Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

magnetite crystals found in brain

Ignus Fatuus

In recent years millions of very tiny crystals have been discovered in human brains. These crystals are made of magnetite which is the most magnetic substance known to man. It has already been tied in with parkinsons and other diseases.

Many species of animals make use of the earths Electromagnetic grid to navigate thier way around such as bird when migrating and the story of the salmon on this website today. So with MRI's finding these crystals in human brains I bear this question.

Does this fact reflect and or have any connections to the art of dousing???

I am up for debate on this one. I have found that the only people who do not believe in dousing are the very few that are not capable of doing it and the people who refuse to learn and try it. Scientific witchery they say ... today around the world many many scientists, doctors and even priests douse.

What is your opinion on the matter???

• Like 1

This is very interesting, but do you have a source on this?

This is very interesting, but do you have a source on this?

Summary:The isolation of microscopic crystals of the magnetic mineral magnetite from samples of human brain tissue is described. The studies show that the magnetite crystals could be moved around by magnetic fields only slightly stronger than the Earth's natural magnetic field. An extraction study revealed two types of magnetic crystals. Of 70 crystals examined, 62 had diameters of 10 to 70 nm, while the remaining eight had sizes ranging from 90 to 200 nm. SQUID magnetometer studies showed that the samples of human brain had the unmistakable signature of the ferromagnetic mineral magnetite
http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/Xplore/login.js...4&arAuthor=

http://www.gps.caltech.edu/~jkirschvink/pd..._Barinaga92.pdf

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html...;pagewanted=all

• Like 1

In recent years millions of very tiny crystals have been discovered in human brains. These crystals are made of magnetite which is the most magnetic substance known to man. It has already been tied in with parkinsons and other diseases.

Many species of animals make use of the earths Electromagnetic grid to navigate thier way around such as bird when migrating and the story of the salmon on this website today. So with MRI's finding these crystals in human brains I bear this question.

Does this fact reflect and or have any connections to the art of dousing???

I am up for debate on this one. I have found that the only people who do not believe in dousing are the very few that are not capable of doing it and the people who refuse to learn and try it. Scientific witchery they say ... today around the world many many scientists, doctors and even priests douse.

What is your opinion on the matter???

Personally I do not think that this concept has any reflection towards dousing.......simply because dousing rods are held in the hands, or fingers more percisely. The properties discussed in the links I provided are in regards to these magnetic properties existing whithin the brain. Dousing , from what I understand, is not magnetic whatsoever, especially when dealing with water and wood.

But!.......you could possibly use these studies to ellaborate as to why 36,553,215 of the 301,139,947 people in the United States live in California.....where there is heavy techtonic plate activity , and these plates have a concentration of quartz.

But!.......you could possibly use these studies to ellaborate as to why 36,553,215 of the 301,139,947 people in the United States live in California.....where there is heavy techtonic plate activity , and these plates have a concentration of quartz.

That is an interesting hypothesis. I wonder also if the extra weight of all the people on the land may have some effect on the tectonic plate activity.

As for magnetic and dowsing, I'm not sure... I suppose you would have to test it. What I would do is find underground water using dowsing with your own hands first. Then try it using some sort of overhanging rope, so you aren't directly touching the dowsing rods, and see if they still interact with the water source.

Personally I do not think that this concept has any reflection towards dousing.......simply because dousing rods are held in the hands, or fingers more percisely. The properties discussed in the links I provided are in regards to these magnetic properties existing whithin the brain. Dousing , from what I understand, is not magnetic whatsoever, especially when dealing with water and wood.

I have talked with dousers who are experienced enough (they say) to not need rods etc. to locate minerals. Plus what about EMF sensitives who are acknowledged by the World Health Association?

I have found that the only people who do not believe in dousing are the very few that are not capable of doing it and the people who refuse to learn and try it.

I don't believe in dousing. I've seen too many people fail and too many "studies" on television showing people fail. But back to these crystals...

if there are magnetic crystals in the brain, why aren't they ripped out during an MRI?

• Like 1

I don't believe in dousing. I've seen too many people fail and too many "studies" on television showing people fail. But back to these crystals...

if there are magnetic crystals in the brain, why aren't they ripped out during an MRI?

I wondered that question also .. at least you would think that they would budge.

On dousing, my grandfather was a douser for Sun Oil a company here in Kentucky. I have never had the want or will to do it myself but there are dousers in the world who are considered reliable, meaning that upon measuring an area those persons report the same things. Scientests, doctors and even preists practice dousing today and it is accepted by every major world religion. They also beat hydrologists at their own game when competitively looking for water.

Weirder things have happened.

I wondered that question also .. at least you would think that they would budge.

On dousing, my grandfather was a douser for Sun Oil a company here in Kentucky. I have never had the want or will to do it myself but there are dousers in the world who are considered reliable, meaning that upon measuring an area those persons report the same things. Scientests, doctors and even preists practice dousing today and it is accepted by every major world religion. They also beat hydrologists at their own game when competitively looking for water.

Weirder things have happened.

'Bolding mine'

... and JREF prize still waiting for them.

http://www.biophysics.uwa.edu.au/magnetite.html

Biomineralization of ferrimagnetic magnetite is known to occur in a number of organisms including animals [e.g. 1]. Recent investigations have revealed the presence of biogenic magnetite in human brain tissue as well [2,3,4]. The presence of magnetite in the brain has been established using a variety of magnetic and electron microscopic techniques.

The focus of this project - being conducted in co-operation with the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETH-Zurich), the University Hospital Zurich, and the University of Hawaii - is on comparing and quantifying the amount of biogenic magnetite present in both normal and pathologic brain tissue samples in order to evaluate its possible role in diseases and disorders of the brain such as epilepsy. In order to accomplish this, methods were developed to quantify contamination levels and accurately measure tissue magnetite content [5].

In addition, we are examining tissue samples using scanning and transmission electron microscopy (SEM and TEM), electron energy loss spectroscopy (EELS) and energy filter TEM (EFTEM) imaging in order to locate the particles in the tissue and determine their relationships to structures in the brain.

The presence of ferrimagnetic material in human brain tissue also provides plausible theoretical mechanisms for the interaction of environmental magnetic fields with the human central nervous system [6,7]. These relationships are under investigation as well.

:o

The model may therefore be extended to explain results obtained in studies of epileptic patients which show effects on the central nervous system from low frequency square wave and D.C. magnetic fields. In addition, the model also may provide a plausible mechanism linking exposure to magnetic fields from discontinuous transmission cellular telephones and disruption of normal cellular processes in the human brain.

http://www.biophysics.uwa.edu.au/abstracts.magnetite.html

B) Magnetic material in the Human Hippocampus, BRAIN RES. BULL. Magnetic analyses of hippocampal material from deceased normal and epileptic subjects, and from the surgically removed epileptogenic zone of a living patient have been carried out. All had magnetic characteristics similar to those reported for other parts of the brainThe wide range of grain sizes is similar to magnetite produced extracellularly by the GS-15 strain of bacteria and unlike that found in magnetotactic bacteria MV-1, which has a restricted grain size range. Optical microscopy of slices revealed rare 5 to 10 micron clusters of finer opaque particles, which were demonstrated with Magnetic Force Microscopy to be magnetic.
Edited by crystal sage

GS-15 strain of bacteria

Article

Magnetic material in the human hippocampus

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=A...754113a1650a101

TEM investigations of biogenic magnetite extracted from the human hippocampus

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=A...148c87ed1a3e31c

??? already marketed?????

http://www.magneticpill.com/

Stunning Breakthrough in Human

Bio-Magnetic Field

"Remarkable Health Benefits from Rare Magnetic Cells Discovered in the Human Body. New and Exclusive Approach Encourages Dramatic Increase of Elusive Super Cells!"

Magneurol6-S™

http://www.magneurol.com/benefits_astralprojection.html

GS-15 strain of bacteria

Article

Magnetic material in the human hippocampus

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=A...754113a1650a101

TEM investigations of biogenic magnetite extracted from the human hippocampus

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=A...148c87ed1a3e31c

??? already marketed?????

Magneurol6-S™

http://www.magneurol.com/benefits_astralprojection.html

Thanks for that new info ... greatly appreciated

Rapid Recovery

By Stephen P. King

http://books.google.com.au/books?id=7dEsO3...5&ct=result

... In bacteria, the magnetite turns them into 'swimming compass needles that orient with respect to the earth's magnetic field....

if you passed a bee in front of an audiotape sound eraser,i.e. de-magnetised it, another bee would not be able to recognize it as a fellow bee! ...

The pineal gland , a tiny organ located in the center of the cranium, produces the neurohormones melatonin, which affects the functions of other endocrine organs such as the thyroid, adrenals and gonads, and serotonin, which , apart from othef functions, controls all the biocycles. It is known that even very small magnetic fields of half a gauss or less will affect the pineal gland's production of these two neurochemicals.(Becker/Selden p.249)...

http://heybryan.org/~bbishop/search/AP_Phy...0fields%22.html

Edited by crystal sage

• 2 weeks later...

Possibly because they all know that when it breaks off of North America, they can easily become their own nation, which in fact could come as a suprise, will sort of, that Alaska, has tried multiple times to become it's own nation. Which means we never should of joined the US, why don't ask, it's a complicated question.

EA

:tu: Wow!!! check this out!!!

Do-It-Yourself Microbiological fuel cells from dirt?

http://kjpermaculture.blogspot.com/2008/11...gical-fuel.html

Geobacter species are of interest because of their novel electron transfer capabilities, impact on the natural environment and their application to the bioremediation of contaminated environments and harvesting electricity from waste organic matter. The first Geobacter species (initially designated strain GS-15) was isolated from the Potomac River, just down stream from Washington D.C. in 1987. This organism, known as Geobacter metallireducens, was the first organism found to oxidize organic compounds to carbon dioxide with iron oxides as the electron acceptor. In other words, Geobacter metallireducens gains its energy by using iron oxides (a rust-like mineral) in the same way that humans use oxygen. As outlined in the publication links, Geobacter metallireducens and other Geobacter species that have subsequently been isolated provide a model for important iron transformations on modern earth and may explain geological phenomena, such as the massive accumulation of magnetite in ancient iron formations.

GS-15 ?

Magneurol???

Edited by crystal sage

Some relevant observations here on magnetite...

http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/7641/goodsmoke.html

that the astronauts suffer from "Magnetic Deficiency

Syndrome (MDS), (Known previously as osteoporosis), while in

space, (or when removed from their natural magnetic atmosphere).

And we can see that people here on earth also suffer from MDS

when their magnetic atmosphere is not what it should be, or

could be. From your study you should be in agreement with me

when I point out that the deterioration associated with MDS

goes much deeper then just to effect the bones. It is the

realization, that along with the deterioration of bone, someone

suffering the effects of MDS also suffers the deterioration of

their nuclear envelopes with in their cells, that I ask you to

keep in mind as we go farther in this study of the facts. It is

the fact that cancer is mainly caused by the nuclear envelopes

deterioration that I plan to build on. So, with the awareness

that all lab animals have been caused to show the effects of

MDS, due to their confinement, and therefore such experiments

invalid, we can continue.

Now, this initial understanding, that magnetic bacteria live inside our

cells, can teach each person a way of life which will allow his body to

maintain better health. And focus the research work onto a path which will

surely lead to still better health.

Like nutrition, "Magnetrition" is something, that when a person uses its

principles, he displays much better stewardship when it comes to the care

of the cells of his body. Magnetrition takes the concept of exercise is

step forward. With the understanding that exercise has been mans way of

avoiding the effects of magnetic deficiency syndrome, he becomes aware that

his lifestile of movement in the earth's magnetic field has always been a

determining foctor in the equation of his health.

The concept of magnetrition has been around for ten years. But because

its truth shows many to be wrong in their way of thinking, it has not been

embraced by mankind. Poor leadership, or the prevention of good leadership,

can be the only reason for the lack of magnetritions' beneficial effect on

mankind. Magnetrition causes many to rethink what they thought they

learned.

"MAGNETRITION"

Good news for some.

Bad news for others.

It now is shown that all lab animal experiments were flawed because the

animals need to move about in the earth's magnetic field was not taken into

account. Like NASA, and all medical diagnoses up to now, something they

were not aware of was playing an important part, but went unnoticed for

many different reasons. With the lab animal experiments, many researcher

reported seeing what they and/or their supporters wanted to see. They

essentially led many into embracing their personal beliefs, or prejudices

against others, by the deception of allowing their assessment to be

referred to as proof.

Edited by crystal sage

Some relevant observations here on magnetite...

Wonderful find and thanks! As you brought up astrounauts that is connected to some information that I will be releasing soon after the new year. In the meantime read up on schuuman waves and the schuuman resonator. This resonator is built into NASA's space shuttles and give off an EMF frequency similar to the EMF's given off by the earth to protect the astronauts. The next big scientific discovery (which has actually been known of for thousands of years) is on the horizon. Hard evidence is in it's second phase of testing.

These crystals are made of magnetite which is the most magnetic substance known to man.

simply not accurate. Please google the correct facts.

Also... magnetite is found in most avian species brains and was long ago associated with the ability of migratory birds to locate their destinations.

My reasoning is that if the internal magnetic compass of the time amount of magnetite is strong enough to assist in the migratory rituals.. it must be stronger on some levels than we realize..

that the commercial magnets we use must operate on a different levels.. as otherwise all magnets then should interfere with the migratory sensors of the various life forms...

this is interesting....

http://www.csicop.org/si/9807/magnet.html

The Baylor Study

These examples and the centuries-old connection between magnets and quackery, have led many to consider modern magnetic therapy as total hokum, with the many testimonials for the success of magnetic treatments explainable by placebo effects. But the Baylor study, seemingly a careful double-blind study, has surprised many.

The study was conducted by Dr. Carlos Vallbona on fifty post-polio patients at Baylor's Institute for Rehabilitation Research in Houston. Bioflex, Inc., of Corpus Christi provided both the magnets (multipolar, circular pattern) and a set of visually identical sham magnets to serve as controls. To keep the study "double-blind" neither the patients nor the staff were informed as to which devices were active magnets, and which were shams. Before and after the forty-five-minute period of magnet therapy, the patients were asked to grade their pain on a scale from 0 to 10. The twenty nine patients with active magnets reported, on average, a significant reduction of pain (from 9.6 to 4.4), while the twenty-one patients with shams reported a much smaller average reduction (from 9.5 to 8.4). This is a substantial difference, and if the double-blind study was successfully conducted, cannot be explained by a placebo effect.

Edited by crystal sage

simply not accurate. Please google the correct facts.

Also... magnetite is found in most avian species brains and was long ago associated with the ability of migratory birds to locate their destinations.

Sorry about that and you are right. It is the most magnetic bio-substance known to man. Sorry about that.

Sorry about that and you are right. It is the most magnetic bio-substance known to man. Sorry about that.

No, I am sorry IGNUS FATUS, I came over all "School-teacherish" :wacko:

Edited by keithisco

• 1 month later...
The evolutionary advantage that magnetic bacteria enjoy has always been something of a conundrum, but now, scientists at the Naval Research Laboratory (NRL) and Purdue University have shed at least some light on the mystery. Their description of how being magnetic assists the bacteria to navigate appears in the Biophysical Journal.

http://www.scienceagogo.com/news/200609230...trunc_sys.shtml

Found in a variety of aquatic environments, magnetic bacteria grow strings of microscopic magnetic particles called magnetosomes. When placed in a magnetic field, these make the bacteria align like tiny compass needles, a phenomenon call magnetotaxis. The strain of bacterium the NRL team studied, Magnetospirillum magneticum, was originally found in a pond in Tokyo.

Magnetic bacteria prefer to live far below the water's surface, where oxygen is scarce.

Power Up With Magnetic Bacteria

I wonder if we could use this bacteria to eventually increase the magnetic properties of some planets... then utilize it for energy????

http://www.wired.com/science/discoveries/news/2006/05/70882

A 16-year-old high school student has invented a new way of producing electricity by harnessing the brawny power of bacteria.

Kartik Madiraju, an 11th-grader from Montreal, was able to generate about half the voltage of a normal AA battery with a fifth of an ounce of naturally occurring magnetic bacteria. And the bacteria kept pumping current for 48 hours nonstop.

"No one has ever used magnetic bacteria to produce an electrical current before," Madiraju said.

The experiment is being presented this week at the Intel International Science and Engineering Fair, an über-science geek competition in which the chipmaker annually hands out $4 million in prize money to students. Winners will be announced Friday.

Magnetotactic or magnetic bacteria have extremely small crystals of magnetite inside their bodies. Only discovered in 1975, these aquatic bacteria are quite common and found in fresh water and saltwater around the world.

A bit of a science whiz kid, Madiraju was browsing through the science journal Nature and happened to see something about magnetic bacteria while trying to think of a project to benefit the environment. "I knew that spinning windmills use a magnetic generator to produce electricity and wondered if I got the magnetic bacteria spinning they might generate a current and be a clean, alternative energy source," he said.