Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Court: US Can't Govern Itself

fearfulone

Court: U.S. Violated Mexicans' Rights

By TOBY STERLING, Associated Press Writer

THE HAGUE, Netherlands - The International Court of Justice on Wednesday ruled that the United States violated the rights of 51 Mexicans on death row and ordered their cases be reviewed.

The United Nations highest judiciary, also known as the world court, was considering a suit filed by Mexico claiming 52 convicted murderers weren't given their right to assistance from their government.

"The U.S. should provide by means of its own choosing meaningful review of the conviction and sentence" of the Mexicans, presiding judge Shi Jiuyong said.

Shi said the review, in all but three cases, could be carried out under the normal appeals process in the United States.

But for three men whose have already exhausted all other appeals, the court said the United States should make an exception and review their cases one last time.

The court found that in the remaining case, the convict had received his rights and his case didn't need to be reviewed.

Full Article

Hey, you see, this is why Bush said "screw you" to the UN...now they're trying to tell us how to run our court systems.

But for three men whose have already exhausted all other appeals, the court said the United States should make an exception and review their cases one last time.

Sorry, but in our legal system you can only appeal so many times...why should they tell the US gov't how many times we should allow appeals? The justice system in this country allows people enough opportunities to prove their innocence...sometimes the guy's just not innocent! This kinda stuff really ticks me off. mad.gifpo.gifscreama.gifthumbdown.gifpo.gifpo.gifpo.gif

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fearfulone

• bathory

• Mekorig

• stillcrazy

Top Posters In This Topic

Great Post.

While I'm generally against the death penalty, do to HOW it is used in this country.

If it the law of the Land, then I will abide by the states and federal governments right to use it.

My question is why does the UN World court not go after countries that still have public executions and No appeal systems.

How did we violate anyones rights when most of these convicts where in this country unlawfully in the first place.

It never ceases to amaze me how they scream "my Rights" when they have violated so many damn laws to begin with. You don't get put on death row for parking tickets.

Court: U.S. Violated Mexicans' Rights

By TOBY STERLING, Associated Press Writer

THE HAGUE, Netherlands - The International Court of Justice on Wednesday ruled that the United States violated the rights of 51 Mexicans on death row and ordered their cases be reviewed.

The United Nations highest judiciary, also known as the world court, was considering a suit filed by Mexico claiming 52 convicted murderers weren't given their right to assistance from their government.

"The U.S. should provide by means of its own choosing meaningful review of the conviction and sentence" of the Mexicans, presiding judge Shi Jiuyong said.

Shi said the review, in all but three cases, could be carried out under the normal appeals process in the United States.

The court found that in the remaining case, the convict had received his rights and his case didn't need to be reviewed.

Full Article

Hey, you see, this is why Bush said "screw you" to the UN...now they're trying to tell us how to run our court systems.

Sorry, but in our legal system you can only appeal so many times...why should they tell the US gov't how many times we should allow appeals? The justice system in this country allows people enough opportunities to prove their innocence...sometimes the guy's just not innocent! This kinda stuff really ticks me off. mad.gifpo.gifscreama.gifthumbdown.gifpo.gifpo.gifpo.gif

well, the death penalty is right, but in your country the raze and skin color asure you a the death penalty.

My question is why does the UN World court not go after countries that still have public executions and No appeal systems.

thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

great point...i agree completely. See, i just don't understand why these prissy foreign b******* in the UN don't get the fact that we are NOT going to lie down on our backs and take it like a tijuana crack whore each time they want us to. I just don't think they get it that we have a MAN in office now that will NOT SURRENDER THE SOVEREIGNTY of our great nation, not like the man who wanted to hand the country to the UN for eight years before him. I just hope they get the hint that BUSH runs this country...NOT the UN! Stop trying to govern us and tell us our courts are messed up, i read the other day about how a guy killed someone over a political argument in Saudi Arabia and they were going to behead him by sword in front of everyone in the public square, luckily the victim's father yelled out that he forgave him and they did not execute him. But tell me, this is a justice system? Waiting to see if the father forgives him or else kill him? Come on, quit crying bout us and step up and put pressure on the Arab League of Nations to stop allowing their Islamic State dictatorships to run like nomads in the 10th century. Stop the barbaric ways of the middle east before you come to a civilized nation and complain about us!:s08 (i'm not trying to offend middle-easterners here, just trying to say that many of those countries' gov'ts use barbaric ways, not that middle-easterners are barbaric)

Edited by fearfulone

well, the death penalty is right, but in your country the raze and skin color asure you a the death penalty.

Come to the country and learn before you make a statement...that may have been true in the past, but no more...this is not a debate about whether the US is predjudice to different races or skin colors and the morality of a death penalty...THIS THREAD is about the UN sticking its nose where it ought not to whistling2.gif

doesn't the UN have more important things to do like perhaps solving world peace or something?

No... it is US responsibility to mantain the world peace tongue.giflaugh.gif

I think UN is just being p***ed off by US trying to mess arround with others, so they decided to mess arround with US internal affairs.