Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghostie Theory and Ideas

Nile_Shaman

Uhh....that is weird. Damn. Yeah, I've lived here pretty much all my life.

As for your story, flat out, that sucks, and you have my condolences. I'm sorry you had to go through such a traumatic mess.....I know people who have gone through similar experiences, and the same thing, no one believed them, thought it was dreaming or wild imagination. Its disturbing to think that seemingly malevolent entities can prey upon innocent kids like this, all because they are more open to it. I think its actually good that you have an interest in the field, its like seeking an explanation for what may have happened to you. A lot of the people I've talked to tend to repress it or, are still freaked out by it. Some have been very disturbed when I tell them my....moonlighting gig. And I can understand it. Its the looking into the abyss and it looks back into you thing; for those who have had traumatic experiences like this......but, better understanding does lead to peace of mind. I've worked with a lot of investigators over the years who have gone through crazy s**t too. They deal with it by looking for answers. Either approach, no right or wrong, really.

That is why I questioned organized religion and mostly everything and was very independant early on. I was through that experience and 3 months in an isolation burn unit at Columbus Children's Hospital (is it still there?) and came out very different from it. I stopped asking people and started expecting to need to find out myself. Was I affected by it? Yes. But, some have said it was dying 3 times and lingering near death with blood poisoning from the burns that resulted in what "gifts" I have since. I don't know. I just know what I saw and see, and have learned to be my own sceptic and defender.

Me? I'm just crazy, heh. I NEVER had any paranormal experiences as a kid. I was in my elementary school library and I checked out an illustrated book on ghosts. I was in second grade. It had a photograph of the Brown Lady of Raynham Hall in it. I remember just staring at that picture for over an hour. I ended up stealing the book because I wanted that picture. Ever since I saw that photo of her I have been absolutely obsessed with the paranormal. I studied it for years and then just happened to find a reputable group that investigated hauntings. It was natural, and a crazy dream come true to be doing this.

Awesome, and the field benefits from both sorts, IMO.

But the quest IS personal. I am a deeply spiritual person, and I've also lost a lot of people I care about. My mind is so rationalistic and analytical that for me, weird as I am, mere faith, mere believing wasn't enough, I guess. I'm out there looking for proof of survival beyond what we term as death. I dk if I'll ever find enough proof to convince the analytical side of me, but it gets me out there doing it, always motivated, and always ready to tear apart anything that raises questions to that domineering aspect of my personality.

Spirituality is the most important thing to me too, and I do understand. Faith is to orient you, but you should be able to arrive at knowing at least some of it :) if you're not a lamb type.

Lol its out there. I'm part spiritualist mystic, part total skeptic. I'm Mulder and Scully at the same time haha.

Oh, btw, whereabouts in Columbus did you live?

That is how I see myself, too. I like you :). I don;t know where we lived, tbh. I was 5. Dad was at the base, and we lived in this trailer park. I can ask Mom if I remember on our next phone call if she remembers the name of it. Within the park I know exactly where the trailer sat, however it was old then and so it surely is in a dump long since. I know my "accident" was in the paper, coz Mom showed me the clipping once. Small blip, no way front page. Seems like it was in June, but I dunno. I'll ask her.

My parents knew of no death there. It is my memory of him and things I knew. I don';t know if he told me or what. Recall of details before the accident is spotty. I always thought everyone had that, but then I read people talking about when they were two.... no way for me :). We moved there when I was already 4, and the accident happened a few months after I turned 5. I recall Halloween and Christmas there. Don't recall my birthday (March) though. Robert and Jerry is the name. Perhaps Jerry Robert(something? son, or s or some ending, or not). I have always wished to find out the EMT in the ambulance with me. He had the bluest eyes, and I remember gazing up at him, and wondering why he was crying. I understand now. I wanted to thank him for giving a damn. The fire dept came, and they took me there, so maybe there is a run sheet somewhere in their files. I can pm you when I find out more details.

NS

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nile_Shaman

• Marcus Aurelius

• cpjason

• Pauly Dangerously

I love Jason, Grant and Steve, however, I wonder why they don't ask more pertinent questions too, or stay longer on a find instead of just filming/recording and then jetting out to "wrap it up". I understand it's only an hour show they're recording, but, I'd be in awe of some of the evidence that they've collected over time if I had been the one who collected it! I mean, I wouldn't be able to leave where I collected it. I'd be wanting more! The whole screaming and running away whenever they (not Jason, Grant or Steve) they get touched, or whenever they "make contact" is ridiculous! Reminds me of Yvette on "Most Haunted" and it drives me insane! I wouldn't want to run once I've been touched or once I've "made contact". But that's just me!

A lot of their EVP/K2 work is edited out. If you wanna see how they really do EVP watch the Halloween live event. They do a great job of it in my opinion but they can't put all that in the hour long tv show. They usually only show K2 or EVP work in detail when they get an actual contact.

Edited by cpjason

That is why I questioned organized religion and mostly everything and was very independant early on. I was through that experience and 3 months in an isolation burn unit at Columbus Children's Hospital (is it still there?) and came out very different from it. I stopped asking people and started expecting to need to find out myself. Was I affected by it? Yes. But, some have said it was dying 3 times and lingering near death with blood poisoning from the burns that resulted in what "gifts" I have since. I don't know. I just know what I saw and see, and have learned to be my own sceptic and defender.

Awesome, and the field benefits from both sorts, IMO.

Spirituality is the most important thing to me too, and I do understand. Faith is to orient you, but you should be able to arrive at knowing at least some of it :) if you're not a lamb type.

That is how I see myself, too. I like you :). I don;t know where we lived, tbh. I was 5. Dad was at the base, and we lived in this trailer park. I can ask Mom if I remember on our next phone call if she remembers the name of it. Within the park I know exactly where the trailer sat, however it was old then and so it surely is in a dump long since. I know my "accident" was in the paper, coz Mom showed me the clipping once. Small blip, no way front page. Seems like it was in June, but I dunno. I'll ask her.

My parents knew of no death there. It is my memory of him and things I knew. I don';t know if he told me or what. Recall of details before the accident is spotty. I always thought everyone had that, but then I read people talking about when they were two.... no way for me :). We moved there when I was already 4, and the accident happened a few months after I turned 5. I recall Halloween and Christmas there. Don't recall my birthday (March) though. Robert and Jerry is the name. Perhaps Jerry Robert(something? son, or s or some ending, or not). I have always wished to find out the EMT in the ambulance with me. He had the bluest eyes, and I remember gazing up at him, and wondering why he was crying. I understand now. I wanted to thank him for giving a damn. The fire dept came, and they took me there, so maybe there is a run sheet somewhere in their files. I can pm you when I find out more details.

NS

I like you too. Its actually been quite nice chatting with you on here; never really talked to you, I don't think since this very thread. I think I'd like to add you to my buddy list on here! :alien: Yes, Children's Hospital is still here, it is probably one of the best, if not the best for children in this state. They do very good work there. I have also heard the place is haunted, but thats another story haha. This experience you had, this sounds outrageous. If I may, what happened? (You can PM me if you don't want it in the open forum, that is, if you feel okay talking about it, if not I certainly understand!!) As far as your gifts, speaking purely from a psychical researcher perspective, I have no doubt that this, sort of, flipped a switch. I have read countless books on NDE's, as well as personal stories....and it is a fairly common thing that people come back with powers that they didn't have before, or, as I prefer to think, were dormant. It also sounds like, considering what you have said about what you went through that A. It was a miracle you survived and B. You must certainly have come back with a purpose. Odd to think that we would set such karmic challenges before us, before we come into this world, but that is what I believe. Every crossroad, and every turmoil of my own life, I set it there for me for a reason.

I'll be back after the holidays, hope YOU have a happy holidays yourself. Take care.

A lot of their EVP/K2 work is edited out. If you wanna see how they really do EVP watch the Halloween live event. They do a great job of it in my opinion but they can't put all that in the hour long tv show. They usually only show K2 or EVP work in detail when they get an actual contact.

Yeah, and it usually isn't much of anything. But, when they get a live one, it is interesting for sure :). I think the k-2 is my favorite tool they use. That and the thermal. There's a lot they'd wholly miss if they lacked that.

NS

Yes, Children's Hospital is still here, it is probably one of the best, if not the best for children in this state. They do very good work there. I have also heard the place is haunted, but thats another story haha.

It would be fun to hear about, and I wouldn't mind going back to look it over as an adult, and see the old room. They were state of the art for the time, and the only horrors there for me was this woman who came daily to do the bubbling bath thing to get the bandages off and rebandage. That was one mean natured, malicious and uncompassionate woman! I am happy she never went through it to learn compassion, though. Everyone else I had interaction with was neutral at the worst. There's not much they can do when it simply sucks for a while to be you.

This experience you had, this sounds outrageous. If I may, what happened? (You can PM me if you don't want it in the open forum, that is, if you feel okay talking about it, if not I certainly understand!!)

It doesn't belong here, nobody is interested, and perspective into a grievously injured child's pov isn't the point of UM. But remind me when you get back and I'll pm ya. It totally does not bother me to talk about it. I am no way that child today. The only thing which I do wonder about is why me? I should have died, in fact did, three times, then lingered for a good while. Other kids die daily of less. A few times in my life I have beat impossible odds others haven't. There is nothing about me to account for it and I "blame" God for the saves. The credit goes there. There is nothing more valuable about me than those others. Hasn't been yet, in 49 years to reveal some reason why, either. On a personal level, however, it made everything else possible of my successes... but maybe there would have been different ones had it never happened. Can't know, once you take a fork in the road, eh?

As far as your gifts, speaking purely from a psychical researcher perspective, I have no doubt that this, sort of, flipped a switch. I have read countless books on NDE's, as well as personal stories....and it is a fairly common thing that people come back with powers that they didn't have before, or, as I prefer to think, were dormant.

I vote for dormant, myself. This is the one major irritation hard core militant sceptics cause me to feel on occasion. They have no ability, because they do not want it, and prefer the illusion of really being able to put everything into nice safe file folders and categories. If they do not experience it themselves, there can never be any "proof". None. There is only taking someone else's word for it if you have never ever seen anything of the sort, and I'd never recommend that. I mean, listen and stick it in the "I doubt it, but, maybe other data will come" folder, and then see if it does. But, I'd never just believe someone utterly about something I'd never seen myself. The flip is true, though. I cannot just UN-believe. There has been too much. Way too much.

But, there is a lot I do not believe. If it doesn't pass through the tests I have used all along, then I don't buy it and it goes into that "I doubt it, but" file, or the "this one is a loon, fuggedaboudit" file. I don't have a personal "oo, aaah, I'll accept it coz it is kewl" file.

It also sounds like, considering what you have said about what you went through that A. It was a miracle you survived and B. You must certainly have come back with a purpose. Odd to think that we would set such karmic challenges before us, before we come into this world, but that is what I believe. Every crossroad, and every turmoil of my own life, I set it there for me for a reason.

I wouldn't change it, now, but a whole lot since, yeah, maybe I would :). Bottom line, doesn't matter. You can never, really, go back.

Oh, and as for the hospital being haunted, it is interesting to hear that though aren't all of them said to be? It's kinda de rigeur. But, ... ah never mind. Nuther time.

Have a safe holiday. That is some mean snow inbound to you.

NS

It would be fun to hear about, and I wouldn't mind going back to look it over as an adult, and see the old room. They were state of the art for the time, and the only horrors there for me was this woman who came daily to do the bubbling bath thing to get the bandages off and rebandage. That was one mean natured, malicious and uncompassionate woman! I am happy she never went through it to learn compassion, though. Everyone else I had interaction with was neutral at the worst. There's not much they can do when it simply sucks for a while to be you.

It doesn't belong here, nobody is interested, and perspective into a grievously injured child's pov isn't the point of UM. But remind me when you get back and I'll pm ya. It totally does not bother me to talk about it. I am no way that child today. The only thing which I do wonder about is why me? I should have died, in fact did, three times, then lingered for a good while. Other kids die daily of less. A few times in my life I have beat impossible odds others haven't. There is nothing about me to account for it and I "blame" God for the saves. The credit goes there. There is nothing more valuable about me than those others. Hasn't been yet, in 49 years to reveal some reason why, either. On a personal level, however, it made everything else possible of my successes... but maybe there would have been different ones had it never happened. Can't know, once you take a fork in the road, eh?

I vote for dormant, myself. This is the one major irritation hard core militant sceptics cause me to feel on occasion. They have no ability, because they do not want it, and prefer the illusion of really being able to put everything into nice safe file folders and categories. If they do not experience it themselves, there can never be any "proof". None. There is only taking someone else's word for it if you have never ever seen anything of the sort, and I'd never recommend that. I mean, listen and stick it in the "I doubt it, but, maybe other data will come" folder, and then see if it does. But, I'd never just believe someone utterly about something I'd never seen myself. The flip is true, though. I cannot just UN-believe. There has been too much. Way too much.

But, there is a lot I do not believe. If it doesn't pass through the tests I have used all along, then I don't buy it and it goes into that "I doubt it, but" file, or the "this one is a loon, fuggedaboudit" file. I don't have a personal "oo, aaah, I'll accept it coz it is kewl" file.

I wouldn't change it, now, but a whole lot since, yeah, maybe I would :). Bottom line, doesn't matter. You can never, really, go back.

Oh, and as for the hospital being haunted, it is interesting to hear that though aren't all of them said to be? It's kinda de rigeur. But, ... ah never mind. Nuther time.

Have a safe holiday. That is some mean snow inbound to you.

NS

Yea the weather sux lol. Have a merry christmas!