Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Forum Layout Changes

Saru

A few changes have been made to the layout of the forums, the aim here being to shift the emphasis of the forum from the off-topic areas, which seem to have dominated somewhat excessively lately. The general and off-topic boards have now been moved to the bottom of the board index, with the more relevant unexplained related boards up at the top.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

• The Krow

• Gazz

• Diebytheflyguy

LOL... I thought it was something I

clicked on that made the change! blink.gif

I like it and think the reason is good. thumbsup.gif

Gazz grin2.gif

It looks mighty fine Saruman

Mighty fine indeed!

Dont take this personally, but I dont like it... Not at all... Its too weird... My vote is for changing it back.

Fantastic Idea Saruman thumbsup.gif

The quality of threads and posts especially in

General off topic has rapidly gone downhill in the

last few months. Hopefully this will make a few

of the consistant chit chatters look else where, and

the forum can return to posts that are intresting,

informative and full of mature disscusions!

Hair, eye colour, age, favourite things ect can all

be found in profiles..if the user thinks this is

relevent information.

And hopefully this will stop the departure of our

valued members. sad.gif

The quality of threads and posts especially in General off topic has rapidly gone downhill in the last few months.

Although I would agree that a lot more people are posting in the off-topic section, I do not agree that there is any reduction in overall 'quality' of postings on the forum. That is not why these changes were made.

I have heard from a few people over the last few days complaining about the number and quality of posts in the off-topic section, and that indeed a couple of members have even left here because of it. In truth, these people had their own reasons for leaving, and it had nothing to do with the only section of the board that is not related to the subject matter of this site.

If you have no interest in off-topic discussions, don't look at the off-topic section. Anyone who has left because of what is being posted in the off-topic board obviously has very little interest in the unexplained, otherwise it would make little difference to them what goes on in there.

Ah well good idea! However, I'd like to point out that even though this is a site about unsolved mysteries ultimately we come here to have fun!

I enjoy reading all posts but I rarely reply to those other than off topic discussion because one of 3 things happens:

1) Someone disagrees with my opinion or takes offense to something I said and a fight ensues

2) My comment is completely ignored by the other posters (sorry I don't like wasting my time)

3) The post goes completely off topic

I feel those are just a few of the reasons other topics aren't doing as well as the off topic discussion!

i wonder if you might move the counters (who is in , # of posts ,...etc) to the top of the page. it may create more traffic in the chatroom . i have only just noticed the counter for the room , and have been in several times by myself and wondered how ppl would know i was in (i did see the message to stay in , i just did not know where to look to see how many were in )

Edited by UniversalAbsurdity

this is a great idea. it bothers me when people join a site called 'unexplained mysteries' yet they spend all their time in the section for jokes or flirting, and you click their profile and they made all or most of their posts in one of those.