Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

people with abnormal powers

oz100

Some people are able to heal others just by using their own inner powers.

Hollywood has a lot to answer for. People who don't understand anything are quick to make childish jokes.

Combining the idea and evidence regarding the 'Placebo Effect' allegedly responsible for up to 70% of all healing.. more and more evidence of the " Healing Touch" .. the benefits of prayer... now science is exploring the effects of emotions on health.. We do have super powers :yes:

http://www.collective-evolution.com/2014/04/11/the-effects-of-negative-emotions-on-our-health/

Some of Dr. Emoto's work on the thought and intent altering the world around us..

http://earthweareone.com/scientific-proof-thoughts-and-intentions-can-alter-the-world-around-us-2/

The Russians exploration in this field..

http://thespiritscience.net/2014/03/14/biophotons-secrets-of-the-human-energy-field-revealed/

Gene Activity Can Change According To Perception

http://themindunleashed.org/2013/12/researchers-finally-show-mindfulness-thoughts-can-induce-specific-molecular-changes-genes.html

• Like 1

Some people are able to heal others just by using their own inner powers.

....inner powers????? Oh..you mean education and the application if said knowledge! Got it. Cool.

....inner powers????? Oh..you mean education and the application if said knowledge! Got it. Cool.

Well I guess the "laying on of hands" method requires both an education and the application of the knowledge acquired in that education.. Nothing works without education and knowledge.

http://the-wanderling.com/siddhis.html

SIDDHI (Sanskrit: "accomplishment," "attainment," "perfection").

The term Siddhi is most often applied to a variety of

spritual-related psychic capabilities or powers manifested

by adherents in the Hindu and Buddhist realms.

http://simonarich.com/meditation-dangers

Meditation Danger #2: Developing supernatural powers

If you meditate for some years (or if you meditated in past lives,

then this can happen very fast), you’re likely to develop some

supernatural powers...............................

So, yogis do not use siddhi. Siddhis are regarded as an obstacle. :rolleyes:

well i dont know if this counts for anything, but i've had a few weird incidences when i've done some readings. one example is of a lady on this forum. i was able to describe one of her fondest memories of her son. another time i was able to tell a man several things that i shouldn't rightly have known about his aunt and uncle. personally if people would like to attempt to discredit the above information, i say let them, they are only displaying their insecurities as to what they know about the world we currently live in.

Thank you for speaking to the topic and not engaging in narcissistic "scepticism" and then badgering the Opening Poster for wanting to start a paranormal conversation on a paranormal website.

My "powers" are apparently to appear in two places at the same time. http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=232445&hl= I I also get a spate of synchronicities that come and go for no discernable reason. I have yet to find how either one empowers me though. In fact the first one, the doppleganger thing, usually means I'm stripped of energy or ill. The second, the synchronicities, is mostly just a curiosity that makes me say: "hmmm?"

Edited by SSilhouette

i can 'predict' things. not always and i don't chose when i can do it, but sometimes, i get that "feeling" and i know 100% it will happen. it always does.

• 2 weeks later...

I had precognative dreams for while when I was younger that were very accurate. I would describe them to my family and they were shocked when they came true. First one was the Loma Prieta quake in '89. I was still in high school. I saw the Bay Bridge section collapsed and other damage. Subsequent dreams were about crashes of planes involving famous people, and finally one involving my sister. In the dream she was in a small plane flying to Reno and it crashed, I saw the crash, the funeral and other parts. It freaked me out but I didn't really believe it was precognitive because she never flew in small planes anywhere that I knew of. After I spoke to her about the dream she sounded pretty spooked. I asked why and she said she had recently made plans to fly in a friends small plane for a quick weekend trip to Reno. It freaked her out because she hasn't told me or anyone at that point, that I couldn't have known. She canceled it then right after she got off the phone with me. I stopped having precognitive dreams right after that time. I have wondered it the dreams previous to that particular dream were sort of gifted to me so she would believe me and not go but who knows.

Edited by darkmoonlady

Hello darkmoonlady,

That particular dream about your sister and the plane is a good example of how we can use a precognitive dream to alter an outcome potential. She canceled her trip because you shared the dream with her and she experienced the truth of the dream herself. They most likely examined the plane very closely because of her cancellation. Fixed what was wrong so that the crash never happened.

It is hard to speculate about these things. Your inclinations are most likely valid. Thanks for sharing.

John

I had precognative dreams for while when I was younger that were very accurate. I would describe them to my family and they were shocked when they came true. First one was the Loma Prieta quake in '89. I was still in high school. I saw the Bay Bridge section collapsed and other damage. Subsequent dreams were about crashes of planes involving famous people, and finally one involving my sister. In the dream she was in a small plane flying to Reno and it crashed, I saw the crash, the funeral and other parts. It freaked me out but I didn't really believe it was precognitive because she never flew in small planes anywhere that I knew of. After I spoke to her about the dream she sounded pretty spooked. I asked why and she said she had recently made plans to fly in a friends small plane for a quick weekend trip to Reno. It freaked her out because she hasn't told me or anyone at that point, that I couldn't have known. She canceled it then right after she got off the phone with me. I stopped having precognitive dreams right after that time. I have wondered it the dreams previous to that particular dream were sort of gifted to me so she would believe me and not go but who knows.

I am of the frame of mind that our lives are sometimes guided by people on the other side of the veil. Perhaps there was a particular reason they wanted to cue you up to your ability with the earthquake etc. so that at the precise time, you would warn your sister away from the plane flight to Reno. Maybe in the future if they need you to act, they will bestow these dreams on you again?

My grandfather years ago was scheduled to fly to New Orleans with a group of friends. From the very invitation he dreaded the idea. He was filled with dread yet they all urged him to go. As the date approached he simply chickened out and said in no uncertain terms "NO!". It was waaaay back in the day when planes were pretty rickety affairs. So the rest of his friends left, teasing him. And they all died when the plane crashed that day. He has never wanted to fly again and always stayed in country..opting for long drives across the country when he needed to get there.

• 2 months later...

I hate to break it to you skeptics but peoples abilities aren't always controllable let alone a parlor trick to be scrutinized under controlled tests where the result is a black n white score with the ultimate means of proving a point to your already decided mind. Its likely that the prejudice is what has kept you from being aware that's its a natural phenomenon which were probably all capable of. I am well aware of having experiemce d many strong psychic abilities and while some people might be more refined I don't chose to know things like as in we can sit down devise a test and get a written result its something you feel and is usually random also even after having countless experiences of knowing ppl or things before they happen or hearing thoughts etc I still can't usually pinpoint the feeling/knowledge as fact until it comes to pass and I think wow that intuition was spot on or damn I should have listened to that persistent thought of what was about to happen rather than letting my logical thought process brush it off

Weather control? Give me a friggen' break. How old are you?

If you really have these powers, then lets devise a test for them so we can prove once and for all that they are real.

Strange powers are rare in humans, but they do exist and have for many centuries, and most are documented.

I'm just reading a book that documents some of those stories about people with special powers. How about retrocognition?

Very few, but some humans have that power.

From the very invitation he dreaded the idea. He was filled with dread yet they all urged him to go.

I've learned that it's always a good idea to listen to those feelings.

I've felt like the weather had immediate changes that matched my mood after major events but I always rationalized more on the sid that it was the weather affecting me... But I don't know one time a friend jokingly threatened to put a dark cloud over me and the craziest storm I ever saw wth a seemingly nonstop electrical discharge came right toward the parking lot we were sitting in the lightning was so intense and localized that I jumped in my car and fled home now I don't spook easy and running from a cloud sounds hilarious but I am wise enough to acknowledge that I have seen a whole lot of strange things and can't imagine any of these people that claim they know everything in the world about the laws of physics and what the limits of possibility and human capability are have any basis to deny the things that they haven't personally experienced or been told to believe by the textbook packet of information they were administered and probly haven't revisited since grade school due to the vast limitations their closed minds and false image of supiority granted by the consensus of agreement with others that have been told to believe the same and were stunted in their understanding of the world by the inability to think and determine such conclusions on their own.

I've felt like the weather had immediate changes that matched my mood after major events but I always rationalized more on the sid that it was the weather affecting me... But I don't know one time a friend jokingly threatened to put a dark cloud over me and the craziest storm I ever saw wth a seemingly nonstop electrical discharge came right toward the parking lot we were sitting in the lightning was so intense and localized that I jumped in my car and fled home now I don't spook easy and running from a cloud sounds hilarious but I am wise enough to acknowledge that I have seen a whole lot of strange things and can't imagine any of these people that claim they know everything in the world about the laws of physics and what the limits of possibility and human capability are have any basis to deny the things that they haven't personally experienced or been told to believe by the textbook packet of information they were administered and probly haven't revisited since grade school due to the vast limitations their closed minds and false image of supiority granted by the consensus of agreement with others that have been told to believe the same and were stunted in their understanding of the world by the inability to think and determine such conclusions on their own.

Hi,

Intellectually I can agree with your thinking. However emotionally I can not. I myself have always been Very Telepathic. What I have learned to appreciate is that we do live in a Fear Based culture. That Fear is not obvious. It hides behind the insecure logical thought process that desperately wants the vast unknown and unknowable to be brought into the confined understanding it has. The proof that many seek seems quite logical in fact. I can easily relate to their quest. Emotionally they can never accept that the logical brain is too small and inadequate to comprehend the greater multidimensional realities. So until that vastness can become reduced to simple black and white 3D stick figures, it absolutely must be denied.

I have great compassion for all of us. We are deeply involved in dealing with these and similar fears. I have even greater compassion for those among us who have become traumatized by those fears. There is no logical presentation I or any one can make that will free them from their fears as it relates to their intuitive senses. I accept that these realities can never exist in their world. It is not a logical or rational issue, it is an emotional block. Any efforts to breach their safety walls will always be fiercely resisted. Naturally this is Just My point of view. Easily seen as naive and weird. My understanding is that we can never logically present an explanation for our experiences to any person who is unable to comprehend them.

I hope that my thoughts on this will help you.

John

Edited by John from Lowell