy and in biology it comes from the break down of carbohydrates and lipids. So what. It is nothing to do with QM however. QM has failed to show any importance in neurology.
QM is?

There is no evidence to disprove (or more accurately there is nothing to falsify).
It works both ways.

An Argument from ignorance.

As I said I don't believe it this to be real, but I am willing to accept evidence to the contrary.

Now if you want to discuss this further please IM me, but your still very wrong about science and proving negatives.

Bravo. Edited by AGoodWriter

Of course you can reject. It is your right to reject everything even if it has been proved over and over.

Yes but that is wilful ignorance

You cannot lick your elbows, animals with wingspan bigger than "?" cannot fly, nobody can run 1 mile in 4 minutes.

You can't prove any of those things. And I can actually lick my elbow ;) (ask Cetacea next time she is on line, she has witnessed this.

QM is?

Quantum mechanics

It works both ways.

It doesn't. You have to evidence your claim, you don't prove that something with no evidence does not exist. You can't prove a negative. It is a logical fallacy.

If you wish to discuss this further IM me to prevent thread disruption.

But make no mistake an about 2 points

It is up to the claimant to back up there claim.

You cannot prove a negative.

Yes but that is wilful ignorance
Ya i'm just saying you can.

You can't prove any of those things. And I can actually lick my elbow ;) (ask Cetacea next time she is on line, she has witnessed this.
I believe you about the elbow part. But look at the 4 minute mile. People have been going about that for so long.

Quantum mechanics
Ahh ok

It doesn't. You have to evidence your claim, you don't prove that something with no evidence does not exist. You can't prove a negative. It is a logical fallacy.
The four minute mile

It is up to the claimant to back up there claim.

We have all made claims. We must each back up our own.

Edited by AGoodWriter

I believe you about the elbow part. But look at the 4 minute mile. People have been going about that for so long.

+

The four minute mile

Not proven, not done, is not the same a proven to not exist. For all you know someone did it in the middle of nowhere but it wasn't recorded.

It is not a proven negative.

We have all made claims. We must each back up our own.

How do you back up a claim that there is no tap dancing cat in the Mariana Trench?