Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dog saves other injured dog on busy motorway!

karl 12

Pandora ,it sure is a humbling video -I'm not sure I'd run onto a busy motorway...even if it was Scarlet Johansen. :)

Did you see these other videos,the monkey Vs tiger one is a classic.

Cheers Karl

I rather liked the dog and cat playing together. As a kid, we had a little house dog that nursed our cats kittens. Mama cat would leave the kittens with the dog, go out galavanting around the neighborhood all day and then come home and reclaim them as if she was Mother of the Year. Wish we could've recorded it.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• karl 12

• Lilly

• Bill Hill

• DJ_Quinn

.... So sad when I read Lilly's post about the injured dog dying, I'm teary eyed just reading that...:(

My Spanish simply isn't the best...I thought I heard the commentator say that the injured dog died later on...I could easily be wrong. Does anyone here speak fluent Spanish?

damn after seeing that dog get hit by the car made a tear form in my eye dammit. I love dogs, seeing them harmed upsets me.

But... it was his friend... :cry: his friend!

I know, sometimes life can really, really suck. :(

But I do think the old saying holds true: "Better to have loved and lost then never to have loved at all". That little dog demonstrated the brave and loving character that we all need to ascribe to.

:wub: , great dog

Stupid people who didn't stop and even ran over the dog a couple more times :angry2:

So arrogant to think they are better than animals and "don't have to do anything". While the truth is, humans are the most useless animal on the world, we take more than we give back to the earth, while most animals are balanced in taking/contributing, so it is a fact that just about every animal is worth more than a human (and we are the only ones that hurt others, people and animals, for no reason other than "enjoyment").

It was in the middle of a motorway, i hardly think stopping and going to help is a good idea. Kill a few humans while we're at it, but as long as we get teh dog safe we're ok!

D***, that dog has more sense of help, and the well being of other of his kind, than some humans. That dog despite being an animal, he knew he was running in danger while helping his fallen comrade, but he didn't quite, he kept pulling until the end, brave dog i must say.

Edited by iDontKnowOfficer

:cry:

What bothers me is that no one stopped...they just kept on going. :(

this is true.. how ever, you stop on a motorway or a free way, and then watch the carnage that would ensue.. technically you arent to break or swerve for an animal either. i dont think that dog would have survived. the main impact looked like it was around its head, and those cars seemed to be motoring at a good speed too

i was driving to work one day, and a german shephed ran out on the road, behind my car, in front of the one behind me.. and just missed be a bee's you know what, from being skittled. ppl really need to learn to make sure their animals are secure and not able to roam.

i stop for animals that have been hbc.. if they have died, i put them on the side of the road, at least that way they wont be squished further.

That dog is a hero! He should get a medal for bravery and someone should make a statue of him.

I know, sometimes life can really, really suck. :(

But I do think the old saying holds true: "Better to have loved and lost then never to have loved at all". That little dog demonstrated the brave and loving character that we all need to ascribe to.

Oh no I'm off again.. A dog..... a dog can teach us humans certain qualities we should attain to?

yes... he did.. :cry:

I have to agree with Tigger. A large part of the responsibilty lies with the person who did not secure the dog. When I worked in a vet surgery a few years ago, we had numerous people come in with doigs that had fallen off the back of a ute. One lady brought one in, and she was traumatised because she had hit the dog, and it had fallen off the ute that was infront of her.

What REALLY sickens me is when people actually swerve so that they CAN hit the dead animal :hmm:

I spoke to a friend who said they saw this incident being reported on a U.S. news channel and they said the other dog survived and is recovering (and the hero dog will not leave its side).

Whether its just the American news channel not wanting to traumatise its viewers I don't know.

My Spanish simply isn't the best...I thought I heard the commentator say that the injured dog died later on...I could easily be wrong. Does anyone here speak fluent Spanish?

*raises hand*

Yes Lil........and I can tell you that the commentator never mentioned or announced the death of the injured dog in the video we're talking about here. Cheers. :tu:

I think the mods should keep this post on here permanently....its very touching! and kudos to the individual for putting the video up for us!!

Peace

*raises hand*

Yes Lil........and I can tell you that the commentator never mentioned or announced the death of the injured dog in the video we're talking about here. Cheers. :tu:

Wonderful! I think I messed up where the guy said something that was most likely "feared dead' or "risked being killed". I just ran across a Fox News clip that stated both dogs are fine...I'm very, very happy to hear this!!! linked-image

Thanks for the info. that the dog is doing o.k..I feel better now.. :)

Poor litle guys, I still can't understand how people find enjoyment in killing and eating animals,

'they're so amazing',

and before they have the chance to show us their side of consciousness, people slit their throats and hang them upsidedown.

Very dissapointing.

Poor litle guys, I still can't understand how people find enjoyment in killing and eating animals,

'they're so amazing',

and before they have the chance to show us their side of consciousness, people slit their throats and hang them upsidedown.

Very dissapointing.

Come on Johnny, this was a feel good story. Both of the dogs lived, be happy for that at least.

'they're so amazing',

Very dissapointing.

Uh...I don't think the motorist struck the dog because he wanted him for dinner. As for eating dogs, I only know of a few cultures that endorse that practice.

I got a story. I think it's been like 2 weeks now...but about 2 weeks ago I was driving on one of my area's busier roads. it was about 7 or 8 o clock at night, and its winter so it get dark early. Well with all the darkness as im rolling down the road i see this black dog in the road, not a small one a pretty big one which i later learned was a black lab. I also saw a smaller black dog behind it. they were in the opposite lane of the two way road and i passed them doing 55mph. I could barely see them so i started honking at the cars moving in the opposite direction. my efforts were futile, for i look in the mirror and see a black body flung over the hood of the car that hit it. the worst part about this is the car that hit it didnt even stop.

I immeadiatly turned around and got to where the accident occured, but i knew it was too late. I was so angry with who did this I ended up blocking the entire road with my car, stopping who i could for help, but there was little we could do.

I got a story. I think it's been like 2 weeks now...but about 2 weeks ago I was driving on one of my area's busier roads. it was about 7 or 8 o clock at night, and its winter so it get dark early. Well with all the darkness as im rolling down the road i see this black dog in the road, not a small one a pretty big one which i later learned was a black lab. I also saw a smaller black dog behind it. they were in the opposite lane of the two way road and i passed them doing 55mph. I could barely see them so i started honking at the cars moving in the opposite direction. my efforts were futile, for i look in the mirror and see a black body flung over the hood of the car that hit it. the worst part about this is the car that hit it didnt even stop.

I immeadiatly turned around and got to where the accident occured, but i knew it was too late. I was so angry with who did this I ended up blocking the entire road with my car, stopping who i could for help, but there was little we could do.

Awww, poor doggy. Good of you to go back and try to help though.