Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What to do?

SpaceDoll

I dont know if this is a common subject , as Im new to this site, but I have a daughter who sees spirits/ghosts, well so she says to me, my husbands family have this gift too on their side, I didnt really believe in it until I met him, and his family. I was told she would have this ability too. Its only in the last year that I have really noticed her behaviour. she has just turned 3. She mentions ghosts and points them out where ever she is, its just a random thing, like when we came home one day she said look theres a ghost on our roof, she was so sure of herself, and then later that week she saw one in the window of her bedroom crunching at the window. But curtains were closed and it was dark. She sees them at people homes too. I ask her to describe them to me a in every detail possible, like hair colour , eye colour , happy sad, old young, etc. She descibed one spirit to have white shiny hair , and his eyes were black , and he was happy. THen tells me where they go , up in the clouds ,or away in the trees. SHe talks about allsorts curtains shaking ,wind in her room. but i was there and saw nothing.yells thankyou out the front door to nobody. None of this seems to bother her or upset her, she is a happy person. I recently bought her a chalkboard to draw on and she showed me what she had drawn, it was a board full of circles everywhere, I asked her what was this picture, she said my friends. I dont know if this is just a normal 3 year olds imagination or if I should encourage her on the subject, my husband is of no help on the subject. I just want to make sure I get it right. She I just let it be and see if it goes away.

And she only watchs Kids cartoons, Dora, Einsteins etc.

post-81710-1228943576_thumb.jpg

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SpaceDoll

• Meiliken

• Rickety

• Lord*Kur

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

of course. i don't think they would allow it on ebay

but, i think that children (like animals) are more likely to sense ghostly presences and i'm willing to bet she will grow out of it.

I dont know if im the best person for this because of lack of experience with children, but I can definitely say that if she is perfectly, naturally happy and loving in her own right then I ask you to please not discourage her of anything.

Just because she can see something which is unexplainable (to a degree) or comprehensible to adults, does not mean it does not exist :)

Such a beautiful girl. I wonder if she can see auras too...

The last thing I want to do is discourage her, but more or of understanding. I was told by a psychic that she is a very old soul, one of the oldest she has come by.

Okay I have just one question for you, are her eyes gray, or is it just the picture? 'Cause her eyes are like blank it looks like they have no pupils in the picture, that could be a sign of a very powerful psychic, if it shows through the picture then her abilities are strong, and they are protruding through her body and sort of "leaking out" in a sense as to say that her abilities are so great and massive that her body can't contain them yet so her body expels it when there's too much. I know my sister was this way when she was young, we are both psychic (she doesn't exercise her abilities anymore though) and I could always feel the energy coming off of her like radiation. That's why I don't know if my abilities are from birth or if they're from being around her all my life and soaking up some of hers lol. No mine were from birth, but I don't know how powerful I was, that's the thing about psychics is that they don't know how powerful they really are sometimes. Anyways, I get a sense of well-being from seeing her picture, so I'm guessing that she is well-behaved (unless she's like my little brother and acts one way and then acts out next minute!) but anyway this is nothing to fear, you should definitely encourage this and help her to develop her powers and grow stronger.

Edited by AngelsShadow

HI, Her eyes are a palegreen but change alot , depending on her mood. Pale if relaxed dark if upset.

you are right about her being well behaved.thanks for your comment

The last thing I want to do is discourage her, but more or of understanding. I was told by a psychic that she is a very old soul, one of the oldest she has come by.

When you talk with her, let her identify what she needs your help with the most. It is not easy to integrate her high degree of awareness with where most of us are at.

John

Well yeah, the last thing you want to do is discourage her, that can change a good psychic to go bad. Just practice WITH her, you never know what powers of YOURS you might unlock by being around her and helping her practice. If she can sit still long enough lol try mediation, see if she will meditate and think of absolutely nothing and clear her mind (unlikely lol toddlers don't do that but it's worth a shot). If that doesn't work, then everytime she sees a ghost tell her that she's done a good job by seeing them, or if she communicates with a good ghost then tell her that she's doing good and that it's a good thing to be able to do this. Also if she sees another ghost, look hard and see if you can see it too, if you can't then try meditation and see if you can unlock your abilities and learn to control them. If all else fails then just encourage her when she does something that seems "psychicy" and tell her she did a good job. Just A Suggestion

In my opinion too much encouragment like as suggested could be just as dmamaging. This could simply be a three year old imagination. No need to put pressure on a three year old about psychic powers for goodness sakes. Let her just be and liston. Don't try to develop her powers but let her develop them on her own, or let her out grow them as she chooses. You don't need to push everything that goes along with parasphycology on a little kid. So I think just allowing her to talk about it on her own with out a lot of anylising it would be good. Forgive my spelling please

In my opinion too much encouragment like as suggested could be just as dmamaging. This could simply be a three year old imagination. No need to put pressure on a three year old about psychic powers for goodness sakes. Let her just be and liston. Don't try to develop her powers but let her develop them on her own, or let her out grow them as she chooses. You don't need to push everything that goes along with parasphycology on a little kid. So I think just allowing her to talk about it on her own with out a lot of anylising it would be good. Forgive my spelling please

I'm not talking about pushing, I'm talking about encouraging, I agree not to exploit a child for her power. But loosing your powers sucks, and it takes a lot to get them back. I'm simply saying to tell her good job when she's done something good, I'm not trying to get her to push her child into this I never said that. I just said to help her develop them and get her a little more comfortable with them if she decides she wants to keep her power as a psychic. Just a suggestion lol not a parenting seminar lol

I knw what you meant, im sure she will have her ability as long as she wants to have it. I just worry about what its doing to her in the long term span. The things she describes to me do worry me at times, you just know when someone is out of character, and know that what there saying is true or not. I would really like to hear from someone who has phychic child or a similar situation.

Hi,

I am involved in a similar circumstance with three year old Adam.

...she describes to me do worry me at times, you just know when someone is out of character, and know that what there saying is true or not. I would really like to hear from someone who has phychic child or a similar situation.

When Adam was 2 years old, his mom realized he was phychic. She could not understand how he would know some things. I am friends with Adam's grandmother. I explained to her and then she explained to her daughter that he was telepathic. It was an involved back and forth series of things that led to this realization. I would share the details with you in a PM if it would help.

There is always a reason you have been selected to be a mom for one of these children. Your child has the best insights as to how you can assist her. That is why I suggested that you talk with her. She is still a 3 year old but she does have a perspective that is far beyond your comprehension. If you can appreciate this and work with the circumstances you will fulfill your role.

John

of course. i don't think they would allow it on ebay

but, i think that children (like animals) are more likely to sense ghostly presences and i'm willing to bet she will grow out of it.

And what do you base that assumption on?

Nothing uncommon about your daughter's ability , quite a number of people worldwide has the `third eye ' or the ability to see ghosts.

Nothing uncommon about your daughter's ability , quite a number of people worldwide has the `third eye ' or the ability to see ghosts.

I think everyone has a pineal gland actually.

:tu: Exactly. Lets not fill her head with nonsense. Otherwise you will have a child that doesn't fit in and who believes in fairy tales. Sorry.

And what do you base that assumption on?

absolutely nothing. i was just trying to say something constructive. in my actual opinion, it's just all made up

Edited by Lord*Kur

absolutely nothing. i was just trying to say something constructive. in my actual opinion, it's just all made up

:rofl:

Well I definately wont be encouraging her in fairytales, and nonsense like humpty dumpty and mary had a little lamb.

its not like im going to dance around her with a tamborine and silk scarf and sing hail the fairies in pixieland.

Whether it is real or not, or just an imagination. will it influence her in her future, if it doesnt go away.

Welcome to UM, DownSideUp. What a lovely thread.

will it influence her in her future, if it doesnt go away.

You mentioned that this was something your husband's family was familiar with, and even expected for your daughter. I guess, then, that some of them have carried through with these ideas and activities into adulthood.

So, did they turn out all right?

Even if it does go away now, chances are that it will catch up at a later stage in her life. It would just be a delay in the process :)

Welcome to UM, DownSideUp. What a lovely thread.

You mentioned that this was something your husband's family was familiar with, and even expected for your daughter. I guess, then, that some of them have carried through with these ideas and activities into adulthood.

So, did they turn out all right?

Yes and no, hard to say if they turned out the way they have it would be to lead me here to ask this question, does anyone turn out all right?

Hi :)

Welcome to UM.

You have a beautiful daughter.

My suggestion is to just keep an eye on her. No prompting. I would also keep a journal of dates and times and "who or what" she "sees". Also add in her age and possibly how she feels at the time she "sees" something. I would also keep this private from her. Have her draw pictures and then staple the pictures into the book.

Edited by She-ra