Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Dead man' speaks

Owlscrying

A Serbian police officer taking photos of what he thought was an emaciated corpse nearly fainted when the body raised its head and complained about flashes of light, the Belgrade daily Blic reported Friday.

The incident occurred after police in Kragujevac, an industrial town 120km south of Belgrade, were called to check up a single- room home owned by a man nobody has seen in two weeks.

The man's neighbours thought the worst when a horrible stench emanated from behind his locked doors.

"We broke in and the man was as dead," said one officer. "When he spoke we panicked, but the colleague with the camera fell into real shock."

The photographer swooned and had to be helped to remain on his feet, the report said.

As it turned out, the man - a loner with no family and a disconnected phone - passed out about two weeks beforehand after days of hunger and dehydration.

He was rushed to a hospital, weighing only 30kg, with bedsores and a respiratory infection, but communicative.

Source

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DJ_Quinn

• Still Waters

• The Silver Thong

• Pandora7321

Top Posters In This Topic

A Serbian police officer taking photos of what he thought was an emaciated corpse nearly fainted when the body raised its head and complained about flashes of light, the Belgrade daily Blic reported Friday.

The incident occurred after police in Kragujevac, an industrial town 120km south of Belgrade, were called to check up a single- room home owned by a man nobody has seen in two weeks.

The man's neighbours thought the worst when a horrible stench emanated from behind his locked doors.

"We broke in and the man was as dead," said one officer. "When he spoke we panicked, but the colleague with the camera fell into real shock."

The photographer swooned and had to be helped to remain on his feet, the report said.

As it turned out, the man - a loner with no family and a disconnected phone - passed out about two weeks beforehand after days of hunger and dehydration.

He was rushed to a hospital, weighing only 30kg, with bedsores and a respiratory infection, but communicative.

Source

Man, that is a sad story. I feel bad when I here about these people with no familes or freinds to check up on them.

Poor guy, couldn't have even called for help. Quite a few stories like this where people have noone to look after them, very sad...

Poor guy, couldn't have even called for help. Quite a few stories like this where people have noone to look after them, very sad...

Yeah, and I especially feel bad for them around this time of year, over the holidays. I hope he's going to be OK.

Poor soul, I would hate to be that alone in the world :mellow:

Poor soul, I would hate to be that alone in the world :mellow:

Count your lessing that you aren't. Plenty of people are, and it's usually not by choice.

Count your lessing that you aren't. Plenty of people are, and it's usually not by choice.

Oh but I DO count my blessings....believe you me!!

OMG!!! That made me think of that scene from the movie Seven. I would have absolutely had a heart attack if that had happened to me. Poor, poor guy.

OMG!!! That made me think of that scene from the movie Seven. I would have absolutely had a heart attack if that had happened to me. Poor, poor guy.

Darn ya beat me too it, that scene was exactly what came to mind when I read this lol

Poor guy only 30 kg, damn give that boy some turkey allready. Sad story probably will be hearing more of these ones unfortunatly.

Darn ya beat me too it, that scene was exactly what came to mind when I read this lol

Poor guy only 30 kg, damn give that boy some turkey allready. Sad story probably will be hearing more of these ones unfortunatly.

Yeah, I'm horrible with the metric system so you know I had to look that up. For anyone else like me, that's only a smidge over 66 pounds.

He could have done with better neighbours. My mum lives a fair distance away from me and she lives by herself, thank god her neighbours look out for her as I don't know what I would have done without them at times.

Thats the part of having good neighbors and friends you can count on. When my parents were alive they lived in a remote area in northern New Jersey, with the nearest hospital about an hour away, and no close neighbors.. I worried constantly, and fortunately we talked them into moving down by us. I couldn't image something like this having happened to them...

It is sad but some people do choose to be alone.

My mom had great neighbors too. They would take her garbage to the street and check on her at least every couple of days. The police also have a program to help the elderly...they have a list that live alone and call them every morning to check on them. If they couldn't get in touch with them they call a family member to go over and check. If they couldn't get in touch with the family they send an officer.

Its a sad state of affairs. I agree with still waters He could have done with better neighbours. It says the neighbours hadn't seen him for two weeks, he must have been missing for longer than two weeks to get in that state (half dead). He must have been missing for a month or more. I dunno, i blame the neighbours for not acting sooner.

That’s so sad.

Similar things happen in my country, too. A number of old people were found dead, after they were rotting for weeks, months, the recorder was laying dead for 30-something years (!) in apartment. Neighbours say they thought “she must have moved out years ago”. No, they felt no strange odour.

I think this part of the world suffers from collective madness. We used to be connected within our families and now people care only for flashy things. Screw grandpa, how’s your car doing today? Twisted.

I’m glad poor man is found still alive and I hope he’ll get well.

Its a sad state of affairs. I agree with still waters He could have done with better neighbours. It says the neighbours hadn't seen him for two weeks, he must have been missing for longer than two weeks to get in that state (half dead). He must have been missing for a month or more. I dunno, i blame the neighbours for not acting sooner.

Not sure if he could have lasted a month but still. I know when I get older I will put myself in a situation were this can't happen. I have no kids and ya I'm a bit of a loner and this fate is not for me. I'm going to stay with grandpa Simpson.

It is sad but some people do choose to be alone.

Even sadder, not everyone in that situation has chosen it. Sometimes they are simply the soul survivor in their family/among their friends. Frankly, I could see this easily happening to me if the circumstances were cruel. I have a very small extended family, and only 2 surviving children. Were I to lose my kids and my friends were to all pass on before me...Bingo, crazy old dog lady all alone! :(

Even sadder, not everyone in that situation has chosen it. Sometimes they are simply the soul survivor in their family/among their friends. Frankly, I could see this easily happening to me if the circumstances were cruel. I have a very small extended family, and only 2 surviving children. Were I to lose my kids and my friends were to all pass on before me...Bingo, crazy old dog lady all alone! :(

I know some people don't choose it. We have a very small family, spread fairly far apart, that I don't speak with on a very regular basis and don't have any kids. It could easliy happen to me because I'm the type that doesn't like to bother people even if I could use a little help and most of my friends are at least ten years older than me.

I'd be one of those crazy old dog ladies, too. :(

I feel for the poor guy, no one should be alone like that. I hope he make a full recovery.

But, is it just me that laughed trying to picture the photographer's face, when the man started talking :lol::devil::innocent:

That poor man. To be alone in the world would be a terrible thing. That is what makes me angry about the city I live in, they spend so much money on frivulous things like sculptures, but never do they do things that prevent this from happening. My mother (who is a nurse) has told me many stories about old people who have fallen over, and not been discovered for days or weeks :(

Poor Man, but if you think about it things could have even been worse for him, I mean so Dehydrated and barely conscious he could have been laying there and his half starved Cats could have come over and started nibbling upon his face if the Cats thought he was rotting meat from all the Stench, could you even image not being able to stop a Animal or pet from Chewing upon you, if must happen in nature like when Wolves start tearing you into Tar-Tar and your are Paralyzed from a Fall while Hiking…Poor old reclusive…I wonder it a Ghost comes back if with it comes a Smell of Rot or Death linger on...

Pavot B)

Edited by Pavot