Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

BIGFOOT TRACK? What say you?

Neognosis

This weekend I took a trip into the Adirondacks... not far from the alleged Whitehall sightings... We made camp 4 miles from the nearest dirt road. I slept out during the night under a tarp in the open... and I heard what sounded like loud footsteps at around 3am... accompanied by some deep breathing noises. I didn't see anything when I peered out from my bivy sack, and when I grabbed my light, whatever it was was gone.

But in the morning as we were hiking out, we spotted several of these prints. I'm stepping in the footprint for scale, I have a 10 1/2 size shoe. Should I report this to the BFRO?

post-61772-1228701207_thumb.jpg

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• makaya325

• Neognosis

• psyche101

• S2F

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This weekend I took a trip into the Adirondacks... not far from the alleged Whitehall sightings... We made camp 4 miles from the nearest dirt road. I slept out during the night under a tarp in the open... and I heard what sounded like loud footsteps at around 3am... accompanied by some deep breathing noises. I didn't see anything when I peered out from my bivy sack, and when I grabbed my light, whatever it was was gone.

But in the morning as we were hiking out, we spotted several of these prints. I'm stepping in the footprint for scale, I have a 10 1/2 size shoe. Should I report this to the BFRO?

If you did they would probably take it seriously. :yes: The pic looks like just melt or maybe two tracks together. :cry: Loud footsteps in the snow?

Too bad you did not get a pic showing the BFs stride distance. :w00t: You should scout the area for BF poop, I have it on good authority that it should not be too hard to identify.

IT was too hard to get the stride distance because the camera would not photograph multiple tracks in the snow at the angle required to show stride distance.

Look how deep the track is.. that's 6 or 7 inches of snow that the creature punched through... sounds like about 600 lbs ought to do that, eh?

Edited by Neognosis

IT was too hard to get the stride distance because the camera would not photograph multiple tracks in the snow at the angle required to show stride distance.

neo, are u serious or r u pulling my leg? come on now.

sasquatch can exist in ny, bc if he did, he would be found already. somewhere in the pnw or remote canada would be a better spot, since its less explored and unchartered.

neo, dont start a thread unless ur serious.

Look how deep the track is.. that's 6 or 7 inches of snow that the creature punched through... sounds like about 600 lbs ought to do that, eh?

no. snow depth is inaccurate, since anything of weight can sink in a certain depth. hard ground is more difficult to fake. you try it, bc i tried to fake my own bf tracks, and failed miserably. the tracks i used were of heavy wood.

then how do you explain what I heard? How do you explain the tracks? We were near whitehall, did I mention that? Didn't you see the picture I posted? How could that track have been made? THe snow is 6 or 7 inches deep and we were over 4 miles from the nearest road, which is just a dirt road anyway. What I can't understand is why the creature didn't take our food bags. I mean, we bear hung them, but surely a creature of bigfoot's intellect would have known how to get them down.

no. snow depth is inaccurate, since anything of weight can sink in a certain depth. hard ground is more difficult to fake. you try it, bc i tried to fake my own bf tracks, and failed miserably. the tracks i used were of heavy wood.

well, if you tried and failed, that's proof enough to me that nobody else could fake them. I disagree about snow depth though. It was below 20 degrees, and we were walking ON TOP of the snow without punching through when we saw the tracks.

Edited by Neognosis

Sorry, I do not consider such a hole credible at all. For all I know it may have been, for whatever reason, collapsed snow.

Snow does not just collapse.

Edited by Neognosis

why do you hate Native Americans, you bigot!?

excuse me, neo, i see here ur trying to mock me and make a fool out of me. i think the mods need to close this thread. ur definitely not being serious, and wasting ur time on something i consider possible, unlike u, bc something that doesnt fit ur world view is dismissed

neo, can i just report u for being a complete jerk about this?

Edited by makaya325

I'm not trying to do anything of the sort.

THe fact remains that I heard noises, and in the morning we found the photographed tracks on the trail.

I'll remove the offending comment.

I'm not trying to do anything of the sort.

THe fact remains that I heard noises, and in the morning we found the photographed tracks on the trail.

I'll remove the offending comment.

seriously, tell me ur joking? on other threads, u were playing the debunker, now u want credibility after all u have done to dismiss circumstantial evidence?

I"m presenting the FACTS of my trip to the whitehall area this weekend:

FACT: i was near whitehall

FACT: I slept outside (pictures tomorrow)

FACT: i heard noises: breathing and footsteps at around 3am

FACT: We found the illustrated footprints the next morning near our camp.

I"m presenting the FACTS of my trip to the whitehall area this weekend:

FACT: i was near whitehall

FACT: I slept outside (pictures tomorrow)

FACT: i heard noises: breathing and footsteps at around 3am

FACT: We found the illustrated footprints the next morning near our camp.

I believe you. However, I do not think that your interpretation is valid.

You say that it was freezing twenty degrees. Fahrenheit or Celcius?

Anyway, snow does collapse occasionally. I remember freezing nights with snow on the roof that for no reason at all suddenly slid down. I think that the holes that you saw were snow collapsing under its own weight. The sound of the snow collapsing were interpreted by you as footsteps. I dunno about the breathing. It seems like air escaping from someplace? Can it be that air escaped from below the snow and that caused the subsequent collapse of the snow?

20 degrees Fahrenheit.

neo, why are u wasting my time trying to pull my leg? come on. ur like dr.jekyl and mr.hyde. jekyll in this thread, and hyde in the other threads

I'm just saying what I saw.

answer my question: are u bsing with us or r u telling the truth? all i want to know.

I'm telling the truth about exactly what I saw and heard.

I'm telling the truth about exactly what I saw and heard.

has ur disbelief been shaken just a bit?

No it hasn't.

The footprints are quite easily explained by the contraction and expansion of snow in the sun and after dark, melting and refreezing. It also does this in the mud in spring. Or it could have been a snowshoe track that thawed out a little bit.

The noises I heard were most likely coyotes, maybe even a bear. Or maybe one of my campmates getting up to take a p***.

But look how easily you are willing to accept NOTHING as evidence... That's the real story here. Why didn't these explanations occur to you at all? Not once did you consider any of these?

No it hasn't.

The footprints are quite easily explained by the contraction and expansion of snow in the sun and after dark, melting and refreezing. It also does this in the mud in spring. Or it could have been a snowshoe track that thawed out a little bit.

The noises I heard were most likely coyotes, maybe even a bear. Or maybe one of my campmates getting up to take a p***.

But look how easily you are willing to accept NOTHING as evidence... That's the real story here. Why didn't these explanations occur to you at all? Not once did you consider any of these?

i didnt believe ur claims anyway, yet u tend to ignore that.

why did u start this thread anyway? to insult people who have really seen something not supposed to exist, yet does.

i didnt consider any bc u either are pulling my leg or trying to mock me. i even said biggie cant exist in ny

what about tracks 2 inches deep found in rock hard soil?

Edited by makaya325

It does sound like a large portion of what fills the sightings database.

That does not look like a fun place to camp.

Besides if Biff was there, he would have left snow angels.

Good analogy m8 :tu: Well illustrated.