Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Obama too British' case rejected

Unknown Rebel

linked-image

"An appeal claiming Barack Obama is too British to become president of the United States has been rejected by the US Supreme Court.

The lawsuit claimed he should be disqualified because, it claimed, he acquired the same British citizenship that his father had when he was born.

This meant he was not a "natural-born" US citizen, as the US constitution requires, it alleged.

Mr Obama's birth certificate shows he was born in Hawaii.

The issue was addressed by Mr Obama's aides during his presidential campaign, when they posted online his birth certificate - which was verified by Hawaiian officials."

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7771937.stm

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• questionmark

• SilverCougar

• Guardsman Bass

• Unknown Rebel

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

But as there is no worse deaf than the one who does not want to hear we will dealing with this over and over and over again... for the next fifty years

*facepalms*

If having a British citizen father means that a person supposedly gets British citizenship as well as American at birth, then where's my British citizenship? My dad's British too.

At least an American didn't post the story. :P

According to an article in worldnetdaily, there is another similar suit that Scalia has put on the schedule for the court's Friday conference.

If having a British citizen father means that a person supposedly gets British citizenship as well as American at birth, then where's my British citizenship? My dad's British too.

Nothing comes by itself...you have to move your bud over to the British consulate and apply for a passport.

My grandad was British, do I get a special kind of discount?

http://www.cracked.com/blog/four-insane-wa...kill-the-world/

FOund this, thought it was relative.

If he was British you are out of luck...now if Irish, Italian, Spanish or Swedish (unless some rules changed) you are entitled to a passport.