Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Behold, I Come Quickly...

thaphantum

Jesus said that in John's vision, in Revelation 22:7 and 22:12 but its been about 1,900 years since John wrote Revelation.

What's more interesting is that there are several places in the Bible that refer to a completely different time table than what we use to measure time.

For a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night. - Psalms 90:4

But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. 2 Peter 3:8

But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die. Genesis 2:17

(Adam died at the age of 930)

Einstein's theory of relativity seems to apply here. Time is only relative from the point of view of the observer. If Jesus was speaking from a different perspective on time, He has only been gone for about 2 days in God's time. From our finite point of view, 2,000 years seems like a long time, but in reality, its not that long.

After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight. - Hosea 6:2

Again, the prophet Hosea speaks prophetically about a 3k year period. About 2,000 years had passed when suddenly in 1948 Israel became a nation once again, in accordance with Bible prophecy...

And it shall come to pass in that day, that the Lord shall set his hand again the second time to recover the remnant of his people, which shall be left, from Assyria, and from Egypt, and from Pathros, and from Cush, and from Elam, and from Shinar, and from Hamath, and from the islands of the sea. And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth - Isaiah 11:11-12

Interestingly enough, June 6, 1967, Israel took back Jerusalem in accordance with another prophecy made in a few places in the Bible.

And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it. - Zechariah 12:3

And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled. - Luke 21:24

Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Now will I bring again the captivity of Jacob, and have mercy upon the whole house of Israel, and will be jealous for my holy name; After that they have borne their shame, and all their trespasses whereby they have trespassed against me, when they dwelt safely in their land, and none made them afraid. When I have brought them again from the people, and gathered them out of their enemies' lands, and am sanctified in them in the sight of many nations; Then shall they know that I am the LORD their God, which caused them to be led into captivity among the heathen: but I have gathered them unto their own land, and have left none of them any more there. Neither will I hide my face any more from them: for I have poured out my spirit upon the house of Israel, saith the Lord GOD. - Ezekiel 39:25-29

And I will bring again the captivity of my people of Israel, and they shall build the waste cities, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and drink the wine thereof; they shall also make gardens, and eat the fruit of them. - Amos 9:14

And just in case its not clear...

Therefore say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; I will even gather you from the people, and assemble you out of the countries where ye have been scattered, and I will give you the land of Israel. - Ezekiel 11:17

There are plenty of undeniable signs that couldn't have been known at the time, unless someone was giving them information based on having already seen what was going to happen.

Here is what the Bible predicts is coming and already happening in some parts of the world.

A political war on Christianity - Matthew 24:9-10

People will seek to get rid of God from society - Psalms 2

The Gospel will be preached in all nations - Matthew 24:14

Israel will rebuild the temple and it will be desecrated - Matthew 24:15, Daniel 12:11, 2 Thessalonians 2:4

Israel will sign a 7 year peace treaty with Arab nations, mediated by the Antichrist- Daniel 9:27

And to answer the question that always comes up, "why hasn't God ended it all yet?" Its simple... the 2nd coming of Christ (not the rapture) all depends on Israel acknowledging God and asking Him to return. The verse in Hosea also explains where the God of the OT seems to be absent...

I will go and return to my place, till they acknowledge their offence, and seek my face: in their affliction they will seek me early. - Hosea 5:15

And I will give them an heart to know me, that I am the LORD: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God: for they shall return unto me with their whole heart. - Jeremiah 24:7

And I will bring them, and they shall dwell in the midst of Jerusalem: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God, in truth and in righteousness. - Zechariah 8:8

And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn. - Zechariah 12:10

Edited by thaphantum

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dr. Peter Venkman

• thaphantum

• Omnaka

• ShadowSot

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus said that in John's vision, in Revelation 22:7 and 22:12 but its been about 1,900 years since John wrote Revelation.

What's more interesting is that there are several places in the Bible that refer to a completely different time table than what we use to measure time.

For a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night. - Psalms 90:4

But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. 2 Peter 3:8

But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die. Genesis 2:17

(Adam died at the age of 930)

Einstein's theory of relativity seems to apply here. Time is only relative from the point of view of the observer. If Jesus was speaking from a different perspective on time, He has only been gone for about 2 days in God's time. From our finite point of view, 2,000 years seems like a long time, but in reality, its not that long.

After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight. - Hosea 6:2

Again, the prophet Hosea speaks prophetically about a 3k year period. About 2,000 years had passed when suddenly in 1948 Israel became a nation once again, in accordance with Bible prophecy...

And it shall come to pass in that day, that the Lord shall set his hand again the second time to recover the remnant of his people, which shall be left, from Assyria, and from Egypt, and from Pathros, and from Cush, and from Elam, and from Shinar, and from Hamath, and from the islands of the sea. And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth - Isaiah 11:11-12

Interestingly enough, June 6, 1967, Israel took back Jerusalem in accordance with another prophecy made in a few places in the Bible.

And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it. - Zechariah 12:3

And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled. - Luke 21:24

Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Now will I bring again the captivity of Jacob, and have mercy upon the whole house of Israel, and will be jealous for my holy name; After that they have borne their shame, and all their trespasses whereby they have trespassed against me, when they dwelt safely in their land, and none made them afraid. When I have brought them again from the people, and gathered them out of their enemies' lands, and am sanctified in them in the sight of many nations; Then shall they know that I am the LORD their God, which caused them to be led into captivity among the heathen: but I have gathered them unto their own land, and have left none of them any more there. Neither will I hide my face any more from them: for I have poured out my spirit upon the house of Israel, saith the Lord GOD. - Ezekiel 39:25-29

And I will bring again the captivity of my people of Israel, and they shall build the waste cities, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and drink the wine thereof; they shall also make gardens, and eat the fruit of them. - Amos 9:14

And just in case its not clear...

Therefore say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; I will even gather you from the people, and assemble you out of the countries where ye have been scattered, and I will give you the land of Israel. - Ezekiel 11:17

There are plenty of undeniable signs that couldn't have been known at the time, unless someone was giving them information based on having already seen what was going to happen.

Here is what the Bible predicts is coming and already happening in some parts of the world.

A political war on Christianity - Matthew 24:9-10

People will seek to get rid of God from society - Psalms 2

The Gospel will be preached in all nations - Matthew 24:14

Israel will rebuild the temple and it will be desecrated - Matthew 24:15, Daniel 12:11, 2 Thessalonians 2:4

Israel will sign a 7 year peace treaty with Arab nations, mediated by the Antichrist- Daniel 9:27

And to answer the question that always comes up, "why hasn't God ended it all yet?" Its simple... the 2nd coming of Christ (not the rapture) all depends on Israel acknowledging God and asking Him to return. The verse in Hosea also explains where the God of the OT seems to be absent...

I will go and return to my place, till they acknowledge their offence, and seek my face: in their affliction they will seek me early. - Hosea 5:15

And I will give them an heart to know me, that I am the LORD: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God: for they shall return unto me with their whole heart. - Jeremiah 24:7

And I will bring them, and they shall dwell in the midst of Jerusalem: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God, in truth and in righteousness. - Zechariah 8:8

And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn. - Zechariah 12:10

Whats Your Point Bro, Or should I just guess and pick the one I want to respond to?

Behold I come quickly Means live your life in love not fear. It's gonna happen, but not in your lifetime.as it was said to all lifetimes.

Jesus did not preach fear Of God, nor is Jesus God of this world.

He inherits one after this world has come to a close.

Reincarnation, during the life of this world is sure, After an infinate spirit through all his concious experience Gained, will choose a world, to continue his eternal existance.

I apologise if This thread is supposed to be Bible tennis only, but the opener is pretty vague.IMO.

If you are not one to get rid Of God, Be Happy in God's love.

Condemning others For God is condemning self. IMO_

God's love is Unconditional~!

Love Omnaka

Edited by Omnaka

Whats Your Point Bro, Or should I just guess and pick the one I want to respond to?

Behold I come quickly Means live your life in love not fear. It's gonna happen, but not in your lifetime.as it was said to all lifetimes.

Reincarnation, during the life of this world is sure, After an infinate spirit through all his concious experience Gained, will choose a world, to continue his eternal existance.

I apologise if This thread is supposed to be Bible tennis only, but the opener is pretty vague.IMO.

Love Omnaka

He has no point. This dude post's stuff all the time, in a false attempt at discussion. Then, if one responds with an opposing point of view, he lays the Jesus stuff on ya. Even if the reply came from a non Christian. He asks questions he already has an answer for just to argue with people. When he's been backed in to a corner he disappears for a few weeks, then shows up and starts all over. I wouldn't waste my time.

Edited by Dr. Peter Venkman

He has no point. This dude post's stuff all the time, in a false attempt at discussion. Then, if one responds with an opposing point of view, he lays the Jesus stuff on ya. Even if the reply came from a non Christian. He asks questions he already has an answer for just to argue with people. When he's been backed in to a corner he disappears for a few weeks, then shows up and starts all over. I wouldn't waste my time.

I thought like that before, you should have heard the early days Of omnaka, after talking w/ Father Mother and Many bro and sisters in the spirit world, I was almost omnipotent.

Then I realised I was hungry, and had to go to work.

If all the experience one has is a Word printed on a page, I think, Experience in the here and now tops a;; Book learned spirituality.

Those are beginners lessons On how to begin. Imo.

Not that they are wo rse or better, Just, They are not for me, Being a reincarnate, Iam A Priest and Rabbi, Been a pagan too.

After Father and Mother revealed them self to me, I relied on Faith, Now I know truth.

Love Omnaka

I thought like that before, you should have heard the early days Of omnaka, after talking w/ Father Mother and Many bro and sisters in the spirit world, I was almost omnipotent.

If all the experience one has is a Word printed on a page, I think, Experience in the here and now tops a;; Book learned spirituality.

Not that they are wo rse or better, Just, They are not for me, Being a reincarnate, Iam A Priest and Rabbi, Been a pagan too.

After Father and Mother revealed them self to me, I relied on Faith, Now I know truth.

Love Omnaka

Before Father and Mother revealed them self to me, I relied on Faith, Now I know truth.

Love Omnaka

Edited by Omnaka

Due to the rather intense views of the OP, and agreeing with the above, I will pick a specific point...

...and chuckle at the thread title.

Jesus came in peace, he left in peace, and will probably, if he does return, return with peace.

Annd probably with confusion, as his followers have so readily mixed and picked at his preachings and the teachings of the Jewish faith.

Before Father and Mother revealed them self to me, I relied on Faith, Now I know truth.

Love Omnaka

Hey, If it works for ya! Spread the love brother!

Hey, If it works for ya! Spread the love brother!

Bacatcha Bro :wub:

Love Omnaka

Love Omnaka

Agreed. You know, this sort of madness, constantly speculating about the end of the world, makes me think, that, at least in some way, people who are seemingly addicted to doing this have little appreciation for THE PRESENT, for life. Doomsayers completely miss the mark of Jesus' intent with these words. He wants you to LIVE like He is going to return, to live for the present moment. Actually, His teachings regarding this are very Buddhist IMO. Its essentially what the Buddha taught. The previous moment is gone, therefore it does not exist; nor does the future moment, it has not happened yet. There is only present. Behold I come as a thief.....He is not referring to Himself, IMO, He is referring to TIME ITSELF. Time is the thief in the material body; therefore you must live for the present. Its exactly as you say, Omnaka, the teaching IS to live for love, TO LIVE FOR THE PRESENT MOMENT. The Cross is a physical representation of our plight, the linear existence, one part time, the other part space.

Why do you have no appreciation for the present, if He comes so quickly? Is there nothing more worthwhile to be doing? It is absolutely foolish and pointless to speculate about some supposed coming apocalypese. You quote these verses from the Bible. Well, here is another one you would do well to pay more attention to, from Ecclesiastes:

9 What has been will be again,

what has been done will be done again;

there is nothing new under the sun.

10 Is there anything of which one can say,

"Look! This is something new"?

It was here already, long ago;

it was here before our time.

11 There is no remembrance of men of old,

and even those who are yet to come

will not be remembered

by those who follow.

There are ways to prevent that you know. Counting backwards from 1000, naming all of the presidents, etc. :rofl:

Glad I'm not the only one who found that funny.

There are ways to prevent that you know. Counting backwards from 1000, naming all of the presidents, etc. :rofl:

gOOD ONE!

Really guys, and in all fairness. There is a good amount of research brought together from the OP's information posted to chew on here.... It seems that in many places it sayys

that a day to God is about equal to a thousand days to us in our perspective of time.

I think its an interesting gather of info....

Thank you!

Blessings all

*FACEPALMS*

....ROFL dear gods...

Actually, I stay around for weeks, have NEVER been backed into a corner. I constantly ask for links, sources, etc, which are NEVER posted, so I drop the convo and move on, just like everyone else does, otherwise, there would be no old threads. Furthermore, I run 3 websites that I'm constantly working on. I don't have time to be on here all day, like some people, so when I find time to post, I do. I also don't revive any threads that aren't already on the first page.

This post however has no questions posted at all. So where is the false attempt at discussion? I simply posted information. People are free to respond as they see fit.

Actually, I stay around for weeks, have NEVER been backed into a corner. I constantly ask for links, sources, etc, which are NEVER posted, so I drop the convo and move on, just like everyone else does, otherwise, there would be no old threads. Furthermore, I run 3 websites that I'm constantly working on. I don't have time to be on here all day, like some people, so when I find time to post, I do. I also don't revive any threads that aren't already on the first page.

This post however has no questions posted at all. So where is the false attempt at discussion? I simply posted information. People are free to respond as they see fit.

:wacko:

I've been reading your posts for a while now dude. Don't kid a kidder. You may not be asking a question on this post, but you posed a Christian point of view. As soon as someone displays a different point of view... well you know your intentions, and so does everybody else. Your posts are interesting man, I won't dispute that. Your replies toward other's pints of view, however, are repulsive. Jesus isn't the answer for everything. Millions of people go about their lives with a different religion, or some without religion at all. They're doing just fine. Try listening and learning to and from points of view rather than throw Christianity in their faces. After all you may believe you are right, but so do they.

Edit-I couldn't leave it alone. Delete if you wish, cause it is off topic lol.

And they shall say "where is the promise of his coming? things have been the same since our fathers, and their fathers before them"

The OP has hardly touched base on this subject. Believe it or not, here it comes.

Due to the rather intense views of the OP, and agreeing with the above, I will pick a specific point...

...and chuckle at the thread title.

I too chuckled at first glance ,I thought it was an article on premature ejaculation!!!!!

fullywired

LOL --- i noticed that too!!! Severeal times I've seen Phantum completely backed into a corner, then DISAPPEAR, and ignore the posts he couldn't reply to, but magically respond to older posts he didn't feel "threatened" in - lol Phantum - Where's that irrefutable poof you promised me three times now of Gods existance? You told me by the "end of the day."

LOL --- i noticed that too!!! Severeal times I've seen Phantum completely backed into a corner, then DISAPPEAR, and ignore the posts he couldn't reply to, but magically respond to older posts he didn't feel "threatened" in - lol Phantum - Where's that irrefutable poof you promised me three times now of Gods existance? You told me by the "end of the day."

Really? Please post a link to where I was backed into a corner? If you are talking about the evolution posts, lets get the FACTS straight.

FACT #1: Someone mentioned that there was a detailed fossil record...

FACT #2: I asked for links to pictures of these "fossils"

FACT #3: I didn't receive a single link to the "detailed fossil record"

FACT #4: A detailed fossil record DOESN'T exist...

FACT #5: I kept getting fairy tales about how and why, but no actual fossil evidence that I asked for...

FACT #6: I dropped the subject because NOBODY seems to want to post the 1 simple link I asked for...

I get bored when there is supposed evidence, but nobody willing to post a single shred of it. Well devised, make believe, stories from scientists that have an agenda, are NOT PROOF of anything. Having an idea about something is not proof. I simply asked for a fossil record that supposedly existed, but it can't be produced. So at what point was I backed into a corner? I posted for 3 or 4 days asking for links, so I decided that it was a worthless conversation since there is 0% PROOF of animals MAGICALLY turning into a completely different species.

:wacko:

I've been reading your posts for a while now dude. Don't kid a kidder. You may not be asking a question on this post, but you posed a Christian point of view. As soon as someone displays a different point of view... well you know your intentions, and so does everybody else. Your posts are interesting man, I won't dispute that. Your replies toward other's pints of view, however, are repulsive. Jesus isn't the answer for everything. Millions of people go about their lives with a different religion, or some without religion at all. They're doing just fine. Try listening and learning to and from points of view rather than throw Christianity in their faces. After all you may believe you are right, but so do they.

Edit-I couldn't leave it alone. Delete if you wish, cause it is off topic lol.

Don't assume I don't know other points of view. I've read and memorized most of the Koran, The Book Of Mormon, The Satanic Bible, and any UFO literature I get my hands on. I've taken 2 courses in biology, and 1 in chemistry. I've always been a history fanatic, and the fallacy of evolution has always been an interesting fictional read. If people can throw what they believe in the face of Christians, we can certainly do the same. I don't see you posting this to any of the responders in this thread, because you have a hatred towards Christian, and you are an intolerant bigot.

As far as my replies, I have only personally attacked someone AFTER they have attacked me. I only post my point of view, and from what I've read, any time a Christian posts something, you jump in to attack them, so to say my replies are repulsive is the pot calling the kettle black...

Really? Please post a link to where I was backed into a corner? If you are talking about the evolution posts, lets get the FACTS straight.

FACT #1: Someone mentioned that there was a detailed fossil record...

FACT #2: I asked for links to pictures of these "fossils"

FACT #3: I didn't receive a single link to the "detailed fossil record"

FACT #4: A detailed fossil record DOESN'T exist...

FACT #5: I kept getting fairy tales about how and why, but no actual fossil evidence that I asked for...

FACT #6: I dropped the subject because NOBODY seems to want to post the 1 simple link I asked for...

I get bored when there is supposed evidence, but nobody willing to post a single shred of it. Well devised, make believe, stories from scientists that have an agenda, are NOT PROOF of anything. Having an idea about something is not proof. I simply asked for a fossil record that supposedly existed, but it can't be produced. So at what point was I backed into a corner? I posted for 3 or 4 days asking for links, so I decided that it was a worthless conversation since there is 0% PROOF of animals MAGICALLY turning into a completely different species.

Hhmmm ... Yes, thaphantum does have a valid point here, from what I remember of these exchanges.

Kind regards,

Karlis

Don't assume I don't know other points of view. I've read and memorized most of the Koran, The Book Of Mormon, The Satanic Bible, and any UFO literature I get my hands on. I've taken 2 courses in biology, and 1 in chemistry. I've always been a history fanatic, and the fallacy of evolution has always been an interesting fictional read. If people can throw what they believe in the face of Christians, we can certainly do the same. I don't see you posting this to any of the responders in this thread, because you have a hatred towards Christian, and you are an intolerant bigot.

As far as my replies, I have only personally attacked someone AFTER they have attacked me. I only post my point of view, and from what I've read, any time a Christian posts something, you jump in to attack them, so to say my replies are repulsive is the pot calling the kettle black...

Last reply to you sir. For you to say I have hatred toward Christians is simply uninformed drivel. I have many christian friends on here whom I have had intelligent discusions with, and look foward to more in the future. My own wife is Catholic. I have defended the Christian point of view in the past, and will continue to do so if I feel it needs defending. Anyone that knows me, knows that all religions are valid in my eyes. Because I don't know. No one knows. You can have faith in your Religion, as much as I have faith in mine. But I would never in a million years tell you that your faith is wrong. Because I don't know if it is and neither do you. I never said that you didn't "know" other points of view. I did say that you didn't respect them. You can get all upset and call me a bigot if you wish. All that does is further prove my point.

Good day sir.