Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

World's most expensive Christmas tree

Owlscrying

The world's most expensive Christmas tree has just gone on display in Japan - and it worth a cool £1million.

Despite the recession, the makers have created the dazzling 24k gold tree to create a "gorgeous atmosphere".

The tree is decorated with more than 240 jewels including diamond baubles and strings of pearls, weighs more than 21 kilograms - and is worth (£1million) 150million yen.

The tree went on display this week at the Ginza Tanaka jewellery shop in Shinsaibashi, Osaka.

"Economic sentiment is sluggish. But, at least in this store, we want people to feel a gorgeous atmosphere," a store official said.

Source / Pic

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MissMelsWell

• Barnacle Battlefront

• Owlscrying

• Still Waters

Top Posters In This Topic

Meanwhile, somewhere in the world people are starving :rolleyes:

I expected the tree to be massive, it's nothing special to look at IMO....

I will not be hetting this tree, that's for sure.

"But I, being poor, have only my dreams. I have spread my dreams under your feet; tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. "

WBY

Unbelievable that they want the people who are being hit economically to have a gorgeous atmosphere, by looking at this twitty expensive tree. I'd be fuming if I saw something like this and was wondering how I was going to put food on the table. Nothing surprises me anymore.. :rolleyes:

Looks like its made out of foil? :huh:

If I had a 500 million dollars I still wouldn't buy this. How big is Christmas in Japan by the way. hmmmm

Ok, if you really look at this picture, this isn't really a christmas tree. It's a gold tree, and not even solid gold. That's gold leaf over paper or something similar (big whoop, I have gold leaf sheets at my house--it's not even particularly expensive). Then they took their stock of bracelets, rings, necklaces and tacked them to the gold leaf tree. This isn't anything remarkable. The jewelry store up the street from me has something similar as a display piece!

This stupid tree is just a cheesy counter display for their jewelry stock. Unimpressed. Not a tiny bit of thought or creativity went into it. It's not even pretty! LOL.

Ya, I beg to differ... here's Christmas tree that must certainly cost more than million if you decided to buy it (and theoretically you could, all all the parts are available through Swarovski). It's covered in thousands of crystal ornaments.

This is the Swarovski Crystal tree which graces the Eaton Mall in Toronto. Now THAT'S beautiful. I've heard people who have seen it up close say it is absolutely breathtaking.

linked-image

Edited by MissMelsWell

That puny tree is nothing compared to the tree in the above post , come to look at it , any tree is better than the puny diamond tree , it's 1 million , so what , it looks like crap.