Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

people with abnormal powers

oz100

That dont sound quite right, I understand what your saying. I bet someone gets confused lol, but I agree a repeatable phenomena would be the best way to come up with a valid theory.

My bad. I meant to say "You wouldn't even need an explanation of why it works, as long as you could explain how it works".

I dont realy think a human would be capable of using the amount of energy required to overcome known forces and not deplet themselves. I think the first thing one should think about is what energy is being used, is it something thats already bein discoverd or is it an unknown energy yet to be discovered.

The arguments that whatever energy this is originate from the mid has been pretty throughly covered. If there is some sort of phenomena, and it does involve energy, it is unlikely to originate from the human mind.

Well now here is the thing about testing though. Most tests would involve a violation of human rights and privacy. Illegal genetics and the sort. As the powers are generated in the brain or the energy or whatever is going on in there. Though I do think science wouldn't except it. It wouldn't be the first time. I have joke about this, Big foot could walk up and kick them in the balls and they still wouldn't believe big foot was real. Which is sad but true.

Not really, you'd just need a powerful person who could demonstrate the "powers" in a controlled environment, and if that powerful someone agrees he/she could "show off" to other skeptical scientists... Though I'm not sure if we can call this experiment "repeatable" as it's just the one person who can perform it... Science isn't about "accepting" anything, it's about researching of the facts etc... It's objective...

Well no I wasn't basing it off of a tv show (even though it was awesome), I was giving a reference. Plus it was awesome, she knew she was going to die and he stayed with her instead of killing her like he was asked.

You know what I mean, if it's on a tv-show etc. it loses some credibility... So instead just provide a logical argument... :)

mind powers are apart of evolution and devine rights soon enough in 2012 we will all ascend. for the skeptics be afraid cause you will be left behind.

And "true believers" like this really discredits the research on the subject as well... No offence...

I think the first thing one should think about is what energy is being used, is it something thats already bein discoverd or is it an unknown energy yet to be discovered.

I'd first try to produce the effect with the energies we know, before guessing about an unknown energy which has eluded scientists for a millenia...

The arguments that whatever energy this is originate from the mid has been pretty throughly covered. If there is some sort of phenomena, and it does involve energy, it is unlikely to originate from the human mind.

It doesn't need to originate from the human mind, or the body for that matter... I think it only needs to be controlled by the human mind (through the body usually, but still, it's the mind that pulls the strings)...

Edited by N080DY

mind powers are apart of evolution and devine rights soon enough in 2012 we will all ascend. for the skeptics be afraid cause you will be left behind.

Yes finally the illogical will be gone and us logical people can make the world a better place. Just question but where are you ascending too?

My bad. I meant to say "You wouldn't even need an explanation of why it works, as long as you could explain how it works".

I never implied it came from the mind, infact Im not even talking about energy that could be produced in a human. I was talking about what energy could effect matter in ways these abilities describe.

Not really, you'd just need a powerful person who could demonstrate the "powers" in a controlled environment, and if that powerful someone agrees he/she could "show off" to other skeptical scientists... Though I'm not sure if we can call this experiment "repeatable" as it's just the one person who can perform it... Science isn't about "accepting" anything, it's about researching of the facts etc... It's objective...

You know what I mean, if it's on a tv-show etc. it loses some credibility... So instead just provide a logical argument... :)

And "true believers" like this really discredits the research on the subject as well... No offence...

I'd first try to produce the effect with the energies we know, before guessing about an unknown energy which has eluded scientists for a millenia...

It doesn't need to originate from the human mind, or the body for that matter... I think it only needs to be controlled by the human mind (through the body usually, but still, it's the mind that pulls the strings)...

I agree first testing how energy we know about effects matter would be the logical step but I have to say that an unknown energy could be possable after all it wouldnt be eluding scientists if they never looked for it or had a reason to look for it. I have been leaning towards so form of electromagneticism.

The force that the electromagnetic field exerts on electrically charged particles, called the electromagnetic force, is one of the fundamental forces. The other fundamental forces are strong nuclear force (which holds atomic nuclei together), the weak nuclear force and the gravitational force. All other forces are ultimately derived from these fundamental forces.

The electromagnetic force is the one responsible for practically all the phenomena encountered in daily life, with the exception of gravity. All the forces involved in interactions between atoms can be traced to the electromagnetic force acting on the electrically charged protons and electrons inside the atoms. This includes the forces we experience in "pushing" or "pulling" ordinary material objects, which come from the intermolecular forces between the individual molecules in our bodies and those in the objects. It also includes all forms of chemical phenomena, which arise from interactions between electron orbitals.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electromagnetism

This to me could give explaination to why one could move an object without physically appling force.

I agree that if it is on tv it has a probability of being wrong or marketed toward the masses. THis reference I was giving was not one of those cases. It as a small part of a Justice league episode and has nothing to do with any paranormal show. Like I said just a reference so that people can see what I am referring to.

Also I don't take anything for less just because it is on tv. If TV were that bad it should be made illegal. Also all I would have to do is not mention a show and you wouldn't know if I got it from a show or if I found it else where. TV is a medium nothing more nothing less. Some peoples info will be great and some will be horrible, just like every other medium out there. Books, internet, word of mouth, ext. It is up to the person hearing, reading, seeing to do the leg work to figure out if it is true or not.

I agree first testing how energy we know about effects matter would be the logical step but I have to say that an unknown energy could be possable after all it wouldnt be eluding scientists if they never looked for it or had a reason to look for it. I have been leaning towards so form of electromagneticism.

Fair enough, might be, but I still think the more probable scenario is that scientists would've "bumbed into" this energy at some point, but yeah, it's a possibility... Also one "energy" that scientists think exists, but don't have anything solid on the matter, is dark energy...

The electromagnetic force is the one responsible for practically all the phenomena encountered in daily life, with the exception of gravity. All the forces involved in interactions between atoms can be traced to the electromagnetic force acting on the electrically charged protons and electrons inside the atoms. This includes the forces we experience in "pushing" or "pulling" ordinary material objects, which come from the intermolecular forces between the individual molecules in our bodies and those in the objects. It also includes all forms of chemical phenomena, which arise from interactions between electron orbitals.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electromagnetism

This to me could give explaination to why one could move an object without physically appling force.

Humans (and all matter I think, not sure) have a small electromagnetic-field (or electric, I'm not sure actually, just did a short googleing but found nothing definate), in humans this electromagnetic field is a bit more powerful because of our nervous system... I rised this point in another topic about aura-seeing (that maybe the "aura" they're sensing is the electromagnetic field of humans)... But if humans could affect the field with the way they think/focus, it could explain something, don't know what... Don't even know if that's possible...

Fair enough, might be, but I still think the more probable scenario is that scientists would've "bumbed into" this energy at some point, but yeah, it's a possibility... Also one "energy" that scientists think exists, but don't have anything solid on the matter, is dark energy...

Humans (and all matter I think, not sure) have a small electromagnetic-field (or electric, I'm not sure actually, just did a short googleing but found nothing definate), in humans this electromagnetic field is a bit more powerful because of our nervous system... I rised this point in another topic about aura-seeing (that maybe the "aura" they're sensing is the electromagnetic field of humans)... But if humans could affect the field with the way they think/focus, it could explain something, don't know what... Don't even know if that's possible...

Cosmologists around the world have built up a description of the culprit responsible for the acceleration: it accounts for two-thirds of the cosmic energy density; it is gravitationally repulsive; it does not appear to cluster in galaxies; it was last seen stretching space–time apart; and it goes by the assumed name of "dark energy".

http://physicsworld.com/cws/article/print/19419

This is just a short clipping I took that gives some characteristics of dark energy. You can read more on it with the link but I cant really see how dark energy would be used to preform psychic phenomena. If I missed something or you noticed something I didnt that could give it weight towards its useage please explain.

Im still researching into all the laws and theories around electromagnetism, but what I have learned is that its responsible for practically all the phenomena encountered in daily life, that it works on atomic levels, its force is greater then gravity, and it doesnt have a limit to range(still kinda unclear what that actually means). It is one of the most common forces that effect matter on this planet other then gravity, however I cant say that to be definately though as im still researching it.

Cosmologists around the world have built up a description of the culprit responsible for the acceleration: it accounts for two-thirds of the cosmic energy density; it is gravitationally repulsive; it does not appear to cluster in galaxies; it was last seen stretching space–time apart; and it goes by the assumed name of "dark energy".

http://physicsworld.com/cws/article/print/19419

This is just a short clipping I took that gives some characteristics of dark energy. You can read more on it with the link but I cant really see how dark energy would be used to preform psychic phenomena. If I missed something or you noticed something I didnt that could give it weight towards its useage please explain.

The point was, it's still theoretical, scientists think it exists but they only see what it does on the large-scale... We don't know it's exact properties, what it can do, or if it even really exists, it's just a theoretical hypothesis on something scientists have measured... Because we don't know all that it could do, you could use it as the energy in psychic hypotheses... No one will question if that energy exists or not, you'd just have to prove at some point that it actually can make "psychic phenomena"... If you get any of that...

Im still researching into all the laws and theories around electromagnetism, but what I have learned is that its responsible for practically all the phenomena encountered in daily life, that it works on atomic levels, its force is greater then gravity, and it doesnt have a limit to range(still kinda unclear what that actually means). It is one of the most common forces that effect matter on this planet other then gravity, however I cant say that to be definately though as im still researching it.

Yeah, you're right on this... You've heard about how we've been transmitting radio to the outer-space for quite some time now right? Radio works on the electromagnetic field-principle... It doesn't weaken and is a great way to relay information (like radio programs etc.)... It's the most common force because it is the force that keeps molecyles etc. together, and I think we all know how many of those are around us... :)

The point was, it's still theoretical, scientists think it exists but they only see what it does on the large-scale...

The point actually was that, because it is a theoretical science, the reason the phenomena was predicted was because it was based on logical and mathematical arguments as opposed to physical evidence.

You can't just call a phenomena theoretical simply because it doesn't have physical evidence. Not if you want to remain credible.

Because we don't know all that it could do, you could use it as the energy in psychic hypotheses...

That's the equivalent of saying that because you don't understand all the properties of your scientific calculator, their might be a function that allows you to move objects at a distance.

No one will question if that energy exists or not, you'd just have to prove at some point that it actually can make "psychic phenomena"... If you get any of that...

That has to be your starting point. The downside to theoretical sciences is that you are already maxed out on your quota of assumptions.

The point actually was that, because it is a theoretical science, the reason the phenomena was predicted was because it was based on logical and mathematical arguments as opposed to physical evidence.

So you're telling me what my point was? Even if I'm wrong, I'm pretty sure I know what I mean... So do/can these logical and mathematical arguments tell us all the characteristics of dark energy? What I understand from dark energy is that it's supposed to explain why Universe seems to rapidly expand, this Dark Energy is everywhere and it's still hypothetical... Please tell me if there's something relevant I missed cause I'd really like to know :)

You can't just call a phenomena theoretical simply because it doesn't have physical evidence. Not if you want to remain credible.

I don't think I've called any phenomena theoretical simply because it doesn't have physical evidence... I know psychic phenomena isn't theoretical yet, cause there are no proper hypotheses/theories about it... Other than "hallucination", trick of the eye and the like...

That's the equivalent of saying that because you don't understand all the properties of your scientific calculator, their might be a function that allows you to move objects at a distance.

Except that I definately know that he calculator is made to calculate... Dark Energy is theoretical, and correct me if I'm wrong, we can't predict everything it does or can do (especially on a smaller scale)... Bad metaphors (or whatever) aside, I see what you're getting at... I know I'm not an expert on the matter or even a scientist, so please tell/explain me what's wrong with my so called "hypotheses" as I'm quite interested in the subject... :) I thought that predicting if Dark Energy could be the source of these psychic phenomena would be better than inventing a whole new energy which specifically makes the said phenomena possible... So are the arguments behind Dark Energy that definite that we can predict exactly everything it does?

That has to be your starting point. The downside to theoretical sciences is that you are already maxed out on your quota of assumptions.

To be honest, I had no idea theoretical sciences had a maxed out assumption limit... By proving I meant an actual experiment and/or data, and we would need those said logical and mathematical arguments before that if we indeed are going to try the theoretical approach on psychic phenomena... Like I said, I'm not an expert, but I still would like to know more if you'd care to explain (or a show a source where I could learn more) :)

The point was, it's still theoretical, scientists think it exists but they only see what it does on the large-scale... We don't know it's exact properties, what it can do, or if it even really exists, it's just a theoretical hypothesis on something scientists have measured... Because we don't know all that it could do, you could use it as the energy in psychic hypotheses... No one will question if that energy exists or not, you'd just have to prove at some point that it actually can make "psychic phenomena"... If you get any of that...

Yeah, you're right on this... You've heard about how we've been transmitting radio to the outer-space for quite some time now right? Radio works on the electromagnetic field-principle... It doesn't weaken and is a great way to relay information (like radio programs etc.)... It's the most common force because it is the force that keeps molecyles etc. together, and I think we all know how many of those are around us... :)

Well I stated that I dont thnk that dark matter explains psychic phenomena but your right you cant rule it out since the understading of it is still being worked on but I still lean towards electormagneticism. Id also like to explain to you a little about the electromagnetic spectrum, radio is actually light radiation with a wavelength of ranging from hundreds of meters to about one millimeter, then comes microwave, infared, visible light(is what your eyes can see), Ultraviolet, X-rays, and finally gamma rays.

The electromagnetic field can be viewed as the combination of an electric field and a magnetic field. The electric field is produced by stationary charges, and the magnetic field by moving charges. These two are often described as the sources of the field. The way in which charges and currents interact with the electromagnetic field is described by Maxwell's equations and the Lorentz force law.

Your absoultly right with out this force atoms could not maintain themselves. The electromagnetic force is what holds electrons and protons together in atoms, and which hold atoms together to make molecules. However a concern ive releazied is I havent been able to find out what would happen to the atom and molcule if the force was altered or even if its possable to alter using an outside force. For example and simplfication if you were to expose an atom to a stronger electromegnetic force. Though Im sure this has been tested I mean I cant see why scientist wouldnt try it. More research is needed on my part.

I figure I should through this link out for those that might want to better understand what is known and how it was discovered so to speak. http://physicsworld.com/cws/article/print/19419 from what I can understand from the article dark energy isnt found on earth.

Edited by insanemind

Well I stated that I dont thnk that dark matter explains psychic phenomena but your right you cant rule it out since the understading of it is still being worked on but I still lean towards electormagneticism.

Like I said in the previous post, I would think it as "the next best thing" instead of inventing a whole new energy... I would go with electromagnetism myself... :)

Id also like to explain to you a little about the electromagnetic spectrum, radio is actually light radiation with a wavelength of ranging from hundreds of meters to about one millimeter, then comes microwave, infared, visible light(is what your eyes can see), Ultraviolet, X-rays, and finally gamma rays.

light = electromagnetic radiation: Wikipedia page of electromagnetic field... :unsure:

I'm pretty sure about the stuff I say concerning electromagnetism as I've studied at least part of it quite recently... Did you have a point there?

However a concern ive releazied is I havent been able to find out what would happen to the atom and molcule if the force was altered or even if its possable to alter using an outside force. For example and simplfication if you were to expose an atom to a stronger electromegnetic force. Though Im sure this has been tested I mean I cant see why scientist wouldnt try it. More research is needed on my part.

I got no idea or opinion of this whatsoever... Good luck with it... :)

I figure I should through this link out for those that might want to better understand what is known and how it was discovered so to speak. http://physicsworld.com/cws/article/print/19419 from what I can understand from the article dark energy isnt found on earth.

Sorry, a bit lazy, long article with bunch of technical terms, so I just browsed through it mostly... Wikipedia has it's articles more organised and I can easily find the stuff I need... :)

Like I said in the previous post, I would think it as "the next best thing" instead of inventing a whole new energy... I would go with electromagnetism myself... :)

light = electromagnetic radiation: Wikipedia page of electromagnetic field... :unsure:

I'm pretty sure about the stuff I say concerning electromagnetism as I've studied at least part of it quite recently... Did you have a point there?

I got no idea or opinion of this whatsoever... Good luck with it... :)

Sorry, a bit lazy, long article with bunch of technical terms, so I just browsed through it mostly... Wikipedia has it's articles more organised and I can easily find the stuff I need... :)

Yes your right dark energy is more then likely going to become the 5th fundamental force in physics, Im just trying to move the topic away from dark energy something we have minimual understanding of and to get us to discuss the possable applications that electromagnetism might have in preforming pyschic phenomena. I wasnt actually speaking towards you when I explained the spectrum just trying to explain for anybody that might stumble in here in an attempt to better educate some of the false claimers. So no I didnt really have point just clarifing what you said, remember were not the only ones reding this least I hope lol. As much as I like the simplifaction of Wiki, I use it more as a jump start then the final truth, it is after all a technical field of science.

Im a bit disapponted you have no idea or opinion on the interaction between electromagnetic force and atoms. Thats pretty much what Im trying to discuss. For example and this is just an example, it could be technically incorrect. Ok using the ability telekinesis for this example, the brain however it might happen increases the electomagnetic force on lets say a can by doing this your electromagnetic force is compelling the matter of the can to respond with attraction towards lets say your hand by doing this you easly overcome friction and gravitatinol pull since the electromagnetic force is stronger then gravities pull down the can moves across the air and into your hand. The process that happens is your force is attracting the atoms and molecules that make up the can to your hand. Let me just say one more time this is all theoritcal and doesnt yet have supporting data to even say its possable.

Yes your right dark energy is more then likely going to become the 5th fundamental force in physics, Im just trying to move the topic away from dark energy something we have minimual understanding of and to get us to discuss the possable applications that electromagnetism might have in preforming pyschic phenomena. I wasnt actually speaking towards you when I explained the spectrum just trying to explain for anybody that might stumble in here in an attempt to better educate some of the false claimers. So no I didnt really have point just clarifing what you said, remember were not the only ones reding this least I hope lol. As much as I like the simplifaction of Wiki, I use it more as a jump start then the final truth, it is after all a technical field of science.

Fair enough, I just tend to forget other people from time to time... :)

Im a bit disapponted you have no idea or opinion on the interaction between electromagnetic force and atoms. Thats pretty much what Im trying to discuss. For example and this is just an example, it could be technically incorrect. Ok using the ability telekinesis for this example, the brain however it might happen increases the electomagnetic force on lets say a can by doing this your electromagnetic force is compelling the matter of the can to respond with attraction towards lets say your hand by doing this you easly overcome friction and gravitatinol pull since the electromagnetic force is stronger then gravities pull down the can moves across the air and into your hand. The process that happens is your force is attracting the atoms and molecules that make up the can to your hand. Let me just say one more time this is all theoritcal and doesnt yet have supporting data to even say its possable.

Mainly because I haven't thought about it much, so don't have any hypotheses on the matter, and a quick google-/wiki-search didn't reveal anything on the matter either... Like I said before, I think humans have an electromagnetic field, which is somewhat enhanced with the human nervous system (I'm not sure though, could be wrong)... Here's one hypothesis, please someone correct me if it isn't possible... If you could somehow increase the neural activity (so that it leads to an incresed electromagnetic field) by concentrating in your hand for example, it could provide some results... The problem I have with this is that atoms (and molecyles and objects) are neutral, meaning that the electromagnetism keeps the electrons and protons together, but doesn't go further than that cause their fields cancel eachother or something... I think... That's the impression I've got... So you'd need a strong electromagnetic field or you'd need to be closer to the object... Not sure though, electromagnetism is a tough subject and I haven't really studied it in this sense... Just what it basically is, what it does to charged particles and the like... :unsure2:

• 2 weeks later...

to doubt your intuition is to doubt your self underestimating your own being.

IT IS VERY EASY TO SAY " I HAVE THIS SPECIAL POWER OR SUPERNATURAL ABILITY OR ABILITIES". COMMON, PLEASE PROVIDE VIDEO CLIPS OR ANY CONCLUSIVE EVIDENCE.

ANYONE WHO CAN'T PROVIDE SUCH BUT THEY ARE CLAIMING THAT THEY HAVE THESE SUPERNATURAL POWERS ARE POTENTIAL AUTHORS AND NOVEL WRITERS, WHO CAN MAKE GOOD STORIES.

Bumblebug, please do not post in all caps. This is the internet equivalent of shouting, and is considered rude.

Also, this thread is based on the assumption that these powers exist. While it is permissible to question the extent and properties of a given claim, the assumption that the powers themselves is a given for the purposes of this thread.

im calling james randi

• 3 years later...

Ok, I know that this forum is basically about abilities and possible abilities, so here goes. I'm 25, I've realized I am a little different ever since I was young. This epiphany occurred when I was younger and the rage known as the "Red Mist" occurred. I nearly ended up putting another kids head through a curb, but got pulled off just in time. Since then I have been a very neutral person, with the " count to ten" method when ever i get angry. (now please don't blow this out of proportion Im not the hulk, nor do i think i could lift a car, or something really heavy for that matter.) But I have noticed in the last decade that if i focus enough i can manually control each individual muscle in my body, and if i close my eyes and concentrate I can draw on an "energy". This energy is either one of 2 things I think. Choice one is that I can draw on energy (Organic/inorganic) in my surroundings and choice two is that i have gained the ability to control my adrenal gland and can pump this hormone through my body at will (Lol, Bain style) A few of the reactions i get after doing this "closing eyes and concentrating thing" is my posture greatly improves, I get what is commonly referred to as goosebumps on my back, neck, legs and forearms, and upon opening my eyes i get the kind of vision you get when your about to black out but in reverse. Now, I'm a grown up and personally I think superhumans dont really exist like in the comics and movies, but I do believe in evolution and I an help but wonder could this possibly be an untapped abiliy that everyone has?

Please take this as a discussion post and if anyone has either experienced this too, or can tell me with backup its stupid feel free to comment. I just want to know if its a strange ability or just me getting paranoid over a potential epic yawn or something :)

Thanks.

I didnt want to have to say anything but I feel that I must....and I am so glad that someone FINALLY came forward with their own powers and had the gall to post it!!! Because my friends... i too have a secret power which will now be known to the whole world!!!! I have the power to smell bull ****....DAMN IT NOW U ALL KNOW!!!!!! GAAAHHH!!!!!! beware all!!! I am here....those with super power hearing...hear me smell you!!!!!

Edited by joeyluislopez

• 1 month later...

My ex wife could feel emotions too. I've been able to move internal mental energy, i think its called psi here, and make a magnetic force in between my hands and can make my fingers spark, either by will, or when theres an elctrical storm about. Can anybody help me with these??

My ex wife could feel emotions too. I've been able to move internal mental energy, i think its called psi here, and make a magnetic force in between my hands and can make my fingers spark, either by will, or when theres an elctrical storm about. Can anybody help me with these??

The best thing to learn is to meditate and ask to speak to your higherself. What you are doing is basic energy manipulation, but there is much much more to it than just charging your hands. Use meditation and your hands when they are charged up, to explore your energy field/ chakra system. Learn how to feel all the energy centres in your body by holding your hands a few inches to a foot or so, above your body. Alternate techniques by moving/circling your hands around each chakra point and changing the distance by pulling your hands apart or pushing them in etc. The point of all this ? when you can do all this, you can pretty much start to heal/clear/cleanse, balance yourself and others.

Edited by bLu3 de 3n3rgy

I have the ability to detect BS from a mile away. Thank you, thank you.

• Like 3