Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Facebook gatecrashers' at Sweet 16 party

Owlscrying

A girl's 16th birthday party inspired by MTV reality show My Super Sweet 16 was targeted by 400 'Facebook gatecrashers' who vandalised her family's £1 million listed townhouse.

When Georgina Hobday's parents, Sylvia and Michael, agreed to have a party based on the MTV programme "My Super Sweet 16" at their home in Brighton, East Sussex, they were well aware of the tales of destruction wrought by teenagers on houses in the past.

So, with a guest list of 100 teenagers invited, they took the precaution of asking four of their adult friends to help man the doors as unofficial bouncers.

But when four times the number invited turned up, after news of the party on Saturday spread over the internet, including Facebook, and by text message, they were powerless to stop them.

Drunk youths, many of them from local independent schools, scaled the walls; windows and plant pots were smashed and the house was littered with drinks cans and bottles. Lightbulbs were even stripped from their fittings.

It took several officers more than half an hour to finally clear the unwanted guests out.

There were claims that the party had been deliberately targeted by a group calling itself the Facebook Republic Army which scours the internet looking for parties to overrun.

"It was an absolute horror show," said Mrs Hobday. "I will never have a party for my daughter here again. She had no idea who most of the people were and they were rampaging through the house.

"My floor was blackened with dirt left from shoes and there were cigarette burn marks around the bottom of the door. People had taken out lightbulbs and just stamped on them in the garden.

Source

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Silver Thong

• tcgram

• Bill Hill

• Mr  Honeybadger

Top Posters In This Topic

Nowadays I'd rather invite just a couple of friends than have such a huge party that can get so out of hand, especially on your 16th birthday.

Yayy! Memories!

Facebook, as soon as I figured out what facebook was, I became a believer as only Satan himself could have come up with this force of unimaginable evil. I hate facebook <_<

Facebook, as soon as I figured out what facebook was, I became a believer as only Satan himself could have come up with this force of unimaginable evil. I hate facebook <_<

Please, dont hold back, tell us what your realy thinking. :lol:

I'm on facebook, I cant figure the dang thing out. I did find a couple of old friends I havent seen in years, that was a feel good.

As for the teens trashing the mansion, he's that rich and he cant hire security?

Please, dont hold back, tell us what your realy thinking. :lol:

I'm on facebook, I cant figure the dang thing out. I did find a couple of old friends I havent seen in years, that was a feel good.

As for the teens trashing the mansion, he's that rich and he cant hire security?

Thats why I hate it. I can't figure the damn thing out :huh: All these invites and hugs and Walls oh man it's a gong show that site

I'm sure this will catch on in the US soon enough.

I thought it happened in America =/

What losers, party crashers... As if they don't have something better to do?

Like take kibble away from puppies and other cruel things? >_>

I've got a facebook, it's not bad. I like uploading my photos...

I'm on facebook too, and it's like going in circles...I just found out where the notifications were <_<

As to this sweet 16 party, it doesn't say (or maybe it does) when the police were called. I mean the first sign of vandalism would have me on the phone calling for help. And even with a hundred kids (the original number), she was sure to find some kind problems.

Good! ANyone doing anything based off of MTV deserves it.

I watched that show on MTV once. ( Yes. I said once. One time only )

The girl seemed very snooty and prissy. Like if she didn't get a BMW for her gift she was going to cry.

I'm still trying to figure out Facebook myself.... :wacko:

I'm still trying to figure out Facebook myself.... :wacko:

Is it much more difficult than myspace ?

I'm on myspace which isn't to difficult for my feeble mind.

Good! ANyone doing anything based off of MTV deserves it.

Well that pretty much says it right there!

So whens the next party?................anyone.................helloooooooo :innocent:

When people ask if I have Facebook I say NO!!!!!

cause soon it will be used as a "Psycho-profiling data base" :w00t:

Is it much more difficult than myspace ?

I think it is, but then again sometimes it takes me a little while to get used to a new way of doing things. :P

I will never have a party for one's daughter here again. She had no idea who most of those disgusting commoners were and they were rampaging through one's house. This will not do.

100 people for a 16th? Am I the only one who gets a feeling she is trying to out-do everyone? :rolleyes:

As much as i feel sorry for the girl and her parents. But announcing a party on facebook? It was obvious what would happen.

And it did happen, it ended in tears.

Edited by Hocus

She was very fortunate to even have a 16th B-day party, she could be glad that so many people showed :yes: she must be gratefull for all her friends.... :unsure2:

Luckily I learned early on not to have parties or make a big celebration out of my B-day, not even go out for dinner as it always ends in disaster and tears. I have really bad luck around my B-day <_<

I LOVE FACEBOOK!!!

But I'd never put my address or phone number on there - the girl was very dim to do that!

Facebook takes some getting used to, but most new things do. When you put your business out on "Front Street", then expect to attract "street people".

What a silly thing to do!

Lightbulbs were even stripped from their fittings.

Thats not as bad as what happened to a party i went to a few years ago. Carpets were ripped out of the floor, £200 bottles of champagne were drunk, one guy even stole the land rover keys and drove it into the annex at the front of the house....the girl who held the party was kicked out of her house for 6 months!

Ive been on Facebook quite a while.

if you are a teenager do not announce your party, but if she dident one of her 100 invited did post it.

Anyway i tend to think those spoiled little MTV sweet sixteen chicks deserve it. they all seem like anal self involved shallow f#ckwits.