Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Battle of Los Angeles

IronWarrior

Its 1942 a couple of months after the Pearl Harbor attacks. The West Coast is prepared for the inevitable invasion.

Then on the night of February 25. the battle was on. Air Raid sireins sounded. as Los Angeles was thrown into a panaick.

Anti-aircraft guns were put on Green Alert. and where ready to fire at the invaders. The military opened fire. anti aircraft rounds explode around the supposed "planes"

finally that morning people expected to see planes or destroyed buildings. but there was nothing the military didnt shoot any planes, there was never even any wreckage.

after the war, Japanese officals said they never had any planes in the area. although they did have subs in the seattle area.

sooo what was it the military shoot at that night.

a weather balloon, a spy plane, or did they shoot at one of their own planes.

or was it something from another world. perhaps visiting earth.

Your opinions??????

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• skyeagle409

• Czero 101

• TSS

• Agent. Mulder

Its 1942 a couple of months after the Pearl Harbor attacks. The West Coast is prepared for the inevitable invasion.

Then on the night of February 25. the battle was on. Air Raid sireins sounded. as Los Angeles was thrown into a panaick.

Anti-aircraft guns were put on Green Alert. and where ready to fire at the invaders. The military opened fire. anti aircraft rounds explode around the supposed "planes"

finally that morning people expected to see planes or destroyed buildings. but there was nothing the military didnt shoot any planes, there was never even any wreckage. after the war, Japanese officals said they never had any planes in the area. although they did have subs in the seattle area.

sooo what was it the military shoot at that night.

a weather balloon, a spy plane, or did they shoot at one of their own planes.

or was it something from another world. perhaps visiting earth.

Your opinions??????

The object the army was shooting at was first detected 120 miles from LA, and when it reached the area, the army opened fire. The object slowed down and changed and even reversed its course and eventually headed back out over the ocean.

Edited by skyeagle409

The object the army was shooting at was first detected 120 miles from LA, and when it reached the area, the army opened fire. The object slowed down and changed and even reversed its course and eventually headed back out over the ocean.

It was not any aircraft of earth, This thing was a craft of unknown origin and they knew that at the time they werer gunning for it, It was so serious that 6 civilians died from flack flying around and remember this was over LA and not a likely place to be gunning anything other than something unkown to earth, They knew exactly what they were gunning at, Also keep in mind this was an era before the gov. declared all things ufo top secret thus the story was told and later the gov, tried to cover it up,

TFF

What made this incident into "Alien spaceship over LA" is that one picture, and sure, with a little imagination it can look as if there were something big caught in the searchlights.

I believe that the official explanation is correct, and there was nothing in the searchlights at all, nothing extraterrestrial anyway.

There were multiple air raid alarms and firing of antiaircraft weapons at the numerous "Japanese planes" spotted over LA and other areas at that time...

What is seen as "something" in the searchlight is probably the underside of clouds/smoke from the nearly 2,000 rounds of 12 pound, high explosive shells detonating at a particular preset height.

A careful study of the evidence suggests that meteorological balloons—known to have been released over Los Angeles —may well have caused the initial alarm. This theory is supported by the fact that anti-aircraft artillery units were officially criticized for having wasted ammunition on targets which moved too slowly to have been airplanes.

After the firing started, careful observation was difficult because of drifting smoke from shell bursts. The acting commander of the anti-aircraft artillery brigade in the area testified that he had first been convinced that he had seen fifteen planes in the air, but had quickly decided that he was seeing smoke.

http://www.sfmuseum.org/hist9/aaf2.html

Bottom line... no one can say what it was and we will probably never know for sure, all there is are speculations, we could even be looking at the underside of the Death Star... or a Borg Cube???

*To you who read the other thread...Sorry for the re-run.

Edited by hazzard

Hi Hazz;

This object was seen on radar long before it came to LA, I can disagree with you about what the object was and even the newspapers of that time reported what they were gunning at, This was a time when ufos were not classified top secret, besides why would the military be gunning in a very populated area such as LA killing civilians of their own, I do however agree that this is now long in the past but the news reports indicate what it was and they would not lie on such reports also look at the invasion of airspace over washington, That was a real as it gets and that just adds more credence to the LA story,

Just my thoughts about it,

If the military thought they were shooting at a real object of unknown origin, and this object apparently left the area of it's own free will, wouldn't the military have tried to engage it as it headed out towards the ocean? It seems they only took action at one specific point and when it apparently reversed and headed off again they left it alone? It doesn't make sense.

A link to the new enhanced photos of LA invasion;

http://www.rense.com/general67/batofla.htm

Battle of LA Part 1

http://www.ufocasebook.com/battleoflosangeles.html

Battle of La part 2

http://www.ufocasebook.com/battleoflosangeles2.html

Edited by thefinalfrontier

I still dont see an alien star ship, all I see is Smoke...??

I still dont see an alien star ship, all I see is Smoke...??
\

You didn't look good enough.

linked-image

Hi Hazz;

This object was seen on radar long before it came to LA, I can disagree with you about what the object was and even the newspapers of that time reported what they were gunning at, This was a time when ufos were not classified top secret, besides why would the military be gunning in a very populated area such as LA killing civilians of their own, I do however agree that this is now long in the past but the news reports indicate what it was and they would not lie on such reports also look at the invasion of airspace over washington, That was a real as it gets and that just adds more credence to the LA story,

Just my thoughts about it,

Yes indeed, the object was first detected on radar some 120 miles from LA.

I find it very amusing to say the least that there are those skeptics who think that a plume of smoke was responsible for that incident.

What made this incident into "Alien spaceship over LA" is that one picture, and sure, with a little imagination it can look as if there were something big caught in the searchlights.

I believe that the official explanation is correct, and there was nothing in the searchlights at all, nothing extraterrestrial anyway.

There were multiple air raid alarms and firing of antiaircraft weapons at the numerous "Japanese planes" spotted over LA and other areas at that time...

What is seen as "something" in the searchlight is probably the underside of clouds/smoke from the nearly 2,000 rounds of 12 pound, high explosive shells detonating at a particular preset height.

http://www.sfmuseum.org/hist9/aaf2.html

Bottom line... no one can say what it was and we will probably never know for sure, all there is are speculations, we could even be looking at the underside of the Death Star... or a Borg Cube???

You will also notice in your link that it says the object was also tracked on radar. That in itself, rules out smoke.

So, we can definitely rule out smoke and balloons. The airspeed was far too high until the object slowed down as it reached the LA area and then, it changed directions and even revervsed course, before heading back over the ocean.

A balloon would have been torn to shreds, but eyewitnesses said the object was taking direct hits and nothing was happening to it.

Edited by skyeagle409

I find it very amusing to say the least that there are those skeptics who think that a plume of smoke was responsible for that incident.

I coulda told you that would be the first thing out of their mouths.

I coulda told you that would be the first thing out of their mouths.

Just goes to show that some skeptics are not in the habit of doing any homework and instead, they just pull things out of thin air.

Just goes to show that some skeptics are not in the habit of doing any homework and instead, they just pull things out of thin air.

Just wondered, is post 6 correct or did they engage this object anywhere else?

If the military thought they were shooting at a real object of unknown origin, and this object apparently left the area of it's own free will, wouldn't the military have tried to engage it as it headed out towards the ocean? It seems they only took action at one specific point and when it apparently reversed and headed off again they left it alone? It doesn't make sense.

They knew they were shooting at a real object since the object was first detected it on radar. Since they couldn't shoot the thing down after shooting at it point-blank, what more could they do?

Edited by skyeagle409

They knew they were shooting at a real object since the object was first detected it on radar. Since they couldn't shoot the thing down after shooting at it point-blank, what more could they do?

I don't know, I was asking a question not making a statement of fact. I'll assume by your question then that they didn't bother to try and bring the object down after it left that immediate spot. Thanks.

I don't know, I was asking a question not making a statement of fact. I'll assume by your question then that they didn't bother to try and bring the object down after it left that immediate spot. Thanks.

no, not quite.

from what i remember reading, no planes were scrambled to take it down, during or after it went over l.a.

The Battle of Los Angeles is a pretty interesting event. There are some who are convinced that this had to be ET checking out LA. However, in order to be fair the event could also be explained as more along the lines of military incompetence, see link here. While certainly very interesting, the Battle of Los Angeles is likely to remain more of a mystery then evidence for ET contact.

The Battle of Los Angeles is a pretty interesting event. There are some who are convinced that this had to be ET checking out LA. However, in order to be fair the event could also be explained as more along the lines of military incompetence, see link here. While certainly very interesting, the Battle of Los Angeles is likely to remain more of a mystery then evidence for ET contact.

Check out this video.

Battle of Los Angeles Video

Edited by skyeagle409

which is one hell of a scary thought. the people defending our country cant tell the difference between a ******* Weather Balloon and enmy aricraft. :blink:

same goes for police officers, commercial airline pilots flying me across the atlantic, fighter pilots, or the astronauts we send in space.

why do we pick the incompetant people to do the most dangerous jobs that have the most lives at stake?

scary thought. but my view, i dont think theyre seeing weather balloons.

which is one hell of a scary thought. the people defending our country cant tell the difference between a ******* Weather Balloon and enmy aricraft. :blink:

same goes for police officers, commercial airline pilots flying me across the atlantic, fighter pilots, or the astronauts we send in space.

why do we pick the incompetant people to do the most dangerous jobs that have the most lives at stake?

scary thought. but my view, i dont think theyre seeing weather balloons.

Common misconception to suggest that sceptics are saying one explanation can account for all. Common misconception too to suggest sceptics are implying incompetance on the part of the observer. Each case has to be judge on it's own merits, with everything taken into account, like the hightened atmosphere created during war time - any number of factors could account for why that event unfolded the way it did. To question the unproven theory of alien piloted ships isn't discrediting the phenomena itself - if anything it's just digging a little deeper.

Common misconception to suggest that sceptics are saying one explanation can account for all. Common misconception too to suggest sceptics are implying incompetance on the part of the observer. Each case has to be judge on it's own merits, with everything taken into account, like the hightened atmosphere created during war time - any number of factors could account for why that event unfolded the way it did. To question the unproven theory of alien piloted ships isn't discrediting the phenomena itself - if anything it's just digging a little deeper.

i know, and im glad i dont make these common misconceptions.

each case IS judged on its on merits, and skeptics usually come to the conclusion, the fighter pilot was chasing the planet venus, while the base tracked the metallic object on radar (for example). so it is hard to take some skeptics seriously though.

people already mentioned war nerves, we already take that into account. so what was apparently tracked on radar, moving across l.a. and apparently couldnt be brought down by 1400 rounds of anti-aircraft ammo? (whether it hit it or not, another question. although thats sad they couldnt hit something that big). even though some of the personell claim they were 'direct hits'.

Exactly my popint here, 6 cilivilians already dead from the flack after gunning and the thing left unscathed then why would they try to case something that they in now way could even think about keeping up with, Its simple fact that object invaded a populated area and affter all the shelling the military found absolutle nothing, A Ballon? Not quite, A ballon would have been downed withn one simle mortor attack shot, A japenese plane, Not that either becayse it would have not made it thru such a barage and later the japenes stated they had no aircraft invading such an area, Conclusion is the craft simply left and was not seen again, To imply that the militarty was shooting at smoke or borg or death star or anything else earthly is just unfounded because a well trained military dont shoot clouds or or other phenom. It was a ufo that lingered around long enough to have taken many hits from gunning but it in now way affected it and it simply left, Militery didnt chase it because it would only mean certian death for those involved, And look at invasion over washington and that adds even more more credence as to what the object was,,, An unidentified flying object not of our world

The news reports speak for itsel and it was much later the gov. tried to change the entire story but yest the entire news agencys have alreasdy interviewed the many commanders involved in this insodent before the militery could come out with lies to explain it, Its a fact it happened and it was real, Hazz the picured I provided in the rense site shows the object very clear with enhancements available for that time which were very limited in nature itself,

Best Regards;

TFF

i know, and im glad i dont make these common misconceptions.

each case IS judged on its on merits, and skeptics usually come to the conclusion, the fighter pilot was chasing the planet venus, while the base tracked the metallic object on radar (for example). so it is hard to take some skeptics seriously though.

people already mentioned war nerves, we already take that into account. so what was apparently tracked on radar, moving across l.a. and apparently couldnt be brought down by 1400 rounds of anti-aircraft ammo? (whether it hit it or not, another question. although thats sad they couldnt hit something that big). even though some of the personell claim they were 'direct hits'.

I find it hard to take most opinions on this subject seriously tbh, afterall i'm expected to believe that if i can't say what it was then it must be an alien ship. Perhaps it was an alien ship that just decided to pop to LA for a while an head off again, who knows. One things for sure, you can't prove what it was any more then I can.

I guess I'm sceptical of both sides if they claim to know the answer of something termed "unexplained", and I agree that some sceptical explanations are ridiculous for some cases, but weighed against some of the ridiculous unproven claims made by believers it leaves me of the opinion that this subject is only ruled by opinion, which when it comes to finding answers just aint good enough.

I find it hard to take most opinions on this subject seriously tbh, afterall i'm expected to believe that if i can't say what it was then it must be an alien ship. Perhaps it was an alien ship that just decided to pop to LA for a while an head off again, who knows. One things for sure, you can't prove what it was any more then I can.

hmm, i feel kind of sorry for your upbringing then, being raised like that. no one i know was. thats unfortunate.

i never said it was an ET craft, im saying what it probably Wasnt, imo.