Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Most Thought is NOT in Linguistic Form

coberst

Thanks matt shark, I dont think our actual positions are all that far apart. I am arguing that we dont have enough knowledge yet, but you are correct that this knowledge is growing daily. I worry that humans have a tendency to gift animals with human attributes and sapience, you worry that humans have a tendency to deny any signs of these things in animals (and i am well aware that many people use such denial for everything from religious justification to logical justification for denying animals fair and ethical treatment.)

Personally i believe it is precisely our more highly evolved sapience which gives us the ability, and therefore the responsibility and duty, to care for less sapient animals. I cant wait for the day when monkeys form a group called, "mfteth" (monkeys for the ethical treatment of humans) or even "stbn" (save the bananas now) .

If one would read R. A. Schwaller de Lubicz's Book, THE TEMPLE OF MAN one would know that we communicate in sequential symbols that have deep meanings. But, few could read such a collection of deep and complex genius.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr Walker

• Mattshark

• coberst

• Leonardo

Thanks matt shark, I dont think our actual positions are all that far apart. I am arguing that we dont have enough knowledge yet, but you are correct that this knowledge is growing daily. I worry that humans have a tendency to gift animals with human attributes and sapience, you worry that humans have a tendency to deny any signs of these things in animals (and i am well aware that many people use such denial for everything from religious justification to logical justification for denying animals fair and ethical treatment.)

Just so you dont misunderstand where i am coming from. My wife and i donate several thousands of dollars each year to animal welfare groups for particular projects. We have written to the political leaders of south africa, japan, and russia among other countries, questioning the ethical treatment of animals in their countries. We spend many hours removing rubbish like plastic, nets and ropes from local beaches to help revent entrapment of, or ingestion(of plastics) by , animals.

Personally i believe it is precisely our more highly evolved sapience which gives us the ability, and therefore the responsibility and duty, to care for less sapient animals. I cant wait for the day when monkeys form a group called, "mfteth" (monkeys for the ethical treatment of humans) or even "stbn" (save the bananas now) .

linked-image