Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A response thread

Insight

This is a response to the thread, "How many powers do you have?"

Most of what I hear on these sections is random nonsense which sounds like you're just making this stuff up as you go along. It's like your inventing an imaginary world for yourselves, and constantly comparing notes and new ideas. Like a group of people designing a new role playing game, or developing a story for a Manga. or Anime.

I mean, it's fun to talk about this possibility, but it seems like a lot of you actually believe this stuff. Like, you actually believe that you can control fire and air and weather and stuff. And 90% of you are still in highschool, or even gradeschool. It's just mind boggling. I mean, do you show people these powers in real life? Do you show you classmates, and teachers? What about your parents? Or your friends?

If I had powers like that, I would show everyone! I would want everyone to know. I'd want to be tested by scientists! Why? Because if I did, and they proved once and for all that psychic powers were real, it would usher in a completely new stage of human evolution, and catapult the human race forwards. Technology, religion, politics, and military, would never be the same again.

So why aren't people jumping at the chance to display these powers on public? Why aren't people every where constantly trying to get these powers recognized as real? I mean, that would be the FIRST thing I would be trying to do! Even if I could perform the SLIGHTEST, tiniest little feat of psychic power, that would STILL prove it was real, and I'd start talking to as many people I possibly could to prove it to everyone. I would call up scientists, newspapers and TV stations. I would show the world that human being is far more powerful they we understand. And by doing so, it would result in the eventual understanding, and eventually mastering of these abilities.

So why isn't everyone here who claims to have psychic abilities doing that? Are you selfish? You need to keep the power for yourself?

Or is it that you simply can't consistently do anything in front of people which anyone would consider to be "psychic"?

If there are psychics out there, they should be all RACING to scientists to prove their claims!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Meiliken

• Insight

• Psikillion

• Vampwitchenstein

Insight,

As you have probably already seen, I gave you what-for in the "a small question" thread for your reply. I still think you were out of line in your response because it was a general question. However, in reading your posting here, I think I understand where you were coming from, and I must say that I share in your frustration. I have also noticed a lot of threads where people call psychic ability powers, and everyone wants to have them because they bring so much notoriety and helps give one some type of identify. The thread "How Many Powers Do You Have" really bugs me to high heaven as well.

That said, I have read posts where I believe some people are being sincere- and I am a skeptic and don't trust much of what someone says and mostly what their behavior shows. Once those words and behavior match up, then we are getting somewhere. However, the problem with a message board is that we don't get to see others behavior, we get to see no part of their lives. I think it's important to call people on their stuff when they post things that are obviously untrue. However, I also think there's a line- I have read that one member here said he does not usually respond to certain types of threads, and that is good common sense. After all, with all of the information that is valid here, I think some great discussions can come about.

Physic ability is in all of us- intuition, the ability to read the energies around us, those gut feelings, and a multitude of things. Unfortunately, unless one IS gifted like Allison Dubois or Mary Anne Winkowski, both of whom assist law enforcement with their abilities, or genuinely helps others with their abilities in other ways, then they are normal just like you and me with perhaps strengths in certain abilities that help us see more than others may be able to see. Would you not say this is because some people indeed are more in tune with their intuition, their gut, and that they listen to themselves?

Well, I have had my say and I hope this thread stays because I think it's a really important valid subject. I don't know about anyone else, but I am learning that I need to not respond to threads I disbelieve and become involved in the threads I find genuine. Thanks for calling the elephant out into the living room. :)

Edited by SRGhostgirl

The best part about this forum are the kids who come in all excited saying " i made lazers come out of my eyes" or other such nonsense. Don't encourage them to stop! The second best part about the forum is when the skeptics come in and make fun of their ridiculous claims, then the claimants say predictable stuff like "I don't have to prove it to anyone, i know it's true and that's all that matters".

Also i think it's funny when people say "I moved a chair with my psi ball and i also stopped a hurricane. Has anyone else done this?" As if it's commonplace and wouldn't make national news.

Another good one is when someone says "I'm not sure what could explain this but i saw a 4 headed evil dog goat in my bedroom and it spit up black sludge on my cat and there was a mark so i know i wasn't dreaming", then 5 believers come in and give them specific names for the goat and the phenomenon as if it's real and a usual occurance instead of just saying maybe they were dreaming.

That stuff is what gives me the most chuckles

The best part about this forum are........................That stuff is what gives me the most chuckles

that literally made me laugh out loud. somebody obviously wasn't resonating on a very high vibrational frequency when they got out of bed this morning though.

The best part about this forum are the kids who come in all excited saying " i made lazers come out of my eyes" or other such nonsense. Don't encourage them to stop! The second best part about the forum is when the skeptics come in and make fun of their ridiculous claims, then the claimants say predictable stuff like "I don't have to prove it to anyone, i know it's true and that's all that matters".

I so agree with you , don't encourage those people to talk , corner them with their own claims and humiliate them , make them lose every single bit of credibility they have. :yes:

Edit : typo

Edited by Max.L

I so agree with you , don't encourage those people to talk , corner them with their own claims and humiliate them , make them lose every single bit of credibility they have. :yes:

Edit : typo

that was just sad. what kind of a human are you to say "corner and humiliate them" just my opinion, you really should be ashamed, but thats just my opinion

that was just sad. what kind of a human are you to say "corner and humiliate them" just my opinion, you really should be ashamed, but thats just my opinion

I hate it when people say, "But that's just my opinion".

For one thing, OF COURSE IT'S YOUR OPINION! Who's else would it be?

Second, when you say, "That's just my opinion", you make it sound like your opinion doesn't really matter. As if you need to say, "That's just what I think, but if you think something different, then you can be right too."

But that's crap. What if I'm wrong? Who cares if it's just "My opinion" if I'm totally off base.

Just because somebody FEELS a certain way about something doesn't mean they are right. And regardless of what anybody says, being wrong IS dangerous. Being wrong about something and living life under a lie is not good for you, or anyone.

And third, just because you choose to believe something doesn't mean it's real, or can become real.

An opinion is a simple comment. An opinion isn't a fact supported by evidence. An opinion is a personal idea about a subject. An opinion is usually shared to draw attention to one's self. However, a statement of fact is a continuing of a productive conversation. And asking a question is a precursor to being able to form a factual statement. Factual statements lead to the exploration of reasonable theories.

This is how information turns into new ideas, and how new ideas turn into information. It's the only ingredient in human progression.

People need to have more confidence in themselves! If you have a statement to make, make it as if it's the truth, and make damned sure you have some facts and information to back it up, and defend it. And if you have an opinion, share it as though you are right! Don't tip toe around who's right and who's wrong. Two people can't believe different things and both be right. That's simply impossible. 1+1=2. That's it. 2+1 doesn't equal 2. Neither does 3+1. And no matter how much I believe they do, it doesn't make it true.

Truth is, and always has been, objective, not subjective.

This is a response to the thread, "How many powers do you have?"

Most of what I hear on these sections is random nonsense which sounds like you're just making this stuff up as you go along. It's like your inventing an imaginary world for yourselves, and constantly comparing notes and new ideas. Like a group of people designing a new role playing game, or developing a story for a Manga. or Anime.

I mean, it's fun to talk about this possibility, but it seems like a lot of you actually believe this stuff. Like, you actually believe that you can control fire and air and weather and stuff. And 90% of you are still in highschool, or even gradeschool. It's just mind boggling. I mean, do you show people these powers in real life? Do you show you classmates, and teachers? What about your parents? Or your friends?

If I had powers like that, I would show everyone! I would want everyone to know. I'd want to be tested by scientists! Why? Because if I did, and they proved once and for all that psychic powers were real, it would usher in a completely new stage of human evolution, and catapult the human race forwards. Technology, religion, politics, and military, would never be the same again.

So why aren't people jumping at the chance to display these powers on public? Why aren't people every where constantly trying to get these powers recognized as real? I mean, that would be the FIRST thing I would be trying to do! Even if I could perform the SLIGHTEST, tiniest little feat of psychic power, that would STILL prove it was real, and I'd start talking to as many people I possibly could to prove it to everyone. I would call up scientists, newspapers and TV stations. I would show the world that human being is far more powerful they we understand. And by doing so, it would result in the eventual understanding, and eventually mastering of these abilities.

So why isn't everyone here who claims to have psychic abilities doing that? Are you selfish? You need to keep the power for yourself?

Or is it that you simply can't consistently do anything in front of people which anyone would consider to be "psychic"?

If there are psychics out there, they should be all RACING to scientists to prove their claims!

Yeah I can understand your point in why some people seem so fake, it is like they are living in some surreal world by themselves. I can not speak for everyone, but I think that some "psychic" abilities are real but there are others I cannot just wrap my head around, namely phasing, teleportation, and any other exotic "psychic" ability. There are probably quite a few liars, but I am sure there is at least a few that have had some actual experience. Whether it is truly "psychic" or not is a different story and should be questioned as to why it is happening.

The most logical explanation is that those who truly have psychic abilities do not display them, because of the fear of being outcasted from society. Let's face it society thinks that all "psychic" abilities belong to kid's television shows. Would some eighteen year old want to look like an eight year old? Or would someone older want to look like an eight year old? I don't really think so. Maybe they do not want to show it in public out of fear of being ostracized from their church, because the church thinks that the psychics are demonic. Some people are afraid of being ridiculed by others if they cannot do a video recorded test or do not have a completely fool-proof test. Some people are afraid that they would be confined to the research institution or a mental asylum due to their psychic abilities, without ever being able to see their family and friends ever again. The best way to understand this though is to think about if you told everyone you knew about your psychic powers.

I hate it when people say, "But that's just my opinion".

For one thing, OF COURSE IT'S YOUR OPINION! Who's else would it be?

Second, when you say, "That's just my opinion", you make it sound like your opinion doesn't really matter. As if you need to say, "That's just what I think, but if you think something different, then you can be right too."

But that's crap. What if I'm wrong? Who cares if it's just "My opinion" if I'm totally off base.

Just because somebody FEELS a certain way about something doesn't mean they are right. And regardless of what anybody says, being wrong IS dangerous. Being wrong about something and living life under a lie is not good for you, or anyone.

And third, just because you choose to believe something doesn't mean it's real, or can become real.

An opinion is a simple comment. An opinion isn't a fact supported by evidence. An opinion is a personal idea about a subject. An opinion is usually shared to draw attention to one's self. However, a statement of fact is a continuing of a productive conversation. And asking a question is a precursor to being able to form a factual statement. Factual statements lead to the exploration of reasonable theories.

This is how information turns into new ideas, and how new ideas turn into information. It's the only ingredient in human progression.

People need to have more confidence in themselves! If you have a statement to make, make it as if it's the truth, and make damned sure you have some facts and information to back it up, and defend it. And if you have an opinion, share it as though you are right! Don't tip toe around who's right and who's wrong. Two people can't believe different things and both be right. That's simply impossible. 1+1=2. That's it. 2+1 doesn't equal 2. Neither does 3+1. And no matter how much I believe they do, it doesn't make it true.

Truth is, and always has been, objective, not subjective.

True, but it is important that an opinion leads to experimentation/research which leads to facts and finally to a new opinion or proof that your opinion is true. People can debate forever about how their opinions and how they are right, but no one can find absolute truth. It is kind of like arguing how 10 + 10 = 100, in one way it is true and in another way it is not.

-Psikillion

True, but it is important that an opinion leads to experimentation/research which leads to facts and finally to a new opinion or proof that your opinion is true. People can debate forever about how their opinions and how they are right, but no one can find absolute truth. It is kind of like arguing how 10 + 10 = 100, in one way it is true and in another way it is not.

-Psikillion

No, actually, 10 + 10 is 20. There is no possible way it can be anything else. What the heck are you talking about?

Bump.

No response yet Psikillion?

No, actually, 10 + 10 is 20. There is no possible way it can be anything else.

10 + 10 = 100 in the binary representation of integers. Binary 10 is decimal 2, and binary 100 is decimal 4.

10 + 10 = 100 (binary) restates 2 + 2 = 4 (decimal).

Edited by eight bits

-Psikillion

No, actually, 10 + 10 is 20. There is no possible way it can be anything else. What the heck are you talking about?

10 + 10 = 100 in the binary representation of integers. Binary 10 is decimal 2, and binary 100 is decimal 4.

10 + 10 = 100 (binary) restates 2 + 2 = 4 (decimal).

You see what I mean?

Great post, Insight. One of the few I can actually reply to without jumping on anything.

...Okay, I lied about that last part.

It is kind of like arguing how 10 + 10 = 100, in one way it is true and in another way it is not.

This doesn't really apply. 10 is just a representation of a number, not the actual number itself. In binary it means something different than in hex, which means something different than in decimal. But the actual numbers represented in decimal by 10 and 10 will always add up to the number represented by the decimal 20, even in binary or hex.

A human, however, isn't just a representation of something. If I freeze time and walk around the room to look at someone from different angles, he'll still be exactly the same unless I poke him or something. Psychic abilities, etc, are the same way.

However, the word used to represent the person might represent something entirely different in another language. The properties of language very often don't mesh with the physical world, unfortunately.

I suppose the people claiming extraordinary powers could be speaking some sort of pseudo-English where the words have different meanings, though...

By the way, my power is to write in censored text.

Great post, Insight. One of the few I can actually reply to without jumping on anything.

...Okay, I lied about that last part.

This doesn't really apply. 10 is just a representation of a number, not the actual number itself. In binary it means something different than in hex, which means something different than in decimal. But the actual numbers represented in decimal by 10 and 10 will always add up to the number represented by the decimal 20, even in binary or hex.

A human, however, isn't just a representation of something. If I freeze time and walk around the room to look at someone from different angles, he'll still be exactly the same unless I poke him or something. Psychic abilities, etc, are the same way.

However, the word used to represent the person might represent something entirely different in another language. The properties of language very often don't mesh with the physical world, unfortunately.

I suppose the people claiming extraordinary powers could be speaking some sort of pseudo-English where the words have different meanings, though...

By the way, my power is to write in censored text.

10 is a set of characters not a number. 10 translated into decimal (majority of people) is our number ten. 10 translated into binary is our number two. 10 could also be the atomic number of neon. 10 could be referring to the ten commandments. 10 could be referring to a ten dollar bill (USD). 10 could be the highest the sound of an electric guitar amplifier can go (except on those that can go up to 11 but that makes no difference). 10 could be referring to a perfect rating given by one of the judges in the Olympics or any other competition like Dancing with the Stars. 10 could be referring to the multiplication of numbers by ten. I am sure that you are starting to get really annoyed or you are going to type about how I am wrong, but of course I have been wrong before.

Anyone who regularly goes on forums knows about spoiler tags.

-Psikillion

Another example

Edit:

Just thought this would be interesting to share.

http://alittleweird.com/2008/04/05/beliefs...alore/#comments

Edit2: I fixed my typo. :D

Edited by Psikillion

But in some way shouldn't we (as in us geezers & world weary and/or wise ones) be at least supportive of the young 'uns expressing and expanding their creativity and imagination? Maybe encourage them to explore what they can do with their knack for the fantastical? That is, just the ones who can't post irrefutable video of their demonstrations of claimed powers and abilities.

I know I was an easily crushed teenager... the only thing I remember about school distinctly was the one teacher who praised something I had wrote. The rest of it is one big long memory of screaming, stinking Hell.

10 is a representation of a set of characters not a number. 10 translated into decimal (majority of people) is our number ten. 10 translated into binary is our number two. 10 could also be the atomic number of neon. 10 could be referring to the ten commandments. 10 could be referring to a ten dollar bill (USD). 10 could be the highest the sound of an electric guitar amplifier can go (except on those that can go up to 11 but that makes no difference). 10 could be referring to a perfect rating given by one of the judges in the Olympics or any other competition like Dancing with the Stars. 10 could be referring to the multiplication of numbers by ten.

Eh? 10 isn't a representation of a set of characters. :P 10 is a set of characters, two to be exact.

Yes, 10 can refer to something that is not a number. That simply means that there's a different language used to interpret those characters. Still, 10 is only a representation of that thing [unless you're referring to the representation 10 itself, such as I'm doing in this sentence, which also creates an interesting paradox].

And people are still not representations that can be interpreted by different languages into different things. Whether I call you Psi or Kill or Killion or Psikillion, you're still the same person. Whether my own belief is that you make sense or that you don't make sense, or that you post too much or that you don't post enough, you're still the same person. Just as the actual number ten is always the number ten, the score of ten on Dancing with the Stars is always the score of ten, and a perfect rating during the Olympics is always a perfect rating.

I am sure that you are starting to get really annoyed

Nope. The only thing that annoys me on an internet forum is persistent and pervasive lack of logic.

or you are going to type about how I am wrong

Yep. :ph34r:

Anyone who regularly goes on forums knows about spoiler tags.

-Psikillion

Edit:

Just thought this would be interesting to share.

http://alittleweird.com/2008/04/05/beliefs...alore/#comments

Hmm, interesting ideas that person has. I don't believe reality is a dream, however, or rather I think it doesn't matter if it is, because the dream is reality. Doesn't really matter what reality is, only how you respond to it. I don't think it will ever be possible to define what reality actually consists of, because in order to do so, we would need to get totally out of reality [much the same way that a programmed character would have to get out of my hard drive in order to really see the computer he's been living in], and that's not possible, since we're bound to it. The only things completely out of reality are the non-understandable.

Shush, nobody needs to know that. There are still new people here who might think this is awesome. And at least I can

demonstrate my power.

:rofl:

But in some way shouldn't we (as in us geezers & world weary and/or wise ones) be at least supportive of the young 'uns expressing and expanding their creativity and imagination? Maybe encourage them to explore what they can do with their knack for the fantastical? That is, just the ones who can't post irrefutable video of their demonstrations of claimed powers and abilities.

I know I was an easily crushed teenager... the only thing I remember about school distinctly was the one teacher who praised something I had wrote. The rest of it is one big long memory of screaming, stinking Hell.

I agree that there's nothing wrong with imagination, and I actually see nothing wrong myself with people actually taking on different personas altogether on the internet to play out whatever kind of character they desire. I've even approached certain forums with a persona diametrically opposed to my own, to try to make a point and explore other ideas. Sometimes that's needed. The problem comes when they don't accept the fact that they'll have to play that character within a real world, still, therefore if he has "abilities," people will naturally question them. Then they tend to react all touchy about skepticism.

Of course, I suppose extreme touchiness is fine if they're actually trying to play a character with a massively short fuse and no typing skills, but I doubt that's what's going on.

What really worries me is the lots of the kids who show up claiming they can create psiballs, do telekinesis, and read minds at the age of thirteen are actually serious.

I swear I was building up to some incredibly good point, but it's eluded me. My mind is going. :rofl:

Edited by The One Who Is

Eh? 10 isn't a representation of a set of characters. :P 10 is a set of characters, two to be exact.

Yes, 10 can refer to something that is not a number. That simply means that there's a different language used to interpret those characters. Still, 10 is only a representation of that thing [unless you're referring to the representation 10 itself, such as I'm doing in this sentence, which also creates an interesting paradox].

And people are still not representations that can be interpreted by different languages into different things. Whether I call you Psi or Kill or Killion or Psikillion, you're still the same person. Whether my own belief is that you make sense or that you don't make sense, or that you post too much or that you don't post enough, you're still the same person. Just as the actual number ten is always the number ten, the score of ten on Dancing with the Stars is always the score of ten, and a perfect rating during the Olympics is always a perfect rating.

Whoops I made a typo... I will fix that.

Clarifying what I previously typed, because I forgot to add in this information (Darn it! :P ) one exists in reality but everyone has different perspectives of that reality. For example that cliche about being the glass being half full or half empty.

Hmm, interesting ideas that person has. I don't believe reality is a dream, however, or rather I think it doesn't matter if it is, because the dream is reality. Doesn't really matter what reality is, only how you respond to it. I don't think it will ever be possible to define what reality actually consists of, because in order to do so, we would need to get totally out of reality [much the same way that a programmed character would have to get out of my hard drive in order to really see the computer he's been living in], and that's not possible, since we're bound to it. The only things completely out of reality are the non-understandable.

Shush, nobody needs to know that. There are still new people here who might think this is awesome. And at least I can

demonstrate my power.

:rofl:

I agree for the most part...

What really worries me is the lots of the kids who show up claiming they can create psiballs, do telekinesis, and read minds at the age of thirteen are actually serious.

I swear I was building up to some incredibly good point, but it's eluded me. My mind is going. :rofl:

If that is true maybe there is something going on? I am sure there are probably a few who are faking it, and those are the ones you should definitely yell BS in their faces. However could a few actually be experiencing something paranormal? It is possible, since there are so many people coming in with posts. There is only one real way to find out whether their stories are true or not, and that is "healthy skepticism". "Healthy skepticism" should be asking questions about their experiences in order to find out more details, give links if they want to try something and tell them to report back with a video, and make sure when they have a new video point out all of the things that could/are happening. Once you are done critiquing the first video ask them for another with corrections on it (from all the possible things that could/were happening in the first video), that should be able to weed out the fakes from the real devoted psions/psychics. I understand there probably are a few exceptions, but there are always exceptions in everything. Just as long as we do not shout "telekinesis is fake" or something similar because of our own experiences, because maybe they are experiencing something. It is okay to mention our own experiences, in fact this would make the questioning a little easier! :D

You see what I mean?

Changing the written unit of measurement does not change the measured value. Arabic symbols of 10 mean ten. Binary symbols of 01010 mean 10. Roman symbols of X mean ten.

But either way, 10 + 10 = 20 in Arabic numerals. 01010 + 01010 = 10100 (20 in Arabic) in binary symbols. X + X = XX (20 20 in Arabic) in roman symbols.

Changing the language does not change the law.

Case closed.

You see what I mean?

Changing the written unit of measurement does not change the measured value. Arabic symbols of 10 mean ten. Binary symbols of 01010 mean 10. Roman symbols of X mean ten.

But either way, 10 + 10 = 20 in Arabic numerals. 01010 + 01010 = 10100 (20 in Arabic) in binary symbols. X + X = XX (20 in Arabic) in roman symbols.

Case closed.

I agree that there's nothing wrong with imagination, and I actually see nothing wrong myself with people actually taking on different personas altogether on the internet to play out whatever kind of character they desire. I've even approached certain forums with a persona diametrically opposed to my own, to try to make a point and explore other ideas. Sometimes that's needed. The problem comes when they don't accept the fact that they'll have to play that character within a real world, still, therefore if he has "abilities," people will naturally question them. Then they tend to react all touchy about skepticism.

Of course, I suppose extreme touchiness is fine if they're actually trying to play a character with a massively short fuse and no typing skills, but I doubt that's what's going on.

We are kindred spirits, I have the same problem with brain farts!

Maybe I was thinking but failed to express, we should attempt to re-direct them then. I agree some of them take it way too far and become snotty and tantrum throwing. I hate to start thinking too deep on the subject, but real world interaction with a lot of these kids is almost non-existent from parents, etc. I've been there myself as a teen (but I avoided familial contact at all costs and preferred my LaLa Land life) and I've seen it in family members and close friends.

Whats the core of why these young people cling to fantasy?

I know from experience if they get ridiculed they sink a little further and dig in a little deeper with their fantastical beliefs.

But either way, 10 + 10 = 20 in Arabic numerals. 01010 + 01010 = 10100 (20 in Arabic) in binary symbols. X + X = XX (20 20 in Arabic) in roman symbols.

Case closed.

Did you read any other posts I made after the one you quoted? My impression is you did not.

I know I was an easily crushed teenager...

to an extent i think you are right, but it's not like these kids are making cool paintings of people with magical powers or writing books or directing their own short films, they're just making up nonsense and convincing themselves its true. It's not healthy, children should be out catching minnows and frogs and building tree houses and gambolling through meadows with lambs not convincing themselves that they have magical powers on the internet, you also have to consider the fact that many of them have probably been taken in by websites which exploit their naivety and ultimately will probably take money from them at some point in exchange for magical powers training dvds or some such utter b******s.

the only thing I remember about school distinctly was the one teacher who praised something I had wrote. The rest of it is one big long memory of screaming, stinking Hell.

it's never too late to go out and catch some frogs and minnows and build a treehouse and gomboll through meadows.

Edited by louis_last

to an extent i think you are right, but it's not like these kids are making cool paintings of people with magical powers or writing books or directing their own short films, they're just making up nonsense and convincing themselves its true. It's not healthy, children should be out catching minnows and frogs and building tree houses and gambolling through meadows with lambs not convincing themselves that they have magical powers on the internet, you also have to consider the fact that many of them have probably been taken in by websites which exploit their naivety and ultimately will probably take money from them at some point in exchange for magical powers training dvds or some such utter b******s.

I completely agree.

it's never too late to go out and catch some frogs and minnows and build a treehouse and gomboll through meadows.

True. I think I'll post that quote above my computer desk. I need to remember to do that more, not 'schedule' every minute of time I'm out of the house.

Thanx. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I love that about the tree house and all, but my brother was out there catching frogs and minnows and such and turned into a teen who was really into psychic abilities and the paranormal, he claims he has psychic abilities now at thirty something. He could have but he doesn't choose to share them with me. My mother read the book so your child is psychic when he was a kid or something like that. I have a problem with kids who think there psychic and the grownups just go gaga over them and exploit them on TV like that one show about kids who seen ghosts. While I beleive there are psychic powers and children are ripe for abiltites, I don't think a big deal should be made of it all because what if we have a child who is simply delusional and we are encouraging it? As for psi balls and all that, what in the world is that all about? And all the kids coming on here, with this ability and all, its sad when it's not true. But we don't know what's true or not with out proof.