Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US government reveals multiple kill vehicle

UM-Bot

Image credit: MDA/Lockheed Martin
Image credit: MDA/Lockheed Martin
The US government has released video of its latest weapon that looks and moves like the murderous Skynet flying droids from the Terminator movie series — and the name is just as menacing.

The Multiple Kill Vehicle (MKV) robot, built by defence contractor Lockheed Martin, is designed to be mounted to a carrier missile shot into space to take out enemy nuclear missiles.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: ninemsn.com.au

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• johnk81

• chaoszerg

• www375

• The Skeptic Eric Raven

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be glad to start naming these things for them.... I'll do it cheap too....I so hate obvious names. MKV? really? Sounds like a prototype nick-name that got carried over to the final project.

Edited by BaneSilvermoon

Cool little gadget...but seems as though we dig ourselves a deeper hole everyday! :mellow:

Let the "Imperial March" song commence

Pretty cool, but then again a waste of money and resources that should be spend on use full things.

Yeah waste of money. I guess we should let those pesky nuclear missles right thru to blow us up. Good grief.

Yeah waste of money. I guess we should let those pesky nuclear missles right thru to blow us up. Good grief.

Yeah maybe we could spend it on a a time machine to go back in time and stop the idiot inventing the nuclear bomb in the first place! .... Good grief indeed.

Another machine of death and destruction , just what the world needs

CRAZY AERONAUTICS THOUGH - That stayed perfectly level - only this bit was interesting to me , it probably started as something of a static flight device - But hey you know those Americans - they have to put a gun on everything!!

ME

sigh....If we did not have guns or missiles we would only resort back to swords and arrows so it is pointless complaining about another weapon being invented, and this weapon is to try and destroy incoming missiles which could be coming at you to blow you to bits.

sigh....If we did not have guns or missiles we would only resort back to swords and arrows so it is pointless complaining about another weapon being invented, and this weapon is to try and destroy incoming missiles which could be coming at you to blow you to bits.

WTF? sigh?? , Americans invent most of the missiles and technology that kill most other people in other countries and sell it to them aswell! , broken the Soviet Union and are trying it with everyone else who speak up , and continue to occupy nearly all the countries throughout the globe in some capacity with a smile on their face.....

Hmmm yes the conscience must be very clean!

linked-image

WTF? sigh?? , Americans invent most of the missiles and technology that kill most other people in other countries and sell it to them aswell! , broken the Soviet Union and are trying it with everyone else who speak up , and continue to occupy nearly all the countries throughout the globe in some capacity with a smile on their face.....

Hmmm yes the conscience must be very clean!

linked-image

Ahh yes. By all means lets blame America for everything. It's so trendy nowadays. Not saying we're squeaky clean, but what country is?? I'm just so sick of every topic being turned into a "Bash America Thread".

Ahh yes. By all means lets blame America for everything. It's so trendy nowadays. Not saying we're squeaky clean, but what country is?? I'm just so sick of every topic being turned into a "Bash America Thread".

Guarding the Empire:

But supposing that the figure given for Marines in each country does include Marine security guards at embassies, we still have a problem. Most of the countries with a U.S. embassy that have the minimum number of 6 Marines that are necessary to provide embassy security guard duty also have Army, Navy, and/or Air Force troops as well. So whether the figures include Marine guards is irrelevant. The following countries have a U.S. embassy, troops from the Army, Navy, and/or Air Force, and at least 6 Marines:

Afghanistan

Algeria

Argentina

Australia

Austria

Bahamas

Bahrain

Bangladesh

Barbados

Belgium

Bolivia

Bosnia and Herzegovina

Brazil

Burma

Canada

Chad

Chile

China

Colombia

Costa Rica

Cote d’lvoire

Cyprus

Czech Republic

Denmark

Djibouti

Dominican Republic

Ecuador

Egypt

El Salvador

Estonia Ethiopia

Finland

France

Georgia

Germany

Greece

Guatemala

Guinea

Haiti

Honduras

Hungary

Iceland

India

Indonesia/East Timor

Iraq

Israel

Italy

Jamaica

Japan

Jordan

Kazakhstan

Kenya

Kuwait

Liberia

Lithuania

Macedonia

Nepal

Netherlands

Nicaragua

Niger Nigeria

Norway

Oman

Pakistan

Paraguay

Peru

Philippines

Poland

Portugal

Qatar

Russia

Saudi Arabia

Senegal

Singapore

Slovenia

Spain

South Africa

South Korea

Switzerland

Syria

Thailand

Tunisia

Turkey

Uganda

United Arab Emirates

United Kingdom

Uruguay

Venezuela

Vietnam

Yemen

The U.S. Empire is greatly overextended. Buried on page 362 of the 9/11 Commission Report is an admission that the entire planet is our manifest destiny:

Now threats can emerge quickly. An organization like al Qaeda, headquartered in a country on the other side of the earth, in a region so poor that electricity or telephones were scarce, could nonetheless scheme to wield weapons of unprecedented destructive power in the largest cities of the United States. In this sense, 9/11 has taught us that terrorism against American interests "over there" should be regarded just as we regard terrorism against America "over here." In this same sense, the American homeland is the planet.

The 9/11 attacks were just the beginning of a worldwide revolt against the current U.S. foreign policy of a global empire. Only a Jeffersonian foreign policy of peace, commerce, friendship, and no entangling alliances can arrest the menacing U.S. Empire.

October 4, 2004

Laurence M. Vance [send him mail] is a freelance writer and an adjunct instructor in accounting and economics at Pensacola Junior College in Pensacola, FL.

Source: http://www.lewrockwell.com/vance/vance20.html

Maybe so many wouldn't 'Bash' America if they hadn't of bashed them first.

Please dont get me wrong there are many good Americans who believe in the good things that can be achieved by being the worlds only super power , and many good things have come from America , but then again they have been the first to drop the Atomic bomb on a non military part of Japan to prove a point.

ME

I agree, I am not even American and get tired of the lets all blame America for every bad thing, I don't like weapons much either but if one is designed to protect us from another then I am all for it.

:no: All right I didn't meant to start a discussion... my reaction was a bit impulsive, I know.

I was just thinking about the current situation. And it angered me a bit.

I had NO itension to bash the US.

As did I not want to bash the U.S , it too makes me frustrated seeing another weapon to destroy being made.

Theres just so many bad things invented when things should made to help people.

ME

It looks really crude and dependent on fuel.Why aren't they using there Alien technology.Supposedly all the UFO's we see in the skies are military vehicles like some skeptics say here on this boards why not use some of those anti gravity technology and slap it on these ridiculous boxy looking device with flames shooting from everywhere.I can think of a better use for these devices...maybe for roasting marshmallows out in the woods.

They probably spend a shitload of taxpayers money to make this odd looking thing.

Yeah waste of money. I guess we should let those pesky nuclear missiles right thru to blow us up. Good grief.

from who ?? there are enough nukes to blow all of us up. if we become a nuclear target it isn't just one that will be flying towards us but multiple ones. and we have what ? 20 minutes to react ? to all of them ?? Good grief is thinking we can avert them.

better the funding went to proliferation of all nuclear missiles and brokering peace.

from who ?? there are enough nukes to blow all of us up. if we become a nuclear target it isn't just one that will be flying towards us but multiple ones. and we have what ? 20 minutes to react ? to all of them ?? Good grief is thinking we can avert them.

better the funding went to proliferation of all nuclear missiles and brokering peace.

Better some defense than none.

Better to try and fail then not try at all.

Better to be a winner that looses than a looser that never tries. Boo ya.

Good grief to you! :w00t:

That Quirky Piece of junk is meant for Earth’s Orbit where it will maneuver with much better control with less of a Gravitation Pull upon it up in space… However they have Complicated Intricate Components and Vehicles already in place that have overcome gravitational Forces.

They have far Superiorly advanced Technologies of Defense...Star Wars Tech is way far more Advanced than that...

I have to now say In lu of that UFO Crash at Just off of Needles, California last year ( The Blue Green Ball of flames ) and when the Black Helicopters recovery team that extracted it, If I didn’t have my own accounts and now having see this piece of crap in public display some twenty years after what I have seen, I know now for a fact in my mind this Government's Standing Firm that it Knows Nothing about UFOs is a matter of US Defenses for National Security, I just am not yet convenient that UFO Technologies are anything other than Manmade Vehicles Created By Human Space and Rocket Engineers and Scientists.

The Bottom Line here is really do you really believe the US Government is Going to Show what they do have to the Public or other Nation’s scientists, no they will give a Piece of Nibble to cover what they really have...And Rightfully so or They will Evade Revealing its true Military Defense in Aerospace and Defense Systems, I mean come on, they Spied upon Tony Blares Mother for Christ Sake do yah really think they are going to Show the real Deal of the Star Wars Missile Defense Systems and Satellite Components of it…

Pavot B)

Edited by Pavot