Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

controlling psi balls

Ufo_Guy

When I first read this post I was thinking PSI (pounds per square inch) ball, like in some UFO related context. I get it now, psi as is psychic. I've never heard of a psi ball before. What is their purpose and how is it created?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mattshark

• drakonwick

• eight bits

• Resonance

You seem to miss the point - it's not worth arguing about anyway.

It's not worth arguing about ... you're right. I know.

But i was just trying to show you, i can make a point and stick with it.

Because, i was right.. You were wrong.. ;)

hehe.

It's not worth arguing about ... you're right. I know.

But i was just trying to show you, i can make a point and stick with it.

hehe.

Whatever makes you happy - but you STILL don't seem to get my point.

Edited by Moonie2012

Whatever makes you happy - but you STILL don't seem to get my point.

Umm... i'm pretty sure i DO...... But think what you want...

I 'know' supposed 'psi' abilities haven't been documented or put through any sort of 'scientific' test, with positive outcomes..

I know that. And i know, your point of 'air' being able to be 'seen' as opposed to 'psi' abilities.

I made no assumption about the issue. I read your report. There was no test of the on-topic causal hypothesis presented there.

Your experiment showed that a human being could in fact warm the air at a required place. Brava.

Now that that's settled, there is no reason, based on your report, to associate what the human being was thinking about at the time with the temperature difference you observed. You need to test that, not "take it into consideration."

Have someone do the same overt things while thinking about something else. I made a suggestion about a known "something else" to think about that will reliably produce thermal effects. If there is a difference between those two situations, then measure it and report it.

You didn't measure it, but concluded that the person's intentions mattered anyway. It isn't me who's making an assumption here.

Luckily, this could easily be fixed.

My apologies. My assumption was made based on the fact that your entire reply was focused around body heat. IMO, only an ignorant person would not take body heat into consideration. I'm not a scientist, nor do I claim to be one. . .but I'm also not ignorant and went and still do go to college, I know how to conduct an experiment and how to take many different factors into consideration. :tu: I also, very clearly, stated that there were plenty of before and after readings done. . .which would mean, readings done when the people were in position but not thinking about whatever it is they think of to make it happen. I did the same thing, and had no results other than what would be normal body temperature fluctuations. Let me rephrase. I did the same thing in several different ways because I had never tried to do whatever it is they were doing before, so I was unsure what I was supposed to be thinking about. I already stated that I thought it was silly. If you really doubt my ability to test something, why don't you do it yourself? I highly doubt you'd be happy with anything I did, even if I was in a clean room with video cameras. Its the drawback of being in a forum, you can't really KNOW who you're talking to, therefore you will doubt whatever they say.

And, btw, there's no need to be condescending or anything (speaking about the rather sarcastic "brava"). . .I'm sure I'm not as clever as you when it comes to the scientific world, and I'm not challenging that in any way. I was simply putting something out that I did.

Sorry you took it that way, SS.

In my opinion, the design of the experiment, as you reported it, needed an additional feature if it were to support the conclusion invited. That's not a judgment of anything personal about you. It is a comment on the work you reported.

It is an opinion posted on a web forum where opinions are exchanged. You are free to disagree, impute a "tone of voice" to my post, or speculate about my motives.

I do, however, have a posting record. I encourage, rather than disparage, people who step up. You did. Brava wasn't sarcastic. You were not condescended to. You were told something straight.

Maybe next time we'll communicate more clearly. Happy New Year.

My apologies. My assumption was made based on the fact that your entire reply was focused around body heat. IMO, only an ignorant person would not take body heat into consideration. I'm not a scientist, nor do I claim to be one. . .but I'm also not ignorant and went and still do go to college, I know how to conduct an experiment and how to take many different factors into consideration. :tu: I also, very clearly, stated that there were plenty of before and after readings done. . .which would mean, readings done when the people were in position but not thinking about whatever it is they think of to make it happen. I did the same thing, and had no results other than what would be normal body temperature fluctuations. Let me rephrase. I did the same thing in several different ways because I had never tried to do whatever it is they were doing before, so I was unsure what I was supposed to be thinking about. I already stated that I thought it was silly. If you really doubt my ability to test something, why don't you do it yourself? I highly doubt you'd be happy with anything I did, even if I was in a clean room with video cameras. Its the drawback of being in a forum, you can't really KNOW who you're talking to, therefore you will doubt whatever they say.

And, btw, there's no need to be condescending or anything (speaking about the rather sarcastic "brava"). . .I'm sure I'm not as clever as you when it comes to the scientific world, and I'm not challenging that in any way. I was simply putting something out that I did.

Well, with what you said here, i wouldn't doubt you 'are' more 'clever' then whoever it was that you were talking to.. hehe. ;)

Well, with what you said here, i wouldn't doubt you 'are' more 'clever' then whoever it was that you were talking to.. hehe. ;)

I hope you get warned for flame baiting....

===

Anyway psi balls?

1: What are they?

2: How do they work?

3: Can they be measured?

4: Is there any data to support their existence?

Dear Lord you're stupid.

Err, since I can't see any edit button, I do apologise (in seperate post) for the above remark. Obviously the cortical node that generates belligerence was running on full that day.

Once again, sorry, I really should have said "close minded".

...aw man, I'm almost out of popcorn!

That is true. When it comes to scientific data, you cannot go on eye witness accounts alone, or experiences. However in the same time, would someone even know for sure what they were looking to measure scientifically, and sadly, it comes to the skeptics side to provide evidence against psi balls, after all, those of us who like playing with psi balls already believe in them, and need no more proof than having our balls in our hands.

Does there have to be a reason why we exist?

I also disagree, experience is not good evidence. It is subject to, too many confounding factors and conjecture.

That is true. When it comes to scientific data, you cannot go on eye witness accounts alone, or experiences. However in the same time, would someone even know for sure what they were looking to measure scientifically, and sadly, it comes to the skeptics side to provide evidence against psi balls, after all, those of us who like playing with psi balls already believe in them, and need no more proof than having our balls in our hands.

If there is energy created it would result in an increase in the temperature which would be measurable. The increase that would be expected anyway would have to be accounted for though. We would also have to look to see if the sensation is not just a natural reaction to you hands being in that position (The muscle movement and the heat generated would have a noticeable effect and the brain is very easily tricked by such a thing).

Edited by Mattshark