Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Air Marshall Sir Peter Horsley Claims He Met

thefinalfrontier

Hoping someone from UK knows of this person and his credibility,

Air Marshall Sir Peter Horsley Claims He Met ET

In Timothy Good’s excellent new book, "Alien Base Earths Encounters with Extraterrestrials" he reports on Air Marshal Sir Peter Horsley, former Deputy Commander in Chief of Strike Command, a war hero who flew Mosquitoes against the Germans, who has held one of the highest ranks in the RAF who in 1954, had a two hour meeting with an apparently extraterrestrial man in London.

In his fascinating autobiography, "Sounds From Another Room", Sir Peter devotes a lengthy chapter to the subject of UFOs, including details of his investigations into sightings reported by pilots; details which he relayed to Prince Phillip, who shared his interest in the phenomenon. He was equerry (advisor) to Her Majesty the Queen and Prince Phillip for seven years. Another enthusiast was air Chief Marshal Sir Arthur Barratt, who retired from the RAF at the end of the war. Barrett introduced Sir Peter to a friend of his, a General Martin, who believed that flying saucers were extraterrestrial vehicles from another planet whose inhabitants were trying to warn us of the perils of nuclear war. Sir Peter was not convinced.

One day in 1954, General Martin phoned Sir Peter, inviting him to meet a Mrs. Markham that night at her London flat in Smith Street, Chelsea. Morning There, in a dimly lit room, he was introduced to a ‘Mr. Janus.’ Without any preliminaries, writes Sir Peter, ‘Mr. Janus dived straight into the deep end by asking me to tell him all I knew about UFOs. He listened patiently… At the end I thought I might be equally as direct and asked Janus what his interest was? He answered me a quite simply, "I would like to meet the Duke of Edinburgh." Somewhat taken aback, Sir Peter replied that this would not be easy. But it was here the strangeness of it all started – the man’s extraordinary ability to read my thoughts.’ Asked why he wanted to meet Prince Phillip, Janus replied: ‘He is a man of great vision. . . who believes strongly in the proper relationship between man and nature which will prove of great importance in future galactic harmony… perhaps you and I can discuss the subject first and you will be able to judge whether I’m dangerous or not. ‘Sir Peter devotes 14 pages to the ensuing two hour discourse, of which selected excerpts follow.

Janus began by pointing out that man was ‘now striving to break his earthly bonds and travel to the Moon and the planets beyond’. He continued: But flight to the stars is Man’s ultimate dream, although knowledge of the vast distances involved in interstellar flight makes it appear only a dream. Yet perhaps after a hundred years or so… exploration of his own solar system may be complete and it is just not in Man’s nature to stop there…Just as tribes found other tribes and Christopher Columbus discovered on his travels unknown centers of ancient civilizations so Man in his journeys through the universe may find innumerable centers of culture far more ancient than his own…He will discover a wealth of experiences infinitely more startling and beautiful than can be imagined: and infinite variety of agencies and forces as yet unknown: great fields of gravity and anti-gravity where objects are accelerated across space like giant sling shots, even other universes with different space and time formula.

More here;

http://www.nationalufocenter.com/artman/pu...article_254.php

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thefinalfrontier

• TSS

• karl 12

• Robbo

It's certainly an interesting read (the book I mean), I've read it a few times now. He's an interesting character too.

Edited by Sky Scanner

It's certainly an interesting read (the book I mean), I've read it a few times now. He's an interesting character too.

Hi SkyScanner;

Do ya know if this has any merit or is it all fiction, I had never heard of this story before;

Regards;

TFF

Hi SkyScanner;

Do ya know if this has any merit or is it all fiction, I had never heard of this story before;

Regards;

TFF

Hello TFF,

Hard one to call really, I mean it's only a very small section of his autobiography, the rest just being about his interesting life in the military and guarding the royals etc. He certainly hasn't gone down the road of jumping onto the ufo bandwagon and started elaborating on this with further books (dvd's and other crap) about his opinion etc (as far as I know)... as far as I know too he hasn't really gone into to much detail about his opinions on it (other then the book) he seems to just regard it as a fascinating meeting and intriguing moment in his life.

In my opinion, he seems genuine to me in what he says - if I was forced into giving a judgement I would have to say I believe the meeting took place, whether it was actaully a life form not of this planet, I wouldn't like to speculate.

Hello TFF,

Hard one to call really, I mean it's only a very small section of his autobiography, the rest just being about his interesting life in the military and guarding the royals etc. He certainly hasn't gone down the road of jumping onto the ufo bandwagon and started elaborating on this with further books (dvd's and other crap) about his opinion etc (as far as I know)... as far as I know too he hasn't really gone into to much detail about his opinions on it (other then the book) he seems to just regard it as a fascinating meeting and intriguing moment in his life.

In my opinion, he seems genuine to me in what he says - if I was forced into giving a judgement I would have to say I believe the meeting took place, whether it was actaully a life form not of this planet, I wouldn't like to speculate.

Well IMO then maybe there is something to this because he didnt jump on the wagon of ufos and ETs, Sounds like he mentioned it and moved on where most would jump on it and keep on going on and on about it,,, He certianly was a a part of the majaesty I believe,

Thanks much;

TFF

Well IMO then maybe there is something to this because he didnt jump on the wagon of ufos and ETs, Sounds like he mentioned it and moved on where most would jump on it and keep on going on and on about it,,, He certianly was a a part of the majaesty I believe,

Thanks much;

TFF

Well that's certainly the way I've always looked at it. It's as if he thought "I'm writing my bio, that's part of my life so it's going in, take it or leave it". He certainly didn't need to add it as his target audiance would be people interested in the military, which is how I came across it (when looking in the military section). That section aside, it's a book worth reading anyway if you get the chance TFF.

Edited by Sky Scanner

I most certianly will Sky;

I found this PDF file that goes more into detail surrounding the story about Janus and Horsely, Although I have not read the entire thing but I will later, I will be looking for the book too because it does sound interesting,

Link to PDF

http://books.google.com/books?id=Tqu7764c2...esult#PPA211,M1

Regards;

TFF

Hello TFF,

Here's Horsleys summary at the end of the Chapter regarding UFO's, I thought I'd type it out for you as you haven't got a copy of the book:

Suppose we are actually living in a multi-dimensional time track with the same space, including a young primeval world, our own and a much older world with advanced technology, all ageing and developing side by side, conscious and sometimes stirred by the presence of the others - strange ships in the sky, images of ancient creatures, the imprudent antics of poltergeists and strange noises like the creaking of bedsprings from an empty room.

These time tracks spin around like seperate grooves of a gramophone record, each playing a different score until given a sudden jolt when the needle jumps a track, imposing for a very short period an unintelligible tune upon its neighbour before being returned to its own groove again.

What causes the jolt is unimportant: possibly some electro-magnetic charge so that, under special and localized circumstances, images of the other worlds break through, leaving prints for the briefest space of time - the monster in Loch Ness, hairy creatures in the frozen waste, strange flying ships and machines. And, conversely, ships and aeroplanes disappear from our own space without trace, perhaps all ending up in some cosmic dustbin.

Of all the 'out there' theories on the plate, this is the one that interests me the most.

Edited by Sky Scanner

Hello TFF,

Here's Horsleys summary at the end of the Chapter regarding UFO's, I thought I'd type it out for you as you haven't got a copy of the book:

Of all the 'out there' theories on the plate, this is the one that interests me the most.

Hi Sky Scanner;

yes its plausable to think in this manner because I have pondered that myself, What if earth has another planet but in a different dimension? I could understand in some circumstances that each could from one dimension could cross into the nesxt dimention or even perhaps the more advanced earth could even know how to travel to our dimention, This of course is only speculation but it sure does make a person think and look into that possibility, Thanks for taking the time to type out the words from his book, Much appreciated, BTW, Science now believes there are multiverses out there, Possibly another dimention but the honestly do believe in parralell universes and multiversers, Once the get the LHC up and running agian it could tell the whole story of it all but then again maybe not, LHC is trying to prove string theory which at this point is not officially accepted by science but it may proved right or wrong once it fires up and the detail come out, And that I can not wait to hear about, To bad it had a millions of dollars breakdown but they will get it online one day not so far off,

Regards;

TFF

I've heard this story a few times, I think Nick Pope also presented a programme about it. I think there was a mention somewhere of 'Janus' seeming to know everything about the UK's nuclear deterrent at the time, as if he was taking it straight from the Air Marshalls mind. Also, I think the Air Marshall was on that show by Pope...Very English and upper class.

I think his story is quite creadible, the Duke himself has an interest in Ufology too, maybe it was hushed up before either of them could get anything done.

Peter Horsley held the third highest rank in the RAF...so thats 3 star general for those in the US. But since only the Queen can hold the highest rank, I suppose it really makes him the second highest rank acheivable.

Hi Karl;

Thanks for the links, Interesting indeed, I also will be looking for his book, I would very much like to read it,

Regards;

TFF

TFF Theres an account of the meeting here in this UFO documentary:

The British UFO files:

Starts around 4:16

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=JGbzzkWtan8&...feature=related

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=k4TlDWYwLp0&...feature=related

I haven't read Tim Good's new book yet but its on the Christmas list :)

Cheers Karl

• 9 years later...

Multi-dimensional Headakes are a pain for anyone to try to understand. but think about this If "Mr Janus" was seeking an information Pipe Line with the British Royle Family then there must have been a need for it later.

three dimensions? sadly there must be more, (1) the young primeval world(with Dinosours=Dragon Legends), (2) Our Earth, and (3)Janus's (Otherworld=Legends of the old panthions of gods?) our world is only so old (so only so many so called Advanced Dimensions) we humans 200years ago would think of a mobile phone as a Black Magic Totem with a woman named Siri traped inside.

Janus's use of advanced technology to Hide the meetings suggests a few factions dislikeing the idea of such a meeting, just us humans? or also from Janus's (Otherworld)? (yes car crash)

Janus's warning that some human Tech could lead to the old standard level of Multi-dimensional stability becomeing more unstable sounds like the main problem to me.

thinking of Multi-dimensional Headakes as a Knot with each dimension as strand of string makes my Headake's worse but as a consept it works dimensional stability becomeing unstable would (if no action was taken) lead to some strings merging together a nasty idea that (dont ask me how to fix it) but if two dimensions go in to the knot an only one comes out then something went eather very wrong or... (worst case example DC Comics Crisis on Infinite Earths, the main problem not the character story)

with our modern level of human Tech knocking the dimensional borders out of balance some how?  how many missing people around the world have been accidentally migrated to other dimensions? would that be Multi-dimensional cross pollination or pollution? or the first steps in forceing a Multi-dimensional convergence? with No Guarantee that our Earth would be recognizable to anyone who suvived a Multi-dimensional convergence that is a very good nightmare to not think about.

thease are my Ideas on the problem (the Men In Black Need better Border Control) If Janus's people can help but are unwilling to do so, then we are all F'd. It is 100% a matter of timeing.

Ok someone had to consider the extremist overreaction.

Edited by steven house