Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dibbuk Box...

Aanica

I had never heard of this and I found the story very interesting, its a bit long but it certainly will hold your attention...A haunted box that caused much misery for anyone that owned it or had it in their home...

See what you think, also it sold on e-bay as a haunted box..

Haunted Dibbuk...

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aanica

• Sweetpumper

• Moonie2012

• Pauly Dangerously

I had never heard of this and I found the story very interesting, its a bit long but it certainly will hold your attention...A haunted box that caused much misery for anyone that owned it or had it in their home...

See what you think, also it sold on e-bay as a haunted box..

Haunted Dibbuk...

What do you think, Aanica(Not trying to be smart, but am seriously asking)? Interesting story. I don't believe it though. If I bought it on ebay and it was a bust, I would probably to sell it. Once the story gets big enough, I imagine the sale price of this box could get outrageously high. I think those health problems are mere coincidences. I had a laugh when the college student listed an overflowing dumpster as a possible side effect. :lol: I think I might do a little research on the sale of "haunted" items on the internet. Cool post! Later!

Neat story, but ridiculous and a little bit offensive. That this person would imply that this box was responsible for the Holocaust makes me sick. It aggravates me so much I can't even talk about it.

Paul there is no reference that it was linked to that being said, The article says the woman that owned the box survived the holocaust and brought it with her later, this is not about the holocaust but an object that was owned by a surviver...Below is the passage you refer to The surviver bought the object in Spain after she escaped to a new life...

During September of 2001, I attended an estate sale in Portland Oregon. The items liquidated at this sale were from the estate of a woman who had passed away at the age of 103. A grand-daughter of the woman told me that her grandmother had been born in Poland where she grew up, married, raised a family, and lived until she was sent to a Nazi concentration camp during World War II. She was the only member of her family who survived the camp. Her parents, brothers, a sister, husband, and two sons and a daughter were all killed. She survived the camp by escaping with some other prisoners and somehow making her way to Spain where she lived until the end of the war. I was told that she acquired the small wine cabinet listed here in Spain and it was one of only three items that she brought with her when she immigrated to the United States. The other two items were a steamer trunk, and a sewing box.

Edited by Aanica

Paul there is no reference that it was linked to that being said, The article says the woman that owned the box survived the holocaust and brought it with her later, this is not about the holocaust but an object that was owned by a surviver...Below is the passage you refer to The surviver bought the object in Spain after she escaped to a new life...

During September of 2001, I attended an estate sale in Portland Oregon. The items liquidated at this sale were from the estate of a woman who had passed away at the age of 103. A grand-daughter of the woman told me that her grandmother had been born in Poland where she grew up, married, raised a family, and lived until she was sent to a Nazi concentration camp during World War II. She was the only member of her family who survived the camp. Her parents, brothers, a sister, husband, and two sons and a daughter were all killed. She survived the camp by escaping with some other prisoners and somehow making her way to Spain where she lived until the end of the war. I was told that she acquired the small wine cabinet listed here in Spain and it was one of only three items that she brought with her when she immigrated to the United States. The other two items were a steamer trunk, and a sewing box.

Yes, the original story very much did imply that.

The spirit came from séances held in 1938 just before WWII .

On November 10, 1938 they tried to capture the spirit(s) and they said it went very wrong. They believe that what they tried to do - actually had an affect on Kristallnacht - when Jews were first attacked by Germans destroying their shops and many being pushed into Poland from Germany. The family of the Dibbuk Box indicated that the method of madness and breaking glass was consistent with their spirit.

Oddly that is the exact kind of damage that this spirit did to Kevin's shop when released. Breaking all his light fixtures - causing terror to the worker and creating a mini Kristallnacht on basement floor of Kevin's shop. The ending of Kevin's lease mysteriously so Kevin (of Jewish descent) was without a business.

It is amazing that this little group of pretty typical Polish people messing around with séances should tap into something that they recognized as so evil and that on the eve of their trying to trap it, Adolf Hitler was on the eve of releasing it upon humanity. No wonder they were devastated to witness what followed ... the turning of their world to destruction in just hours after dealing with the spirits who wanted to enter this world.

Who would have thought that the Dibbuk Box story would have led to the years prior to WWII and that those involved would feel that they somehow created/or at least played a role in a horror against people greater than most of us could imagine. The violence and destruction of Kristallnacht (when the evil spirits were released) that night … true horror was not really expected even by Hitler, but unstoppable evil seemed to be unleashed like a current through the German people that would not normally be so inhumane. It makes one wonder did something in the air so to speak make the attack on the Jews that night more intense. And once that barrier was passed the following acts and atrocities upon the Jewish people did not seem so bad. Were the evil spirits that are said to have been guiding Hitler - one and the same as those reached by Havela's group?

Though not implying that the box had anything directly to do with it, it certainly is exploiting the apparent connection.

Kristallnacht

Edited by Paul Noise

Sound like a lot of bad coincidences to me.

I would like to see someone buy it who doesn't know anything about it, and see what they have to say a year later. Perhaps the only curse is in knowing about the "curse".

Edited by Moonie2012

Sound like a lot of bad coincidences to me.

I would like to see someone buy it who doesn't know anything about it, and see what they have to say a year later. Perhaps the only curse is in knowing about the "curse".

I agree Moonie 2012 I would too..Perhaps there would be a different outcome if it were not influenced by the story on e-bay, we know that selling so called "haunted objects" on e-bay is a sure fire sell all you need is a little imagination to write the story, like The story that goes with "the hands that resist him"..painting

I have never heard of it..... strange issues. More then likely a farce, or over extravagant minds however interesting nonetheless.

EDIT : Leave it to Hollywood to make a movie about it as well. They are more or less a sinking ship, making a movie from anything even remotely ridiculous.

God Bless, Azalin

Edited by Azalin

A movie of this? good lord. I should send a script about my life, maybe they'll turn that into a movie too!

Though not implying that the box had anything directly to do with it, it certainly is exploiting the apparent connection.

The author was merely suggesting a possible connection, in no way did they claim it to be fact.

I agree Moonie 2012 I would too..Perhaps there would be a different outcome if it were not influenced by the story on e-bay, we know that selling so called "haunted objects" on e-bay is a sure fire sell all you need is a little imagination to write the story, like The story that goes with "the hands that resist him"..painting

Even without the story, that's still a creepy painting.

Even without the story, that's still a creepy painting.
Yea I do agree its a creepy painting, not something I would like to have even not haunted..:)

I suppose it's possible the box has something attached to it. No different than a doll for example.

But the former ownership by a WW2 era Jew I think is irrelevant. I've never heard of a Jewish haunting or possession.

BTW, I have heard from several well known demonologists saying that Hitler was definately possessed or at least using demonic conjuring that probably ultimately backfired on him.

• 1 month later...

I am a craftsman myself I would love to such a Box for my I’m expanding my collections to per-c. 1900 to c. 1850 era taking my collection to the very odd things of yesteryear, however something such as this Box can be very easily faked and thus useless for such a collection, plus it the Dibbuk Box here is not of pre- 1900’s. I myself would never fake anything so I sure as heck would not want to be purchasing a Faked idem of craftsmanship of Antiquity or other…

Pavot

Wow that was a truly fascinating story!! thank you for sharing it. I know that it is belived that wood is alive and absorbs energy around it. That could explain why this negative energy was absorbed by this box.

Edited by deesasster

Haunted + eBay = concocted story for profit 99% of the time. Its sad that people actually bid on these things. I was slightly offended by the story linking the box to Hitler too. That was just in bad taste to say the least. It would be a nice buy as an antique but of course an "unhaunted" antique would not be worth quite as much now would it lol.

I suppose it's possible the box has something attached to it. No different than a doll for example.

But the former ownership by a WW2 era Jew I think is irrelevant. I've never heard of a Jewish haunting or possession.

BTW, I have heard from several well known demonologists saying that Hitler was definately possessed or at least using demonic conjuring that probably ultimately backfired on him.

hmmm,

Do you have any web links about Hitler being possessed? I never heard about that before.

hmmm,

Do you have any web links about Hitler being possessed? I never heard about that before.

He did engage in the Occult, from a young man I found a few links but I have also heard some demonologists speak of Hitler being possessed or extremely oppressed, with the atrocities that occurred, its easy to speculate this to be the case, but hard evidence for this is as all hard evidence...lol.. in the eye of the beholder

And of Course my favorite link will come first, I hope this gives you some interesting things to look at Jason..Aanica

Vatican Exorcist Says Hitler Possessed

Hitler and The Occult

Occult and Hitler

Hitler and secret societies

Edited by Aanica