Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

PRUFOS- 'Police report UFO Sightings

karl 12

Great UK Police UFO site managed by British Detective Constable Gary Heseltine containing comprehensive and detailed listings of numerous highly credible UFO/OVNI sightings from well trained professionals highly experienced in reporting what they see:

http://www.prufospolicedatabase.co.uk/2.html

Excerpt from site:

""WELCOME TO THE PRUFOS POLICE DATABASE

My name is GARY HESELTINE and I am a serving Detective Constable.

I launched the PRUFOS POLICE DATABASE in January 2002. It caters for serving and retired police officers to record their respective UFO sightings.

Police sightings are listed in two categories - On and Off duty sightings.

Since its lauched I have 256 cases dating back to 1901 involving 608 British police officers.

After studying the subject for over thirty years I am totally convinced that a small proportion of UFO sightings are genuine and represent an extraterrestrial presence on the Earth.

The media present the subject with a degree of ridicule - this is a total misrepresentation of the KNOWN FACTS about UFOs.

My belief in the extraterrestrial hypothesis is based primarily on:

2000 Military pilot reports

3000 Commercial pilot reports

Hundreds of Radar operator reports

Positive comments made by scientists, astronauts, cosmonauts, astronomers.

Positive comments made by senior military people i.e. Generals, Admirals, Colonels etc;""

http://www.prufospolicedatabase.co.uk/index.html

Edited by karl 12

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• karl 12

• skyeagle409

• Evangium

• JonathanVonErich

Hi Karl;

I read a small bit of this and will read the rest when time permits, Interesting to say the least,

As always you come with some good stuff concerning the ufo phenom. :tu:

Regards;

TFF

• 2 months later...

TFF cheers- theres a lot of credible people reporting the subject.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics...-six-years.html

More on PRUFOS from Telegraph newspaper:

UFOs: database of police sightings of records 310 incidents in six years

A database set up to record UFO sightings by police officers has recorded 310 incidents in the past six years.

Gary Heseltine, a British Transport Police officer, has produced an annual report detailing UFO sightings by officers across the country since 2003.

His latest report, published on his PRUFOS (Police Reporting UFO Sightings ) database this week, highlights 50 new cases involving 106 officers - taking the total of individual sightings recorded to 310.

The 48-year-old said: "Police officers are trained to give dispassionate, detailed descriptions of things they see and are highly credible witnesses as a result."

Mr Heseltine said he set-up the database in the mid-Nineties after he found a UFO magazine full of highly credible accounts of sightings by military pilots backed up by radar evidence

Edited by karl 12

Police UFO.com an Australian site advocating officer disclosure.

http://policeufo.com/AuWitsC.html

A few interesting reports from as far back as 1954, however the recommended reading page is just a little biased for my liking.

I think this is a great idea for a site. Police officers are very credible sources, plus the original reports are probably publicly accessible to anyone who wants to dig deeper.

A few interesting reports from as far back as 1954, however the recommended reading page is just a little biased for my liking.

Thanks for posting -very interesting site :tu:

The recommended reading section maybe a little bias but, if you've not read it already,'UFOs and the National Security State' by Richard Dolan is an excellent book and should be read by everyone with an opinion on the subject.

Cheers

Thanks for posting -very interesting site :tu:

The recommended reading section maybe a little bias but, if you've not read it already,'UFOs and the National Security State' by Richard Dolan is an excellent book and should be read by everyone with an opinion on the subject.

Cheers

You're welcome Karl :)

My main bone of contention with the recommended reading, isn't so much the books themselves, but rather the Amerocentric version of ufology they present. Australia actually has a longer history of ufo research than the UK (AFAIK, the world's 2nd & 3rd oldest UFO research groups are Australian), unfortunately it's always been reasonably low key, so what we're now seeing is the younger generation basing their beliefs and attitudes on the topic on the American POV, rather than explore the actual Australian history.

• 1 month later...
My main bone of contention with the recommended reading, isn't so much the books themselves, but rather the Amerocentric version of ufology they present. Australia actually has a longer history of ufo research than the UK

I'd wholeheartedly agree there :)

One of the most common misconceptions,also listed on the MUFON Website, is that the UFO/OVNI subject is not a global phenomenon:

Myth:UFOs are only seen by Americans...

Fact: UFOs have been seen wherever there are people. Every continent has had its share, as has almost every country, though local interest plays a role in the apparent level of activity. Wherever there is someone interested in searching out UFO reports, they will be found, but that doesn't mean the investigator lives in a center of activity.

Some of the first UFOs were seen in Europe and the Pacific (see FAQs #5 and #6). Since then, they have been reported from all continents and probably all countries. There have been major waves of sightings not only in the USA, but in Great Britain, France, Belgium, Russia and elsewhere. Official and private organizations have been established in many countries to study their sightings, and their results are similar to other countries'. The same kinds and variety of UFOs are seen most places, and this has changed little over the years.

Others:

http://www.mufon.com/fastfacts.htm

Also found this other well researched Australian website which catalouges vehicle interference cases.

There are many documented reports but here are just a few:

Jan 1968: Orford, Tas - Ca. 2100hrs

A family were taking a weekend trip around Tas travelling on the east coast. The husband was driving the vehicle at fifty five to sixty five km/h when upon rounding a curve a bright light came over the driver's side. It was a yellowish light but the actual source was not visible. Seconds later the vehicle's lights dimmed for 100-200m. The bright light went out and the vehicle's lights returned to normal. Further on, round a sweeping bend the same thing happened. However, when he came out of the bend and onto the straight, the lights had failed altogether. This took place over fifteen to twenty seconds. The driver stopped the car to investigate. However, the yellow light had gone by this time and the headlights came back on by themselves.

1968/69: Tennant Creek, NT - Night

A group of 10 or so people in a 1952 vehicle were travelling along when the vehicle's motor just died. They then smelt a "hot metal" odour, and a large, dark disc shape rose from nearby and rose into the sky with no sound audible. Their motor vehicle's engine could then be successfuly started

8 Aug 1971: Kadina, SA - 1835hrs

A Mr Boyce, fifty one, left Wallaroo and was driving back to Kadina, alone in his car. About five kilometres out of town his surroundings were illuminated by an orange hue. Suddenly the engine stopped and the lights went out. The ignition light on the dashboard failed to come on, and despite efforts the engine could not be restarted. He steered the car to the side of the road and braked to a halt. Getting out he saw, at fifty metres altitude, an oval shape with three to four "windows". It was stationary, almost directly above the car. It remained motionless for two to three minutes with a continuous buzzing sound being audible. It then left to the south- east. Before it was completely out of sight, he got in the car and started the engine, with the lights then coming on.

20 Feb 1969: Norseman, WA - 1500hrs

A fully fuelled car began "to gasp" as if running out of petrol. A cigar shape was then noticed twenty five metres away near the road. It was ten metres long and moved away above trees, kicking up dust and leaves as it did so. The car then sped ahead. The object disappeared very quickly taking ten seconds to rise and disappear from view.

Mar 1970: Scottsdale, Tas

A forestry worker was driving along when he saw a flash in the sky. His car radio was overcome with static. A soundless, green object, three times the angular size of the full Moon was seen to the rear of the vehicle, at an estimated 200 metres distance

Ca Jul 1972: Melton Mowbray, Tas - Ca. 2000hrs

A twenty five year old housewife was driving at sixty five km/h from Kempton to a cabaret, when looking out her rear vision mirror she saw a light. At first she thought it was a car with one headlight, but it was soundless and no car was to be seen. The light came up behind her and seemed to swoop over the car. The incident lasted some thirty seconds. The engine started to splutter and jerk as if stopping. The car slowed down but was alright when the light had gone.

25 Jul 1972: Frankston, Vic - 2115hrs

The road was lit up by a blue light, and she accelerated the car. Suddenly the engine cut out as it turned off with the key. Thinking it had stalled she turned the ignition key but this had no affect. The car slowed to a halt at the side of the road and stopped all by itself. During this period turning the steering wheel did not alter the direction of travel, pumping the brake was to no avail and putting the gears through all their positions did nothing. However, the lights remained on at all times.

She maintained there were no unusual road bumps as the car came to a halt. There was no feeling of the road being under the wheels. All sounds "drained" out of the air and there was an eerie silence. Then she felt she was receiving a message and a voice appeared to be inside her head. As the impressions ceased the engine started itself, the outside blue light went out and the object was gone. This coincided with the approach of another vehicle. All systems were then back under her control.

30 Nov 1972: Murray Bridge, SA - 2315hrs

Motor mechanic Mr Maxwell was out testing his vehicle when upon coming over a rise in the road, the motor and lights of his car cut out. They came back on but rose and fell in intensity several times. He decided to stop the engine and the car came to a halt.

To his left he saw a "diamond shape with the top cut off" noiselessly sitting on the ground forty five metres away in a paddock. His car radio went "funny", making a noise like a "computer on TV", a constant rhythm.

As soon as he stopped the car he had tried the ignition key but when he turned it nothing happened, not even the oil light came on. He then tried the wipers and the electric air horn but they didn't work either. He locked all the doors and wound up the windows and just sat there for the next forty five minutes.

After this time, the object left and he found he could restart the car quite alright. An inspection of the vehicle next day revealed no cause for the electrical problems.

http://www.project1947.com/kbvehint.htm

Cheers.

Edited by karl 12

My brother-in-law is a serving police officer, he was on night duty a few years back and patrolling an area of South London. He was driving down a stretch of road about 2am, noticed a light to his left about 100yards away. He was driving over a bridge at the time and this light was slightly higher then him but above lower ground. He estimated it to be about 100ft off the ground, he and his college stopped their car on the bridge to get a better look and realised it wasn't stationary but heading their way. It shot past about 100 ft in front of their car and disappeared behind some building and out of sight. He said it was travelling very fast and about the size of a beach ball. They drove around to the buildings and around the area but had no other sighting of it. Then a call came through of domestic violence so their attention was drawn elsewhere.

He's a very matter-of-fact person, so I believe his account is accurate in terms of his honesty.

• 2 weeks later...
He's a very matter-of-fact person, so I believe his account is accurate in terms of his honesty.

SkyScanner thanks for sharing the account-your brother in law sounds like quite a sincere chap.

He could always (anonymously) report it to MUFON -they're quite a well respected organisation and other people may have witnessesed the object too:

http://www.mufon.com/reportufo.htm

Heres another interesting multiple witness police case from Ohio:

It has been reported that the police chase of UFOs in the 1977 movie CLOSE ENCOUNTERS OF THE THIRD KIND was based on an incident on April 17, 1966, in Portage County. In this pursuit, officers from various police agencies followed a UFO into Pennsylvania:

linked-image

One of the most dramatic encounters by police officers with an apparently structured, low-level UFO occurred in the early morning of April 17, 1966. Officers of the Portage County, Ohio, Sheriff's Department first saw the object rise up from near ground level, bathing them in light, near Ravenna, Ohio, about 5:00 A.M.

Ordered by the sergeant to pursue the object, they chased it for eighty-five miles across the border into Pennsylvania, as it seemed to play a cat-and-mouse game with them. Along the route, police officers from other jurisdictions saw the object and joined in the chase.

Deputy Sheriff Dale Spaur and Mounted Deputy Wilbur 'Barney’ Neff had left their scout car to investigate an apparently abandoned automobile on Route 224. Spaur described the sighting in these words:

“I always look behind me so no one can come up behind me. And when I looked in this wooded area behind us, I saw this thing. At this time it was coming up . . . to about tree top level. I'd say about one hundred feet. it started moving toward us...

As it came over the trees, I looked at Barney and he was still watching the car . . . and he didn't say nothing and the thing kept getting brighter and the area started to get light. . . I told him to look over his shoulder, and he did.

linked-image

"He just stood there with his mouth open for a minute, as bright as it was, and he looked down. And I started looking down and I looked at my hands and my clothes weren't burning or anything, when it stopped right over on top of us. The only thing, the only sound in the whole area was a hum . . . like a transformer being loaded or an overloaded transformer when it changes..

"I was petrified, and, uh, so I moved my right foot, and everything seemed to work all right. And evidently he made the same decision I did, to get something between me and it, or us and it, or whatever you would say. So we both went for the car, we got in the car and we sat there..."

As they watched, the UFO moved toward the east, and then stopped again. Spaur picked up the microphone and reported to the dispatcher. At this time, the object was about 250 feet away, brilliantly lighting up the area ("It was very bright; it'd make your eyes water," Spaur said.) Sergeant Schoenfelt, off duty at the station, told them to follow it and keep it under observation while they tried to get a photo unit to the scene.

Spear and Neff turned south on Route 183, then back east on Route 224, which placed the object to their right, and out the left window. “At this time,” said Spaur. "it came straight south, just one motion, buddy, just a smooth glide . . ."and began moving east with them pacing it, just to their right at an estimated altitude of 300-500 feet, illuminating the ground beneath it. Once more the UFO darted to the north, now left of the car, and they sped up to over 100 mph to keep pace with it.

As the sky became brighter with predawn light, Spaur and Neff saw the UFO in silhouette, with a vertical projection at its rear. The object began to take on a metallic appearance as the chase continued.

Spaur kept up a running conversation with other police cars that were trying to catch up with them. Once when they made a wrong turn at an intersection, the object stopped, then turned and came back to their position.

Police Officer Wayne Huston of East Palestine, Ohio, situated near the Pennsylvania border, had been monitoring the radio broadcasts and was parked at an intersection he knew the Portage County officers would he passing soon. Shortly afterward he saw the UFO pass by with the sheriff's cruiser in hot pursuit.

He swung out and joined the chase. At Conway, Pennsylvania, Spaur spotted another parked police car and stopped to enlist his aid, since their Cruiser was almost out of gas. The Pennsylvania officer called his dispatcher.

According to Spaur, as the four officers stood and watched the UFO, which had stopped and was hovering, there was traffic on the radio about jets being scrambled to chase the UFO, and ". . . we could see these planes coming in.... When they started talking about fighter planes, it was just as if that thing head every word that was said; it went PSSSSSHHEW, straight up; and I mean when it went up, friend, it didn't play no games; it went straight up!

http://www.ufocasebook.com/portage.html

Original Audio Interview:

Major Hector Quintanilla, then William B. Weitzel, interviewing police witnesses:

http://www.aliensthetruth.com/UFO_sighting...iew=1&ID=14

Cheers.

Edited by karl 12

Evangium-found this interesting report about the Gosford incident at your link:

1995 Dec 30/31 [NSW] Madness Erupts Over Gosford

NSW On Saturday evening December 30 1995, all phones rang hot at Gosford Police Station as motorists called on their mobile phones to report a large craft hovering above Mooney-Mooney Bridge. Later, dozens of calls flooded in from distressed locals at home. Station Sergeant Bob Wenning states, “People were woken by an intense humming noise. They were genuinely frightened when they saw a huge cylindrical object hovering over the water. It had a polished, ball-like bottom, and as it hovered over the lake, its lights shone down into the water, apparently turning it in to steam”. Callers also reported a brilliant light which “turned night into day”, shining through their bedroom windows.

Patrol cars were sent out to investigate, but whenever police officers came to within 50 meters of it, or car headlights got close, the craft would turn off its own lights and shoot up skywards, out of sight. One police officer reported that it flew away “as if you had a torch beam and whipped it around.” Seasonal parties, previously well behaved, suddenly erupted into antisocial behaviour. Residents reported their animals cowered and hid, and many dogs howled for no apparent reason. Car patrols were dispatched from one spot to another as the object moved back and forth over the area. All callers gave the same account of a saucer-shaped craft, 20 to 30 meters across, surrounded by bright white light, and with intense shafts of light that penetrated the foaming water below, or when away from the water, once the shafts of white light were off, underneath was a red glow or flashing red-orange lights.

The event largely died out around dawn at 5am, after Police units had been dispatched on over 35 calls, one officer relating that the evening reminded him of a night of “Moon Madness”, that phenomenon known to police whereby civil unrest increases during the full moon.

“Callers were genuinely frightened.”

- Sergeant Bob Wenning of the Gosford Police.

Short film:

Cheers

lot's of good stuff. thanks !

Plenty more at this link :) :

http://www.ufoevidence.org/Cases/CaseView....e&offset=16

Including:

UFO hovers over two policemen in patrol car:

Date: February 10, 1977

Summary: Madison County Sheriff's Deputy Kenneth Creel and Constable James Luke were on a routine patrol drive when they witnessed a 30 to 40 foot UFO which approached them at close range. "The thing came right over the car," said Creel. "...The thing just hovered over us, about 20 or 30 feet up, for more than a minute."

Full Report at link:

http://www.ufoevidence.org/cases/case425.htm

---

Police officer observes and photographs disc in Colfax, Wisconsin:

Date: April 19, 1978

Summary: On April 19, 1978, police officer Mark Coltrane was on patrol in the vicinity of Colfax. He then noticed a metalic looking disc raising towards the the sky at a short distance from the parking space. While the object seemed to move towards him, Coltrane picked up his Polaroid camera, came out of the car and snapped some photographs. The object was so close in one of the images that it is possible to notice some details of its lower surface.

Photographs and report at link:

http://www.ufoevidence.org/cases/case877.htm

---

Two police officers have dogfight with UFO during helicopter patrol:

Date: February 27, 1993

Summary: Two Jefferson County air unit police officers — described by their lieutenant as "solid guys" — swear they had a two-minute dogfight with a UFO during a routine helicopter patrol Friday night.

Two officers on the ground said they, too, spotted the object. The UFO — a glowing pear-shaped object about the size of a basketball — literally flew circles around the helicopter, even though the fliers say they were moving at speeds approaching 100 mph.

http://www.ufoevidence.org/cases/case764.htm

---

Sheriff reveals 1966 UFO encounter:

Date: August 9, 1966

Summary: "I happened to look up and there was that UFO right above the cornfield, it was just hovering right up above the power lines" about 200 feet in the air, Mathews said. The craft, which Mathews described as white and about 30 feet in diameter, made hardly a sound and emitted no light. "It was just like the ones you see on TV," Mathews said.

http://www.ufoevidence.org/cases/case1073.htm

----

South African constables observe disc-shaped object resting on highway:

Date: September 16, 1965

Summary: On the night of September 16 two Pretoria, S. Africa, constables came upon a disc-shaped object resting on the highway. The headlights of their police van illuminated the copper-colored object which appeared to be about 30 feet in diameter. On top of the UFO was a small dome. In seconds the UFO suddenly lifted off the road, emitting tongues of flame.

http://www.ufoevidence.org/cases/case555.htm

---

Patrol Car Illuminated by UFO:

Date: September 3, 1965

Summary: Purple and blue lights were attached to opposite ends of an enormous object, hovering about 150 feet from witnesses at about a 100-foot altitude. Object appeared to be triangular shaped, about 200 feet wide and 40-50 feet thick in the middle, tapering off toward both ends.

http://www.ufoevidence.org/cases/case38.htm

---

Multiple Police witness Flying Disc,New Jersey:

Date: September 15, 1962

Summary: A series of New Jersey police sightings after a reported disc landing in a reservoir. The action began on September 15, when two shiny discs were seen by multiple independent witnesses. On September 21, four Hawthorne police officers watched a device with two beams like headlights. Just after midnight, September 24, the same or a similar device was seen over the quarry by over a dozen Hawthorne police officers and the chief reporter of the N. J. State Press,George Penta.

http://www.ufoevidence.org/cases/case796.htm

---

Red Bluff Incident

Date: August 13, 1960

Summary: California Highway Patrol Officers Charles A. Carson and Stanley Scott were on patrol when they sighted what they thought was an airliner about to crash. When the UFO had descended to about 100 or 200 feet altitude it suddenly reversed direction and climbed to 500 ft. Description: round or oblong surrounded by a glow (color not mentioned) and having definite red lights at each end. They continued to watch the UFO as it performed "unbelievable" aerial feats. (NICAP, 1964)

http://www.ufoevidence.org/cases/case107.htm

---

Two patrolmen see glowing red UFO in New Jersey:

Date: December 20, 1958

Summary: Patrolmen LeRoy A. Arboreen and B. Talada were on night patrol when they saw an object coming from the west. "At first it looked like a red hot piece of coal about the size of a quarter held at arm's length. In a matter of seconds it was as large as a ruler held at arm's length... The body of the object was solid bright red and it gave off a pulsating red glow... The object hovered a few seconds, then made a left turn and again hovered for a few seconds, then went straight up like a shot."

http://www.ufoevidence.org/cases/case639.htm

---

Star-shaped objects observed for several nights over Ingolstadt, Germany -witnessed by 12 Police Officers:

Date: September 6, 1979

Summary: Star-shaped objects were observed for several nights in September 1979 over the city of Ingolstadt. Since that time members of MUFON-CES, the German UFO research organization, have interviewed several flight controllers, a dozen police officers and numerous other witnesses. They have also analyzed photographs and radar recordings that where made on film.

Full Report:

http://www.ufoevidence.org/cases/case653.htm

---

Police officer observes unknown craft:

"I observed an aircraft, approx. 150-200ft above ground level and approx 300-500ft slant range from my location. It was rolling out of a right bank and the streetlights were illuminating it enough so that I could see a distinct silhouette of the fuselage and the underbelly. This object appeared to be the same color as the night sky, flat black or dark gray. There were no lights, no exhaust flames and no engine noise... just absolute silence!"

Sketch of the craft by the Police Officer at link:

http://www.ufoevidence.org/cases/case1155.htm

---

25 witnesses,including Police Officers, observe black,oval shaped object:

Date: 2002

Summary: And in a clear sky overhead and to the south was a black object in the oval shape of a rugby ball! It was not moving and stayed exactly where it was as we approached. It seemed to be about 2000 feet above the ground near our Central Park and about the size of a 747. Many people pulled off the highway to look at it, including 2 policemen.

http://www.ufoevidence.org/cases/case1137.htm

---

Three Huntington Police Officers See Circular Flying Object:

Date: December 26, 2003

Summary: "The object, seen from just north of the city Police Station, came out of the northwest to the steeple of a near by Catholic Church, then shot straight back north. It didn't make any noise, and it remained in their sight for less than a minute.

http://www.ufoevidence.org/cases/case483.htm

---

Edited by karl 12

Multiple witnesses,including police,observe large boomerang-shaped object over motorway:

Date: 1975

Summary: From the witness: "It was approximately the size of a high school football field, but not quite as wide. It had lights on each end and in the middle with blue square lights all across the back end of the wings.... We noticed that there was absolutely no sound at all and that it didn't fluctuate or "flutter" and that it just floated in the air. We saw structure, that is we saw the body of the vehicle. No rivets or seams, just the silver/grey color of the body."

Full Report at link:

http://www.ufoevidence.org/cases/case1066.htm

---

Police Officer witnessess large, disk-shaped craft,domed top,with lights:

Date: April 2, 2004

Summary: Six lights strung together, estimated to be 600 feet in length, and 500 ft. distance. Craft was disk in shape with a dome stucture on top. 2nd witness thought the lights were windows with luminating lights from inside the craft.

http://www.ufoevidence.org/cases/case85.htm

---

Police UFO sighting in South Dakota:

Date: November 27, 1976

Summary: Police radio dispatcher witnesses a large, somewhat egg-shaped object, blue at its base, but flashing multi-colored lights (mostly red) higher up and having two protruding legs or antennae.

Full Report at link:

http://www.ufoevidence.org/cases/case352.htm

---

Zamora Incident ,1964:

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...=146956&hl=

Cheers.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...=146956&hl=

Edited by karl 12

karl 12, I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your efforts in bringing these and many other items to the forum.

Richard

Richard - thanks for the kind words,I think its quite surprising just how many credible police UFO reports there actualy are.

Heres a very interesting one from Puerto Rico:

Reserved Matter: Gigantic UFOs in Our Coasts

Among the incidents of this type that occurred in recent years, which have upset the federal and local authorities in the Island, there are two that we will discuss briefly.

The first one has to do with the sighting, two pilots, one of them member of the Police of Puerto Rico, had in the summer of 1995, of an extraordinary flying saucer type craft in waters south of the municipality of Guayanilla.

In a conversation, the officer, who asked us to maintain his identity as anonymous for the moment, told us what they saw: "That it was incredible - said the officer.

We left in a private Cessna airplane from “Cabo Rojo (West)” to the Airport of Mercedita, in Ponce [south of the Island].

It was about 3:00 PM and it was a beautiful day, sunny, clear, without clouds. We were flying a few miles to the south of Guayanilla, over the sea,and suddenly we saw that object.... It was an incredible sight...There, submerged just below the waters, surface, was an object similar to an enormous flying saucer.

It was submerged, under water, but not very deep, and we could appreciate its details. It was a very big object, round and appeared to be metallic, opaque gray in color, like flat pewter aluminum.

It had four stories, with each smaller in diameter, like a cake, and in each floor it had what seemed to be many square windows. On the top floor or section it had a large dome, very big, also metallic. It seemed to us that it was 400 some feet in diameter. We could not believe what we saw. It was something extraordinary.

The police officer told us that they decided to examine it, circling the object and discovered, with great amazement, that the object measured at least a mile in diameter. It took them seven minutes to totally circumvent the object.

The enormous object, in the shape of a disc, was just lying under water without any sign of activity, either in its interior, or outside of it.

With great astonishment and a bit scared, they decided to leave the area, landing later at the Mercedita Airport in Ponce. Once there, they told other people about what they saw, and they were told of similar incidents that had occurred in the region.

As it were, a couple of days after the sighting of the great UFO, better described as USO (unidentified submerged object) two fishermen from the area had an impressive encounter with a similar object perhaps the same one, of gargantuan dimensions, that exited from the sea in front of them surrounded by great luminosity. Both fishermen suffered what appeared to be severe radiation burns and were medically treated.

http://www.waterufo.net/item.php?id=885

More on UFO/USO/OVNI Reports from Puerto Rico:

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...=148197&hl=

Cheers.

Edited by karl 12

Declassified MOD file:

A drawing of a dome-shaped UFO with flashing coloured lights that was drawn by a police officer called to a house in Stanmore, North London, one night in August 1984. The sketch was attached to a report by the Metropolitan Police to the Ministry of Defence.

linked-image

http://www.forteantimes.com/strangedays/uf..._mod_files.html

---

UFO Police Eyewitnesses 1967:

Two local policemen in the West Country of England describe the unidentified flying object they witnessed.

Source: ITN News.

---

History Channel Documentary on Police UFO Reports:

A worldwide look at various encounters between police officers and UFOs, including cases in California, New Mexico and amazing cases in the UK

http://www.kewego.co.uk/video/iLyROoaftOI4.html

---

Belgium Police report huge UFO.

Interview:

http://www.disclose.tv/action/viewvideo/10...ice_F16_Pilots/

---

Police encounter UFO -England 1978.

Interview:

Interesting police case from Lithuania - declassified CIA report underneath:

UFO witnessed by two Police Officers near Vilnius, Lithuania, June,1996.

Article published in the daily newspaper France Soir, France.

linked-image

A UFO in Vilnius.

Am unidentified flying object was seen not far from Vilnius and was observed during half an hour by two police officers who launched an alert to all the police forces of the Lithuanian capital. At about 0:30, in the night from Tuesday to Wednesday, on the Vilnius-Misdininkaï road, close to the village of Nemajis, the UFO - an rounf, luminous object with shaky pulsations - stationed 20 to 30 meters above ground-level, according to the testimonies of the police officers. "At the same time, one heard a strange noise similar to electric or electronic crackling," they specified. But when they arrived at 50 meters approximately of the object, it started to move, rose in the air then moved away quickly.

Formerly classified document dated June 25, 1996 and released March 25, 1997 from the archives of the CIA

(CIA still collects information on UFOs worldwide in 1996):

linked-image

http://ufologie.net/indexe.htm

The Gosford UFO was spectacular to say thye least. Have a look at Gosford UFO on youtube. there is a great re-enactment. I have a holiday house there and people still talk about that night. 1000's saw it.

Edited by Philt

The Gosford UFO was spectacular to say the least.

Philt,thanks for the reply -its certainly a very interesting case and it appears the Gosford area has had a lot of unexplained sightings over the years.

If you've not seen it before, theres a great documentary on this thread about Australian UFO incidents called 'Oz encounters':

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...143105&st=0

Cheers.

Edited by karl 12

More interesting police reports from the Royal Canadian Mounted Police:

Files obtained from the National Archives of Canada

The following account is from the actual transcripts of sightings filed with, first, the National Research Council, and finally, archived and microfilmed by the National Archives of Canada. The National Research Council maintained a file of unidentified aerial phenomena (UFOs) under a category titled: "Non-Meteoric Sightings". UFOs referred to below are "unidentified flying objects"... unidentified to the observer.

RCMP Officers Chase UFO, Southern Saskatchewan, 1973:

At just before 8 pm on a clear November evening a citizen telephoned the local RCMP detachment to report that he had seen, what he believed to be, a large 150 foot (45 meters) red and orange, fast moving UFO.

Two RCMP constables were dispatched and arrived in the area where the citizen reported that the sighting took place. At first they saw nothing but decided to drive around some of the grid roads to have a look. After driving a short while, they noticed, what one officer called "an odd set of lights" west of their location so they drove in that direction.

After driving a ways (and we gather from the reports that they did not have the light in view all time), they crested a hill and before them, no more than a mile (1.4 km) away was a very bright light. As they drove toward the light with the headlights on their police cruiser on, the object (UFO) disappeared. Turning off the their car's headlights, the UFO then re-appeared again. The object first appeared to be on or very near the ground and the two constables watched as the object changed color from orange to red then fading and becoming bright once more. The officers estimated the size of the object to be about 150 feet in diameter (45 meters).

After a short period of time the UFO appeared to gain altitude to about 100 feet (30 metres) and started to move toward the two startled police officers. As the UFO got closer, the officers were able to make out what one described as a "mushroom shaped object" and the other explained as an "upside-down saucer". Both agreed that the UFO was quite large and had red and orange lights completely encasing it. At no time did they hear any noise coming from the object.

Now another RCMP officer arrived with 15 civilian E.M.O. members on snowmobiles. The snowmobiles were able to move across the farmer's fields directly toward the UFO but each time they would get close, the object would quickly move away. A number of individuals, including at least one of the RCMP officers had a look at the UFO through a rifle scope. Their comment in the report of one officer was that through the rifle scope... "It appeared to have portholes!"

The UFO then gained some altitude and flew off quickly to the east following the contours of the terrain.

http://www.ufologie.net/indexe.htm

----

UFO sighted by 4 RCMP Officers in Saskatchevan, 1975:

NRC LIB OTT

13-15 REGINA S/DIV APR19

PRIORITY/PRIORITY MJ APR19 UNCLAS

NRC METEOR CENTRE

INFO NANFOREHEG

COMMISSIONER OTT

MJ11

SUBJECT: UFO REPORT

A. Date/Time: 18 April 75. 9:30 pm to 11:45 pm Central Standard Time

B. Weather/Atmospheric Conditions: Sky clear with scattered clouds

C. Prime Witness(es): Observers: Mr. ---- , Miss ----

D. Location: Township 18, Range 25, west of 2nd Meridian

E. Other Witness(es): (Names withheld: 1 Cpl. and 3 Constables all from Moose Jaw Det. R C M Police)

F. Description: High intensity white light, no shape discernable, altitude varying from below cloud level to above cloud level. Single object observed to move from west of Moose Jaw to approx 30 miles NW of Moose Jaw during time of sighting.

G. Duration: Duration of sighting approx 2 hours.

H. Other Information: Check with Regina ATC showed no radar contact with object. UFO observed until Air Canada flight from Regina to Edmonton reached approx location of object at which time it disappeared. Aircraft lights and UFO observed in same general area immediate prior to disappearance.

Moose Jaw Det R C M Police

----

Other:

Ontario Provincial Reports two UFOs ,1975:

NRC REED OTT

COMM SQN OTT

PUZ002/03

P 031100Z NOV 75

FM 22 NORAD REGION HEADQUARTERS NORTH BAY

RO RCCWC/NDHQ OTTAWA

INFO RCCPUCX/NATIONAL RESEARCH COUNCIL OTTAWA

BT

UNCLASS 22NRCC 119

FOR NDCC AND NRC RADIO AND ENGINEERING DIVISION

SUBJ: UFO REPORT

A. Date/Time: 3 Nov 75 0945Z

B. Weather/Atmospheric Conditions: Clear

C. Prime Witness(es): OPP Constables --- and ---.

D. Location: Haileybury, Ont.

E. Other Witness(es): Civilian radio operator --- plus employees of radio station and Northern Telephone Co.

F. Description: Round bright white light the size of a street lamp observed hovering NE of Haileybury with fingers of white light (coming) from it. In addition, just north of this object was another large light giving off red, white and green light. After approx one hour the objects commenced moving slowly south and appeared to climb higher although altitude difficult to estimate, observers state. Objects about 50 times larger and brighter than a star.

G. Duration: Still being observed at 1100Z.

H. Other Information: Nil.

NRC REED OTT

Report N75/145 000050 Reel T-1742

----

RCMP Constables Report A UFO:

NRC REED ONT

RCMP BDN

1/3 BDN JUN25

PRIORITY DEFERRED BDN DET JUN25 UNCLAS

COMMR OTT

INFO D DIV WPG

NATIONAL RESEARCH COUNCIL METEOR CENTRE OTTAWA

BDN33 Brandon Det. reports the sightings of an illuminated object in the sky approx. 5 miles west of Kirkhams Bridge area in the RM of Daly, Man. The light was first noted by Reg. No.----, Cst.---- at approx. 11:10 pm, 20 June 75 while on patrol in a PC on the Grand Valley Road south of the Kirkhams Bridge area.

At approx. 11:30 pm Reg. No.---- Cst.---- and Reg. No.---- Cst.---- of Brandon Det. were in the Kirkhams Bridge area on patrol in another PC when they also sighted the same light.

The object appeared as a bright white light suspended approx 220 to 300 ft. off the ground. It was stationary and on several occasions was observed to become brighter.

Cst.---- attempted to close with it in the PC with negative results. He pursued the object to approx. 3 miles southeast of Hamiota, Man. where it disappeared at approx. 12:30 am, 21 June 75 and could not be located again.

When Cst.'s---- and ---- first saw the object they followed it on PTH 21 towards Hamiota where it disappeared. A red flash was observed in the white light just before it suddenly disappeared.

After it disappeared it was established that there was nothing in the area where it had been seen to indicate it could have been mistaken for a star.

At approx. 11:30 pm, 20 June 75, the Brandon Airport Tower was contacted and they confirmed there was no aircraft in the area then or since the object had been sighted.

It is the opinion of the writer this unknown object could be classified as a UFO and this is also the opinion of the other members involved.

NRC REED OTT

RCMP BRANDON

Report N75/080 000026 Reel T-1742

----

UFO Emits Bright Flash of Light That Temporarily Blinds RCMP Constable - 1976:

NRC DEE OTT

COMM SQN OTT

PUZ 016/23

FM RESCUE CO-ORDINATION CENTRE VICTORIA

TO RCCWC/NATIONAL DEFENCE HEADQUARTERS OTTAWA

INOF RCCPUCX/NATIONAL RESEARCH COUNCIL FOR RADIO AND ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING DIVISION ONT

UNCLAS RCC 113

UFO REPORT

A. Date/Time: 220845Z April 22, 1976

B. Weather/Atmospheric Conditions: Clear

C. Prime Witness(es): Constable ---, Terrace RCMP

D. Location: Highway 16, Approximately 6 miles west of Terrace

E. Other Witness(es): None

F. Description: Red flashing light first appeared two miles ahead of the RCMP which was heading west on Highway 16. As the car rounded curve the light was observed off to the left of the highway and about 100 yards above the trees. A bright flash on the RCMPs car windshield temporarily blinded the constable and then disappeared. The constable was unable to see any shapes or color other than the red light.

G. Duration: 4 minutes.

H. Other Information: Constable searched the area right after the sighting and again the next morning with no results. No airplanes reported missing or overdue.

BT

NRC DEE OTT

Report N76/018 000061 and 000062 Reel T-1742

Edited by karl 12

Quote made by British Detective Constable Gary Heseltine from PRUFOS:

"There are some definite flight type characteristics that are seen now that I would say represent genuine UFOs...ie: instant acceleration; instant stop; vertical acceleration -up into the air and down to the ground; reverses in direction; right angle turns -all in silence -multiple objects sometimes separating and then going back into each other.

They are classic,what I would call,genuine UFO characteristics -things that we can not do in a conventional sense".

British Detective Constable Gary Heseltine - Police UFO reporting organisation,PRUFOS

----

Two police officers in UK encounter UFO:

Date:December 12, 1978

Yorkshire, United Kingdom.

Summary: At 4:30 a.m., a lonely police patrol car was driving on a remote country road along the Cononley Moor. In the car were Sgt.

Anthony Dodd and Constable Alan Dale. They saw a bright white light that seemed to be diving towards them in a glide - a big shining disc which flew

over their heads at a speed of about 40 mph. At its closest, it

was hardly 100 feet away from them, so that they could see a number of details. "It was a huge thing, about 100 feet in diameter, and it made no noise whatsoever."

Sketch of UFO seen by Police Officers:

linked-image

Police Constable Anthony Dodd witness testimony:

linked-image

Suddenly, a loud static noise, hissing and rustling, tore Sgt. Dodd out of his reverie. They were just then driving into a curve when, to the right, a bright white light seemed to be diving towards them in a glide. They thought it was a burning airplane so they drove to the side and stopped the car to see what was happening and where it would land, in case help was required. It was, however, no airplane but a big shining disc which flew over their heads at a speed of about 40 mph. At its closest, it was hardly 100 feet away from them,so that they could see a number of details.

When I interviewed Dodd in 1991 for my documentary film UFOs: The Secret

Evidence, he explained,"It had a dome with ports all around it. The bottom was surrounded by colored lights like neon lights in blue, red, green and white which blinked in a sequence as if they were rotating, and in the middle there were three spheres or hemispheres. It was a huge thing, about 100 feet in diameter, and it made no noise whatsoever. What fascinated me even more was that the object was enveloped in a kind of halo which made its entire metallic structure glow white. It flew slowly over our heads and seemed to land at a place behind a group of trees. But we couldn 't see or check that out because at that point it was too far away and in the middle of the moor." "What

on Earth was that?" asked Constable Dale breaking the silence, brought back to reality by the penetrating cold. Sgt. Dodd's answer came minutes after that."I don't know, but it was wonderful."

http://www.colinandrews.net/TonyDoddPassing.html

Edited by karl 12

Police officers witness UFO rise from the sea.

Two policemen patrolling the seafront at midnight on Sunday, September 1, at Porthcawl, Glamorgan, Wales, saw a blood-red object with a jagged black streak across its centre rise out of the water on the horizon.

Chief-Inspector Reginald Jones, of "D" Division, Glamorgan Police, told Flying Saucer Review that the two policemen thought at first that they were seeing a ship on fire on the horizon towards Ilfracombe. But then it rose out of the water like a blood-red sun, a good deal larger than a full-sized harvest moon.

While the two police officers watched, two more streaks appeared above and below. It remained at sea level, then suddenly took off at a fantastic speed towards the Atlantic.

Chief-Inspector Jones said the report had gone to top level.

http://www.waterufo.net/item.php?id=148

---

16 Security Police witness UFO rise from the sea:

Another interesting incident in Puerto Rico took place on August 18, 1968, at 2:30 a.m. at Ramey AFB, and involves Sgt. Thomas Carulli, who signed a statement for APRO. The statement, which was obtained through APRO Field Investigator John R. Artie, an Air Force member now stationed at Beale AFB in California, goes as follows:

"At approximately August 18, 1968, at approximately 2:30 a.m., off Borinquen Beach, Ramey AFB, Puerto Rico, fifteen other security policemen and myself observed what was believed to be known as an unidentified flying object.

"Visibility was unlimited. The UFO seemed to be rising from the ocean but when first seen it was appearing to be at a 45-degree angle above the surface and rising. While also rising it seemed to yaw to its sides emitting a very bright, almost florescent light which was similar to that of an unblinking strobe light.

The reason why it seemed this way was because there appeared to be struts or bars or (you could say) window panes. These struts were verticle (sic) and there were about six of them. They reminded me of the crown on the Statue of Liberty but their greatest width seemed to be in their center.

"When it reached its zenith, which in itself appeared to be no more than 1500 ft. off the ground, it lingered there for a few minutes; all the while it emitted thin light which lit up the whole area which before was in complete darkness.

"It was circular or sphere-like, more like if you held only your fingertips and your wrists together not letting the palms of your hands touch, in fact, if you would do this with your hands and turn your hands to your face with the fingers at eye level this is what the UFO most nearly looked like.

"Its size was close to a half-dollar at arm's length. It emitted no sound. Lights around us didn't dim either. While in its zenith the UFO seemed to pulsate and fluxed from side to side or wobbled. Then another orb of light came from it.

"This was a light about the size of a dime held at arm's length. It stayed by the side of the first UFO, then it too fluxed or wobbled and shot straight upwards until it was nearly invisible.

Then it just seemed to hang there almost indistinguishable from the other stars. After two or three more minutes passed, the first UFO wobbled, turned on its side and darted upwards and outwards in a north-north-westerly direction until it disappeared.

"This whole spectacular phenomenon took about 12-17 minutes in its entirety."

http://www.waterufo.net/item.php?id=738

Edited by karl 12

Police UFO/USO Quotes:

"At first I though we were seeing a ship on fire on the horizon towards Ilfracombe. But then it rose out of the water like a blood-red sun, a good deal larger than a full-sized harvest moon.It remained at sea level, then suddenly took off at a fantastic speed towards the Atlantic."

Chief-Inspector Reginald Jones, of "D" Division, Glamorgan Police - object also witnessed by another officer,09-01-1957.

“I saw something in the sky that I didn't know what it was,it was over Highway Two about fifteen hundred feet, a large, lighted ball about six feet in diameter. It was going toward the beach very slowly.I was in the parking lot of the Hilton when they called me from the police department.They told me to go to the beach because a great many people were watching this object.

When I got there, the object was already hovering over the water about two or three miles off the beach. There were about five hundred people watching. There are about four public housing areas right there and all the people from the housing areas were there. I saw one light coming down but when I got to the beach I noticed there were two objects in the water, not together but about a mile away from each other. They were hovering over the water, right about at the water level.

Because of the distance I couldn’t tell if it was a few feet over the water or if they were actually touching the water. The first object stayed about an hour but the second one lasted at least four hours.

People came out of their houses to see the view and people came in cars, parked on the side of the street and went to the beach to see what was happening. I stayed until midnight, mostly keeping an eye on the group so there wouldn’t be any problems.

It was pretty high, like an orange-yellow light. I don't know exactly the size. As it came down it got larger. It was pretty good sized.

The police got many, many phone calls, all night. We called the Coast Guard but they didn’t come. They said it wasn't an emergency.

I think they were mystery objects. I was impressed by what I saw.There were many other officers who saw this."

Mayagüez Police Lieutenant Cesar Grácia -1977, Mayaquez, Puerto Rico - on witnessing two Large Glowing UFOs Enter & Emerge from Ocean.

"It was a real big triangular object,completely engulfed in a bright yellow light ... It seemed to be at an altitude of about 500 feet above the ground, over property belonging to Camp García. I calculated the altitude based on the height of some trees in the area. What intrigued me the most was that the thing was suspended right over the area where the US Navy has an airstrip or runway for their planes to land and take off ... And that it was an unidentified flying object.

There were no military exercises at the time, so what was that object, that triangle of light, doing there over the runway? Thinking that I was observing something I shouldnt be seeing, I left the site at once. But from that moment on, I realized something very strange is taking place on the land controlled by the US Navy.

This has happened on many occasions, sometimes between 9 and 11 PM, and sometimes around 2 or 3 in the morning.They come out from the sea at a spot right in the middle of Punta Arenas and Roosevelt Roads Naval Station in Ceiba".

Wilfredo Feliciano- Director of the Vieques Municipal Police Department,Puerto Rico.

"It was cigar shaped and yellow in colour.It travelled along slowly for a few seconds, then shot off into the night at a fantastic speed. We didnt know what it was, nor had we ever seen anything like it but many reports have been made at the police station of strange lights and objects".

Police Constable William Bryne -Banbury, Oxfordshire.

Object also witnessed by Police Constable Perry Jackson.

It was approximately 50 feet in length. There were portholes on the side but there were no visible signs of propulsion. The ship appeared to be metallic and gave off a bright glow. There was a low whirring sound coming from it.

Police Constable Brian Earnshaw - Bacup, Lancashire,October 1969

Two other uniformed officers, PC Colin Donahoe and Malcolm Reader also witnessed the object from a different location.

There was an eerie, greenish-grey glow in the sky. Then I picked out an object about thirty feet long and built up in three sections with the top looking like a dustbin lid. It gave off a high pitched whine. I was paralysed. I just couldnt believe it.

Police Constable Colin Perks - Wilmslow, Cheshire,March 1966

"It was a giant plate of light. It lit up the whole horizon with a glare. It was flying low over the landscape and appeared to be spinning"

Police Constable Eric Pinnock - Warminster, Wiltshire,30/11/65

"The light would throb with an increased intensity prior to each change of colour and hover in the sky for some time and then dart and cover large distances, doing a number of right-angled turns at high speed".

Senior Constable Andrew Luhrs -Gladstone,Southern Australia,May 22, 1996

"We made several attempts to follow it, or I should say get closer to it, but the object seemed aware of us and we were more successful remaining motionless and allow it to approach us, which it did on several occasions.Each time the object neared us, we experienced radio interference.

The object was shaped like a football, the edges, or I should say outside of the object were clear to us...the glow was emitted by the object, was not a reflection of other lights".

California Highway Patrol Officer Charles A. Carson - California, United States, August 13, 1960.

Object also witnessed by Police Officer Stanley Scott

"I happened to look up and there was that UFO right above the cornfield, it was just hovering right up above the power lines. -i t was just like the ones you see on TV.

Then it took off like a bullet, just tremendously fast -if I live to be 100, I'll never forget it,"

Henrico County Sheriff A.D. "Toby" Mathews Richmond , Virginia, United States August 9, 1966

"The bulk of the object was plainly visible at this time and appeared to be triangular shaped with a bright purple light on the left end and the smaller, less bright, blue light on the right end. The bulk of the object appeared to be dark gray in color with no other distinguishing features. It appeared to be about 200 feet wide and 40-50 feet thick in the middle, tapering off toward both ends. There was no noise or any trail. The bright purple light illuminated the ground directly underneath it and the area in front of it, including the highway and the interior of our patrol car.

After arriving at approximately its original position,it went straight up in the air and disappeared at 25-30 degrees above the horizon."

Deputy Sheriff Bob Goode Damon, Texas, United States September 3, 1965

Object also witnessed by Chief Deputy Billy McCoy

"I know I'm not crazy .. I've always said I didn't believe in this stuff,I don't know what I saw, but I know I saw something . . It's just hard to describe what happened. It looked like an evening star or something,but it kept getting brighter and bigger.

I heard a whirring noiselike a blender . . Like it was straining, when you first put ice in itand then the UFO started coming closer.

The thing came right over the car,It came right to us, like it was being piloted - the thing just hovered over us, about 20 or 30 feet up, for more than a minute.

There was light coming out from little windows and light changed colors several times, from soft blue to red to green and other colors. It didn't spin or anything. It just hovered around there -then the thing just picked up and took off, north west, toward Satartia."

Madison County Sheriff's Deputy Kenneth Creel - Flora, Mississippi, United States,February 10, 1977

Object also witnessed by Highway Patrolman Louis Younger.

"I always look behind me so no one can come up behind me. And when I looked in this wooded area behind us, I saw this thing. At this time it was coming up...to about tree top level. I'd say about one hundred feet. it started moving toward us.... As it came over the trees, I looked at Barney and he was still watching the car...and he didn't say nothing and the thing kept getting brighter and the area started to get light...I told him to look over his shoulder, and he did.

He just stood there with his mouth open for a minute, as bright as it was, and he looked down. And I started looking down and I looked at my hands and my clothes weren't burning or anything, when it stopped right over on top of us.The only thing, the only sound in the whole area was a hum...like a transformer being loaded or an overloaded transformer when it changes....

.... it went PSSSSSHHEW, straight up; and I mean when it went up, friend, it didn't play no games; it went straight up."

Deputy Sheriff Dale Spaur Portage County,Ohio,April 17, 1966

Also witnessed by Deputy Wilbur Neff.

"This object came at us from the west. At first it looked like a red hot piece of coal about the size of a quarter held at arm's length. In a matter of seconds it was as large as a ruler held at arm's length. That is when it came to a complete stop.

"The shape of the object was distinct. The body of the object was solid bright red and it gave off a pulsating red glow completely around the object. The object hovered a few seconds, then made a left turn and again hovered for a few seconds, then went straight up like a shot. We watched it until it completely faded beyond the stars."

Patrolman LeRoy A. Arboreen - Dunellen, New Jersey, United States December 20, 1958

Object also witnessed by Patrolman B. Talada.

Strange multiple Police Officer UFO Report - USSR ,1991:

USA intelligence report about a UFO close encounter in USSR in 1991, as reported by Soviet Press Agency TASS.

A fascinating case with several classic ingredients: car stops,memory loss,object emitting rays,trustworthy witnesses..

Title: ALMA-ATA PATROLMEN REPORT UFO SIGHTING.

Origin: CIA, from TASS Agency report.

To: Numerous recipients including PSY OP

Date: April 19, 1991

Length: 1 page among at least 93 pages.

Classification: Unclassified

THE DOCUMENT:

linked-image

---

Police UFO Report -Pretoria, South Africa, August 28,1996:

Six days after a flap in Brasilia, a solitary UFO appeared in the early morning sky over Pretoria, capital of South Africa. The story broke on August 28 in a news report by the South African Broadcasting Co. (SABC-TV) in Johannesburg.

The UFO appeared over Erasmuskloof, a suburb of Pretoria, at 4 a.m. on Wednesday, August 28, 1996. Police Sgt. Johann Becker told SABC-TV that the "light was floating in the air. When we went outside to investigate, we realized it was something from another world." He described it as "a disc-shaped object slightly glowing. We also noticed what looked like a red triangular light on the disc."

The sighting took place near the Adrian Vlok police station. At first, when the witnesses called for backup, they were laughed at. But then, as more reports came in from Centurion, South African police responded in force, sending in their Flying Squad (SWAT team), canine unit and mobile units from all over Pretoria.

The police watched the hovering UFO for 90 minutes. One officer, Nico Stander, reportedly shot videotape of the object. Meanwhile, the police sent a helicopter to investigate. The chopper was piloted by Col. Fred Vijoen and had four officers aboard. Col. Vijoen was afterward interviewed by SABC-TV:

"...a bright light above Mamelodi, a township near Pretoria, about 70 degrees above the horizon. It is the first time in my life I've ever seen anything like this. At first I thought it was a joke when I was called out, but soon came to realize that this was something I had never experienced before. We were going after it full speed, and it still outran us. What was very unusual were the undulating motions of the craft. I followed the white disk with the unusual flight patterns in the direction of Cullinan. It traveled at a high speed. We could not keep up with it, and eventually had to give up when lack of fuel became a problem."

Interview of Col. Vijoien by "Rapport", the leading South African Sunday newspaper.